> @"nia.4725" said:

> > @"Ohoni.6057" said:

> > > @"nia.4725" said:

> > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > @"Ohoni.6057" said:

> > > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > > @"Ohoni.6057" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > > >There is the question, do they want legendary-tier armor to be accessible through open world only? Armor sets always felt like they were intended to be the ultimate rewards.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Then what better place to have them but the ultimate gameplay mode?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > ![](https://78.media.tumblr.com/f7da2cd081f701332d911797e92f17d8/tumblr_mlrrumMQj21rc407qo1_500.gif "")

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > I was talking about open world, the ultimate game mode in GW2. The other stuff is just niche content.

> > > >

> > > > Want me to post the gif again? You just used the same word, and again in a completely wrong context.

> > >

> > > I'll paste the dictionary entry for you to read, dear Ohoni.

> > >

> > > **ULTIMATE**

> > >

> > > adjective

> > > 1.

> > > last; furthest or farthest; ending a process or series:

> > > the ultimate point in a journey; the ultimate style in hats.

> > > 2.

> > > maximum; decisive; conclusive:

> > > the ultimate authority; the ultimate weapon.

> > > 3.

> > > highest; not subsidiary:

> > > ultimate goal in life.

> > > 4.

> > > basic; fundamental; representing a limit beyond which further progress, as in investigation or analysis, is impossible:

> > > the ultimate particle; ultimate principles.

> > > 5.

> > > final; total:

> > > the ultimate consequences; the ultimate cost of a project.

> > > 6.

> > > not to be improved upon or surpassed; greatest; unsurpassed:

> > > the ultimate vacation spot; the ultimate stupidity.

> >

> > Yup, you can't do better than open world in GW2. The rest of the stuff's there just to appeal to niche audiences. Never confuse "more difficult" for "better." In fact, that should really go without saying.

>

> _You can't do better than open world in GW2_

>

> slow clap

>

>

>

Come on, don't ruin this. It's hilarious.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > @"Ohoni.6057" said:

> > > @"nia.4725" said:

> > > > > @"Ohoni.6057" said:

> > > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > > @"Ohoni.6057" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > > >There is the question, do they want legendary-tier armor to be accessible through open world only? Armor sets always felt like they were intended to be the ultimate rewards.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Then what better place to have them but the ultimate gameplay mode?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > ![](https://78.media.tumblr.com/f7da2cd081f701332d911797e92f17d8/tumblr_mlrrumMQj21rc407qo1_500.gif "")

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > I was talking about open world, the ultimate game mode in GW2. The other stuff is just niche content.

> > > >

> > > > Want me to post the gif again? You just used the same word, and again in a completely wrong context.

> > >

> > > I'll paste the dictionary entry for you to read, dear Ohoni.

> > >

> > > **ULTIMATE**

> > >

> > > adjective

> > > 1.

> > > last; furthest or farthest; ending a process or series:

> > > the ultimate point in a journey; the ultimate style in hats.

> > > 2.

> > > maximum; decisive; conclusive:

> > > the ultimate authority; the ultimate weapon.

> > > 3.

> > > highest; not subsidiary:

> > > ultimate goal in life.

> > > 4.

> > > basic; fundamental; representing a limit beyond which further progress, as in investigation or analysis, is impossible:

> > > the ultimate particle; ultimate principles.

> > > 5.

> > > final; total:

> > > the ultimate consequences; the ultimate cost of a project.

> > > 6.

> > > not to be improved upon or surpassed; greatest; unsurpassed:

> > > the ultimate vacation spot; the ultimate stupidity.

> >

> > Yup, you can't do better than open world in GW2. The rest of the stuff's there just to appeal to niche audiences. Never confuse "more difficult" for "better." In fact, that should really go without saying.

>

> Oh, you can certainly do a lot better. You have a lot of room for improvement. All of it, actually. Since you can't really go *lower* in requirements than open world. Just because something accessible and popular doesn't make it best. Or you should be labelling McDonalds "the ultimate food".

>

> P.S. On a related note, if this is your definition of "ultimate", then the ultimate armor is the one you start with when creating new character. Everybody has that. All other skins are created to appeal to niche audiences.

> **the ultimate armor is the one you start with when creating new character. All other skins are created to appeal to niche audiences.**

That logic.

