I'm by no means a fan of druids. However ...

Math.5123

> @"Twyn.7320" said:

> > @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > > @"Twyn.7320" said:

> > > It's not a nerf, it's a shift.

> > >

> > > 'Cosmic Ray: Reduced the healing of this skill by 30%.

> > > Seed of Life: Reduced the healing of this skill by 35%.

> > > Lunar Impact: The heal scaling of this skill is no longer split between game modes and will now use the lower 20% reduced heal scaling in all modes.

> > > Rejuvenating Tides: Reduced the healing of this skill by 40%.'

> > >

> > > BUT:

> > >

> > > 'Lingering Light: This trait no longer grants its effects when healing an ally. It now grants its effects when entering celestial avatar form. *While in celestial avatar form, outgoing healing to allies is increased by 50%.*'

> > >

> > > It's trying to work Druid around the idea of doing a lot of healing during CA, but not as much outside of it. Considering that most of the healing is actually buffed by 10-30% depending on the skill that you use, due to the: Lingering Light (50) - Reduction (40/35/30/20) = 10 to 30% buff. I'm aware that Druid may not be as popular in comparison to other support classes, but claiming that it's been nerfed isn't true. It's been buffed and shifted so that you either play pure healer, or something else, instead of doing both roles at the same time.

> > >

> > > Now, they need to look at the OTHER support classes/specs and balance those to fit this shift. Hopefully, soonTM.

> >

> > A druid's personal sustain in CA has been cut by about 35%. How is that not a nerf?

>

> Yes, it's been nerfed in that aspect. However, it's been buffed in other aspects, such as damage increases to Sword 2 on both skills, and healing output to allies. People have just locked on to 'self-healing' and ignored everything else.

Yeah, exactly. It's been nerfed. I don't see why you said it wasn't.

Sword 2 damage increases are meaningless. Reducing the healing by 1/3 is a HUGE nerf.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > @"Twyn.7320" said:

> > > @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > > > @"Twyn.7320" said:

> > > > It's not a nerf, it's a shift.

> > > >

> > > > 'Cosmic Ray: Reduced the healing of this skill by 30%.

> > > > Seed of Life: Reduced the healing of this skill by 35%.

> > > > Lunar Impact: The heal scaling of this skill is no longer split between game modes and will now use the lower 20% reduced heal scaling in all modes.

> > > > Rejuvenating Tides: Reduced the healing of this skill by 40%.'

> > > >

> > > > BUT:

> > > >

> > > > 'Lingering Light: This trait no longer grants its effects when healing an ally. It now grants its effects when entering celestial avatar form. *While in celestial avatar form, outgoing healing to allies is increased by 50%.*'

> > > >

> > > > It's trying to work Druid around the idea of doing a lot of healing during CA, but not as much outside of it. Considering that most of the healing is actually buffed by 10-30% depending on the skill that you use, due to the: Lingering Light (50) - Reduction (40/35/30/20) = 10 to 30% buff. I'm aware that Druid may not be as popular in comparison to other support classes, but claiming that it's been nerfed isn't true. It's been buffed and shifted so that you either play pure healer, or something else, instead of doing both roles at the same time.

> > > >

> > > > Now, they need to look at the OTHER support classes/specs and balance those to fit this shift. Hopefully, soonTM.

> > >

> > > A druid's personal sustain in CA has been cut by about 35%. How is that not a nerf?

> >

> > Yes, it's been nerfed in that aspect. However, it's been buffed in other aspects, such as damage increases to Sword 2 on both skills, and healing output to allies. People have just locked on to 'self-healing' and ignored everything else.

>

> Yeah, exactly. It's been nerfed. I don't see why you said it wasn't.

>

> Sword 2 damage increases are meaningless. Reducing the healing by 1/3 is a HUGE nerf.

As said, it's been nerfed in that aspect. It hasn't been nerfed in EVERY aspect. Instead, the focus of Druid has shifted. Now, we can't sit in CA and absorb damage like it's nothing. We have to alter our playstyle to be more careful with healing in team fights. We do more healing to people around us, but we're open to be bursted down as a trade-off. That's the angle that they're going for, and I'm looking forward to seeing what the 'meta' becomes for Druid in PvP, and if it's terrible, I'll voice my concerns then instead of doomsday-preaching over one aspect.

> @"Twyn.7320" said:

> > > @"Twyn.7320" said:

> > > > @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > > > > @"Twyn.7320" said:

> > > > > It's not a nerf, it's a shift.

> > > > >

> > > > > 'Cosmic Ray: Reduced the healing of this skill by 30%.

> > > > > Seed of Life: Reduced the healing of this skill by 35%.

> > > > > Lunar Impact: The heal scaling of this skill is no longer split between game modes and will now use the lower 20% reduced heal scaling in all modes.

> > > > > Rejuvenating Tides: Reduced the healing of this skill by 40%.'

