PvP should never be in the PvE daily rotation.

The OP also raised the idea that the old system was easier, because there were more choices. That's not entirely accurate.

* The new system requires only three dailies and have four options per game mode.

* The old system in place in 2014 required five dailies, of which six were PvE-oriented, two were WvW, and two were PvP. Some PvE options were trivial (daily ambient), but some were not (daily story completer, dungeon completer).

* The system in place in 2013 was more convoluted, involving multiple tiers for each daily. For a time, **all five** dailies had to be completed.

For PvE-focused players, 5 of 6 means only ~16% optional while the current 3 of 4 means 25% optional. In both cases, if you do PvE-only, you can and could only skip a single PvE daily.

Plus, the current system has been in place over two years. The "I liked the old system" ship has sailed. It would be better to describe instead the system you'd prefer.

tl;dr the old system wasn't objectively "easier" or "better;" it was just different.

##### Additional Reading

* [Original Functionality](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Daily/History#Original_functionality)

* [Early 2013](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Daily/History#Weekly_rotation)

* [2013 & Early 2014](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Daily/History#Daily_choices)

* [2014 Overhaul](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Daily/History#Combined_daily_overhaul)

* [2014 Wintersday Overhaul](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Daily/History#Daily_log-in_rewards_overhaul) and [the supporting blog entry](https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/introducing-the-new-daily-achievement-system/)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> Anyway, it's irrelevant how you call it.

That's my point — it does't fit neatly into any category, so ANet can call it whatever they want. It's not PvP in the sense that PvP players think of PvP. It's not strictly PvE either.

Accordingly, the arbitrary criterion of "it is accessible from PvE maps" is just as good a reason as any to have it count for PvE dailies. Of course, some people don't like Activities at all (and I can't exactly blame them), but some don't like dungeons either, and that, too, is a daily.

The issue isn't with the classification; the problem is that some people don't like it and want an excuse for ANet to remove it, one that they can claim is somehow more objective. ANet isn't likely to be swayed by the strawman argument, when the issue is preference.

As long as there are only four dailies in the category to choose from, there are always going to be people who like less than the minimum three required. Then the question is: should there be enough choices so that no one ever feels compelled to step out of their comfort zone? Or is it okay to ask people to stretch, since the reward is 2g (and 10 AP for a huge fraction of players).

Threads like this show why GW2 is the best game out there at the moment. You've got people doing the equivalent of complaining their Ferrari* doesn't go fast enough.

I think you'll live, OP, if you have the option if you want to possibly throw a keg to another player. Somehow, just somehow, I think you'll live.

*Fun fact, electric cars blow Ferraris out of the goddang water in 0-60s, all you oil-lovers. My 80 year old dad can out race you guys in your tricked out Mustangs twice over.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > Anyway, it's irrelevant how you call it.

>

> That's my point — it does't fit neatly into any category, so ANet can call it whatever they want. It's not PvP in the sense that PvP players think of PvP. It's not strictly PvE either.

>

> Accordingly, the arbitrary criterion of "it is accessible from PvE maps" is just as good a reason as any to have it count for PvE dailies. Of course, some people don't like Activities at all (and I can't exactly blame them), but some don't like dungeons either, and that, too, is a daily.

>

> The issue isn't with the classification; the problem is that some people don't like it and want an excuse for ANet to remove it, one that they can claim is somehow more objective. ANet isn't likely to be swayed by the strawman argument, when the issue is preference.

>

> As long as there are only four dailies in the category to choose from, there are always going to be people who like less than the minimum three required. Then the question is: should there be enough choices so that no one ever feels compelled to step out of their comfort zone? Or is it okay to ask people to stretch, since the reward is 2g (and 10 AP for a huge fraction of players).

I think you are confused. I didn't come here to discuss if it's pvp daily or not, I came to correct other user who confused adventures and activities. Everything else is irrelevant as it most likely won't get changed by anet (or even considered).

Sometimes the options for the 3 daily tasks are meh at best. We have situations where two of the four PVE dalies are just chores. And if you are not using WvWvW or PvP, you are screwed. Removing certain tasks from the list is always questionable. You will always find a person who is totally fine with it. None of us can say what the majority of the community prefers or not, because we just don't know. We do not have research-data, so it is pointless to argue with this. But I think there is more than one way to solve this problem.