+1

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > @"nia.4725" said:

> > > @"Ohoni.6057" said:

> > > > @"nia.4725" said:

> > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > @"Ohoni.6057" said:

> > > > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Ohoni.6057" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > > > >There is the question, do they want legendary-tier armor to be accessible through open world only? Armor sets always felt like they were intended to be the ultimate rewards.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Then what better place to have them but the ultimate gameplay mode?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > ![](https://78.media.tumblr.com/f7da2cd081f701332d911797e92f17d8/tumblr_mlrrumMQj21rc407qo1_500.gif "")

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I was talking about open world, the ultimate game mode in GW2. The other stuff is just niche content.

> > > > >

> > > > > Want me to post the gif again? You just used the same word, and again in a completely wrong context.

> > > >

> > > > I'll paste the dictionary entry for you to read, dear Ohoni.

> > > >

> > > > **ULTIMATE**

> > > >

> > > > adjective

> > > > 1.

> > > > last; furthest or farthest; ending a process or series:

> > > > the ultimate point in a journey; the ultimate style in hats.

> > > > 2.

> > > > maximum; decisive; conclusive:

> > > > the ultimate authority; the ultimate weapon.

> > > > 3.

> > > > highest; not subsidiary:

> > > > ultimate goal in life.

> > > > 4.

> > > > basic; fundamental; representing a limit beyond which further progress, as in investigation or analysis, is impossible:

> > > > the ultimate particle; ultimate principles.

> > > > 5.

> > > > final; total:

> > > > the ultimate consequences; the ultimate cost of a project.

> > > > 6.

> > > > not to be improved upon or surpassed; greatest; unsurpassed:

> > > > the ultimate vacation spot; the ultimate stupidity.

> > >

> > > Yup, you can't do better than open world in GW2. The rest of the stuff's there just to appeal to niche audiences. Never confuse "more difficult" for "better." In fact, that should really go without saying.

> >

> > _You can't do better than open world in GW2_

> >

> > slow clap

> >

> >

> >

>

> Come on, don't ruin this. It's hilarious.

It is, but it's difficult not letting the sarcasm flow. It's too powerful.

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> P.S. On a related note, if this is your definition of "ultimate", then the ultimate armor is the one you start with when creating new character. Everybody has that. All other skins are created to appeal to niche audiences.

I don't think you can reasonably say that it's anyone's favorites, although the starter armors really are better than a lot of the other options for many classes. I don't think there is an "ultimate armor" in GW2, tastes are too far spread on that one. There are likely some easy frontrunners though. Barbarian maybe? Embroidered? Winged seems pretty popular.

> @"Ohoni.6057" said:

> > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > P.S. On a related note, if this is your definition of "ultimate", then the ultimate armor is the one you start with when creating new character. Everybody has that. All other skins are created to appeal to niche audiences.

>

> I don't think you can reasonably say that it's anyone's favorites, although the starter armors really are better than a lot of the other options for many classes. I don't think there is an "ultimate armor" in GW2, tastes are too far spread on that one. There are likely some easy frontrunners though. Barbarian maybe? Embroidered? Winged seems pretty popular.

If you can claim the open world is the "ultimate content" with a straight face, I can say pretty much anything and it will still be reasonable.

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > @"Ohoni.6057" said:

> > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > P.S. On a related note, if this is your definition of "ultimate", then the ultimate armor is the one you start with when creating new character. Everybody has that. All other skins are created to appeal to niche audiences.

> >

> > I don't think you can reasonably say that it's anyone's favorites, although the starter armors really are better than a lot of the other options for many classes. I don't think there is an "ultimate armor" in GW2, tastes are too far spread on that one. There are likely some easy frontrunners though. Barbarian maybe? Embroidered? Winged seems pretty popular.

>

> If you can claim the open world is the "ultimate content" with a straight face, I can say pretty much anything and it will still be reasonable.

Well, but you say a lot of *other* things that are wrong too, so that doesn't really surprise me, and really shouldn't surprise you. The fact is, the open world content is GW2's "killer app," they do other stuff too, and they do a lot of it pretty well, but without the strength of its open world content, this game would have long since died. What other content in the game could possibly be referred to as the *"ultimate* GW2 experience?"

> @"Ohoni.6057" said:

> > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > @"Ohoni.6057" said:

> > > > P.S. On a related note, if this is your definition of "ultimate", then the ultimate armor is the one you start with when creating new character. Everybody has that. All other skins are created to appeal to niche audiences.

> > >

> > > I don't think you can reasonably say that it's anyone's favorites, although the starter armors really are better than a lot of the other options for many classes. I don't think there is an "ultimate armor" in GW2, tastes are too far spread on that one. There are likely some easy frontrunners though. Barbarian maybe? Embroidered? Winged seems pretty popular.