> > > > >

> > > > > BUT:

> > > > >

> > > > > 'Lingering Light: This trait no longer grants its effects when healing an ally. It now grants its effects when entering celestial avatar form. *While in celestial avatar form, outgoing healing to allies is increased by 50%.*'

> > > > >

> > > > > It's trying to work Druid around the idea of doing a lot of healing during CA, but not as much outside of it. Considering that most of the healing is actually buffed by 10-30% depending on the skill that you use, due to the: Lingering Light (50) - Reduction (40/35/30/20) = 10 to 30% buff. I'm aware that Druid may not be as popular in comparison to other support classes, but claiming that it's been nerfed isn't true. It's been buffed and shifted so that you either play pure healer, or something else, instead of doing both roles at the same time.

> > > > >

> > > > > Now, they need to look at the OTHER support classes/specs and balance those to fit this shift. Hopefully, soonTM.

> > > >

> > > > A druid's personal sustain in CA has been cut by about 35%. How is that not a nerf?

> > >

> > > Yes, it's been nerfed in that aspect. However, it's been buffed in other aspects, such as damage increases to Sword 2 on both skills, and healing output to allies. People have just locked on to 'self-healing' and ignored everything else.

> >

> > Yeah, exactly. It's been nerfed. I don't see why you said it wasn't.

> >

> > Sword 2 damage increases are meaningless. Reducing the healing by 1/3 is a HUGE nerf.

>

> As said, it's been nerfed in that aspect. It hasn't been nerfed in EVERY aspect. Instead, the focus of Druid has shifted. Now, we can't sit in CA and absorb damage like it's nothing. We have to alter our playstyle to be more careful with healing in team fights. We do more healing to people around us, but we're open to be bursted down as a trade-off. That's the angle that they're going for, and I'm looking forward to seeing what the 'meta' becomes for Druid in PvP, and if it's terrible, I'll voice my concerns then instead of doomsday-preaching over one aspect.

lol

You said, "It's not a nerf, it's a shift."

No, it's been nerfed. Any damage buffs we've received on random weapon skills are meaningless. Druids got nerfed extremely hard, period.

Now, druid has low damage, low sustain, and low utility. The spec is inferior at:

1. Side noding compared to other bruisers such Spellbreakers, Holos, and Chronos.

2. Supporting compared to other supports such Firebrands, Scrappers, and Tempests.

3. Damage roles compared to other carries such as Thieves, Mirages, and Scourges.

> @"Twyn.7320" said:

> > > @"Twyn.7320" said:

> > > > > It's not a nerf, it's a shift.

> > > > >

> > > > > 'Cosmic Ray: Reduced the healing of this skill by 30%.

> > > > > Seed of Life: Reduced the healing of this skill by 35%.

> > > > > Lunar Impact: The heal scaling of this skill is no longer split between game modes and will now use the lower 20% reduced heal scaling in all modes.

> > > > > Rejuvenating Tides: Reduced the healing of this skill by 40%.'

> > > > >

> > > > > BUT:

> > > > >

> > > > > 'Lingering Light: This trait no longer grants its effects when healing an ally. It now grants its effects when entering celestial avatar form. *While in celestial avatar form, outgoing healing to allies is increased by 50%.*'

> > > > >

> > > > > It's trying to work Druid around the idea of doing a lot of healing during CA, but not as much outside of it. Considering that most of the healing is actually buffed by 10-30% depending on the skill that you use, due to the: Lingering Light (50) - Reduction (40/35/30/20) = 10 to 30% buff. I'm aware that Druid may not be as popular in comparison to other support classes, but claiming that it's been nerfed isn't true. It's been buffed and shifted so that you either play pure healer, or something else, instead of doing both roles at the same time.

> > > > >

> > > > > Now, they need to look at the OTHER support classes/specs and balance those to fit this shift. Hopefully, soonTM.

> > > >

> > > > A druid's personal sustain in CA has been cut by about 35%. How is that not a nerf?

> > >

> > > Yes, it's been nerfed in that aspect. However, it's been buffed in other aspects, such as damage increases to Sword 2 on both skills, and healing output to allies. People have just locked on to 'self-healing' and ignored everything else.

> >

> > Yeah, exactly. It's been nerfed. I don't see why you said it wasn't.

> >

> > Sword 2 damage increases are meaningless. Reducing the healing by 1/3 is a HUGE nerf.

>

> As said, it's been nerfed in that aspect. It hasn't been nerfed in EVERY aspect. Instead, the focus of Druid has shifted. Now, we can't sit in CA and absorb damage like it's nothing. We have to alter our playstyle to be more careful with healing in team fights. We do more healing to people around us, but we're open to be bursted down as a trade-off. That's the angle that they're going for, and I'm looking forward to seeing what the 'meta' becomes for Druid in PvP, and if it's terrible, I'll voice my concerns then instead of doomsday-preaching over one aspect.

man you got no clue :disappointed: about druid in pvp........fb ele now engi are way more better supporters than druid nowadays hell even dmg scourge got better res potential than druid

> > @"Twyn.7320" said:

> > > > > @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > > > > > @"Twyn.7320" said:

> > > > > > It's not a nerf, it's a shift.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > 'Cosmic Ray: Reduced the healing of this skill by 30%.

> > > > > > Seed of Life: Reduced the healing of this skill by 35%.

> > > > > > Lunar Impact: The heal scaling of this skill is no longer split between game modes and will now use the lower 20% reduced heal scaling in all modes.

> > > > > > Rejuvenating Tides: Reduced the healing of this skill by 40%.'

