Have you ever reoll to an other race?

Greetings,

i'm interessted if anyone of you have done a reroll in case of the race you play. It maybe sounds some kind of stupid but after taking my norn warrior back from the shelf into action he is pretty much anoying me. Warrior itself is a blast to play but the whole things he is saying and his voiceacting drives me away from playing him, even if i change the in game language. As i started him i thought this whole viking norn warrior thing fits well ( and in the fashion wars way it really does), but as longer i play as more it turns out he feels more like an want to be drunk the most time and not so smart guy. On the other hand i've done a lot of things with him. Coretyria at 90% complete and the whole HoT+PoF story including the maps.

So have you ever get the feeling your race choice isn't fitting in one or more ways anymore? And have you rerolled or stay with your toon? And if you rerolled do you think it was an good choice?

Guild Wars is all about having fun. If you're not having fun as the race/profession combo you chose, there's no point in sticking with it to the bitter end because you'll only be investing more time into a character you don't even enjoy playing. Why a specific combo feels right for you may be based on a lot of things – aesthetics, voice, animations, story, abilities... Feel free to reroll and play around. Sometimes 'lore consistent' (such as a Norn warrior) can be a blast, other times it can be more enjoyable to do something a bit more unsuitable/offbeat.

>I re-rolled my Norn Warrior to a Charr Warrior. For me it was a great choice. I like the Charrior’s animations much better.

Thats the same thing i'm thinking about. Spend a long time in the PvP Lobby playing around with different races to see all the casting animations and some of the voice lines. Charr seems like made for an GS wielding warrior. GS 5 and 3 looks awesome at them.

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> You dont "reroll" in GW2. You get another character slot and make a new character, cause old character still hold value for gathering and anything done per character.

Depends – one or two storage/gathering characters, maybe, but unless you spend loads on gems you're going to run out of character slots really quickly. Also, you may wish to use the same name but on a different race.

Oh yes.

Rerolled my Norn Warrior to Human Warrior.

I really dislike Norn though, out of all the characters I have only one is Norn and that's just to have all Races. Don't like how 'not-elegant' And clumsy they look.

Although the real reason why I rerolled the Warrior was because I seriously couldn't get over the way of how he carried Greatsword with walking toggled.

> @"SunTzu.4513" said:

> >I re-rolled my Norn Warrior to a Charr Warrior. For me it was a great choice. I like the Charrior’s animations much better.

>

> Thats the same thing i'm thinking about. Spend a long time in the PvP Lobby playing around with different races to see all the casting animations and some of the voice lines. Charr seems like made for an GS wielding warrior. GS 5 and 3 looks awesome at them.

I wouldn’t delete the old char. Birthday gifts and titles are a consideration and unused chars can be used for storage and parked somewhere such as a farm or by a chest for a daily harvest.

But give the Charrior a try. The Norn animations never clicked with me. The attack animations always felt off, like it wasn’t making contact with the mob in a melee fight. The Charrior was an immediate improvement in how much I liked the warrior.

At 1st when i joined female norn was the only race/gender i could play, mostly for the combat animation/idles. But now after a year i wanted my chars to be more feminine and animation speed to be faster, cuz bigger models= slower perceived animation speed. So i deleted all my existing 5 chars and remade them all into human females.

Only ever done it once. Created an Asura Engineer for the sole purpose of getting the Asura personal story AP. Got rid of it immediately after and never made an Asura since. Their arrogance and superiority complex, coupled with a feigned, politically correct neutrality towards other races, makes them extremely unappealing to me as a race. Barring less than a handful of individuals, Asura are about as unsavory and misguided as it gets. Plus, I really don't like the way they jump around like bouncing balls. Details of gear get lost because they are so fricking small, which is ironic considering the sometimes ridiculously huge weapons ANet designs. Inquest make great punching bags, though.

> @"HyperLooser.2698" said:

> At 1st when i joined female norn was the only race/gender i could play, mostly for the combat animation/idles. But now after a year i wanted my chars to be more feminine and animation speed to be faster, cuz bigger models= slower perceived animation speed. So i deleted all my existing 5 chars and remade them all into human females.

If you care about the birthday titles (and access to expensive dyes) that come with birthdays you might want to buy a char slot and ask support to give you your oldest char back. Otherwise you’re starting at day one again.

I have done this at least twice, I deleted a level 80 Norn Druid and rerolled a Sylvari who is now a Druid.

I like Norns, but they are kinda Lummoxes, the voice gets to me after while, the sounds of them touching down after gliding and gathering from nodes is annoying. While thematically the Norn worked well as a Druid - I decided my Necro Norn was enough for that race and rebooted as a tree elf.

I changed a couple of my characters around back in January.

