Revert Meteor shower nerf in wvw at least...

Vova.2640

> @"Ubi.4136" said:

> It's definitely a huge buff that needs to be reverted in wvw. First, it shouldn't be able to hit nearly all of the stairs in a tower (and every inch of every wall). But, Anet doesn't give a kitten and wants blobs to be able to mow down towers fast. But, it kills 100% health superior arrow carts in 2 hits...this is definitely not ok.

> They need to make it reflectable. If they can nearly instakill EVERYTHING on a wall in 1 cast, than a mesmer hitting them with feedback mid cast should put the damage back on them.

*cough* scourge shade all over walls being applied every 2-3 secs *cough*

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > @"Ubi.4136" said:

> > It's definitely a huge buff that needs to be reverted in wvw. First, it shouldn't be able to hit nearly all of the stairs in a tower (and every inch of every wall). But, Anet doesn't give a kitten and wants blobs to be able to mow down towers fast. But, it kills 100% health superior arrow carts in 2 hits...this is definitely not ok.

> > They need to make it reflectable. If they can nearly instakill EVERYTHING on a wall in 1 cast, than a mesmer hitting them with feedback mid cast should put the damage back on them.

>

> *cough* scourge shade all over walls being applied every 2-3 secs *cough*

Don't forget to add that there running more tanky gear than Weavers

> @"Mini Crinny.6190" said:

> > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > @"Ubi.4136" said:

> > > It's definitely a huge buff that needs to be reverted in wvw. First, it shouldn't be able to hit nearly all of the stairs in a tower (and every inch of every wall). But, Anet doesn't give a kitten and wants blobs to be able to mow down towers fast. But, it kills 100% health superior arrow carts in 2 hits...this is definitely not ok.

> > > They need to make it reflectable. If they can nearly instakill EVERYTHING on a wall in 1 cast, than a mesmer hitting them with feedback mid cast should put the damage back on them.

> >

> > *cough* scourge shade all over walls being applied every 2-3 secs *cough*

>

> Don't forget to add that there running more tanky gear than Weavers

Nah, even a full zerk scourge (highly unusual, as zerk scourges have a mix of cavalier stats) is easily more tanky than marauder weaver. High hp, barriers, you name it

> @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > @"Mini Crinny.6190" said:

> > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > @"Ubi.4136" said:

> > > > It's definitely a huge buff that needs to be reverted in wvw. First, it shouldn't be able to hit nearly all of the stairs in a tower (and every inch of every wall). But, Anet doesn't give a kitten and wants blobs to be able to mow down towers fast. But, it kills 100% health superior arrow carts in 2 hits...this is definitely not ok.

> > > > They need to make it reflectable. If they can nearly instakill EVERYTHING on a wall in 1 cast, than a mesmer hitting them with feedback mid cast should put the damage back on them.

> > >

> > > *cough* scourge shade all over walls being applied every 2-3 secs *cough*

> >

> > Don't forget to add that there running more tanky gear than Weavers

>

> Nah, even a full zerk scourge (highly unusual, as zerk scourges have a mix of cavalier stats) is easily more tanky than marauder weaver. High hp, barriers, you name it

guess so, but i imagine most scourges you run into are running full cele

> > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > @"Mini Crinny.6190" said:

> > > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > > @"Ubi.4136" said:

> > > > > It's definitely a huge buff that needs to be reverted in wvw. First, it shouldn't be able to hit nearly all of the stairs in a tower (and every inch of every wall). But, Anet doesn't give a kitten and wants blobs to be able to mow down towers fast. But, it kills 100% health superior arrow carts in 2 hits...this is definitely not ok.

> > > > > They need to make it reflectable. If they can nearly instakill EVERYTHING on a wall in 1 cast, than a mesmer hitting them with feedback mid cast should put the damage back on them.

> > > >

> > > > *cough* scourge shade all over walls being applied every 2-3 secs *cough*

> > >

> > > Don't forget to add that there running more tanky gear than Weavers

> >

> > Nah, even a full zerk scourge (highly unusual, as zerk scourges have a mix of cavalier stats) is easily more tanky than marauder weaver. High hp, barriers, you name it

>

> guess so, but i imagine most scourges you run into are running full cele

Fun times. Ye, Fun times.