> > > > > >

> > > > > > BUT:

> > > > > >

> > > > > > 'Lingering Light: This trait no longer grants its effects when healing an ally. It now grants its effects when entering celestial avatar form. *While in celestial avatar form, outgoing healing to allies is increased by 50%.*'

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It's trying to work Druid around the idea of doing a lot of healing during CA, but not as much outside of it. Considering that most of the healing is actually buffed by 10-30% depending on the skill that you use, due to the: Lingering Light (50) - Reduction (40/35/30/20) = 10 to 30% buff. I'm aware that Druid may not be as popular in comparison to other support classes, but claiming that it's been nerfed isn't true. It's been buffed and shifted so that you either play pure healer, or something else, instead of doing both roles at the same time.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Now, they need to look at the OTHER support classes/specs and balance those to fit this shift. Hopefully, soonTM.

> > > > >

> > > > > A druid's personal sustain in CA has been cut by about 35%. How is that not a nerf?

> > > >

> > > > Yes, it's been nerfed in that aspect. However, it's been buffed in other aspects, such as damage increases to Sword 2 on both skills, and healing output to allies. People have just locked on to 'self-healing' and ignored everything else.

> > >

> > > Yeah, exactly. It's been nerfed. I don't see why you said it wasn't.

> > >

> > > Sword 2 damage increases are meaningless. Reducing the healing by 1/3 is a HUGE nerf.

> >

> > As said, it's been nerfed in that aspect. It hasn't been nerfed in EVERY aspect. Instead, the focus of Druid has shifted. Now, we can't sit in CA and absorb damage like it's nothing. We have to alter our playstyle to be more careful with healing in team fights. We do more healing to people around us, but we're open to be bursted down as a trade-off. That's the angle that they're going for, and I'm looking forward to seeing what the 'meta' becomes for Druid in PvP, and if it's terrible, I'll voice my concerns then instead of doomsday-preaching over one aspect.

>

> lol

>

> You said, "It's not a nerf, it's a shift."

>

> No, it's been nerfed. Any damage buffs we've received on random weapon skills are meaningless. Druids got nerfed extremely hard, period.

>

> Now, druid has low damage, low sustain, and low utility. The spec is inferior at:

>

> 1. Side noding compared to other bruisers such Spellbreakers, Holos, and Chronos.

> 2. Supporting compared to other supports such Firebrands, Scrappers, and Tempests.

> 3. Damage roles compared to other carries such as Thieves, Mirages, and Scourges.

Just ignore every point I've made then and claim that I'm wrong. Yes, Firebrands are the go-to. They're an issue, and they've been an issue since the start of Path of Fire. However, people are comparing Druid, rightfully, to the other specs. In the grand scheme of things, Druid hasn't been nerfed extremely harshly, it's just that the OTHER specs are exceptionally powerful in comparison. It's a technicality. It's a role shift, and you're free to ignore the buffs that Druid got to push the same narrative that it's the end of Druid etc etc.

Have you played Druid yet in PvP since the Update, with a refined 'meta' build that works into the new 'meta'?

> @"Twyn.7320" said:

> > > @"Twyn.7320" said:

> > > > > > @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > > > > > > @"Twyn.7320" said:

> > > > > > > It's not a nerf, it's a shift.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > 'Cosmic Ray: Reduced the healing of this skill by 30%.

> > > > > > > Seed of Life: Reduced the healing of this skill by 35%.

> > > > > > > Lunar Impact: The heal scaling of this skill is no longer split between game modes and will now use the lower 20% reduced heal scaling in all modes.

> > > > > > > Rejuvenating Tides: Reduced the healing of this skill by 40%.'

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > BUT:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > 'Lingering Light: This trait no longer grants its effects when healing an ally. It now grants its effects when entering celestial avatar form. *While in celestial avatar form, outgoing healing to allies is increased by 50%.*'

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > It's trying to work Druid around the idea of doing a lot of healing during CA, but not as much outside of it. Considering that most of the healing is actually buffed by 10-30% depending on the skill that you use, due to the: Lingering Light (50) - Reduction (40/35/30/20) = 10 to 30% buff. I'm aware that Druid may not be as popular in comparison to other support classes, but claiming that it's been nerfed isn't true. It's been buffed and shifted so that you either play pure healer, or something else, instead of doing both roles at the same time.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Now, they need to look at the OTHER support classes/specs and balance those to fit this shift. Hopefully, soonTM.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > A druid's personal sustain in CA has been cut by about 35%. How is that not a nerf?

> > > > >

> > > > > Yes, it's been nerfed in that aspect. However, it's been buffed in other aspects, such as damage increases to Sword 2 on both skills, and healing output to allies. People have just locked on to 'self-healing' and ignored everything else.

> > > >

> > > > Yeah, exactly. It's been nerfed. I don't see why you said it wasn't.

> > > >

> > > > Sword 2 damage increases are meaningless. Reducing the healing by 1/3 is a HUGE nerf.

> > >

> > > As said, it's been nerfed in that aspect. It hasn't been nerfed in EVERY aspect. Instead, the focus of Druid has shifted. Now, we can't sit in CA and absorb damage like it's nothing. We have to alter our playstyle to be more careful with healing in team fights. We do more healing to people around us, but we're open to be bursted down as a trade-off. That's the angle that they're going for, and I'm looking forward to seeing what the 'meta' becomes for Druid in PvP, and if it's terrible, I'll voice my concerns then instead of doomsday-preaching over one aspect.