> >

> > If you can claim the open world is the "ultimate content" with a straight face, I can say pretty much anything and it will still be reasonable.

>

> Well, but you say a lot of *other* things that are wrong too, so that doesn't really surprise me, and really shouldn't surprise you. The fact is, the open world content is GW2's "killer app," they do other stuff too, and they do a lot of it pretty well, but without the strength of its open world content, this game would have long since died. What other content in the game could possibly be referred to as the *"ultimate* GW2 experience?"

Ohoni, really, read a dictionary. It's starting to be embarrassing.

Open world is the place the game throws you into when you create a character. It's the basic game mode, default we could even say, and that is not a synonym for ultimate.

Ultimate is the highest. The furthest. The final. The greatest. So raids could be considered the ultimate PvE content, since they are the most challenging PvE content. OW isn't the greatest, the furthest, the final, the greatest at anything.

> @"Turin.6921" said:

> Why do you keep replying to ohoni and de-railing the thread. I am actually interested on this discussion. Please stick to it.

I think very few would disagree in Fractals getting a new armor set, I mean we already have entire sets of Fractal weapons so getting an armor shouldn't be out of the question. Now if it's legendary quality or not, is something different, it all depends on whether the different types of PVE content should be seen as separate entities, or all of them seen as part of the same PVE reward structure.

If Raids/Fractals/Open World are split and seen as completely different entities, then before Open World gets any kind of Legendary Armor, the other two need to get all the other exclusive bits that can only be found in the Open World, like Legendary Weapons which are exclusive in Open World and the vast majority of Armor sets that cannot be acquired by playing either Fractals or Raids and as far as PVE is concerned are almost Open World exclusive with tiny splices of Fractals and WVW. That's the vast majority of the game's content.

If I could use LI and Magnetite Shards to buy any legendary weapon precursor I want I'd be really happy!

> @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> > @"Turin.6921" said:

> > Why do you keep replying to ohoni and de-railing the thread. I am actually interested on this discussion. Please stick to it.

>

> I think very few would disagree in Fractals getting a new armor set, I mean we already have entire sets of Fractal weapons so getting an armor shouldn't be out of the question. Now if it's legendary quality or not, is something different, it all depends on whether the different types of PVE content should be seen as separate entities, or all of them seen as part of the same PVE reward structure.

>

> If Raids/Fractals/Open World are split and seen as completely different entities, then before Open World gets any kind of Legendary Armor, the other two need to get all the other exclusive bits that can only be found in the Open World, like Legendary Weapons which are exclusive in Open World and the vast majority of Armor sets that cannot be acquired by playing either Fractals or Raids and as far as PVE is concerned are almost Open World exclusive with tiny splices of Fractals and WVW. That's the vast majority of the game's content.

>

> If I could use LI and Magnetite Shards to buy any legendary weapon precursor I want I'd be really happy!

What do we know so far? We know that Anet introduced several fractal enhancements, which require a huge amount of agony infusions and relics. Also, we know Anet stated they will not make another legendary armor skin. The above should make someone think that it is unlikely that they will introduce a new legendary armor set, much less a fractal one or even a OW one.

I really hope they will improve the other existing legendary skins first, namely wvw and pvp (pvp is getting a rework if i remember correctly). Which, also, is unlikely to happen.

I'd like to have another PvE-legendary-armor consisting of fractal- and PoF-components as equivalent to raid-armor which consists of raid- and HoT-components. I'd focus on t4-fractals; I wouldn't include 99cm and 100cm though since people will (probably rightfully) complain about accessibility again. As for some time-gated materials: Just like HoT had Provisioner's Token, we could have a new sort of tokens gained by PoF-meta-events, especially the bigger ones like Deadhouse, Maw and especially Serpent's Ire to incentivize doing that event so people can't cry about that nobody isn't doing it. Design-wise, they could simply use the draft that was already posted here; or they just turn that into some kind of community-event where people can contribute their drafts. That would be the lazy way since it wouldn't cost them much effort.

Your thoughts?

> > @"Turin.6921" said:

> > Why do you keep replying to ohoni and de-railing the thread. I am actually interested on this discussion. Please stick to it.

>

> I think very few would disagree in Fractals getting a new armor set, I mean we already have entire sets of Fractal weapons so getting an armor shouldn't be out of the question. Now if it's legendary quality or not, is something different, it all depends on whether the different types of PVE content should be seen as separate entities, or all of them seen as part of the same PVE reward structure.