> @"Ubi.4136" said:

> It's definitely a huge buff that needs to be reverted in wvw. First, it shouldn't be able to hit nearly all of the stairs in a tower (and every inch of every wall). But, Anet doesn't give a kitten and wants blobs to be able to mow down towers fast. But, it kills 100% health superior arrow carts in 2 hits...this is definitely not ok.

> They need to make it reflectable. If they can nearly instakill EVERYTHING on a wall in 1 cast, than a mesmer hitting them with feedback mid cast should put the damage back on them.

It's actually only scraping the surface of why Weaver is a subpar damage class when compared to scourge. The meteor has a long cast time and falls slowly which is weird given how large a meteor is, I was expecting to fall faster. Most of the time ppl can just walk away from it and not get hit at all. Hitting with weaver's damage skill is even situational. And when Weaver does generate downs, they are often in random clumps which his ally zerg cannot capitalise on. So there is often the situation that the Weaver is generating downs but his zerg is still losing.

> @"Roxanne.6140" said:

> > @"Dralor.3701" said:

> > Not sure how someone could say staff ele is pure damage and has no utility...?

>

> they are talking about the weaver. Weaver's utilities are locked behind 2 cooldowns away from that of the staff ele

Got it, that makes more sense.

Does the damage reduction after every hit not apply after you're downed? Cause the 4th hit on me did more damage than the 3rd time from the same caster.

Not that I'm complaining about the damage, I think it's fine as it is, I'm just having a lot of trouble seeing meteors these days with everything else going on but I really don't want to turn off the aoe graphics reduction, the fireballs just don't seem to be dropping often to notice, and same goes for stuff like rapid fire which I don't notice unless my health is almost tanked out just hear some weird twack type sound for it. Take a lot of "invisible" hits in zergs these days.

![](https://i.imgur.com/BeI9s1C.jpg "")

> @"XenesisII.1540" said:

> Does the damage reduction after every hit not apply after you're downed? Cause the 4th hit on me did more damage than the 3rd time from the same caster.

>

> Not that I'm complaining about the damage, I think it's fine as it is, I'm just having a lot of trouble seeing meteors these days with everything else going on but I really don't want to turn off the aoe graphics reduction, the fireballs just don't seem to be dropping often to notice, and same goes for stuff like rapid fire which I don't notice unless my health is almost tanked out just hear some weird twack type sound for it. Take a lot of "invisible" hits in zergs these days.

>

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/BeI9s1C.jpg "")

>

>

>

>

You.got hit by a completely different meteor from another player rather than that same player

> > @"XenesisII.1540" said:

> > Does the damage reduction after every hit not apply after you're downed? Cause the 4th hit on me did more damage than the 3rd time from the same caster.

> >

> > Not that I'm complaining about the damage, I think it's fine as it is, I'm just having a lot of trouble seeing meteors these days with everything else going on but I really don't want to turn off the aoe graphics reduction, the fireballs just don't seem to be dropping often to notice, and same goes for stuff like rapid fire which I don't notice unless my health is almost tanked out just hear some weird twack type sound for it. Take a lot of "invisible" hits in zergs these days.

> >

> > ![](https://i.imgur.com/BeI9s1C.jpg "")

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

> You.got hit by a completely different meteor from another player rather than that same player

That where things are going to become very confusing for both players getting hit and the ele casting. Your never going to know if it was the demising returns on the skill or is it a boons or is it a build. In a way this simply is hiding what is going on from the players this is why i call this a superficial buff.

> > Does the damage reduction after every hit not apply after you're downed? Cause the 4th hit on me did more damage than the 3rd time from the same caster.

> >

> > Not that I'm complaining about the damage, I think it's fine as it is, I'm just having a lot of trouble seeing meteors these days with everything else going on but I really don't want to turn off the aoe graphics reduction, the fireballs just don't seem to be dropping often to notice, and same goes for stuff like rapid fire which I don't notice unless my health is almost tanked out just hear some weird twack type sound for it. Take a lot of "invisible" hits in zergs these days.

> >

> > ![](https://i.imgur.com/BeI9s1C.jpg "")

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

> You.got hit by a completely different meteor from another player rather than that same player

The Gold Recruit hit for 12283, 10222, 9315, **9776**.

