Revert Meteor shower nerf in wvw at least...

Vova.2640

> @"Mikeskies.1536" said:

> > @"Kovu.7560" said:

> > If you get hit with the same meteor shower more than once you _deserve_ to be nibiru'd.

> >

> > ~ Kovu

>

> If you get hit with the same meteor shower more than once you are dead.

Exactly. Well, with the exception of crazy levels of toughness. Then it might take three. And on the third meteor it's still 3% OVER what it was.

If you can't kill the downed with a MS, then I think, last time I checked, my staff Ele has a pretty good fire staff 2 skill on a, what, 5 second cool down?

I might even drop my roaming weaver for a while and surf Zergs a little more with this.

It's a straight up buff for WvW.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are we sure that it doing more dmg the dmg i am getting seems like the same as older dmg but with the added effect of dropping per hit. Or is there a dmg cap that you could be running into? It real feels like the dmg is not there at least +23% like in the patch notes.

> @"Jski.6180" said:

> > @"Evolute.6239" said:

> > Meteor is nuts atm in WvW, you can just get RNG'd by two instant hitting meteors that do 10k/9k.

>

> Yet to land a 10k crit are you sure this is not buged in some way?

Run mostly full zerk with some marauder, use force sigil/scholar runes with bloodlust and make sure you have 25 might + % from the weaver GM trait and watch your numbers be 10k+

> @"Vermillion.4061" said:

> > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > > @"Evolute.6239" said:

> > > Meteor is nuts atm in WvW, you can just get RNG'd by two instant hitting meteors that do 10k/9k.

> >

> > Yet to land a 10k crit are you sure this is not buged in some way?

>

> Run mostly full zerk with some marauder, use force sigil/scholar runes with bloodlust and make sure you have 25 might + % from the weaver GM trait and watch your numbers be 10k+

If it takes that much even with the +23% its never going to be worth it.

I was trying it on the golmes in spvp the -10% did not seem to trigger all the time there and in the pve raid it was but the numbers where still on he low end.

> @"Jski.6180" said:

> > @"Vermillion.4061" said:

> > > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > > > @"Evolute.6239" said:

> > > > Meteor is nuts atm in WvW, you can just get RNG'd by two instant hitting meteors that do 10k/9k.

> > >

> > > Yet to land a 10k crit are you sure this is not buged in some way?

> >

> > Run mostly full zerk with some marauder, use force sigil/scholar runes with bloodlust and make sure you have 25 might + % from the weaver GM trait and watch your numbers be 10k+

>

> If it takes that much even with the +23% its never going to be worth it.

> I was trying it on the golmes in spvp the -10% did not seem to trigger all the time there and in the pve raid it was but the numbers where still on he low end.

That's not even much to ask a weaver to run lol

> @"Jski.6180" said:

> > @"Vermillion.4061" said:

> > > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > > > @"Evolute.6239" said:

> > > > Meteor is nuts atm in WvW, you can just get RNG'd by two instant hitting meteors that do 10k/9k.

> > >

> > > Yet to land a 10k crit are you sure this is not buged in some way?

> >

> > Run mostly full zerk with some marauder, use force sigil/scholar runes with bloodlust and make sure you have 25 might + % from the weaver GM trait and watch your numbers be 10k+

>

> If it takes that much even with the +23% its never going to be worth it.

> I was trying it on the golmes in spvp the -10% did not seem to trigger all the time there and in the pve raid it was but the numbers where still on he low end.

Those stats are things that are super common. Most zergs should be floating 25 might if they have a guardian and a rev in their party.

It really does not take much set up. And comparing spvp numbers with an amulet to wvw numbers with optimized gear and infusion doesnt really work lol

> @"Evolute.6239" said:

> > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > > @"Vermillion.4061" said:

> > > > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > > > > @"Evolute.6239" said:

> > > > > Meteor is nuts atm in WvW, you can just get RNG'd by two instant hitting meteors that do 10k/9k.