> If Raids/Fractals/Open World are split and seen as completely different entities, then before Open World gets any kind of Legendary Armor, the other two need to get all the other exclusive bits that can only be found in the Open World, like Legendary Weapons which are exclusive in Open World and the vast majority of Armor sets that cannot be acquired by playing either Fractals or Raids and as far as PVE is concerned are almost Open World exclusive with tiny splices of Fractals and WVW. That's the vast majority of the game's content.

>

None are really seen as separate entities. Even the envoy armor that is a raid reward involved a good deal of open world content. The fractal backpiece as well. A possible legendary fractal armor that would require both fractal and open world content would follow the same concept. Now on the matter of the existence an exclusively open world legendary armor; i do not see how it means that you consider the different PvE types separate and i do not see why this merits for other modes to have also legendaries that are gain exclusively by playing the specific content and nothing else (like an armor that you get just by playing raids). Weapons are exclusively open world PvE and there is not much issue with that i think. Unless i misunderstood what you meant.

The point for me is as stated before: Since legendary armor is seen as a prestige item how could it crafted to merit the prestige only with open world activities. A fractal armor would not have such an issue as it can be linked to the high skill fractals. I think an open world armor could work if linked to LS in a similar way that Aurora is.

> If I could use LI and Magnetite Shards to buy any legendary weapon precursor I want I'd be really happy!

I would definitely like more sinks for my shards and Li but i would not like to be used for precursors. I like the incentive to do more open world for them.

I am going to have to agree that Open World in GW2, is some of the best designed content in the game, and for the most part, some of the best Open Map content in any game I have played. It's stunning to look at, it's dynamic to move though, with a lot of activity around it. So that would make it the ultimate content, as really there is nothing that even comes close to the vastness that Open World offers.

And It is the best designed and most dynamic content in the game, passing though all skill levels, no other content even comes close. As @"Ohoni.6057" said, don't confuse difficult with better, and OW is the best laid out, and artistically beautiful content in the game. It offers the most in diversity of challenge from simple encounters that can be quickly soloed to very complex world bosses that require dozens of people and cooperation to complete, It also offers Jumping puzzles that can truly test someones's skills and abilities, to complex vast multi layered zones, all filled with many kinds of small scale events to do, as well was huge map spanning meta events.

**No other content comes even remotely close to offering the vast diversity that Open World does**, so, I am going to have to agree that it really is the ultimate in content in GW2.

In that vein, Legendary is just a Tier of Armor, like Ascended or Exotic, it is the skin that people talk about, as far as Skins go, they have always been content dependent, and that is the way it should be. but like Exotic, or Ascended, there should be other means and modes to get Legendary Armor, each with their own type of skin, while being unique does not nor should it require all the skins to be similar, as truth be told, that is what makes things fun, that the skins look different. I would hate for WvW to actually offer the Evony Skin, I would like for WvW to have it's own Unique Skin directed to that game mode and path.

What I think would be a great solution to the Open World Process, would be **Racial Legendary Armor**. So each race would have their own Legendary Skin, and I think this would make the crafting and creating of the skin much easier on Anet, as they would not need to test the skins across all models. The Charr Armor would be Exclusive to the Charr, so they would only need to make sure that it worked on the Charr Model, and then on down they go. They can start with Norn, then Charr, then Asura, then Sylvari and finally Human.

>

Nope.. You need to do Fractals to complete Legendary Weapons, as such weapons already require Instance based Content, which is what makes them **Legendary**, I personally think they should put back in requiring WvW map completion to get Legendary Anything.

Sure.. 200K mag shards sound reasonable, but like WvW you don't get a precursor, you get a Legendary Tier Weapon, that comes wrapped in a Ascended Skin.

If you want the pretty skin, you should need to do the content for it.

> @"Turin.6921" said:

> > @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> > > @"Turin.6921" said:

> > > Why do you keep replying to ohoni and de-railing the thread. I am actually interested on this discussion. Please stick to it.

> >

> > I think very few would disagree in Fractals getting a new armor set, I mean we already have entire sets of Fractal weapons so getting an armor shouldn't be out of the question. Now if it's legendary quality or not, is something different, it all depends on whether the different types of PVE content should be seen as separate entities, or all of them seen as part of the same PVE reward structure.

> > If Raids/Fractals/Open World are split and seen as completely different entities, then before Open World gets any kind of Legendary Armor, the other two need to get all the other exclusive bits that can only be found in the Open World, like Legendary Weapons which are exclusive in Open World and the vast majority of Armor sets that cannot be acquired by playing either Fractals or Raids and as far as PVE is concerned are almost Open World exclusive with tiny splices of Fractals and WVW. That's the vast majority of the game's content.

