• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"yakuza snowdragon.4639" said:

> > @"Turin.6921" said:

> > > @"yakuza snowdragon.4639" said:

> > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > @"yakuza snowdragon.4639" said:

> > > > > > @"artemis.6781" said:

> > > > > > Why are you spending laurels on trinkets? Get your ascended trinkets from LS3 with map currency.

> > > > >

> > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > I can't believe someone can complain about a currency where the only requirement to get is log in .... ><

> > > > >

> > > > > > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > > > > Laurels are very much a lower choice way to get ascended. Ive done it myself and it provides an essentially free source to gear up on, but there are quicker and more efficient ways to do so. Ls3 is one, fractals is one and i believe guild commendations is a very good one too if memory serves me.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > In short, the laurels route is a supplementary and bonus way of getting them, with zero work involved. For that reason, the costs are fine. Ascended acquistion is varied enough to not have to rely in a single source. If you do, then it will take time as expected.

> > > > >

> > > > > My point is nothing to do with not getting laurel's gasy enough to buy trinkets. It's the fact it is such a low income source regardless what your use or need is

> > > >

> > > > Yeah you're right ... they should give you hundreds of free laurels everytime you log in ... let's just hand everyone everything they want immediately for doing nothing. ><

> > > >

> > > > Listen, complaining about getting a free for nothing currency too slowly is ... very exceptional. Don't be that guy.

> > >

> > > Complaints nothing do with free currency, it's the items restricted to the currency you have no control over attaining which I think is wrong. The fact you don't get the choice to work for it and simply get a ration for logging in for a second each day seems reasonable to you? Millenials lol

> >

> > I am not sure why you think that the only way to get ascended gear is laurels and drops but this is not the case. If you want to gear a character you either craft, use the LS currency, guild commendations, complete collections, buy it with raid currency or fractal currency. All of these methods are specific and require just farming. There are no drops and no lottery involved. In any case you can choose the gear stats. There is nothing that the laurels have in terms of gear that you cannot farm to gain 10x faster with any other non-rng based method. And of course that way you also save all the laurels you might need to buy any recipes you might want.

>

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > @"yakuza snowdragon.4639" said:

> > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > @"yakuza snowdragon.4639" said:

> > > > > > @"artemis.6781" said:

> > > > > > Why are you spending laurels on trinkets? Get your ascended trinkets from LS3 with map currency.

> > > > >

> > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > I can't believe someone can complain about a currency where the only requirement to get is log in .... ><

> > > > >

> > > > > > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > > > > Laurels are very much a lower choice way to get ascended. Ive done it myself and it provides an essentially free source to gear up on, but there are quicker and more efficient ways to do so. Ls3 is one, fractals is one and i believe guild commendations is a very good one too if memory serves me.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > In short, the laurels route is a supplementary and bonus way of getting them, with zero work involved. For that reason, the costs are fine. Ascended acquistion is varied enough to not have to rely in a single source. If you do, then it will take time as expected.

> > > > >

> > > > > My point is nothing to do with not getting laurel's gasy enough to buy trinkets. It's the fact it is such a low income source regardless what your use or need is

> > > >

> > > > Yeah you're right ... they should give you hundreds of free laurels everytime you log in ... let's just hand everyone everything they want immediately for doing nothing. ><

> > > >

> > > > Listen, complaining about getting a free for nothing currency too slowly is ... very exceptional. Don't be that guy.

> > >

> > > Complaints nothing do with free currency, it's the items restricted to the currency you have no control over attaining which I think is wrong. The fact you don't get the choice to work for it and simply get a ration for logging in for a second each day seems reasonable to you? Millenials lol

> >

> > I don't think it's unreasonable ... besides, that's not even true you don't control attaining it ... you control getting that currency by logging in ... it's the EASIEST currency to obtain in the game. Complaining items are restricted behind the easiest currency to obtain in the game ... I can't even begin to describe the level of unreasonable you have to be to do that.

>

> Thanks for the feedback both of you, lastly could you please just let me know where the vendor selling Ascended armor and weapon recipes are that does not require Laurel's. Appreciate your time.

You're point makes no sense; just because there is only one vendor to buy recipes with laurels doesn't make laurels and insanely limited acquisition. Besides, the problem here isn't how many you get ... it's the patience you lack to get laurels to buy these recipes. You make it sound like obtaining the laurels and purchasing the recipes is some long, drawn out affair ... it's a few weeks >< That's a VERY reasonable timeframe to obtain an item like that.

The real litmus test is this:

1. How many laurels do I get (you get 55 for 28 days of logging in)

2. How much does it cost to get the item I want. (It's 5 laurels for a single recipe)

In your case, it's a few days ... complaining you can't get a recipe you want because you have to wait a few days to earn the laurels ... it's almost like you never played an MMO before. Let me reset your expectations.