The Platinum Invader hit for 3539.

The Platinum Champion hit for 10856 in the end.

I'm asking about the Gold recruit as the last hit was an increase over the 3rd hit, unless two Gold Recruit weavers managed to hit me during that time, which means I got hit with 4 different meteors in that period, I was instantly downed trying to evade through aoes. XD

There could be more than 1 gold recruit if you were fighting a zerg.

Yes pls, highlight meteors with extra stylish snazzy flashing lights then come back and complain again that there are too many meteors, same thing with scourge aoes. Highlight then complain. It's a 2-step process to get to your destination but it worked so far.

To remove an annoyance:

1) Highlight the skill

2)Complain about the highlight, then insinuate that it is the skill and not the highlight

3)Remove

4) Process completed.

> > > @"XenesisII.1540" said:

> > > Does the damage reduction after every hit not apply after you're downed? Cause the 4th hit on me did more damage than the 3rd time from the same caster.

> > >

> > > Not that I'm complaining about the damage, I think it's fine as it is, I'm just having a lot of trouble seeing meteors these days with everything else going on but I really don't want to turn off the aoe graphics reduction, the fireballs just don't seem to be dropping often to notice, and same goes for stuff like rapid fire which I don't notice unless my health is almost tanked out just hear some weird twack type sound for it. Take a lot of "invisible" hits in zergs these days.

> > >

> > > ![](https://i.imgur.com/BeI9s1C.jpg "")

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > You.got hit by a completely different meteor from another player rather than that same player

>

> The Gold Recruit hit for 12283, 10222, 9315, **9776**.

> The Platinum Invader hit for 3539.

> The Platinum Champion hit for 10856 in the end.

> I'm asking about the Gold recruit as the last hit was an increase over the 3rd hit, unless two Gold Recruit weavers managed to hit me during that time, which means I got hit with 4 different meteors in that period, I was instantly downed trying to evade through aoes. XD

>

Also keep in mind damage modifiers. You have no idea how much might that gold recruit had do you? Or how much voulnerability was on you, whether he had +ferocity boosts from another class, whether you had defense boosts from another class, etc and so on. Damage is gonna vary by quite a bit regardless of the 10% reduction each hit.

> > > Does the damage reduction after every hit not apply after you're downed? Cause the 4th hit on me did more damage than the 3rd time from the same caster.

> > >

> > > Not that I'm complaining about the damage, I think it's fine as it is, I'm just having a lot of trouble seeing meteors these days with everything else going on but I really don't want to turn off the aoe graphics reduction, the fireballs just don't seem to be dropping often to notice, and same goes for stuff like rapid fire which I don't notice unless my health is almost tanked out just hear some weird twack type sound for it. Take a lot of "invisible" hits in zergs these days.

> > >

> > > ![](https://i.imgur.com/BeI9s1C.jpg "")

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > You.got hit by a completely different meteor from another player rather than that same player

>

> The Gold Recruit hit for 12283, 10222, 9315, **9776**.

> The Platinum Invader hit for 3539.

> The Platinum Champion hit for 10856 in the end.

> I'm asking about the Gold recruit as the last hit was an increase over the 3rd hit, unless two Gold Recruit weavers managed to hit me during that time, which means I got hit with 4 different meteors in that period, I was instantly downed trying to evade through aoes. XD

>

So you ate 40,000 damage from one player with one skill that, according to some was nerfed.

Yep. Keep calling the change a nerf people. The first hit would have been around 9800 dmg, maybe for all 4. So... under 40,000 before for the 4 hits, and likely 41,000 after for the 4 hits.

(And yes, this isn't taking buffs and condis (weakness) into consideration).

I hope they nerf my sword auto attack like this.

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > @"Mini Crinny.6190" said:

> > > > @"XenesisII.1540" said:

> > > > Does the damage reduction after every hit not apply after you're downed? Cause the 4th hit on me did more damage than the 3rd time from the same caster.

> > > >

> > > > Not that I'm complaining about the damage, I think it's fine as it is, I'm just having a lot of trouble seeing meteors these days with everything else going on but I really don't want to turn off the aoe graphics reduction, the fireballs just don't seem to be dropping often to notice, and same goes for stuff like rapid fire which I don't notice unless my health is almost tanked out just hear some weird twack type sound for it. Take a lot of "invisible" hits in zergs these days.