**How about more daily options?** (a few ideas)

- I am not raiding and I do not like that content, but I would like to see a daily-raid, with bonus shards in the chest.

- Back in the old dailies we had the JP discoverer daily option for a short period of time, which required you to just find the secret entrance.

- A daily transformation might be fun as well. Lion's Arch is large. Choose a location with some space and place an object that grants random costume brawl transformations. The daily is fulfilled upon the transformation. Those who want to fight each other and get the costume brawl achievements can stay, the rest can proceed with their adventures. If the location is well chosen, it would give Lion's Arch an new attraction.

- Talking about Lion's Arch, although it would be time gated, having a /dance in the Shadow Inn dance hall, could also be a funny task.

- A proof of honor, by /bow in front of one of the cultural leaders inside their instances.

- I would like to see a Quaggan related daily, as we have not seen a single one in PoF so far :S. Let's say the daily CooOOOoo requires you to aid Quaggans, participating in a successful event about Quaggans in any map in central Tyria. We do not have to limit it to Quaggans, we could use all of the allied tribes.

- We could also do some sort of mini-slayer achievements. The daily moa-hunter could require to slay a blue, crimson, green, golden, pink and white moa.

- Years ago I hosted a guild-event, which required the participants to aquire a certain piece of trash. One of the tasks was to obtain a Fire Stone, a Warm Stone and a Hot Stone. Those trash items cannot be purchased on TP and are soulbound on acquisition. That is why I used them for that event. But I think the idea could be used for dailies as well ^^.

- Daily crafts could be nice as well. Nothing difficult. Just craft x items as a [profession]. You can convert luck as an Artificer, cook some consumables, refine linseed oil from flax or craft any pieces of gear.

- With the new chair-sitting, we could have a "You sit it out" daily, which requires you to /sit on 3 different chairs XD.

... I could go on and on. The possibilities are endless.

So instead of arguing what suits into the group and what not. We could just add a lot more optional tasks to the PVE list. Picking from four seems ok for WvWvW and PvP. But PVE is so much larger and has so much content to offer. Only four tasks are a bit less.

> @"SageLukahn.6705" said:

> > @"CptAurellian.9537" said:

> > There are four PvE dailies. Do the other three if you don't like the activity one.

>

> And this is why the daily system is kinda crap. We used to have TONS of options for dailies. So many you often would just get a bonus for playing normally. Now it's a list of daily chores that you have to go WAY out of your way to do.

>

> Also, I did 2/3 of the others, but I don't have access to the stupid dungeon because this game has no proper matchmaking system (it's 2018, for realz, there is no excuse for not having a dungeon queue). Though some people say doing story mode counts towards it, I dunno about that. Finding a group to do story mode is nigh impossible anyway.

>

> All this is completely besides the point. There should NEVER be a PvP focused thing in the PvE daily. If you like the PvP stuff that's perfectly fine, there's plenty of that in the game for you. I don't. I want to play PvE.

Story mode 100% definitely counts. I didn't have CM unlocked on my 2nd account so I trudged through it and was surprised when I got the daily chest when I finished.

> @"gateless gate.8406" said:

>

> Nigh impossible? I recently completed every dungeon's story mode. All my groups filled in less than 10 minutes. Try solving the challenge in front of you instead of demanding that challenges be changed.

How? I've literally never seen story mode advertised in the LFG tool. Heck, right now the LFG tool is empty for Caudecus's Manor and it's the freaking daily.

> The OP also raised the idea that the old system was easier, because there were more choices. That's not entirely accurate.

> * The new system requires only three dailies and have four options per game mode.

> * The old system in place in 2014 required five dailies, of which six were PvE-oriented, two were WvW, and two were PvP. Some PvE options were trivial (daily ambient), but some were not (daily story completer, dungeon completer).

> * The system in place in 2013 was more convoluted, involving multiple tiers for each daily. For a time, **all five** dailies had to be completed.

>

> For PvE-focused players, 5 of 6 means only ~16% optional while the current 3 of 4 means 25% optional. In both cases, if you do PvE-only, you can and could only skip a single PvE daily.

>

> Plus, the current system has been in place over two years. The "I liked the old system" ship has sailed. It would be better to describe instead the system you'd prefer.

>

> tl;dr the old system wasn't objectively "easier" or "better;" it was just different.