> >

> > lol

> >

> > You said, "It's not a nerf, it's a shift."

> >

> > No, it's been nerfed. Any damage buffs we've received on random weapon skills are meaningless. Druids got nerfed extremely hard, period.

> >

> > Now, druid has low damage, low sustain, and low utility. The spec is inferior at:

> >

> > 1. Side noding compared to other bruisers such Spellbreakers, Holos, and Chronos.

> > 2. Supporting compared to other supports such Firebrands, Scrappers, and Tempests.

> > 3. Damage roles compared to other carries such as Thieves, Mirages, and Scourges.

>

> Just ignore every point I've made then and claim that I'm wrong. Yes, Firebrands are the go-to. They're an issue, and they've been an issue since the start of Path of Fire. However, people are comparing Druid, rightfully, to the other specs. In the grand scheme of things, Druid hasn't been nerfed extremely harshly, it's just that the OTHER specs are exceptionally powerful in comparison. It's a technicality. It's a role shift, and you're free to ignore the buffs that Druid got to push the same narrative that it's the end of Druid etc etc.

>

> Have you played Druid yet in PvP since the Update, with a refined 'meta' build that works into the new 'meta'?

I haven't ignored anything lol

The focus of druid hasn't "shifted." There was no compensation for the healing nerfs at all. Druid has been straight up nerfed. There's really no other way to put it.

I fail to see how reducing a Druid's healing (which is all we do anyways) by 35% isn't an extremely heavy nerf.

Stop beating around the bush and talking nonsense. Druid is in a really bad spot right now. If you're really so insistent, why don't you enlighten everyone on what role a Druid currently occupies?

And yes, I have played druid in [ranked PvP](https://imgur.com/a/d9eXonO) and tested many different builds since the patch came out. Druid was already inferior to the other meta specs, the latest series of nerfs pushed it even further down the hole.

> > @"Twyn.7320" said:

> > > > > @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > > > > > @"Twyn.7320" said:

> > > > > > > @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Twyn.7320" said:

> > > > > > > > It's not a nerf, it's a shift.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > 'Cosmic Ray: Reduced the healing of this skill by 30%.

> > > > > > > > Seed of Life: Reduced the healing of this skill by 35%.

> > > > > > > > Lunar Impact: The heal scaling of this skill is no longer split between game modes and will now use the lower 20% reduced heal scaling in all modes.

> > > > > > > > Rejuvenating Tides: Reduced the healing of this skill by 40%.'

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > BUT:

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > 'Lingering Light: This trait no longer grants its effects when healing an ally. It now grants its effects when entering celestial avatar form. *While in celestial avatar form, outgoing healing to allies is increased by 50%.*'

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > It's trying to work Druid around the idea of doing a lot of healing during CA, but not as much outside of it. Considering that most of the healing is actually buffed by 10-30% depending on the skill that you use, due to the: Lingering Light (50) - Reduction (40/35/30/20) = 10 to 30% buff. I'm aware that Druid may not be as popular in comparison to other support classes, but claiming that it's been nerfed isn't true. It's been buffed and shifted so that you either play pure healer, or something else, instead of doing both roles at the same time.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Now, they need to look at the OTHER support classes/specs and balance those to fit this shift. Hopefully, soonTM.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > A druid's personal sustain in CA has been cut by about 35%. How is that not a nerf?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Yes, it's been nerfed in that aspect. However, it's been buffed in other aspects, such as damage increases to Sword 2 on both skills, and healing output to allies. People have just locked on to 'self-healing' and ignored everything else.

> > > > >

> > > > > Yeah, exactly. It's been nerfed. I don't see why you said it wasn't.

> > > > >

> > > > > Sword 2 damage increases are meaningless. Reducing the healing by 1/3 is a HUGE nerf.

> > > >

> > > > As said, it's been nerfed in that aspect. It hasn't been nerfed in EVERY aspect. Instead, the focus of Druid has shifted. Now, we can't sit in CA and absorb damage like it's nothing. We have to alter our playstyle to be more careful with healing in team fights. We do more healing to people around us, but we're open to be bursted down as a trade-off. That's the angle that they're going for, and I'm looking forward to seeing what the 'meta' becomes for Druid in PvP, and if it's terrible, I'll voice my concerns then instead of doomsday-preaching over one aspect.

> > >

> > > lol

> > >

> > > You said, "It's not a nerf, it's a shift."

> > >

> > > No, it's been nerfed. Any damage buffs we've received on random weapon skills are meaningless. Druids got nerfed extremely hard, period.

> > >

> > > Now, druid has low damage, low sustain, and low utility. The spec is inferior at:

> > >

> > > 1. Side noding compared to other bruisers such Spellbreakers, Holos, and Chronos.

> > > 2. Supporting compared to other supports such Firebrands, Scrappers, and Tempests.

> > > 3. Damage roles compared to other carries such as Thieves, Mirages, and Scourges.