> > > >

> > > > ![](https://i.imgur.com/BeI9s1C.jpg "")

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > You.got hit by a completely different meteor from another player rather than that same player

> >

> > The Gold Recruit hit for 12283, 10222, 9315, **9776**.

> > The Platinum Invader hit for 3539.

> > The Platinum Champion hit for 10856 in the end.

> > I'm asking about the Gold recruit as the last hit was an increase over the 3rd hit, unless two Gold Recruit weavers managed to hit me during that time, which means I got hit with 4 different meteors in that period, I was instantly downed trying to evade through aoes. XD

> >

>

> So you ate 40,000 damage from one player with one skill that, according to some was nerfed.

>

> Yep. Keep calling the change a nerf people. The first hit would have been around 9800 dmg, maybe for all 4. So... under 40,000 before for the 4 hits, and likely 41,000 after for the 4 hits.

>

> (And yes, this isn't taking buffs and condis (weakness) into consideration).

>

> I hope they nerf my sword auto attack like this.

That the thing its still lower the skill was already harder to land then most in the game and had a much higher risk then any other skill in the game why make it weaker? Maybe if they drooped its cast time removed the root or even speed up the rock fall but they did nothing but add in a % dmg + to the first 2 hits.

Your comply forgetting the wvw skill split they just gut from one pact ago and how they keep making very complex balance changes to there hard to balance skills making them even harder to balances and to see what is wrong with the skill in the first places.

It realty seems anet is going out of there way to keep dmg ele viable in wvw vs dmg scourge and are trying to hid the fact by blinding ppl with rng big numbers and over all harder to read dmg from eles big skills.

I'm going to postulate a theory that OP has gotten hit with the first major change of their primary profession in their wvw career.

Regardless of whether it's a good or a bad change in your eyes or the other comments here, it's different right?

Hard news, it won't be the last change. I've personally switched profession's at least 5 times because something "they" changed didn't feel right. Suddenly, I wasn't hitting as hard, dying more often etc etc etc.

A year ago I was roaming on a staff ele, then they changed how my food worked and it broke my whole build. It doesn't have to be a skill change and no they aren't out to get you, even though it sometimes feels that way.

Roll another profession if the change feels weird and keep the ele on the back burner then check in on it every so often.

> @"Jski.6180" said:

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > @"Mini Crinny.6190" said:

> > > > > @"XenesisII.1540" said:

> > > > > Does the damage reduction after every hit not apply after you're downed? Cause the 4th hit on me did more damage than the 3rd time from the same caster.

> > > > >

> > > > > Not that I'm complaining about the damage, I think it's fine as it is, I'm just having a lot of trouble seeing meteors these days with everything else going on but I really don't want to turn off the aoe graphics reduction, the fireballs just don't seem to be dropping often to notice, and same goes for stuff like rapid fire which I don't notice unless my health is almost tanked out just hear some weird twack type sound for it. Take a lot of "invisible" hits in zergs these days.

> > > > >

> > > > > ![](https://i.imgur.com/BeI9s1C.jpg "")

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > You.got hit by a completely different meteor from another player rather than that same player

> > >

> > > The Gold Recruit hit for 12283, 10222, 9315, **9776**.

> > > The Platinum Invader hit for 3539.

> > > The Platinum Champion hit for 10856 in the end.

> > > I'm asking about the Gold recruit as the last hit was an increase over the 3rd hit, unless two Gold Recruit weavers managed to hit me during that time, which means I got hit with 4 different meteors in that period, I was instantly downed trying to evade through aoes. XD

> > >

> >

> > So you ate 40,000 damage from one player with one skill that, according to some was nerfed.

> >

> > Yep. Keep calling the change a nerf people. The first hit would have been around 9800 dmg, maybe for all 4. So... under 40,000 before for the 4 hits, and likely 41,000 after for the 4 hits.

> >

> > (And yes, this isn't taking buffs and condis (weakness) into consideration).

> >

> > I hope they nerf my sword auto attack like this.