>

> ****

> ##### Additional Reading

> * [Original Functionality](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Daily/History#Original_functionality)

> * [Early 2013](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Daily/History#Weekly_rotation)

> * [2013 & Early 2014](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Daily/History#Daily_choices)

> * [2014 Overhaul](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Daily/History#Combined_daily_overhaul)

> * [2014 Wintersday Overhaul](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Daily/History#Daily_log-in_rewards_overhaul) and [the supporting blog entry](https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/introducing-the-new-daily-achievement-system/)

The original system didn't require you to complete 5/6 options. It just gave you bonuses every day for playing normally. there were so many things that counted towards it, you rarely had to focus on doing them, they just happened as a consequence of normal play. Now, is that objectively better? We could likely have a long discussion about it, but it certainly wasn't broken, and was objectively less restrictive than the current system.

> As long as there are only four dailies in the category to choose from, there are always going to be people who like less than the minimum three required. Then the question is: should there be enough choices so that no one ever feels compelled to step out of their comfort zone? Or is it okay to ask people to stretch, since the reward is 2g (and 10 AP for a huge fraction of players).

Asking a player to step out of their comfort zone is one thing, asking a PvE only player to do PvP is a whole other thing. There's a reason the game keeps those things VERY separate in most other categories. The player base often is just like "try it though, it's fine" but they don't seem to understand that some of us REALLY REALLY DO NOT LIKE IT. No, really, I don't like PvP. I'm not good at it, it's stressful, it's not fun, no thanks.

PvP in this game is apparently like dancing. To quote Jon Richardson "If you say you don't drink, people just say 'Oh that's fine, you don't have to drink'; but if you say you don't like dancing people pack around you and ply you with alcohol until you are so drunk you do it against your will. It's assault, is what it is."

> Asking a player to step out of their comfort zone is one thing, asking a PvE only player to do PvP is a whole other thing.

You do understand that to finish the daily activity you only have to talk to an NPC select the option to join then afk until it's finished?

> > @"gateless gate.8406" said:

> >

> > Nigh impossible? I recently completed every dungeon's story mode. All my groups filled in less than 10 minutes. Try solving the challenge in front of you instead of demanding that challenges be changed.

>

> How? I've literally never seen story mode advertised in the LFG tool. Heck, right now the LFG tool is empty for Caudecus's Manor and it's the freaking daily.

>

Read up on the history in the wiki; it predates LFG.

PS the reason CM doesn't show up in LFG is that parties fill up quickly.

> The original system didn't require you to complete 5/6 options. It just gave you bonuses every day for playing normally.

It required a minimum of 5 dailies for the daily achievement. You could do more than 5, but five was the minimum. Again, read up on the history.

> there were so many things that counted towards it, you rarely had to focus on doing them, they just happened as a consequence of normal play.

No, there were six PvE options per day. You had to do five to get the achievement.

> Now, is that objectively better? We could likely have a long discussion about it, but it certainly wasn't broken, and was objectively less restrictive than the current system.

It wasn't "objectively less restrictive;" it was differently restrictive.

I'm not arguing about whether it was broken or not; I'm pointing out that it wasn't as different as people are remembering.

> > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > As long as there are only four dailies in the category to choose from, there are always going to be people who like less than the minimum three required. Then the question is: should there be enough choices so that no one ever feels compelled to step out of their comfort zone? Or is it okay to ask people to stretch, since the reward is 2g (and 10 AP for a huge fraction of players).

>

> Asking a player to step out of their comfort zone is one thing, asking a PvE only player to do PvP is a whole other thing.

Again, you're not required to do "PvP." You have a choice of four, at most one of which is an activity 2-3x/month.

There is no logical category in which to place Activities. They aren't PvP; they aren't PvE. It's arbitrary where to put them, so using "access via PvE maps" as a criterion is just as reasonable as any others.

> There's a reason the game keeps those things VERY separate in most other categories. The player base often is just like "try it though, it's fine" but they don't seem to understand that some of us REALLY REALLY DO NOT LIKE IT. No, really, I don't like PvP. I'm not good at it, it's stressful, it's not fun, no thanks.

Some people really do not like dungeons, and yet that's also a PvE daily, a few times a month.

> PvP in this game is apparently like dancing.

So don't do activities. That leaves three other dailies.

> To quote Jon Richardson "If you say you don't drink, people just say 'Oh that's fine, you don't have to drink'; but if you say you don't like dancing people pack around you and ply you with alcohol until you are so drunk you do it against your will."