> >

> > Just ignore every point I've made then and claim that I'm wrong. Yes, Firebrands are the go-to. They're an issue, and they've been an issue since the start of Path of Fire. However, people are comparing Druid, rightfully, to the other specs. In the grand scheme of things, Druid hasn't been nerfed extremely harshly, it's just that the OTHER specs are exceptionally powerful in comparison. It's a technicality. It's a role shift, and you're free to ignore the buffs that Druid got to push the same narrative that it's the end of Druid etc etc.

> >

> > Have you played Druid yet in PvP since the Update, with a refined 'meta' build that works into the new 'meta'?

>

> I haven't ignored anything lol

>

> The focus of druid hasn't "shifted." There was no compensation for the healing nerfs at all. Druid has been straight up nerfed. There's really no other way to put it.

>

> I fail to see how reducing a Druid's healing (which is all we do anyways) by 35% isn't an extremely heavy nerf.

>

> Stop beating around the bush and talking nonsense. Druid is in a really bad spot right now. If you're really so insistent, why don't you enlighten everyone on what role a Druid currently occupies?

>

> And yes, I have played druid in [ranked PvP](https://imgur.com/a/d9eXonO) and tested many different builds since the patch came out. Druid was already inferior to the other meta specs, the latest series of nerfs pushed it even further down the hole.

Considering that I've just played 3 matches and won all 3, whilst doing around 300-400k healing and bunkering points (Obvs, dependent on good or bad players), I think it's safe to say that if you ALTER your play-style, it's actually really fun. The only deaths that I had were due to a bursty Reaper, which killed me before the update anyway; or my own stupid mistakes. Switch Grace of the Land for Lingering Light in PvP, and just play more cautiously, rather than rushing in to support in every situation. I'm planning on playing more (both Unranked and Ranked) matches to uncover a few more things. But seriously, from my experience, it feels nice to not face-roll things.

> @"Twyn.7320" said:

> > > @"Twyn.7320" said:

> > > > > > > > @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Twyn.7320" said:

> > > > > > > > > It's not a nerf, it's a shift.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > 'Cosmic Ray: Reduced the healing of this skill by 30%.

> > > > > > > > > Seed of Life: Reduced the healing of this skill by 35%.

> > > > > > > > > Lunar Impact: The heal scaling of this skill is no longer split between game modes and will now use the lower 20% reduced heal scaling in all modes.

> > > > > > > > > Rejuvenating Tides: Reduced the healing of this skill by 40%.'

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > BUT:

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > 'Lingering Light: This trait no longer grants its effects when healing an ally. It now grants its effects when entering celestial avatar form. *While in celestial avatar form, outgoing healing to allies is increased by 50%.*'

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > It's trying to work Druid around the idea of doing a lot of healing during CA, but not as much outside of it. Considering that most of the healing is actually buffed by 10-30% depending on the skill that you use, due to the: Lingering Light (50) - Reduction (40/35/30/20) = 10 to 30% buff. I'm aware that Druid may not be as popular in comparison to other support classes, but claiming that it's been nerfed isn't true. It's been buffed and shifted so that you either play pure healer, or something else, instead of doing both roles at the same time.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Now, they need to look at the OTHER support classes/specs and balance those to fit this shift. Hopefully, soonTM.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > A druid's personal sustain in CA has been cut by about 35%. How is that not a nerf?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Yes, it's been nerfed in that aspect. However, it's been buffed in other aspects, such as damage increases to Sword 2 on both skills, and healing output to allies. People have just locked on to 'self-healing' and ignored everything else.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Yeah, exactly. It's been nerfed. I don't see why you said it wasn't.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Sword 2 damage increases are meaningless. Reducing the healing by 1/3 is a HUGE nerf.

> > > > >

> > > > > As said, it's been nerfed in that aspect. It hasn't been nerfed in EVERY aspect. Instead, the focus of Druid has shifted. Now, we can't sit in CA and absorb damage like it's nothing. We have to alter our playstyle to be more careful with healing in team fights. We do more healing to people around us, but we're open to be bursted down as a trade-off. That's the angle that they're going for, and I'm looking forward to seeing what the 'meta' becomes for Druid in PvP, and if it's terrible, I'll voice my concerns then instead of doomsday-preaching over one aspect.

> > > >

> > > > lol

> > > >

> > > > You said, "It's not a nerf, it's a shift."

> > > >

> > > > No, it's been nerfed. Any damage buffs we've received on random weapon skills are meaningless. Druids got nerfed extremely hard, period.

> > > >

> > > > Now, druid has low damage, low sustain, and low utility. The spec is inferior at:

> > > >

> > > > 1. Side noding compared to other bruisers such Spellbreakers, Holos, and Chronos.

> > > > 2. Supporting compared to other supports such Firebrands, Scrappers, and Tempests.

> > > > 3. Damage roles compared to other carries such as Thieves, Mirages, and Scourges.

> > >

> > > Just ignore every point I've made then and claim that I'm wrong. Yes, Firebrands are the go-to. They're an issue, and they've been an issue since the start of Path of Fire. However, people are comparing Druid, rightfully, to the other specs. In the grand scheme of things, Druid hasn't been nerfed extremely harshly, it's just that the OTHER specs are exceptionally powerful in comparison. It's a technicality. It's a role shift, and you're free to ignore the buffs that Druid got to push the same narrative that it's the end of Druid etc etc.