> >

>

> None are really seen as separate entities. Even the envoy armor that is a raid reward involved a good deal of open world content. The fractal backpiece as well. A possible legendary fractal armor that would require both fractal and open world content would follow the same concept. Now on the matter of the existence an exclusively open world legendary armor; i do not see how it means that you consider the different PvE types separate and i do not see why this merits for other modes to have also legendaries that are gain exclusively by playing the specific content and nothing else (like an armor that you get just by playing raids). Weapons are exclusively open world PvE and there is not much issue with that i think. Unless i misunderstood what you meant.

>

> The point for me is as stated before: Since legendary armor is seen as a prestige item how could it crafted to merit the prestige only with open world activities. A fractal armor would not have such an issue as it can be linked to the high skill fractals. I think an open world armor could work if linked to LS in a similar way that Aurora is.

>

> > If I could use LI and Magnetite Shards to buy any legendary weapon precursor I want I'd be really happy!

>

> I would definitely like more sinks for my shards and Li but i would not like to be used for precursors. I like the incentive to do more open world for them.

Also if they made possible to buy precursors with magnetites or LI the pre market would crash. Raiders would save magnetites to buy precursors and then sell them on the TP, their prices would drop significantly. Plus every precursor costing the same amount of magnetites would also have a big impact on the market, since current precursors price ranger from 80 gold to 700 gold.

But something like bags of T6 for magnetites would be very, very nice.

But yeah, lots of people here are arguing that we need a different path to get Envoy or easy mode raids or an open world legen, as if raids aren't part of PvE, that's what they meant by separate entities. Raid collections, as you stated, already require some open world events and items. I don't like open world PvE but I just accepted it because I know raids are PvE : / Even the precursor ring for the legen one, Coalescence, require quite a few annoying events and map exploration in PoF.

Edit: so I think fractals legen armor should have some open world PvE while requiring a big amount of fractal playing, from maybe T1-T3 for the precursor and T4 for the legen itself.

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> I am going to have to agree that Open World in GW2, is some of the best designed content in the game, and for the most part, some of the best Open Map content in any game I have played. It's stunning to look at, it's dynamic to move though, with a lot of activity around it. So that would make it the ultimate content, as really there is nothing that even comes close to the vastness that Open World offers.

>

> And It is the best designed and most dynamic content in the game, passing though all skill levels, no other content even comes close. As @"Ohoni.6057" said, don't confuse difficult with better, and OW is the best laid out, and artistically beautiful content in the game. It offers the most in diversity of challenge from simple encounters that can be quickly soloed to very complex world bosses that require dozens of people and cooperation to complete, It also offers Jumping puzzles that can truly test someones's skills and abilities, to complex vast multi layered zones, all filled with many kinds of small scale events to do, as well was huge map spanning meta events.

>

> **No other content comes even remotely close to offering the vast diversity that Open World does**, so, I am going to have to agree that it really is the ultimate in content in GW2.

>

> In that vein, Legendary is just a Tier of Armor, like Ascended or Exotic, it is the skin that people talk about, as far as Skins go, they have always been content dependent, and that is the way it should be. but like Exotic, or Ascended, there should be other means and modes to get Legendary Armor, each with their own type of skin, while being unique does not nor should it require all the skins to be similar, as truth be told, that is what makes things fun, that the skins look different. I would hate for WvW to actually offer the Evony Skin, I would like for WvW to have it's own Unique Skin directed to that game mode and path.

>

> What I think would be a great solution to the Open World Process, would be **Racial Legendary Armor**. So each race would have their own Legendary Skin, and I think this would make the crafting and creating of the skin much easier on Anet, as they would not need to test the skins across all models. The Charr Armor would be Exclusive to the Charr, so they would only need to make sure that it worked on the Charr Model, and then on down they go. They can start with Norn, then Charr, then Asura, then Sylvari and finally Human.

Consider things this way:

Ultimate content, being it PVP, WvW, Raids, FotM is like a carefully crafted 3 course meal. Open world is like the larder/pantry/fridge. Sure it has more diversity and more volume but I'd consider the crafted dish a superior meal over some loose carrots and raw mackerel.

Too lazy to read through but raid is pve. Not sure why you want to split this even further. Should there be a jumping puzzle legendary armor too then? I am not against having good looking skins for open world in general but there already is a pve legendary armor and you just have to do some pve content for it.