No one is "plying you with Activities." And it's not "against your will." It's your choice: don't do activities if you really really don't like them.

> "It's assault, is what it is."

Including that phrase rhetorically undermines everything else you're trying to point out. It's an optional achievement in a game. Nothing much changes if you skip a day, whether because you don't like two of the four options or RL intervenes.

A. You've missed the point of that hilarious quote entirely. Whoosh.

B. The original daily system literally says on the wiki "Achieving all four did not yield another bonus". You are talking about a daily system that was implemented later.>

C. Well:

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> Read up on the history in the wiki; it predates LFG.

> PS the reason CM doesn't show up in LFG is that parties fill up quickly.

If that's really why then all the more reason to have a proper queue. This really is a separate discussion though.

> @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> > @"SageLukahn.6705" said:

> > Asking a player to step out of their comfort zone is one thing, asking a PvE only player to do PvP is a whole other thing.

>

> You do understand that to finish the daily activity you only have to talk to an NPC select the option to join then afk until it's finished?

That is not the case based on the wiki from what I understand. The wiki is only so helpful though. Either way I fail to see why the ability to "AFK" it is a compelling argument for keeping it in the rotation.

Activities, such as Crab Toss and the Norn one aren't true PvP. THey're more of a contest to do something while avoiding the other guy. How the OP thinks it's a PvP thing, I don't get. It's literally 2-3 minutes of your gaming life anyway so what's the problem? If you don't like them, skip them for a day and do without the 2g.

> @"Sinful.2165" said:

> I don’t understand why the OP thinks having PvP dailies available somehow impedes them from participating only in the PvE dailies that they are interested in?

>

> ... lol? this is a joke post, right?

... no. I couldn't care less about what the pvp dailies are. The problem is there are pvp activities in the pve daily rotation.

> @"Ashabhi.1365" said:

> Activities, such as Crab Toss and the Norn one aren't true PvP. THey're more of a contest to do something while avoiding the other guy. How the OP thinks it's a PvP thing, I don't get. It's literally 2-3 minutes of your gaming life anyway so what's the problem? If you don't like them, skip them for a day and do without the 2g.

Is it the end of the world? No. After all it really is just a game at the end of the day. Does that mean PvP stuff belongs in the PvE daily rotation? No.

> > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > @"lokh.2695" said:

> > > The adventures are hardly PvP content. Yes, it seems like you're competing with other players, but that happens on a list of numbers that doesn't do anything and that you can easily ignore.

> >

> > He talks about activities (which are indeed pvp), not adventures.

>

> There's only one activity that involves "player versus player" combat (Southsun Survivor). They are _competitive_, in the sense that someone wins, but they aren't PvP in the sense of players fighting each other. So they don't really fit neatly into our poorly-defined three categories.

>

> The reason it's appropriate to place in the in the PvE rotation is that they take place in PvE maps. The WvW dailies take place in WvW maps, even though half of them don't involved contact with enemy players (and a few don't even have much impact on the enemy at all).

>

> tl;dr Activities aren't PvP or PvE; they take place in PvE maps, so it's least-bad to make them part of that rotation.

I mean it doesn’t even matter if you win right? Only that you participated.

> @"HnRkLnXqZ.1870" said:

> Sometimes the options for the 3 daily tasks are meh at best. We have situations where two of the four PVE dalies are just chores. And if you are not using WvWvW or PvP, you are screwed. Removing certain tasks from the list is always questionable. You will always find a person who is totally fine with it. None of us can say what the majority of the community prefers or not, because we just don't know. We do not have research-data, so it is pointless to argue with this. But I think there is more than one way to solve this problem.

>

> **How about more daily options?** (a few ideas)

>

> - I am not raiding and I do not like that content, but I would like to see a daily-raid, with bonus shards in the chest.

>

> - Back in the old dailies we had the JP discoverer daily option for a short period of time, which required you to just find the secret entrance.

>

> - A daily transformation might be fun as well. Lion's Arch is large. Choose a location with some space and place an object that grants random costume brawl transformations. The daily is fulfilled upon the transformation. Those who want to fight each other and get the costume brawl achievements can stay, the rest can proceed with their adventures. If the location is well chosen, it would give Lion's Arch an new attraction.