> > >

> > > Have you played Druid yet in PvP since the Update, with a refined 'meta' build that works into the new 'meta'?

> >

> > I haven't ignored anything lol

> >

> > The focus of druid hasn't "shifted." There was no compensation for the healing nerfs at all. Druid has been straight up nerfed. There's really no other way to put it.

> >

> > I fail to see how reducing a Druid's healing (which is all we do anyways) by 35% isn't an extremely heavy nerf.

> >

> > Stop beating around the bush and talking nonsense. Druid is in a really bad spot right now. If you're really so insistent, why don't you enlighten everyone on what role a Druid currently occupies?

> >

> > And yes, I have played druid in [ranked PvP](https://imgur.com/a/d9eXonO) and tested many different builds since the patch came out. Druid was already inferior to the other meta specs, the latest series of nerfs pushed it even further down the hole.

>

> Considering that I've just played 3 matches and won all 3, whilst doing around 300-400k healing and bunkering points (Obvs, dependent on good or bad players), I think it's safe to say that if you ALTER your play-style, it's actually really fun. The only deaths that I had were due to a bursty Reaper, which killed me before the update anyway; or my own stupid mistakes. Switch Grace of the Land for Lingering Light in PvP, and just play more cautiously, rather than rushing in to support in every situation. I'm planning on playing more (both Unranked and Ranked) matches to uncover a few more things. But seriously, from my experience, it feels nice to not face-roll things.

I've played 9 and won 6 lol

Did you not see the screenshot? I'm currently rank 16 on NA on ranger. After 9 matches, I've maintained that rank. Druid has obviously been nerfed extremely hard, there hasn't been a shift in roles because the only role a druid can currently occupy is bruiser.

Also, druid has NOT been faceroll for a long time. It was already sub-par before this latest round of nerfs and its in an even worse position now.

> @"Twyn.7320" said:

> > > @"Twyn.7320" said:

> > > > > > > It's not a nerf, it's a shift.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > 'Cosmic Ray: Reduced the healing of this skill by 30%.

> > > > > > > Seed of Life: Reduced the healing of this skill by 35%.

> > > > > > > Lunar Impact: The heal scaling of this skill is no longer split between game modes and will now use the lower 20% reduced heal scaling in all modes.

> > > > > > > Rejuvenating Tides: Reduced the healing of this skill by 40%.'

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > BUT:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > 'Lingering Light: This trait no longer grants its effects when healing an ally. It now grants its effects when entering celestial avatar form. *While in celestial avatar form, outgoing healing to allies is increased by 50%.*'

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > It's trying to work Druid around the idea of doing a lot of healing during CA, but not as much outside of it. Considering that most of the healing is actually buffed by 10-30% depending on the skill that you use, due to the: Lingering Light (50) - Reduction (40/35/30/20) = 10 to 30% buff. I'm aware that Druid may not be as popular in comparison to other support classes, but claiming that it's been nerfed isn't true. It's been buffed and shifted so that you either play pure healer, or something else, instead of doing both roles at the same time.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Now, they need to look at the OTHER support classes/specs and balance those to fit this shift. Hopefully, soonTM.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > A druid's personal sustain in CA has been cut by about 35%. How is that not a nerf?

> > > > >

> > > > > Yes, it's been nerfed in that aspect. However, it's been buffed in other aspects, such as damage increases to Sword 2 on both skills, and healing output to allies. People have just locked on to 'self-healing' and ignored everything else.

> > > >

> > > > Yeah, exactly. It's been nerfed. I don't see why you said it wasn't.

> > > >

> > > > Sword 2 damage increases are meaningless. Reducing the healing by 1/3 is a HUGE nerf.

> > >

> > > As said, it's been nerfed in that aspect. It hasn't been nerfed in EVERY aspect. Instead, the focus of Druid has shifted. Now, we can't sit in CA and absorb damage like it's nothing. We have to alter our playstyle to be more careful with healing in team fights. We do more healing to people around us, but we're open to be bursted down as a trade-off. That's the angle that they're going for, and I'm looking forward to seeing what the 'meta' becomes for Druid in PvP, and if it's terrible, I'll voice my concerns then instead of doomsday-preaching over one aspect.

> >

> > lol

> >

> > You said, "It's not a nerf, it's a shift."

> >

> > No, it's been nerfed. Any damage buffs we've received on random weapon skills are meaningless. Druids got nerfed extremely hard, period.

> >

> > Now, druid has low damage, low sustain, and low utility. The spec is inferior at:

> >

> > 1. Side noding compared to other bruisers such Spellbreakers, Holos, and Chronos.

> > 2. Supporting compared to other supports such Firebrands, Scrappers, and Tempests.

> > 3. Damage roles compared to other carries such as Thieves, Mirages, and Scourges.

>

> Just ignore every point I've made then and claim that I'm wrong. Yes, Firebrands are the go-to. They're an issue, and they've been an issue since the start of Path of Fire. However, people are comparing Druid, rightfully, to the other specs. In the grand scheme of things, Druid hasn't been nerfed extremely harshly, it's just that the OTHER specs are exceptionally powerful in comparison. It's a technicality. It's a role shift, and you're free to ignore the buffs that Druid got to push the same narrative that it's the end of Druid etc etc.