> > > >

> > > > Yet to land a 10k crit are you sure this is not buged in some way?

> > >

> > > Run mostly full zerk with some marauder, use force sigil/scholar runes with bloodlust and make sure you have 25 might + % from the weaver GM trait and watch your numbers be 10k+

> >

> > If it takes that much even with the +23% its never going to be worth it.

> > I was trying it on the golmes in spvp the -10% did not seem to trigger all the time there and in the pve raid it was but the numbers where still on he low end.

>

> Those stats are things that are super common. Most zergs should be floating 25 might if they have a guardian and a rev in their party.

> It really does not take much set up. And comparing spvp numbers with an amulet to wvw numbers with optimized gear and infusion doesnt really work lol

Well that the thing most ppl want to put scorge in groups like that weaver realty fallen out of use in wvw due to what other classes have been endlessly buffed to do. Even if its just a +23% buff on the the few hits its still nothing compared to what a scorge is pulling off. Its the pve buffing and nerfing that is still contorting the ele class even after there was a hard split from skills.

This is not a true buff its a superficial buff.

> @"Jski.6180" said:

> > @"Evolute.6239" said:

> > > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > > > @"Vermillion.4061" said:

> > > > > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > > > > > @"Evolute.6239" said:

> > > > > > Meteor is nuts atm in WvW, you can just get RNG'd by two instant hitting meteors that do 10k/9k.

> > > > >

> > > > > Yet to land a 10k crit are you sure this is not buged in some way?

> > > >

> > > > Run mostly full zerk with some marauder, use force sigil/scholar runes with bloodlust and make sure you have 25 might + % from the weaver GM trait and watch your numbers be 10k+

> > >

> > > If it takes that much even with the +23% its never going to be worth it.

> > > I was trying it on the golmes in spvp the -10% did not seem to trigger all the time there and in the pve raid it was but the numbers where still on he low end.

> >

> > Those stats are things that are super common. Most zergs should be floating 25 might if they have a guardian and a rev in their party.

> > It really does not take much set up. And comparing spvp numbers with an amulet to wvw numbers with optimized gear and infusion doesnt really work lol

>

> Well that the thing most ppl want to put scorge in groups like that weaver realty fallen out of use in wvw due to what other classes have been endlessly buffed to do. Even if its just a +23% buff on the the few hits its still nothing compared to what a scorge is pulling off. Its the pve buffing and nerfing that is still contorting the ele class even after there was a hard split from skills.

>

> This is not a true buff its a superficial buff.

Weaver played by a really good player can outdps any other class by twofold.

> @"XenesisII.1540" said:

> Does the damage reduction after every hit not apply after you're downed? Cause the 4th hit on me did more damage than the 3rd time from the same caster.

>

> Not that I'm complaining about the damage, I think it's fine as it is, I'm just having a lot of trouble seeing meteors these days with everything else going on but I really don't want to turn off the aoe graphics reduction, the fireballs just don't seem to be dropping often to notice, and same goes for stuff like rapid fire which I don't notice unless my health is almost tanked out just hear some weird twack type sound for it. Take a lot of "invisible" hits in zergs these days.

>

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/BeI9s1C.jpg "")

>

>

>

>

in wvw / pvp the Change was a big bugg (finally +20% dmg) cause usually you move out of the AOE area. so before Change you got hits from maybe 2 Meteor fireballs, and after the patch it is still the same, but you now get 20% more dmg. i wish my main class would get those "nerfs" xD.

It's changes like this which are what make me say ANet only balances for PvE.

Because that's literally the only context where it was a reduction. Otherwise, it's a straight buff with less counterplay.

It's a literal buff in the PvP modes and in WvW was already setting the precedent for AoE circles of death. If not scourge, weaver + FB.

> @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> > @"X T D.6458" said:

> > They overdid it, and really need to nerf the damage.

>

> Why? right now wvw is 10-15% more enjoyable because zergs are using a bit more eles , the game doesn't turn into this :

>

>

> I mean...do those 4-5 eles more hurt you that much?