>

> - Talking about Lion's Arch, although it would be time gated, having a /dance in the Shadow Inn dance hall, could also be a funny task.

>

> - A proof of honor, by /bow in front of one of the cultural leaders inside their instances.

>

> - I would like to see a Quaggan related daily, as we have not seen a single one in PoF so far :S. Let's say the daily CooOOOoo requires you to aid Quaggans, participating in a successful event about Quaggans in any map in central Tyria. We do not have to limit it to Quaggans, we could use all of the allied tribes.

>

> - We could also do some sort of mini-slayer achievements. The daily moa-hunter could require to slay a blue, crimson, green, golden, pink and white moa.

>

> - Years ago I hosted a guild-event, which required the participants to aquire a certain piece of trash. One of the tasks was to obtain a Fire Stone, a Warm Stone and a Hot Stone. Those trash items cannot be purchased on TP and are soulbound on acquisition. That is why I used them for that event. But I think the idea could be used for dailies as well ^^.

>

> - Daily crafts could be nice as well. Nothing difficult. Just craft x items as a [profession]. You can convert luck as an Artificer, cook some consumables, refine linseed oil from flax or craft any pieces of gear.

>

> - With the new chair-sitting, we could have a "You sit it out" daily, which requires you to /sit on 3 different chairs XD.

>

> ... I could go on and on. The possibilities are endless.

>

> So instead of arguing what suits into the group and what not. We could just add a lot more optional tasks to the PVE list. Picking from four seems ok for WvWvW and PvP. But PVE is so much larger and has so much content to offer. Only four tasks are a bit less.

>

>

>

I already thumbed up to your daily suggestions, so here's a standing ovation <3 All of these sound like they could be fun :)

> @"juhani.5361" said:

> > @"HnRkLnXqZ.1870" said:

> > Sometimes the options for the 3 daily tasks are meh at best. We have situations where two of the four PVE dalies are just chores. And if you are not using WvWvW or PvP, you are screwed. Removing certain tasks from the list is always questionable. You will always find a person who is totally fine with it. None of us can say what the majority of the community prefers or not, because we just don't know. We do not have research-data, so it is pointless to argue with this. But I think there is more than one way to solve this problem.

> >

> > **How about more daily options?** (a few ideas)

> >

> > - I am not raiding and I do not like that content, but I would like to see a daily-raid, with bonus shards in the chest.

> >

> > - Back in the old dailies we had the JP discoverer daily option for a short period of time, which required you to just find the secret entrance.

> >

> > - A daily transformation might be fun as well. Lion's Arch is large. Choose a location with some space and place an object that grants random costume brawl transformations. The daily is fulfilled upon the transformation. Those who want to fight each other and get the costume brawl achievements can stay, the rest can proceed with their adventures. If the location is well chosen, it would give Lion's Arch an new attraction.

> >

> > - Talking about Lion's Arch, although it would be time gated, having a /dance in the Shadow Inn dance hall, could also be a funny task.

> >

> > - A proof of honor, by /bow in front of one of the cultural leaders inside their instances.

> >

> > - I would like to see a Quaggan related daily, as we have not seen a single one in PoF so far :S. Let's say the daily CooOOOoo requires you to aid Quaggans, participating in a successful event about Quaggans in any map in central Tyria. We do not have to limit it to Quaggans, we could use all of the allied tribes.

> >

> > - We could also do some sort of mini-slayer achievements. The daily moa-hunter could require to slay a blue, crimson, green, golden, pink and white moa.

> >

> > - Years ago I hosted a guild-event, which required the participants to aquire a certain piece of trash. One of the tasks was to obtain a Fire Stone, a Warm Stone and a Hot Stone. Those trash items cannot be purchased on TP and are soulbound on acquisition. That is why I used them for that event. But I think the idea could be used for dailies as well ^^.

> >

> > - Daily crafts could be nice as well. Nothing difficult. Just craft x items as a [profession]. You can convert luck as an Artificer, cook some consumables, refine linseed oil from flax or craft any pieces of gear.

> >

> > - With the new chair-sitting, we could have a "You sit it out" daily, which requires you to /sit on 3 different chairs XD.

> >

> > ... I could go on and on. The possibilities are endless.

> >

> > So instead of arguing what suits into the group and what not. We could just add a lot more optional tasks to the PVE list. Picking from four seems ok for WvWvW and PvP. But PVE is so much larger and has so much content to offer. Only four tasks are a bit less.