>

> Have you played Druid yet in PvP since the Update, with a refined 'meta' build that works into the new 'meta'?

Translation:

"Druid hasn't been nerfed, even though it was. It's not bad, it's just worse than almost everything else right now.

Now let's shift the attention away from the paradox of comments I made to try to undermine the person using reasoning and logic!"

There's no getting around it - Anet really wanted to destroy druid this time around.

Its a kick in the nuts reminiscent of what happened to Berserker Warrior or Revenant not long before PoF came along.

And its all because people kept crying and Anet couldnt just cut the healing slightly while dealing with Celestial Shadow/AS and slightly lowering might gain instead of constantly trimming everything down (even Core Ranger suffers for Druid balancing) because of the whining.

Does this mean one day we'll see chrono smashed to bits in PvP and PvE because they're the undisputed most capable tanks, and among the strongest utility bringers (on top of having insane pressure and Portal in PvP) too?

Are we going to see Ele brought town to 31~34k DPS or have their damage gated on an arbitrary cooldown because they're so overwhelmingly capable at damage?

What about Scourge continuously being cancer despite a simple change to the Sand Savant away from making them much less braindead, or Epidemic bouncing in Raids?

Druid destroyed?.....Druid was always supposed to be a support spec, it turned to be the "perfect" duellist/side point fighter and it was time for anet to rectify that . Support =/ bunker or side holder, if you take a look at what tempest received years ago in terms of nerfs, you realize that anet in this case knows what they're doing; ranger is still plenty capable and this thread has blown things out of proportions

> @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> Druid destroyed?.....Druid was always supposed to be a support spec, it turned to be the "perfect" duellist/side point fighter and it was time for anet to rectify that .

About support...

Search and Rescue got culled to the point where it wasnt worth running as a utility anymore, Glyphs/Seeds of Life lost half its condi cleanse on top of several shaves to its healing effectiveness. What support does Druid offer when Firebrand has way more boons, strong healing, a more effective res trait, and better active defenses? Even Tempest has a better radius for healing and provides good Auras to keep your allies alive (and imo the only thing keeping it in check is Scourge outputting more than they can handle in teamfights) and they arent all that heavily gated by mechanics as Druid is.

If they really wanted Druid to stop being a side-noder and instead be an actual teamfighting support, then why didnt they take power from the things that made it Reset King (Celestial Shadows) and tune down its "passive offense"/Might (only done very recently) while encouraging its toolkit towards that end instead of just constantly hammering nerfs into it on all fronts?

There's no reason to run a Druid as a team support, now there's less reason to run it as a side-node player when Spellbreaker and Mirage/Chrono are better for it.

> @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> Druid destroyed?.....Druid was always supposed to be a support spec, it turned to be the "perfect" duellist/side point fighter and it was time for anet to rectify that . Support =/ bunker or side holder, if you take a look at what tempest received years ago in terms of nerfs, you realize that anet in this case knows what they're doing; ranger is still plenty capable and this thread has blown things out of proportions

Judging from your post history, I feel like you're pretty out of touch with things.

Tell me exactly what Druid offers as support.

YAY! another slow paced, boring, sustainy build that always took forever to win OR lose against has been nerfed. Now we just need to get rid of spell breakers boring as hell sustain.

If you want to face tank the world and the universe play a pure support role like firebrand.

Mirage and thief are perfect examples of "healthy dps role sustain" where they have the tools to avoid taking damage but the second they actually take damage they drop.

Sustain by face tank is no bueno and is the leading cause of obesity.

> @"BMW.2951" said:

> > @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > > @"Chilli.2976" said:

> > > I mean their healing was still pretty strong - but I like the nerf, now no more running away then resetting full health. Take that! ;)

> >

> > I still want a GS warrior run away nurf :, players need to pay for their mistakes is they dive in when they should not XD

>

> Nerf that class and not mine!

>

> hahahahahha

What could they nerf on guardian/Dh with mace/shield/shouts setup and Rev herald/jalis? o.O those are the classes im playign atm :P

I was really sad about the nerfs.

It felt like they had been tiptoeing around nerfing druid for a while, but this time they were like.... time to kill it.

It was definitely my favourite thing to play :cry:

Rip Druid 2k17 - 2k18. It was fun while it lasted.

> @"Sampson.2403" said:

> YAY! another slow paced, boring, sustainy build that always took forever to win OR lose against has been nerfed. Now we just need to get rid of spell breakers boring as hell sustain.

>

> If you want to face tank the world and the universe play a pure support role like firebrand.

>

> Mirage and thief are perfect examples of "healthy dps role sustain" where they have the tools to avoid taking damage but the second they actually take damage they drop.

>

> Sustain by face tank is no bueno and is the leading cause of obesity.

Do you know what is boring? the super low time to kill time in this game. There is nothing fun in fights ending in seconds.

The main problem about druids in PvP is their lack of good stability. CA 5? Very short duration and requires CA. Strength of the Pack? 1 second cast time and 75s cooldown. Also with all the boon rip in this game the stab is gone almost instantly since its not pulsing anymore lol. I say druid is garbage tier in pvp now. Cant kill anything but also cant really sustain anything anymore unless the enemy is also a sustain build.