If you look at this on the opposite side, would you be ok if raiders get to trade their LI or shards for gift of exploration or general collection for legendary weapon/ambrite collection etc? Cause I have unused shards and I am way too lazy to do open world for the collection. Of course that idea would be terrible and anybody would be oppose to it. More armor skins for fractal or open world? Sure thing I am all for it. Legendary armor with skin? Nah, not unless you want to go down the path of trading raid currency to complete open world collections too which is extremely silly.

> @"MarshallLaw.9260" said:

> > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > I am going to have to agree that Open World in GW2, is some of the best designed content in the game, and for the most part, some of the best Open Map content in any game I have played. It's stunning to look at, it's dynamic to move though, with a lot of activity around it. So that would make it the ultimate content, as really there is nothing that even comes close to the vastness that Open World offers.

> >

> > And It is the best designed and most dynamic content in the game, passing though all skill levels, no other content even comes close. As @"Ohoni.6057" said, don't confuse difficult with better, and OW is the best laid out, and artistically beautiful content in the game. It offers the most in diversity of challenge from simple encounters that can be quickly soloed to very complex world bosses that require dozens of people and cooperation to complete, It also offers Jumping puzzles that can truly test someones's skills and abilities, to complex vast multi layered zones, all filled with many kinds of small scale events to do, as well was huge map spanning meta events.

> >

> > **No other content comes even remotely close to offering the vast diversity that Open World does**, so, I am going to have to agree that it really is the ultimate in content in GW2.

> >

> > In that vein, Legendary is just a Tier of Armor, like Ascended or Exotic, it is the skin that people talk about, as far as Skins go, they have always been content dependent, and that is the way it should be. but like Exotic, or Ascended, there should be other means and modes to get Legendary Armor, each with their own type of skin, while being unique does not nor should it require all the skins to be similar, as truth be told, that is what makes things fun, that the skins look different. I would hate for WvW to actually offer the Evony Skin, I would like for WvW to have it's own Unique Skin directed to that game mode and path.

> >

> > What I think would be a great solution to the Open World Process, would be **Racial Legendary Armor**. So each race would have their own Legendary Skin, and I think this would make the crafting and creating of the skin much easier on Anet, as they would not need to test the skins across all models. The Charr Armor would be Exclusive to the Charr, so they would only need to make sure that it worked on the Charr Model, and then on down they go. They can start with Norn, then Charr, then Asura, then Sylvari and finally Human.

>

> Consider things this way:

> Ultimate content, being it PVP, WvW, Raids, FotM is like a carefully crafted 3 course meal. Open world is like the larder/pantry/fridge. Sure it has more diversity and more volume but I'd consider the crafted dish a superior meal over some loose carrots and raw mackerel.

But I don't look at that way. In fact that is pitiful,

if we are going to use a food analogy, Raids and Fractals are single minded content, you go in to do a single task, there is nothing finely crafted about it, it is like a single course meal, that never changes, never goes anywhere, and there are no choices, you end up needing to eat the same thing, each time, in order,.. that sounds bland and boring if you ask me. PvP is not much different, it's a small instance map with the only variable being the skill of the other players, so it's like getting the same meal, cooked by various chefs, some days it's wonderful, other days it comes out crunchy hard and bitter.

WvW, is an Open World Battleground, so, it's like an Open World PvE map, with the added thrill and challenge of PvP. So WvW is more like a buffet, but again, a lot of chefs involved, so the baby back ribs it might be fall off the bone tender, or might me tough as shoe leather. That is the nature of PvP tho.

Where Open world, is a buffet, you can do so much, and the world is open to you to do it. You do not need to do anything, but everything is open to you. In that front it is the ultimate content, like going to a huge buffet restaurant, you may not like what you put on your plate, but the good news is, you don't need to eat it, just go get a different plate of food. It really does not get any better.

> @"nia.4725" said:

> Also if they made possible to buy precursors with magnetites or LI the pre market would crash. Raiders would save magnetites to buy precursors and then sell them on the TP, their prices would drop significantly. Plus every precursor costing the same amount of magnetites would also have a big impact on the market, since current precursors price ranger from 80 gold to 700 gold.

>

They should not sell the Precursors, they should sell Legendary Tier Weapons that have an Ascended Skin, if it's good enough for sPvP and WvW, it's good enough for Raids.

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> Nope.. You need to do Fractals to complete Legendary Weapons, as such weapons already require Instance based Content, which is what makes them **Legendary**, I personally think they should put back in requiring WvW map completion to get Legendary Anything.