> >

> >

> >

>

> I already thumbed up to your daily suggestions, so here's a standing ovation <3 All of these sound like they could be fun :)

oh shit I forgot to reply to this guy. Yes, this kind of stuff. Yes prz. More variety, more choices per day.

> That is not the case based on the wiki from what I understand. The wiki is only so helpful though. Either way I fail to see why the ability to "AFK" it is a compelling argument for keeping it in the rotation.

It's a compelling argument for two reasons:

a) It's not actual PVP because you don't fight other players, with the only exception of Southsun Survival, you don't have to touch other players or compete with them to get the daily done. And in Southsun Survival you can die instantly and just wait for the timer to expire or someone else to win. There is zero competition required so putting it in PVP dailies wouldn't make any sense, plus it doesn't take place in the Heart of the Mists.

b) Even if you can "afk" to get the daily, you will be exposed to the activity and some players might end up liking it, so it's a win for the game. Activities are unique in the game, they are a way to pass the time, they also offer some extra achievements for those that want more AP.

It's the easiest/fastest daily by far so I don't understand why you want it removed.

I personally don't think that the Daily Activity is true PvP, although I can certainly see where the OP is coming from. Often the Daily Activity doesn't really require you to do any actual "PvP" at all. For Crab Toss, simply joining the arena and getting rolled over by a karka is enough for you to get counted for participation. For Southsun, you can just search a few salvages and then straight up suicide (jump off a cliff if you don't like other players killing you). then wait around till the end of the match. Most other players don't even bother you in Sanctum Sprint, and for Keg Brawl, simply joining the match and staying till the end is enough to get participation.

That said, I would be in favour of having more daily options for people to complete. Having more choice is never a bad thing.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> So, do one of the easy WvW Dailies. There's rarely any contact with another player.

This. WvW has the fastest dailies, and I'm always happy to see them when it's Tedious PvE Daily Day. Get the portable provisioner, and you can do Big Spender in literally 5 seconds from anywhere (even PvE maps), as long as it's in your inventory. This requires Badges of Honour though, but I think achievement point chests reward them, so you should have plenty even if you don't WvW.

Master of Monuments and Veteran Creature Slayer are also super-fast when you learn how they work and there'll rarely be any contact with enemy players, especially on quieter hours.

> @"flog.3485" said:

> I think the OP misunderstood the idea behind dailies.

No, it's you choosing to ignore how the dailies are structured.

There are THREE categories of dailies, TWO for PVPers and ONE for PVEers, the OP is pointing out that sometimes the PVE group contains a PVP event.

So PVPers already have TWICE the choice of non-PVPers, who choice is eliminated entirely when these PVP 'activities' are foistered upon us.

While I sympathize with the OP’s complaint of PvP elements in the PvE dailies my belief is that it’s deliberate. The majority of players in this game are PvE players. By putting PvP/WvW options in front of PvE players in the form of Activities and the PvE elements in WvW (killing Veteran mobs) ANet hopes to pull more players into sPvP and WvW. Restricting PvE choices so that more PvE players venture into PvP/WvW even at this most basic level is a business decision and they’re not likely to change since having more players play all aspects of the game is better for them.

> @"Kraggy.4169" said:

> > @"flog.3485" said:

> > I think the OP misunderstood the idea behind dailies.

>

> No, it's you choosing to ignore how the dailies are structured.

>

> There are THREE categories of dailies, TWO for PVPers and ONE for PVEers, the OP is pointing out that sometimes the PVE group contains a PVP event.

>

> So PVPers already have TWICE the choice of non-PVPers, who choice is eliminated entirely when these PVP 'activities' are foistered upon us.

>

WvW and PvP are two different game modes.

One can complete dailies in both of those game modes without ever engaging in actual player vs player conflict. One can even complete WvW dailies without ever entering the game mode.

One can complete the activity daily without ever leaving PvE maps and without ever engaging in player vs player conflict.

> @"Mea.5491" said:

> I disagree. I'm a PvE player but still do the PvP dailies in unranked because I can often do all 3 in like 10 minutes.

I believe the OP's point was to have the "Daily Actitivity Participant" removed from the PvE tab and added to the PvP tab instead, because they consider it PvP (and obviously don't enjoy doing it).

I find the current status quo okay, though.