I mean, if you think that's too hard or depressing for you ... you should check out the other methods to get ascended gear ... that might change your perspective on how 'unfair' it is to get a recipe. In the time this thread has been discussed, you should have enough to get 2 recipes already.

Sounds like your not putting your currencies to good use. Depending on your build (most) stats you can get in the fractal vendors. And cost zero laurels. Few stats you can’t get there. Like hronks, vipers, minstrels. So if you need those stats, don’t go there. However trinkets please use the lvs3 maps. It’s much easier to do.

Second. U should only use laurels in ascended recipes. You get 1 set of armor for 30 laurels and craft it. Which takes about a month anyways to craft armor. And 55 is enough to get all armor and weapons to craft. However you do not (have) to craft them.

Raiding is another option and uses zero laurels. You use magnetites, And gold which is a plus compared to laurels.

I think your spending habits need to be more controlled and thought out.

> @"artemis.6781" said:

> Why are you spending laurels on trinkets? Get your ascended trinkets from LS3 with map currency.

But that just evidences the disconnect between the game and whoever decided on PoF Ascended costs. They're just exaggerated as hell within the game's context.

> @"artemis.6781" said:

> Why are you spending laurels on trinkets?

Because they have cool icons? Because the OP doesn't have the expansion necessary to access the content?

It doesn't matter, because the OP's statement about the difficulty of acquiring laurels is a legit complaint.

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > @"artemis.6781" said:

> > Why are you spending laurels on trinkets?

>

> Because they have cool icons? Because the OP doesn't have the expansion necessary to access the content?

>

> It doesn't matter, because the OP's statement about the difficulty of acquiring laurels is a legit complaint.

But there's no difficulty involved in logging in and clicking the daily chest. It's a time-gated reward that has literally zero effort to obtain.

> @"Etterwyn.5263" said:

> > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > @"artemis.6781" said:

> > > Why are you spending laurels on trinkets?

> >

> > Because they have cool icons? Because the OP doesn't have the expansion necessary to access the content?

> >

> > It doesn't matter, because the OP's statement about the difficulty of acquiring laurels is a legit complaint.

>

> But there's no difficulty involved in logging in and clicking the daily chest. It's a time-gated reward that has literally zero effort to obtain.

Precisely ... it's not difficult, it just takes patience. The OP makes it sound like it takes some unreasonable amount of time ... except it doesn't. The irony ... if we had to actually work for laurels, it would probably take much longer to get them.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"Etterwyn.5263" said:

> > > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > > @"artemis.6781" said:

> > > > Why are you spending laurels on trinkets?

> > >

> > > Because they have cool icons? Because the OP doesn't have the expansion necessary to access the content?

> > >

> > > It doesn't matter, because the OP's statement about the difficulty of acquiring laurels is a legit complaint.

> >

> > But there's no difficulty involved in logging in and clicking the daily chest. It's a time-gated reward that has literally zero effort to obtain.

>

> Precisely ... it's not difficult, it just takes patience.

The OP certainly meant "difficult" as in "there is only one method".

> @"yakuza snowdragon.4639" said:

> Laurels are such an important currency in GW2 and ridiculous to acquire. Numerous vendor items purchasable and many not cheaply also. 35 laurel's from logins spanning over 1 month and the expense of using your monthly chest for 20 laurel's as opposed to legendary shards/mats to total 55. Are they intended to be saved for 3 to 4 months at a time logging in daily to purchase one item costing 100 laurel's? Ascended recipes costing 5 laurel's each armor or weapon piece? Ascended Rings, Amulets and Accessories coating 30, 35 and 40 laurel's each. 180 laurels total cost for 5 trinkets, 30 laurel's for Armor recipe's, 10 to 20 laurels for weapon's. Ascended gear cost is around 6-7 months saving without using monthly chest for laurel's instead of other uses. Endless mystery cat tonic? There's 3 months. So basically better part of a year to purchase ascended gear/recipes and a random item or two for ONE character on your account when many of most players have multiple classes/alts like myself. I have 10 level 80's but only play my main because it's my only toon I have focused on end game gear out. I'm well aware of ascended gear drops etc but my point is the speed at which you attain such a valuable currency in game and the fact you can not really farm/grind even small amounts any other way. (Achievements chests arnt worth mentioning)

> Please does anyone else share my view on how broken this is? I've been playing since prelaunch and GW1 prior but spending 10 years to End Game Gear out my alts is surely insane. I would play my alts as intended when created but I like to max gear up my characters and just end up straight back on my main every day.

>

> Please Anet bust out the common sense on this one. 30-40 laurels for 1 item for 1 character per month isn't right. Thanks all. Roast away.....