>

A tiny bit of Fractals, not even high levels, just solo T1 and a bit of WvW to get one gift of Battle which you can get really fast, is all you need to craft a Legendary Weapon outside the Open World. There is also the dungeon tokens but you can get those faster from WVW/PVP semi-afking than from running actual dungeons. Is requiring a tiny bit of instanced content (the easiest part of it) and a tiny bit of WVW/PVP (again the easiest parts) what makes them **Legendary**?

If making a legendary weapon required at least playing T4 Fractals (not CMs), doing at least a reasonable fraction of what is required for either of the WvW or PvP backpacks (or both) then yes, they'd be "legendary" in terms of requiring enough of each type of content in order to craft. Now they are 99.9999% Open World PVE and an afterthought of anything else.

If a Legendary Weapon was supposed to show how experienced someone is with every type of content in the game, it failed miserably, because in reality it's not showing anything.

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > @"MarshallLaw.9260" said:

> > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > I am going to have to agree that Open World in GW2, is some of the best designed content in the game, and for the most part, some of the best Open Map content in any game I have played. It's stunning to look at, it's dynamic to move though, with a lot of activity around it. So that would make it the ultimate content, as really there is nothing that even comes close to the vastness that Open World offers.

> > >

> > > And It is the best designed and most dynamic content in the game, passing though all skill levels, no other content even comes close. As @"Ohoni.6057" said, don't confuse difficult with better, and OW is the best laid out, and artistically beautiful content in the game. It offers the most in diversity of challenge from simple encounters that can be quickly soloed to very complex world bosses that require dozens of people and cooperation to complete, It also offers Jumping puzzles that can truly test someones's skills and abilities, to complex vast multi layered zones, all filled with many kinds of small scale events to do, as well was huge map spanning meta events.

> > >

> > > **No other content comes even remotely close to offering the vast diversity that Open World does**, so, I am going to have to agree that it really is the ultimate in content in GW2.

> > >

> > > In that vein, Legendary is just a Tier of Armor, like Ascended or Exotic, it is the skin that people talk about, as far as Skins go, they have always been content dependent, and that is the way it should be. but like Exotic, or Ascended, there should be other means and modes to get Legendary Armor, each with their own type of skin, while being unique does not nor should it require all the skins to be similar, as truth be told, that is what makes things fun, that the skins look different. I would hate for WvW to actually offer the Evony Skin, I would like for WvW to have it's own Unique Skin directed to that game mode and path.

> > >

> > > What I think would be a great solution to the Open World Process, would be **Racial Legendary Armor**. So each race would have their own Legendary Skin, and I think this would make the crafting and creating of the skin much easier on Anet, as they would not need to test the skins across all models. The Charr Armor would be Exclusive to the Charr, so they would only need to make sure that it worked on the Charr Model, and then on down they go. They can start with Norn, then Charr, then Asura, then Sylvari and finally Human.

> >

> > Consider things this way:

> > Ultimate content, being it PVP, WvW, Raids, FotM is like a carefully crafted 3 course meal. Open world is like the larder/pantry/fridge. Sure it has more diversity and more volume but I'd consider the crafted dish a superior meal over some loose carrots and raw mackerel.

>

> But I don't look at that way. In fact that is pitiful,

>

> if we are going to use a food analogy, Raids and Fractals are single minded content, you go in to do a single task, there is nothing finely crafted about it, it is like a single course meal, that never changes, never goes anywhere, and there are no choices, you end up needing to eat the same thing, each time, in order,.. that sounds bland and boring if you ask me. PvP is not much different, it's a small instance map with the only variable being the skill of the other players, so it's like getting the same meal, cooked by various chefs, some days it's wonderful, other days it comes out crunchy hard and bitter.

>

> WvW, is an Open World Battleground, so, it's like an Open World PvE map, with the added thrill and challenge of PvP. So WvW is more like a buffet, but again, a lot of chefs involved, so the baby back ribs it might be fall off the bone tender, or might me tough as shoe leather. That is the nature of PvP tho.

>

> Where Open world, is a buffet, you can do so much, and the world is open to you to do it. You do not need to do anything, but everything is open to you. In that front it is the ultimate content, like going to a huge buffet restaurant, you may not like what you put on your plate, but the good news is, you don't need to eat it, just go get a different plate of food. It really does not get any better.

Nonono.

Raids are never the same and whoever says that either doesn't play raids or is a single profession player.