Sadly it dose not seem like enofe the scroge spam still the meta and eles cant brake the scorge accumulated barriers.

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > @"Mikeskies.1536" said:

> > > @"Kovu.7560" said:

> > > If you get hit with the same meteor shower more than once you _deserve_ to be nibiru'd.

> > >

> > > ~ Kovu

> >

> > If you get hit with the same meteor shower more than once you are dead.

>

> Exactly. Well, with the exception of crazy levels of toughness. Then it might take three. And on the third meteor it's still 3% OVER what it was.

>

> If you can't kill the downed with a MS, then I think, last time I checked, my staff Ele has a pretty good fire staff 2 skill on a, what, 5 second cool down?

>

> I might even drop my roaming weaver for a while and surf Zergs a little more with this.

>

> It's a straight up buff for WvW.

Wait. I don't think it went down from 123% to 113% to 103%. More like 100% to 90% to 80% (from the new 100%).

First strike would be

123% = 100%,

then 110.7% = 90%,

then 98.4%= 80%

for the third strike. So the third meteor hit should be weaker than pre change. Correct me if I'm wrong.

> @"Vermillion.4061" said:

> > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > > @"Evolute.6239" said:

> > > Meteor is nuts atm in WvW, you can just get RNG'd by two instant hitting meteors that do 10k/9k.

> >

> > Yet to land a 10k crit are you sure this is not buged in some way?

>

> Run mostly full zerk with some marauder, use force sigil/scholar runes with bloodlust and make sure you have 25 might + % from the weaver GM trait and watch your numbers be 10k+

Arround 8k MS hits on my bunker guard with a critical, since if i recall well toughness dont reduces damage, and since in this game crit damage start from 100% and not 0...

Metor shower + venon share + scourges with venon share, ahahah...

> @"Roxanne.6140" said:

> > @"Ubi.4136" said:

> > It's definitely a huge buff that needs to be reverted in wvw. First, it shouldn't be able to hit nearly all of the stairs in a tower (and every inch of every wall). But, Anet doesn't give a kitten and wants blobs to be able to mow down towers fast. But, it kills 100% health superior arrow carts in 2 hits...this is definitely not ok.

> > They need to make it reflectable. If they can nearly instakill EVERYTHING on a wall in 1 cast, than a mesmer hitting them with feedback mid cast should put the damage back on them.

>

> It's actually only scraping the surface of why Weaver is a subpar damage class when compared to scourge. The meteor has a long cast time and falls slowly which is weird given how large a meteor is, I was expecting to fall faster. Most of the time ppl can just walk away from it and not get hit at all. Hitting with weaver's damage skill is even situational. And when Weaver does generate downs, they are often in random clumps which his ally zerg cannot capitalise on. So there is often the situation that the Weaver is generating downs but his zerg is still losing.

But they don't have to finish the cast to get damage, and now the first 2 hits are enough to destroy a full health superior AC or balista. The aoe is large enough that it takes 2 full dodges to get out and you can get hit, dodge, get hit and already be dead (usually cause all the scourges shitting on the wall). It's not the only problem, but they should revert the change to meteor and then nerf it's radius, cause it should NOT be able to hit the back of the stairs, that makes the wall useless. (they also need to fix scourge and rev abilities that ignore LOS and can hit/kill people on siege inside, but that is for another thread).

> @"Ubi.4136" said:

> > @"Roxanne.6140" said:

> > > @"Ubi.4136" said:

> > > It's definitely a huge buff that needs to be reverted in wvw. First, it shouldn't be able to hit nearly all of the stairs in a tower (and every inch of every wall). But, Anet doesn't give a kitten and wants blobs to be able to mow down towers fast. But, it kills 100% health superior arrow carts in 2 hits...this is definitely not ok.

> > > They need to make it reflectable. If they can nearly instakill EVERYTHING on a wall in 1 cast, than a mesmer hitting them with feedback mid cast should put the damage back on them.