> > @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> > Druid destroyed?.....Druid was always supposed to be a support spec, it turned to be the "perfect" duellist/side point fighter and it was time for anet to rectify that . Support =/ bunker or side holder, if you take a look at what tempest received years ago in terms of nerfs, you realize that anet in this case knows what they're doing; ranger is still plenty capable and this thread has blown things out of proportions

>

> Judging from your post history, I feel like you're pretty out of touch with things.

>

> Tell me exactly what Druid offers as support.

constant healing, cleanses, aoe disruption via daze ,cc , status, the healing nerf was needed because druid could be built for offense and still output good support without healing power nor boon or condi duration

> @"Rezzet.3614" said:

> > > @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> > > Druid destroyed?.....Druid was always supposed to be a support spec, it turned to be the "perfect" duellist/side point fighter and it was time for anet to rectify that . Support =/ bunker or side holder, if you take a look at what tempest received years ago in terms of nerfs, you realize that anet in this case knows what they're doing; ranger is still plenty capable and this thread has blown things out of proportions

> >

> > Judging from your post history, I feel like you're pretty out of touch with things.

> >

> > Tell me exactly what Druid offers as support.

>

> constant healing, cleanses, aoe disruption via daze ,cc , status, the healing nerf was needed because druid could be built for offense and still output good support without healing power nor boon or condi duration

1. Healing is slow, interruptible, and not nearly as high compared to what actual support classes can output.

2. Druid can cleanse 2 conditions in an AoE upon first entering CA and 1 condition every 3.5 seconds after. 20 second cooldown between conditions clears. Keep in mind, 1 condition every 3.5 seconds is extremely low and other support classes can completely wipe enemy conditions frequently and/or apply resistance as well.

You can fully cleanse conditions in an AoE if you use Signet of Renewal, but it only pulls conditions from allies within a 600 range radius and will instantly kill your pet in a team fight. Not to mention the cooldown is also 50 seconds.

3. Whoops. Compared to another support, your daze gets stopped by the multiple stacks of stability they are giving their entire team. It's too bad that if a Firebrand goes to cc your allies, you can't do the same. :(

4. Status?

Everyone knows Druid isn't a support. I asked that question because the only thing a Druid CAN do is heal. It cannot save a team from condition pressure nor can it give important AoE boons on demand. Also, every time you wish to support your team in a team fight (because that's what a support does), you'll lose your node extremely quickly due to AoE stealth when leaving CA.

Also, no. They reduced the healing numbers extremely significantly when not using healing power amulets. Are you HONESTLY saying Druid can output good support on a berserker amulet? Even before this recent patch, healing numbers were still ridiculously low when not running main-stat healing power. LOL what a joke.

Havent checked the patch notes, but Druid have been nerfed again? I hate druid, think that gameplay is boring as hell, and my opinion the nerf to CA was necessary(I wouldnt just rise the cooldown on it, but would take a look at the traits that made CA op on the first place)...but I havent seen a single Druid in game(Plat) after the CA nerf...lol why nerf it again? But Scourges? lol pretty comon to see 4 + per game...

> @"Rezzet.3614" said:

> > > @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> > > Druid destroyed?.....Druid was always supposed to be a support spec, it turned to be the "perfect" duellist/side point fighter and it was time for anet to rectify that . Support =/ bunker or side holder, if you take a look at what tempest received years ago in terms of nerfs, you realize that anet in this case knows what they're doing; ranger is still plenty capable and this thread has blown things out of proportions

> >

> > Judging from your post history, I feel like you're pretty out of touch with things.

> >

> > Tell me exactly what Druid offers as support.

>

> constant healing, cleanses, aoe disruption via daze ,cc , status, the healing nerf was needed because druid could be built for offense and still output good support without healing power nor boon or condi duration

He didn't mean recite the tooltips, he meant how is/was druid equal or greater than other options?

The objective answer is that Druid in PvP with its unique side node & off support role was on its way out, now it's more so on its way out.

> @"Chaith.8256" said:

> > @"Rezzet.3614" said:

> > > > @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> > > > Druid destroyed?.....Druid was always supposed to be a support spec, it turned to be the "perfect" duellist/side point fighter and it was time for anet to rectify that . Support =/ bunker or side holder, if you take a look at what tempest received years ago in terms of nerfs, you realize that anet in this case knows what they're doing; ranger is still plenty capable and this thread has blown things out of proportions

> > >

> > > Judging from your post history, I feel like you're pretty out of touch with things.

> > >

> > > Tell me exactly what Druid offers as support.

> >

> > constant healing, cleanses, aoe disruption via daze ,cc , status, the healing nerf was needed because druid could be built for offense and still output good support without healing power nor boon or condi duration

>

> He didn't mean recite the tooltips, he meant how is/was druid equal or greater than other options?

>

> The objective answer is that Druid in PvP with its unique side node & off support role was on its way out, now it's more so on its way out.

i mean i could be a smart ass and list how druid was superior to engi's pre rework med kit

but eh right now the game as a whole is in a bad state if you ask me , mesmers and necro can spam aoe offense and support at once non stop so everything else is nearly obsolete firebrand is also pretty powerful support