Daily World Boss not an option for me?

So I'm not sure why this is, but Fire Elemental is a daily today and I do not have it under my achievements. Is it because I have PoF and for me it replaced it with a Bounty? If Boss is a daily, I should see it under options and have the option of doing that or something else right?

Wiki does not help, or this is a bug? My buddie didn't see Fire Elemental as an option either.

Anet screws you over if you paid for and bought the EXPs. All dailys don't show up or count if you bought the EXPs. You MUST do what Anet allows you to do! They restrict access to core dailys and force you to do the other crap you don't want to instead of making ALL dailys available to those that have bought all the EXPs and supported them all these years.

> @"Juguard.6751" said:

> So I'm not sure why this is, but Fire Elemental is a daily today and I do not have it under my achievements. Is it because I have PoF and for me it replaced it with a Bounty? If Boss is a daily, I should see it under options and have the option of doing that or something else right?

I think the Ele is today's JP/Minidungeon/Boss option only for those without any of the expacs. If you have HoT it should be Bugs in the Branches (adventure). If it's possible to have just PoF and not HoT (I'm not sure how that works), you might get a Bounty instead of the adventure, but Bounties are normally in the 2nd slot from the top of the list of dailies and are in the same pool as Mystic Forge, vistas, daily activity and a few others.

Having an expac just expands the pool of options. Though it does make it less likely to get some of the easier/quicker ones you might want on a given day.

> @"Blude.6812" said:

> Anet screws you over if you paid for and bought the EXPs. All dailys don't show up or count if you bought the EXPs. You MUST do what Anet allows you to do! They restrict access to core dailys and force you to do the other crap you don't want to instead of making ALL dailys available to those that have bought all the EXPs and supported them all these years.

More like they don't screw over those who don't have the expacs by giving them alternative dailies. Sadly sometimes one would prefer the alternatives.

Think there a set of PVE achievements if all your chars are lvl 1-79. Once hit 80 I think you get a different set. That's why some people will see the Daily fire Elemental. Can see an idea of what is possible based on the wiki [https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Daily](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Daily "https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Daily") Seems like there is a possible 7 options if lvl 80 and have both expansions.

> @"perilisk.1874" said:

> Would be nice if they just added an extra daily option for the expansions, rather than replacing core dailies.

I doubt they will. Because the dailies are there to get people all doing the same type of things, so pugs will naturally Ad-Hoc and cooperate by proximity. 2 are practically guaranteed to be easy solo tasks. Event completer it more time consuming, but we're talking like 10-15 minutes for most maps. So basically you have a 50/50 chance that Event completer will be faster then the "Other" category.

> @"Juguard.6751" said:

> Hmm, as I thought. They should really just give those people with expansions more options.

That would be a really nice change. On "expansion" days that don't have an easy WvW third alternative, I completely skip the dailies and log out.

I refuse to deal with Vabbi, the Desolation, or bounties in general-- and you can't make me, Anet ;)

> @"juhani.5361" said:

> > @"Juguard.6751" said:

> > Hmm, as I thought. They should really just give those people with expansions more options.

>

> That would be a really nice change. On "expansion" days that don't have an easy WvW third alternative, I completely skip the dailies and log out.

>

> I refuse to deal with Vabbi, the Desolation, or bounties in general-- and you can't make me, Anet ;)

They can't make you, but I'm not sure why someone wouldn't want to do simple dailies...and believe me, those are all simple ones that you listed(especially bounties, people are always doing bounties).

> @"Zaklex.6308" said:

> > @"juhani.5361" said:

> > > @"Juguard.6751" said:

> > > Hmm, as I thought. They should really just give those people with expansions more options.

> >

> > That would be a really nice change. On "expansion" days that don't have an easy WvW third alternative, I completely skip the dailies and log out.

> >

> > I refuse to deal with Vabbi, the Desolation, or bounties in general-- and you can't make me, Anet ;)

>

> They can't make you, but I'm not sure why someone wouldn't want to do simple dailies...and believe me, those are all simple ones that you listed(especially bounties, people are always doing bounties).

Hyperbole on my part. Bounties may be simple and relatively quick, but they're annoying and stressful with AOE and CC spam, visual clutter, and that horrid shrieky PoF battle music. I play games for storytime fun and to relax. Add in travel across some of the most unexplorable maps GW2 has produced just to reach said horrors, and you've got an exercise in frustration and annoyance.

One particular bounty had my husband asking me, "What's going on? I can't see anything," when he looked over at my screen. "I have no clue," I said. He started laughing.

These days, I'm mostly logging in to do BLC key chest runs once a week and the daily. I'm not doing those half the time now because of the expansion dailies. I'll do just about anything in Core Tyria, but HoT and PoF maps are pretty much a no-go beyond gathering or vistas.

> @"juhani.5361" said:

> > @"Zaklex.6308" said:

> > > @"juhani.5361" said:

> > > > @"Juguard.6751" said:

> > > > Hmm, as I thought. They should really just give those people with expansions more options.

> > >

> > > That would be a really nice change. On "expansion" days that don't have an easy WvW third alternative, I completely skip the dailies and log out.