> >

> > It's actually only scraping the surface of why Weaver is a subpar damage class when compared to scourge. The meteor has a long cast time and falls slowly which is weird given how large a meteor is, I was expecting to fall faster. Most of the time ppl can just walk away from it and not get hit at all. Hitting with weaver's damage skill is even situational. And when Weaver does generate downs, they are often in random clumps which his ally zerg cannot capitalise on. So there is often the situation that the Weaver is generating downs but his zerg is still losing.

>

> But they don't have to finish the cast to get damage, and now the first 2 hits are enough to destroy a full health superior AC or balista. The aoe is large enough that it takes 2 full dodges to get out and you can get hit, dodge, get hit and already be dead (usually cause all the scourges kitten on the wall). It's not the only problem, but they should revert the change to meteor and then nerf it's radius, cause it should NOT be able to hit the back of the stairs, that makes the wall useless. (they also need to fix scourge and rev abilities that ignore LOS and can hit/kill people on siege inside, but that is for another thread).

Or you just block most of the dmg and heal every bit that your taking or have barrier simply stop all the dmg. MS is a pure dmg skill with out any real effects to deal with so many hard counters to it (more of a flaw of the class then the skill).

> @"Jski.6180" said:

> > @"Ubi.4136" said:

> > > @"Roxanne.6140" said:

> > > > @"Ubi.4136" said:

> > > > It's definitely a huge buff that needs to be reverted in wvw. First, it shouldn't be able to hit nearly all of the stairs in a tower (and every inch of every wall). But, Anet doesn't give a kitten and wants blobs to be able to mow down towers fast. But, it kills 100% health superior arrow carts in 2 hits...this is definitely not ok.

> > > > They need to make it reflectable. If they can nearly instakill EVERYTHING on a wall in 1 cast, than a mesmer hitting them with feedback mid cast should put the damage back on them.

> > >

> > > It's actually only scraping the surface of why Weaver is a subpar damage class when compared to scourge. The meteor has a long cast time and falls slowly which is weird given how large a meteor is, I was expecting to fall faster. Most of the time ppl can just walk away from it and not get hit at all. Hitting with weaver's damage skill is even situational. And when Weaver does generate downs, they are often in random clumps which his ally zerg cannot capitalise on. So there is often the situation that the Weaver is generating downs but his zerg is still losing.

> >

> > But they don't have to finish the cast to get damage, and now the first 2 hits are enough to destroy a full health superior AC or balista. The aoe is large enough that it takes 2 full dodges to get out and you can get hit, dodge, get hit and already be dead (usually cause all the scourges kitten on the wall). It's not the only problem, but they should revert the change to meteor and then nerf it's radius, cause it should NOT be able to hit the back of the stairs, that makes the wall useless. (they also need to fix scourge and rev abilities that ignore LOS and can hit/kill people on siege inside, but that is for another thread).

>

> Or you just block most of the dmg and heal every bit that your taking or have barrier simply stop all the dmg. MS is a pure dmg skill with out any real effects to deal with so many hard counters to it (more of a flaw of the class then the skill).

Cause "every" class has endless blocks and barriers. Oh wait, they don't. Defending a tower, usually outnumbered (cause blob servers are allowed to stay in lower tiers than they should be in). Trying to take out shield gens or "anything". The red circle is up and you have been hit once before you can even get off the siege piece. You attempt to dodge away and are already downed (combination of the radius of the aoe, the tons of scourge wall spam and the lag that accompanies large blobs). Even in a full zerk spec (and the scourge circles of doom) I never had a problem staying on siege and using it, hopping off an AC when meteor was casting, and hopping back on (before the skill change). Never downed, and it would take the Ele 3 casting rounds to remove a siege piece (exposing them usually to being killed or at least making them run). Now, they can cast half of meteor, cancel and run away, it will kill superior AC's that were full health and me.

They should have reduced the radius years ago, but making the first 2 hits destroy nearly 100% of siege by itself is overpowered.