>

> That the thing its still lower the skill was already harder to land then most in the game and had a much higher risk then any other skill in the game why make it weaker? Maybe if they drooped its cast time removed the root or even speed up the rock fall but they did nothing but add in a % dmg + to the first 2 hits.

>

> Your comply forgetting the wvw skill split they just gut from one pact ago and how they keep making very complex balance changes to there hard to balance skills making them even harder to balances and to see what is wrong with the skill in the first places.

>

> It realty seems anet is going out of there way to keep dmg ele viable in wvw vs dmg scourge and are trying to hid the fact by blinding ppl with rng big numbers and over all harder to read dmg from eles big skills.

Meteor Shower hasn't changed in WvW, it's still hard to hit, but your going to hit harder so it's good :) If they made it so Eles can cast MS while moving then MS will get nerfed.. Ele was viable in WvW before patch and still is after.. This is a buff not a nerf in terms of WvW since it's per target

> Does the damage reduction after every hit not apply after you're downed? Cause the 4th hit on me did more damage than the 3rd time from the same caster.

>

> Not that I'm complaining about the damage, I think it's fine as it is, I'm just having a lot of trouble seeing meteors these days with everything else going on but I really don't want to turn off the aoe graphics reduction, the fireballs just don't seem to be dropping often to notice, and same goes for stuff like rapid fire which I don't notice unless my health is almost tanked out just hear some weird twack type sound for it. Take a lot of "invisible" hits in zergs these days.

>

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/BeI9s1C.jpg "")

In addition to what others have already said, this could even be caused by a low damage roll followed by a high one. WvW has too many variables to really know for sure.

> @"Jski.6180" said:

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > @"Mini Crinny.6190" said:

> > > > > @"XenesisII.1540" said:

> > > > > Does the damage reduction after every hit not apply after you're downed? Cause the 4th hit on me did more damage than the 3rd time from the same caster.

> > > > >

> > > > > Not that I'm complaining about the damage, I think it's fine as it is, I'm just having a lot of trouble seeing meteors these days with everything else going on but I really don't want to turn off the aoe graphics reduction, the fireballs just don't seem to be dropping often to notice, and same goes for stuff like rapid fire which I don't notice unless my health is almost tanked out just hear some weird twack type sound for it. Take a lot of "invisible" hits in zergs these days.

> > > > >

> > > > > ![](https://i.imgur.com/BeI9s1C.jpg "")

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > You.got hit by a completely different meteor from another player rather than that same player

> > >

> > > The Gold Recruit hit for 12283, 10222, 9315, **9776**.

> > > The Platinum Invader hit for 3539.

> > > The Platinum Champion hit for 10856 in the end.

> > > I'm asking about the Gold recruit as the last hit was an increase over the 3rd hit, unless two Gold Recruit weavers managed to hit me during that time, which means I got hit with 4 different meteors in that period, I was instantly downed trying to evade through aoes. XD

> > >

> >

> > So you ate 40,000 damage from one player with one skill that, according to some was nerfed.

> >

> > Yep. Keep calling the change a nerf people. The first hit would have been around 9800 dmg, maybe for all 4. So... under 40,000 before for the 4 hits, and likely 41,000 after for the 4 hits.

> >

> > (And yes, this isn't taking buffs and condis (weakness) into consideration).

> >

> > I hope they nerf my sword auto attack like this.

>

> That the thing its still lower the skill was already harder to land then most in the game and had a much higher risk then any other skill in the game why make it weaker? Maybe if they drooped its cast time removed the root or even speed up the rock fall but they did nothing but add in a % dmg + to the first 2 hits.

>

> Your comply forgetting the wvw skill split they just gut from one pact ago and how they keep making very complex balance changes to there hard to balance skills making them even harder to balances and to see what is wrong with the skill in the first places.

>

> It realty seems anet is going out of there way to keep dmg ele viable in wvw vs dmg scourge and are trying to hid the fact by blinding ppl with rng big numbers and over all harder to read dmg from eles big skills.

Not trying to be an kitten here, but how is 41000 less than 40000? I mean truly. I cannot see any practical way that this is an actual nerf in WvW unless you are dripping it on two or three people only. If You are, there are SOOOOO many other skills to use before this one.

If it's on more than 3, it's a clear buff by any standard.