Would you pay for the Hall of Heroes(8v8) and GVG from GW1.

These things should already be in the game. I mean gw2 is a legacy game of gw1 is it not? They share the same name guild wars and are set in the same universe just years later. If i have to pay for what was in the original game i will but i wouldnt be happy about it at all. I personally like to spend my money on new content not something that was thought up and implemented years ago in an older title.

Dont get me wrong here i would absolutely love to see and 8v8 hoh in gw2

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> How’s 8v8 GvG any different than 8v8 sPvP?

GvG in GW1 was done in Guild Halls and the objectives were a lot different. The group of 8 had to split a lot for different objectives. Hall of Heroes was an 8v8 where teams fought each other to move up the ladder of the tournament. At the end of the tournament there was a 3 way where they fight to win. Winners got rewarded with a special end chest which dropped rare items that were worth thousands of gold. In HoH it wasn't just a fight, you had to complete objectives too. The game modes were really fun and competitive. sPvP in GW2 only has conquest. GW1 had a lot more variety in PvP objectives.

To be honest, we had a view of what GvG could be in this game with Stronghold mode. Since that one was a huge fail, i don't believe GvG would be better frankly..

Hall of heroes could be interesting. The GW1 format with ghostly hero wouldn't be good because of the condition overload.

However if we made it like :

- After 5 consecutive wins in solo queue , teams are awaiting for a match against holding team. Note that potentially teams can skip directly to face the holding team

- Winning team becomes holding team, which gives an advantage to guild members, more rating points, and one exclusive chest

This would require very few development, be good at making top players play and rewarding them. But i believe this should have come a few years ago, it might be too late now..

I voted yes because I desperately want new game modes. Though this won’t work that you have pay to unlock a pvp mode. I would pay to support them working on a new mode but not to unlock it. It’s impossible to lock out players of a mode who can’t/don’t want to pay for it.

> @"Nash.3974" said:

> I voted yes because I desperately want new game modes. Though this won’t work that you have pay to unlock a pvp mode. I would pay to support them working on a new mode but not to unlock it. It’s impossible to lock out players of a mode who can’t/don’t want to pay for it.

Same lol. I really hope that Anet sees the demand in new PvP modes with some kind of ladder.

Voted no, not because I won't like it but because I can't see how it would work.

If the reason you're interested in GvG is to be similar to GW1: long fights at flag stand trying to push each others, splitting to gank enemy base or to defend your base, flag runner running flags, it simply won't be there, GW2 combat system won't allow that.

Like Abazigal said, ANet tried it with Stronghold, it didn't work.