> > >

> > > I refuse to deal with Vabbi, the Desolation, or bounties in general-- and you can't make me, Anet ;)

> >

> > They can't make you, but I'm not sure why someone wouldn't want to do simple dailies...and believe me, those are all simple ones that you listed(especially bounties, people are always doing bounties).

>

> Hyperbole on my part. Bounties may be simple and relatively quick, but they're annoying and stressful with AOE and CC spam, visual clutter, and that horrid shrieky PoF battle music. I play games for storytime fun and to relax. Add in travel across some of the most unexplorable maps GW2 has produced just to reach said horrors, and you've got an exercise in frustration and annoyance.

>

> One particular bounty had my husband asking me, "What's going on? I can't see anything," when he looked over at my screen. "I have no clue," I said. He started laughing.

>

> These days, I'm mostly logging in to do BLC key chest runs once a week and the daily. I'm not doing those half the time now because of the expansion dailies. I'll do just about anything in Core Tyria, but HoT and PoF maps are pretty much a no-go beyond gathering or vistas.

I don't really understand this one, you're fighting a Champion or Legendary so all you really need to know is whether or not you have it targeted and are hitting it...I guess people want to see in detail what is going on, but honestly, I've almost never had this problem, even when doing the hyena bounties which are stack and whack with 50 players around it. I can still see the creature amongst all the visual clutter(as people like to call it) that max settings create.

> @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> Bounty dailies are extra frustrating in that they always replace a *Vista Viewer*! Sure, they're still not exactly hard, but it's a *huge* difference between grabbing a quick vista and killing a champ!

So it's the difference between something that takes 30 seconds to a minute(depends on Vista) vs something that might take anywhere from 2 - 5 minutes to complete, 10 if you only have a semi-competent group doing the bounty. I wouldn't exactly call that a *huge* difference, unless you only have 5 or 10 minutes to play, in which case I wonder why people would even bother.

> @"Zaklex.6308" said:

> > @"juhani.5361" said:

> > > @"Zaklex.6308" said:

> > > > @"juhani.5361" said:

> > > > > @"Juguard.6751" said:

> > > > > Hmm, as I thought. They should really just give those people with expansions more options.

> > > >

> > > > That would be a really nice change. On "expansion" days that don't have an easy WvW third alternative, I completely skip the dailies and log out.

> > > >

> > > > I refuse to deal with Vabbi, the Desolation, or bounties in general-- and you can't make me, Anet ;)

> > >

> > > They can't make you, but I'm not sure why someone wouldn't want to do simple dailies...and believe me, those are all simple ones that you listed(especially bounties, people are always doing bounties).

> >

> > Hyperbole on my part. Bounties may be simple and relatively quick, but they're annoying and stressful with AOE and CC spam, visual clutter, and that horrid shrieky PoF battle music. I play games for storytime fun and to relax. Add in travel across some of the most unexplorable maps GW2 has produced just to reach said horrors, and you've got an exercise in frustration and annoyance.

> >

> > One particular bounty had my husband asking me, "What's going on? I can't see anything," when he looked over at my screen. "I have no clue," I said. He started laughing.

> >

> > These days, I'm mostly logging in to do BLC key chest runs once a week and the daily. I'm not doing those half the time now because of the expansion dailies. I'll do just about anything in Core Tyria, but HoT and PoF maps are pretty much a no-go beyond gathering or vistas.

>

> I don't really understand this one, you're fighting a Champion or Legendary so all you really need to know is whether or not you have it targeted and are hitting it...I guess people want to see in detail what is going on, but honestly, I've almost never had this problem, even when doing the hyena bounties which are stack and whack with 50 players around it. I can still see the creature amongst all the visual clutter(as people like to call it) that max settings create.

>

> > @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> > Bounty dailies are extra frustrating in that they always replace a *Vista Viewer*! Sure, they're still not exactly hard, but it's a *huge* difference between grabbing a quick vista and killing a champ!

>

> So it's the difference between something that takes 30 seconds to a minute(depends on Vista) vs something that might take anywhere from 2 - 5 minutes to complete, 10 if you only have a semi-competent group doing the bounty. I wouldn't exactly call that a *huge* difference, unless you only have 5 or 10 minutes to play, in which case I wonder why people would even bother.

>

Considering I lose both targeting and my mouse cursor in all the visual clutter and GW2 targeting weirdness, the "all you really need to know" part is pretty much the cause of the frustration ;) The particular bounty that I was talking about is that giant moa in Crystal Desert--heck if I know its name-- that continually flashes blinding white borders on all sides of the screen. For all I know, the sand shade yellow clutter I thought I was throwing at it did absolutely nothing amidst player particle effects, cosmetic shinies, combat effects, the bright sun, and endless glare. I could be wrong, though. Because I couldn't see _anything_. Like I said, I play to have fun. That wasn't fun. It was stressful. I may have done one bounty after it, but after that, I pretty much gave up.

You might not have a problem with the visual stuff, but I do. The numerous threads all over this forum to the same effect prove I'm not the only one. They cut into my fun and make things that should be enjoyable a tiring chore. I've already got plenty of chores in real life-- I don't need them in my games.