Prices for mounts?

SmirkDog.3160

250g all up for a Griffon mount is ridiculous, so you can make 250g that easy - yeah sure you can four months of dailies to get the gold yeah like I want to waste that much time, really do not understand why make you jump through hoops to get it, just make me pay the amount and give it too me, why put all this sunspear meta BS associated with it if it's cost is greater then the gold most people have, really who comes up with these BRAIN DEAD IDEAS and actually gets paid for it? Either make it high cost without the meta BS of getting it or make it LOW cost and put all this meta crap with it. Seriously I won't be buying it, if its going to take all of my gold I've saved up, I only play here and there so I don't have oddles of gold, really anet you need to get a grip on the reality of stupid money/time sinks like this garbage and understand your actual player demographic that about 10% of players can afford it off the bat, while a majority of players can not. So either lower the price or get rid of the meta garbage associated with it, really how is the jackel mount 20G but this is 250G, that's WHOOPING 1150% mark up price from the last mount, STUPID, STUPID, STUPID.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @sCORps.6835 said:

> 250g all up for a Griffon mount is ridiculous, so you can make 250g that easy - yeah sure you can four months of dailies to get the gold yeah like I want to waste that much time, really do not understand why make you jump through hoops to get it, just make me pay the amount and give it too me, why put all this sunspear meta BS associated with it if it's cost is greater then the gold most people have, really who comes up with these BRAIN DEAD IDEAS and actually gets paid for it? Either make it high cost without the meta BS of getting it or make it LOW cost and put all this meta crap with it. Seriously I won't be buying it, if its going to take all of my gold I've saved up, I only play here and there so I don't have oddles of gold, really anet you need to get a grip on the reality of stupid money/time sinks like this garbage and understand your actual player demographic that about 10% of players can afford it off the bat, while a majority of players can not. So either lower the price or get rid of the meta garbage associated with it, really how is the jackel mount 20G but this is 250G, that's WHOOPING 1150% mark up price from the last mount, STUPID, STUPID, STUPID.

The point is, you don't need the Griffon, it's a luxury item. Some people will pay in store to get the gold, others will earn it in game, and plenty others just won't get a griffin. It's like in life, you can drive an economy car for $10,000 or $150,000 on a Porsche, can't complain you don't get a Porsche, you don't need one, it's a luxury item and not everyone will have one...

I'm just kinda surprised at how many complaints about things having a cost there are. Just by doing stuff in game one gets gold or can get gold by selling items/mats, etc. And y'know, one can budget gold or whatever...like choose not to spend it on getting that precursor or whatever and save it to get the items from high to low priority/desire. Kind of whiny, especially with things that one doesn't even need. i.e. griffon mount. Yeah sure, you might need the first few mounts, but those are dirt cheap. You can get by without the jackal for most of the content. Only one place I can think of that you NEED the jackal, and that's getting under the Boneyard for the mastery point.

• 3 months later...

> @"Vladish.3940" said:

> Personally I am never getting jackal of the griffon mounts. In five years of CASUAL gaming, I have never been over 2g mark. At this point I don't know if I will be even able to afford a skimmer :/ Not everyone is interested in fractals or raids, or farming. Some of us only play story elements, and I mean, exclusively those. And there is nowhere near enough gold to be made there.

Mate, I can just be doing normal clearing doing the hearts, maybe join in on a mission or 2. Sell the stuff on the black lion and get 2-3G in like 2 hrs. If you only sell to a vendor you get nothing. But people buy for ridiculous prices on the black lion, just sell there and you get gold a lot quicker.

> @"Raldrid.4179" said:

> > @"Vladish.3940" said:

> > Personally I am never getting jackal of the griffon mounts. In five years of CASUAL gaming, I have never been over 2g mark. At this point I don't know if I will be even able to afford a skimmer :/ Not everyone is interested in fractals or raids, or farming. Some of us only play story elements, and I mean, exclusively those. And there is nowhere near enough gold to be made there.

>

> Mate, I can just be doing normal clearing doing the hearts, maybe join in on a mission or 2. Sell the stuff on the black lion and get 2-3G in like 2 hrs. If you only sell to a vendor you get nothing. But people buy for ridiculous prices on the black lion, just sell there and you get gold a lot quicker.

It honestly sounds like the Vladish chap is actively avoiding making gold by ignoring anything but the main quest. However, the story provides rewards like unidentified gear which can be TPed.

I don't know about others in game, but I consider myself fairly casual and struggle to fathom exactly how somebody stays under 2g after 5 years of play. I mean where do you drop all your earned gold? Do you spend every penny on mining picks and then destroy them?

jackiechanconfusedface.jpg

@ thread topic - mount prices are perfectly fine IMO - it's a one-time, account-wide investment, the most expensive mounts are non-essential and was partly created to take some gold out of the economy (I believe).

Note: MO posted on Sep 27th that 25,000 griffons had been acquired by that date. This equates to 6,875,000g removed from economy (if you are also counting pre-griffon mounts) and we know that that figure has only risen since.

I'll offer two thoughts, hopefully to provide some perspective.

* World of Warcraft charges for expansions, and for renting access to the game. When I played it (BC/Wrath), gold was much harder to come by than in GW2. Flying mounts did not cost a lot of gold, but the flying license/manual/whatever did cost 250g.

* MMO's by their nature are time sinks, and contain many things where progress or rewards are gated behind requirements which take time to satisfy -- often a lot of time.

> @"rwolf.9571" said:

> > @"ProverbsofHell.2307" said:

> > Read the topic, considered formulating a serious response... and realised the OP is literally just a foaming-at-the-mouth troll and we're the fools entertaining him.

>

> That and somebody resurrecting a dead thread. The last post was in oct until today.

Which is always super puzzling to me.

Sometimes people make a new discussion based on a current one that's either right down the 1st page a little or just at the top of page 2...

Then there's those that somehow find these topics that died months ago and somehow resurrect them.

Not even Joko has that kind of awakening powers, I don't think.

My friends have an issue with the cost...they play maybe 1-2 hours per WEEK. I get at least 5g a day just form doing open world events, dailies, and a little bit of HoT metas on the side, and i dont have the most efficient gear, nor do i intensely grind anything. I don't see the issue...I had jackal by day 2, griffon by day 7 on release, and i had only been playing for a month at that point and still had full soldiers gear. I grinded nearly 300g in a week to afford all that, i only needed to sell a little on day 2 to have the 25g that day. I don't see the issue O.o if the game gave us everything we wanted instantly we wouldn't play it.

> @"rwolf.9571" said:

> > @"ProverbsofHell.2307" said:

> > Read the topic, considered formulating a serious response... and realised the OP is literally just a foaming-at-the-mouth troll and we're the fools entertaining him.

>

> That and somebody resurrecting a dead thread. The last post was in oct until today.

![](https://i.imgur.com/54vG5qG.jpg "")

> @"Dashiva.6149" said:

> > @"rwolf.9571" said:

> > > @"ProverbsofHell.2307" said:

> > > Read the topic, considered formulating a serious response... and realised the OP is literally just a foaming-at-the-mouth troll and we're the fools entertaining him.

> >

> > That and somebody resurrecting a dead thread. The last post was in oct until today.

>

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/54vG5qG.jpg "")

>

Plz, no tap....

> @"Boysenberry.1869" said:

> There's some odd comments going on in this thread now about only playing certain things. If you only play 10% of the game, you only get 10% of the rewards. If you want more, play more. It's all choice.

It's a game... to have fun. Why force people to do things they don't find enjoyable? They'll just stop playing.