I'd made a male norn revenant and male asuran revenant back when I first decided I wanted 9 characters - one of each profession. I gave the norn a raven theme and really wanted him to use Nevermore, but I don't like the staff skills on a revenant and I don't think they work well with Nevermore's effects. So when I decided I wanted a second elementalist and engineer I had a bit of a re-shuffle. I made a female charr revenant (a character idea I'd originally had during the HoT betas but never made permanent), made the norn a necromancer, made the asuran a second engineer and made a new male human elementalist (because that's the one race/gender I was missing).

The two I deleted were a couple of years old, but no where near my oldest characters and I don't mind having to wait longer for extra copies of the later birthday gifts. IMO it was well worth it to end up with a full set of characters I'm happy about instead of useless (to me) duplicates or less than ideal combinations.

> @""SunTzu.4513"

The race you choose doesn't affect the overall gameplay experience. This isn't World of Warcraft where if you play a certain race you get something boring like 5% increased Intelligence or something stupid like that. The races in Guild Wars 2 don't have this. They have no racial attributes aside from a few racial skills that are just useless, but the best part about the races is that they are all allies, meaning you can be best friends with the asuras. I certainly like being friends with them.

The animations can make or break a char. I made a couple of male humans and deleted them because how they ran felt off. They kind of shuffle along, or something. I made one, had a name and look picked out for him and deleted him at level 11 because the running animations were a constant irritant. My male sylvari Ranger has running animations that look off to me also, though I still play him some.

> @"Hoodie.1045" said:

> > @""SunTzu.4513"

>

> The race you choose doesn't affect the overall gameplay experience. This isn't World of Warcraft where if you play a certain race you get something boring like 5% increased Intelligence or something stupid like that. The races in Guild Wars 2 don't have this. They have no racial attributes aside from a few racial skills that are just useless, but the best part about the races is that they are all allies, meaning you can be best friends with the asuras. I certainly like being friends with them.

Yeah, but allies aren't the same as friends. A common goal doesn't necessarily create a personal connection. Asura maintain neutrality towards other races for the benefit of their intercity gate network. Deep down, they consider themselves superior and other races merely tools (Charr, Norn, Humans) or interesting experiments (Skritt, Sylvari, etc.). I might ally with such a race, but I would never trust them. And without trust there is no friendship. Kudos to them, though, because their ruse seems to be working. ;)

I never reroll. I am with my main character (Human Elementalist) since the August 25th 2012 Pre-Purchase headstart weekend. We had so many adventures together that I cannot imagine ever parting with him.

And as Ascalonian descendant, he would die before becoming a Charr, finds the huge Norn a bit scary for his taste (still likes them). The Asura generally are out to just risk the lives of any human 'subjects' and while he is fascinated by the beautiful Sylvari, he is just most confortable with his Human body.

He once drank a tonic that turned him into a Skritt for some time. That was quite enough already.

> @"SunTzu.4513" said:

> Greetings,

>

> i'm interessted if anyone of you have done a reroll in case of the race you play. It maybe sounds some kind of stupid but after taking my norn warrior back from the shelf into action he is pretty much anoying me. Warrior itself is a blast to play but the whole things he is saying and his voiceacting drives me away from playing him, even if i change the in game language. As i started him i thought this whole viking norn warrior thing fits well ( and in the fashion wars way it really does), but as longer i play as more it turns out he feels more like an want to be drunk the most time and not so smart guy. On the other hand i've done a lot of things with him. Coretyria at 90% complete and the whole HoT+PoF story including the maps.

> So have you ever get the feeling your race choice isn't fitting in one or more ways anymore? And have you rerolled or stay with your toon? And if you rerolled do you think it was an good choice?

>

i have and i did it on a lv80 that had one elite spec finished.... i even did it on my first chara after 3 years, (been here since beta)

> @"SunTzu.4513" said:

> Greetings,

>

> i'm interessted if anyone of you have done a reroll in case of the race you play. It maybe sounds some kind of stupid but after taking my norn warrior back from the shelf into action he is pretty much anoying me. Warrior itself is a blast to play but the whole things he is saying and his voiceacting drives me away from playing him, even if i change the in game language. As i started him i thought this whole viking norn warrior thing fits well ( and in the fashion wars way it really does), but as longer i play as more it turns out he feels more like an want to be drunk the most time and not so smart guy. On the other hand i've done a lot of things with him. Coretyria at 90% complete and the whole HoT+PoF story including the maps.

> So have you ever get the feeling your race choice isn't fitting in one or more ways anymore? And have you rerolled or stay with your toon? And if you rerolled do you think it was an good choice?

>

I’ve actually rereolled twice on the same toon. My first choice was also a norn, and nearly quit the game because of it. Then I tried a human and liked it. Stuck with it for awhile too by about 2 years. I had made other toons too, but made them as Charr and absolutely fell in love with the race. I then had rerolled that human again to a Charr, despite it being a 2 year old toon. No regrets.

You have to really get into the toon to enjoy playing it or you’ll find yourself shelving it.