We could say that raids are the same base dish, I don't know, chicken. You know you're going to eat chicken. But you can decide if you eat chicken with potatoes and mayonnaise (chrono tank), chicken with rice (chrono dps), chicken with pasta (condi druid), chicken sandwich with salad (harrier druid), breaded chicken (air weaver)...

And we could say that Vale Guardian is chicken, but Gorseval isn't chicken -it's pasta. And Sabetha is beef. In the end you have a great variety of possible combinations -finite, yes, but they aren't as boring as they seem.

And yet we could say the same about fractals.

> @"Turin.6921" said:

> > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > @"Turin.6921" said:

> > > Good luck convincing the devs to make new legendary armor. It must have been an ordeal that barely made it last time. But a fractal themed armor (without complex animations) with legendary properties that needs both fractal and open world stuff would be awesome.

> >

> > Its really awkward though... I mean they spent almost 2 years coming up with concepts and systems to implement that, and when they finally nailed the method of how to make it work, they stopped... I mean it wouldn't be like the had to repeat the whole process again, they did it once shouldn't be too hard to repeat it now that they know how they first succeeded.

> > It's really odd that decision, but then again, that's also nothing new with Arena Net, logic sometimes goes out the window...

>

> Well development does not work that way unfortunately. Especially for sth that has both design and coding involved on a game that large. Just becuase the did it the one time does not necessarily mean that the second one could be easier. And then there are other things to consider. Bugs like the one that crashed an entire map when using the armor for example suggests that it is more complex that it sounds. Only the ppl that know the source code actually know how complex it would be to repeat.

>

> TBH from what i understand the only reason they went through it in the first place was that it was promised.

>

That's exactly how everything works though, even development... They developed all the tech required for one Legendary Armor, doing a second one is just a matter of replicating and adapting the same basic code concepts.

I mean it's not like they're doing a totally different thing, it's the same thing, the difference would be what textures and models are being animated for it.

Unless they have a really bad code for it, and i mean "YOU DID WHAT?" level of bad, they **should** be able to create a new model and textures and animations, and have a whole new armor set running on the exact same code just by changing a few parameters.

> > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > Nope.. You need to do Fractals to complete Legendary Weapons, as such weapons already require Instance based Content, which is what makes them **Legendary**, I personally think they should put back in requiring WvW map completion to get Legendary Anything.

> >

>

> A tiny bit of Fractals, not even high levels, just solo T1 and a bit of WvW to get one gift of Battle which you can get really fast, is all you need to craft a Legendary Weapon outside the Open World. There is also the dungeon tokens but you can get those faster from WVW/PVP semi-afking than from running actual dungeons. Is requiring a tiny bit of instanced content (the easiest part of it) and a tiny bit of WVW/PVP (again the easiest parts) what makes them **Legendary**?

>

> If making a legendary weapon required at least playing T4 Fractals (not CMs), doing at least a reasonable fraction of what is required for either of the WvW or PvP backpacks (or both) then yes, they'd be "legendary" in terms of requiring enough of each type of content in order to craft. Now they are 99.9999% Open World PVE and an afterthought of anything else.

What a trite and typical move to downplay the Fractal and WvW requirement, which is quite substantial.

But like it or not, Legendary Weapons require various kinds of content, and pass though several modes of play, which makes them actually Legendary, unlike the raid armor.

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > Nope.. You need to do Fractals to complete Legendary Weapons, as such weapons already require Instance based Content, which is what makes them **Legendary**, I personally think they should put back in requiring WvW map completion to get Legendary Anything.

> > >

> >

> > A tiny bit of Fractals, not even high levels, just solo T1 and a bit of WvW to get one gift of Battle which you can get really fast, is all you need to craft a Legendary Weapon outside the Open World. There is also the dungeon tokens but you can get those faster from WVW/PVP semi-afking than from running actual dungeons. Is requiring a tiny bit of instanced content (the easiest part of it) and a tiny bit of WVW/PVP (again the easiest parts) what makes them **Legendary**?

> >

> > If making a legendary weapon required at least playing T4 Fractals (not CMs), doing at least a reasonable fraction of what is required for either of the WvW or PvP backpacks (or both) then yes, they'd be "legendary" in terms of requiring enough of each type of content in order to craft. Now they are 99.9999% Open World PVE and an afterthought of anything else.

>

> What a trite and typical move to downplay the Fractal and WvW requirement, which is quite substantial.

>

> But like it or not, Legendary Weapons require various kinds of content, and pass though several modes of play, which makes them actually Legendary, unlike the raid armor.

Raid armor also needs open world activities.