It doesn't need to be reverted in WvW, it needs to be reverted in PvE. WvW it's actually a buff (unless you're trying to destroy mortars in which case the scaling down damage is an annoyance.

You have to remember, the damage scales down per target, not per hit, and players rarely get hit by more than 2 meteors.

> @"DeadlySynz.3471" said:

> It doesn't need to be reverted in WvW, it needs to be reverted in PvE. WvW it's actually a buff (unless you're trying to destroy mortars in which case the scaling down damage is an annoyance.

>

> You have to remember, the damage scales down per target, not per hit, and players rarely get hit by more than 2 meteors.

24k HP with 3.7k armor, 2 hits is still enough to down you most times...AND, it now only takes 2 hits to destroy wall siege from full health. They don't even have to channel the entire cast to get 2 hits on you. It needs to be reverted.

> @"Ubi.4136" said:

> > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > > @"Ubi.4136" said:

> > > > @"Roxanne.6140" said:

> > > > > @"Ubi.4136" said:

> > > > > It's definitely a huge buff that needs to be reverted in wvw. First, it shouldn't be able to hit nearly all of the stairs in a tower (and every inch of every wall). But, Anet doesn't give a kitten and wants blobs to be able to mow down towers fast. But, it kills 100% health superior arrow carts in 2 hits...this is definitely not ok.

> > > > > They need to make it reflectable. If they can nearly instakill EVERYTHING on a wall in 1 cast, than a mesmer hitting them with feedback mid cast should put the damage back on them.

> > > >

> > > > It's actually only scraping the surface of why Weaver is a subpar damage class when compared to scourge. The meteor has a long cast time and falls slowly which is weird given how large a meteor is, I was expecting to fall faster. Most of the time ppl can just walk away from it and not get hit at all. Hitting with weaver's damage skill is even situational. And when Weaver does generate downs, they are often in random clumps which his ally zerg cannot capitalise on. So there is often the situation that the Weaver is generating downs but his zerg is still losing.

> > >

> > > But they don't have to finish the cast to get damage, and now the first 2 hits are enough to destroy a full health superior AC or balista. The aoe is large enough that it takes 2 full dodges to get out and you can get hit, dodge, get hit and already be dead (usually cause all the scourges kitten on the wall). It's not the only problem, but they should revert the change to meteor and then nerf it's radius, cause it should NOT be able to hit the back of the stairs, that makes the wall useless. (they also need to fix scourge and rev abilities that ignore LOS and can hit/kill people on siege inside, but that is for another thread).

> >

> > Or you just block most of the dmg and heal every bit that your taking or have barrier simply stop all the dmg. MS is a pure dmg skill with out any real effects to deal with so many hard counters to it (more of a flaw of the class then the skill).

>

> Cause "every" class has endless blocks and barriers. Oh wait, they don't. Defending a tower, usually outnumbered (cause blob servers are allowed to stay in lower tiers than they should be in). Trying to take out shield gens or "anything". The red circle is up and you have been hit once before you can even get off the siege piece. You attempt to dodge away and are already downed (combination of the radius of the aoe, the tons of scourge wall spam and the lag that accompanies large blobs). Even in a full zerk spec (and the scourge circles of doom) I never had a problem staying on siege and using it, hopping off an AC when meteor was casting, and hopping back on (before the skill change). Never downed, and it would take the Ele 3 casting rounds to remove a siege piece (exposing them usually to being killed or at least making them run). Now, they can cast half of meteor, cancel and run away, it will kill superior AC's that were full health and me.

>

> They should have reduced the radius years ago, but making the first 2 hits destroy nearly 100% of siege by itself is overpowered.

They do because its all aoe blocks / barrier why do you think the wvw meta is a 2 class scorge and FB that all you need to deal with dmg and all you need to do dmg. If the siege is placed right MS will never hit it you use fire signet to hit the hard to reach siege but i think that a bug more then intended.