A well constructed post, I can see where you're coming from but unfortunately cannot agree that I completely share this view.

Laurels are a type of currency but as far as I can see they are a "secondary" or "alternative" currency and that's why you acquire so few.

Ascended rings from Laurel merchants can be found/bought in Fractals; accessories are available from the guild hall. The amulets are available from other sources and depending which one you require, you may have to research where to get them. Personally I'm finding that I get accessories drop from time to time so they go to my alts if they are suitable. Amulets you have to actively go out and get but you can have those from other currencies or from LS achievements or even main story. As for rings, if you do fractals, you'll be swimming in core stat rings (HoT/PoF stat rings are a little trickier).

Other items sold there are hardly essential; cat- tonic? not having that hardly puts you at a disadvantage in any content.

Laurels are a non-essential currency - that's why it's fine to have so few freely given to us and the system was never designed to allow you to have _everything_ - it's a great way to make people pick and decide what is more important to them.

Correct me but are ascended trinkets aswell as ascended (and legendary) gear not end-game content?

So basically you don't want to play end-game content to aquire them and also don't want to use them for end-game content? Then just stay at exotic I mean you don't have a reason to get ascended gear at all.

What if you could aquire every end-game item just by doing nothing and only loggin in? The game rewards you if you play it and for an MMORPG you have to grind atleast a bit that's common sense. I feel like ascended gear especially trinkets are way too easy to farm. With 8 characters you can aquire around 400 winterberries in just under 2 hours which gives you enough for 2 rings or 1 back. I don't get the point of you complaining about laurels. I would feel pranked if a game would let you get all end-game things without doing anything where I as someone who plays it had eventually the same gear.

Edit: So I played nearly 2 month of daily Fractals now and ended up at nearly 2 full ascended sets. Besides I did gather in LS3 a few DAYS. And I could craft a 3rd at will because of the gold I earned...

I can never get enough laurels, but that doesn't bother me. Everyone seems to want the game to give them everything, right now. So, they all want to be fully geared in the best stuff the day they buy the game. This leaves nothing to aspire to. Nothing to DO. If they gave us all this stuff as easily as people want it, nobody would play the game and they'd all whine about how there's no goals to pursue.

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > @"Etterwyn.5263" said:

> > > > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > > > @"artemis.6781" said:

> > > > > Why are you spending laurels on trinkets?

> > > >

> > > > Because they have cool icons? Because the OP doesn't have the expansion necessary to access the content?

> > > >

> > > > It doesn't matter, because the OP's statement about the difficulty of acquiring laurels is a legit complaint.

> > >

> > > But there's no difficulty involved in logging in and clicking the daily chest. It's a time-gated reward that has literally zero effort to obtain.

> >

> > Precisely ... it's not difficult, it just takes patience.

>

> The OP certainly meant "difficult" as in "there is only one method".

Then he doesn't understand the meaning of 'difficult'. I don't actually think that's his meaning, since his complaint is that regardless of how easy it is, there is only one way to get a fixed number of laurels. His main beef is that he can't earn more by doing something. I don't see a problem with that because it's not unreasonable how it's currently implemented.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > The OP certainly meant "difficult" as in "there is only one method".

> Then he doesn't understand the meaning of 'difficult'. [...]

Obviously. But perhaps he/she isn't a native to the English language and therefore makes mistakes (as you can see in the title that says "accusation" instead of "acquisition").

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > The OP certainly meant "difficult" as in "there is only one method".

> > Then he doesn't understand the meaning of 'difficult'. [...]

>

> Obviously. But perhaps he/she isn't a native to the English language and therefore makes mistakes (as you can see in the title that says "accusation" instead of "acquisition").

I think we can conclude that's not the case if you read his posts.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> I think we can conclude that's not the case if you read his posts.

Why? Because there were no other mistakes and grammar was flawless? I'm not a native speaker, either, but do believe that my grammar is (mostly) flawless. Yet, back when I was still a bit shaky handling the language, I used to make silly mistakes like that myself (for instance, say "Don't bother!" instead of "Don't worry!" ;) ).

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > I think we can conclude that's not the case if you read his posts.

>

> Why? Because there were no other mistakes and grammar was flawless? I'm not a native speaker, either, but do believe that my grammar is (mostly) flawless. Yet, back when I was still a bit shaky handling the language, I used to make silly mistakes like that myself (for instance, say "Don't bother!" instead of "Don't worry!" ;) ).

So the OP makes a mistake in his title, so we assume he's not a native English speaker and he doesn't know what the meanings of words are? OK whatever ... doesn't change what I said. He was pretty clear about why he was unhappy about the laurel situation. I'm not going to argue pointless things with you.