Do you have PoF?

People on the forum are likely to be more...dedicated players. Ones with enough interest in the game to not only play it but also spend time talking about it. Therefore it's more likely people here would buy expansions. I'd expect the majority on the forum to have HoT, but it's not necessarily representative of all players.

> @"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:

> Of course I have PoF. Wild raptors couldn't have kept me away from a return to Elona. And ... mounts. Great mounts. But mostly because I could go back to Elona.

>

> @"Samnang.1879" I have to disagree. Tomato sauce is vile, because it contains, well, er, tomatoes, and tomatoes are vile.

just replace tomato with something u like... tabasco, sriracha, mustard, honey mustard... etc xD

I would like to see this poll with 4 options:

* I own HoT

* I own PoF

* I own both HoT and PoF

* I do not own either (core game owner only)

As all but a single person (at this time) voted 'Yes, I have PoF', I'm left curious as to whether that individual instead owns only HoT or if they have not upgraded to either of the expansions and remain Core.

Perhaps another poll will be made at some point that offers just these straightforward options to allow for broader insight into whether participants in the poll upgraded from core at all, and if so, whether they have only upgraded with one of the expansions.

If a poll of the nature I describe already exists, I don't recall seeing it and search offered no matching results to those with 'own' in their titles.

(Yes, I am aware that nothing is preventing me from making it myself - I prefer to remain as a participant in others' polls and am only noting what I feel would be more insightful options for a poll of this nature if another enjoys actually creating polls.)

> @"StinVec.3621" said:

> I would like to see this poll with 4 options:

> * I own HoT

> * I own PoF

> * I own both HoT and PoF

> * I do not own either (core game owner only)

>

> As all but a single person (at this time) voted 'Yes, I have PoF', I'm left curious as to whether that individual instead owns only HoT or if they have not upgraded to either of the expansions and remain Core.

>

> Perhaps another poll will be made at some point that offers just these straightforward options to allow for broader insight into whether participants in the poll upgraded from core at all, and if so, whether they have only upgraded with one of the expansions.

>

> If a poll of the nature I describe already exists, I don't recall seeing it and search offered no matching results to those with 'own' in their titles.

>

> (Yes, I am aware that nothing is preventing me from making it myself - I prefer to remain as a participant in others' polls and am only noting what I feel would be more insightful options for a poll of this nature if another enjoys actually creating polls.)

If you want some more statistics with a much larger sample than can be achieved from a forum poll you can check this:

https://gw2efficiency.com/account/player-statistics

Core: 190,733 (98.442%)

Heart of Thorns: 181,066 (93.453%)

Path of Fire: 136,389 (70.394%)

All expansions: 135,614 (69.994%)

Core with no expansions: 9,404 (4.854%)

Play For Free: 3,018 (1.558%)

edit: To avoid confusion, it shows only players registered on gw2efficiency

> @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> > @"StinVec.3621" said:

> > I would like to see this poll with 4 options:

> > * I own HoT

> > * I own PoF

> > * I own both HoT and PoF

> > * I do not own either (core game owner only)

> >

> > As all but a single person (at this time) voted 'Yes, I have PoF', I'm left curious as to whether that individual instead owns only HoT or if they have not upgraded to either of the expansions and remain Core.

> >

> > Perhaps another poll will be made at some point that offers just these straightforward options to allow for broader insight into whether participants in the poll upgraded from core at all, and if so, whether they have only upgraded with one of the expansions.

> >

> > If a poll of the nature I describe already exists, I don't recall seeing it and search offered no matching results to those with 'own' in their titles.

> >

> > (Yes, I am aware that nothing is preventing me from making it myself - I prefer to remain as a participant in others' polls and am only noting what I feel would be more insightful options for a poll of this nature if another enjoys actually creating polls.)

>

> If you want some more statistics with a much larger sample than can be achieved from a forum poll you can check this:

> https://gw2efficiency.com/account/player-statistics

>

> Core: 190,733 (98.442%)

> Heart of Thorns: 181,066 (93.453%)

> Path of Fire: 136,389 (70.394%)

> All expansions: 135,614 (69.994%)

> Core with no expansions: 9,404 (4.854%)

> Play For Free: 3,018 (1.558%)

That is quite amazing and provides far more insight than could be gleaned from a poll on these forums. It 'scratches that curiosity itch' for me.

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide this information.

So, out of all the players in GW2, only 3018 are free to play accounts? How many of those are the core players' alt accounts and so on?

EDIT:

According to GW2efficiency, there are 656224 accounts. I highly doubt that GW2 has so low of a number of accounts. I've trusted GW2efficiency for years now, but those numbers are quite odd. Can someone explain?

> @"Kenneth.7536" said:

> So, out of all the players in GW2, only 3018 are free to play accounts? How many of those are the core players' alt accounts and so on?

>

> EDIT:

> According to GW2efficiency, there are 656224 accounts. I highly doubt that GW2 has so low of a number of accounts. I've trusted GW2efficiency for years now, but those numbers are quite odd. Can someone explain?

Because there are a lot of players who do not have GW2efficiency. Like myself.

It's s measure of those who use it. So the numbers aren't fully accurate. For this anyway.

> @"Kenneth.7536" said:

> So, out of all the players in GW2, only 3018 are free to play accounts? How many of those are the core players' alt accounts and so on?

>

> EDIT:

> According to GW2efficiency, there are 656224 accounts. I highly doubt that GW2 has so low of a number of accounts. I've trusted GW2efficiency for years now, but those numbers are quite odd. Can someone explain?

gw2effeciency requires an account to view the data, it doesn't show the data of unregistered users.

That said, the sample of players on gw2efficiency is way higher than anything a forum poll can get. The best I've seen is close to 1000 votes (and that's a stretch), while gw2efficiency has hundred thousand player's worth of data.

> Core: 190,733 (98.442%)

> Heart of Thorns: 181,066 (93.453%)

> Path of Fire: 136,389 (70.394%)

> All expansions: 135,614 (69.994%)

> Core with no expansions: 9,404 (4.854%)

> Play For Free: 3,018 (1.558%)

>

> That is quite amazing and provides more far more insight than could be gleaned from a poll on these forums. It 'scratches that curiosity itch' for me.

>

> Thank you very much for taking the time to provide this information.

That only covers those that have registered/used that site .... I know I don't and there are lots of others that don't either.

> @"PyrateSilly.4710" said:

> > Core: 190,733 (98.442%)

> > Heart of Thorns: 181,066 (93.453%)

> > Path of Fire: 136,389 (70.394%)

> > All expansions: 135,614 (69.994%)

> > Core with no expansions: 9,404 (4.854%)

> > Play For Free: 3,018 (1.558%)

> >

> > That is quite amazing and provides more far more insight than could be gleaned from a poll on these forums. It 'scratches that curiosity itch' for me.

> >

> > Thank you very much for taking the time to provide this information.

>

> That only covers those that have registered/used that site .... I know I don't and there are lots of others that don't either.

Yes obviously. And the poll only covers those voting in it... I think we can all agree no poll on these forums will ever reach the numbers of gw2efficiency.

Which is why I posted that link with the much more statistically important data.

> @"Kenneth.7536" said:

> Thanks guys for clarifying how GW2Efficiency works! Calms me to think that if such a number of players have used GW2efficiency, then how many are there actual players with PoF and HoT, millions?

You can find a discussion about it here:

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/25141/gw2-population-2018-vs-2016-crosspost-from-reddit/p1