[Video] Power Mirage outnumbered WvW Roaming -No Downstate Event

> @"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:

> is the interupt mirage build you are refering too running infinite horizon sword/pistol ?

you mean the build link in the vid description to my mirage build/ guide? no this build is the same i run in the vid, so yes infinite horizon trait just with torch but you can run it with pistol too. good in duels but harder to escape from ganks and zergs because one less stealth.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Jazz.4639" said:

> > @"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:

> > is the interupt mirage build you are refering too running infinite horizon sword/pistol ?

>

> you mean the build link in the vid description to my mirage build/ guide? no this build is the same i run in the vid, so yes infinite horizon trait just with torch but you can run it with pistol too. good in duels but harder to escape from ganks and zergs because one less stealth.

sorry, i was replying to @Shagaliscious.6281

> @"Jazz.4639" said:

> > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > > @"Jazz.4639" said:

> > > > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > > > > @"Jazz.4639" said:

> > > > > > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > > > > > > @"Jazz.4639" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Specialka.7290" said:

> > > > > > > > What are they waiting for the nerf of that class? I mean, one of the best burst in pvp with the most survability while being the most forgiving with the best passive defense.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > my build avoids every broken or easy live stuff on purpose, not a single passive, not forgoving at all, no stunbreak on dodge trait, no inspi or chaosline carry, not even for oneshot aiming dmg mulitplier. its a tactical tool needs to be played with an eye for animations because you need to Interrupt keyskills, you need to do way more to get ppl down than the standard gs2 burst combo. im a pure challenge player, i would never use a build that carries my kitten. when you have problems to kill this build on anything else than a no retri rev or a staff zerk ele than its a l2p issue. sry to say it that hard but im tired of getting flamed for playing mesmer even tho the build i use is not lame or op at all and that on purpose. anyway thx for watching still.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Sorry but I cannot agree with your statement on this being a challenging build to play. My buddy runs a similar interrupt mirage build, he also doesn't run the stun break on dodge, and he shared it with all of our guildies, and 2 people that have never really played mirage, and admittedly are mediocre players, can easily 2v1 with an interrupt mirage.

> > > > >

> > > > > that doesnt prove anything it depends on how good the enemies were, mesmer always is strong and easy vs unexperienced or weak player even when the mesmer itself isnt that good either.

> > > >

> > > > It proves that people that aren't real familiar with mesmer can run an interrupt build and win duels, even outnumbered fights. If that doesn't prove anything, then as someone who has duel'ed my buddy on my sw/d weaver, I can say it's more frustrating to fight then a shatter mesmer, and almost as frustrating to fight as a condi mesmer.

> > >

> > > i can run any class with a random None meta build and win outnumbered fights when the ppl i fight are bad enough, that doesnt prove anything esp with mesmer what is the most confusing class for unexperienced player. how annoying something is to fight is also no indicator for how much skill somehting needs. but im rly not in the mood for some dispute. lets just agree that we disagree.

> >

> > You said you have to be quite competent to be good with this build and it doesn't carry the player, I am giving you real life experience from friends of mine that admit they aren't very good in duels, and they have no problem winning fights. How much more proof do you need?

>

> you are giving me a second hand experience without any prove and you wouldnt be the first just telling a story to underline some nerf requests. and as said as long as i dont know how good or bad your friends targets were your little story dont give me any useful information. mesmer cleary has some op and easy builds and i can understand the hate for These builds to some extent but i made this build with avoiding any lame stuff on purpose and totally build on active gameplay even without for ez oneshot aiming dmg mulitplier. you have the right to think its op and ez, you are probably one of the ppl like to get mesmer deleted completely, because even a core mes with chaosline is stronger and easier to play than this build but as said lets agree to disagree. this discussion will lead nowhere...

I never once said it needed nerfs, just giving you a real world observation. The only thing about my buddies build that needs to be nerfed, and I believe ANET will eventually nerf it, is that the sigil of draining has no ICD. He runs full zerk, but because of the draining sigil, it appears like he is tanky. I don't hate the build, at all. It is one of the few non-cheese builds for mesmer. But just because it's not a cheesey 1 shot or condi spam build, doesn't mean it's difficult to play. I play this build a lot as well, and you assuming that because I said the build isn't difficult to play, that I want to get mesmer nerfed or deleted is laughable.

> @"Turk.5460" said:

> > @"Turk.5460" said:

> > > @"Nikola.3841" said:

> > > As hitpoints in MMOs go up, TTK proportionally get shorter...this was more fun, btw, despite ugly 2001 year graphics:

> > >

> > >

> >

> > You can't compare DAoC to GW2. They are vastly different games with vastly different mechanics. Also you are looking through rose-tinted glasses, because balance in DAoC was absolutely horrendous when it came to small scale. Even in large scale its balance was far worse than GW2 ever was. It was fun for it's time, but that's because there wasn't much to compare it against.

>

> FYI that player is not solo. If you'll kindly look at the top of their screen, they are *paying an additional monthly subscription* to pretend to play solo.

Pretty much everyone did it :)

But after WvW season 1 I went back to DAOC for 1 year, and still found it better PVP game, only reason I came back to GW2 is that theres not enough

friends playing DAOC anymore

> @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > @"Jazz.4639" said:

> > > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > > > @"Jazz.4639" said:

> > > > > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > > > > > @"Jazz.4639" said:

> > > > > > > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Jazz.4639" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Specialka.7290" said:

> > > > > > > > > What are they waiting for the nerf of that class? I mean, one of the best burst in pvp with the most survability while being the most forgiving with the best passive defense.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > my build avoids every broken or easy live stuff on purpose, not a single passive, not forgoving at all, no stunbreak on dodge trait, no inspi or chaosline carry, not even for oneshot aiming dmg mulitplier. its a tactical tool needs to be played with an eye for animations because you need to Interrupt keyskills, you need to do way more to get ppl down than the standard gs2 burst combo. im a pure challenge player, i would never use a build that carries my kitten. when you have problems to kill this build on anything else than a no retri rev or a staff zerk ele than its a l2p issue. sry to say it that hard but im tired of getting flamed for playing mesmer even tho the build i use is not lame or op at all and that on purpose. anyway thx for watching still.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Sorry but I cannot agree with your statement on this being a challenging build to play. My buddy runs a similar interrupt mirage build, he also doesn't run the stun break on dodge, and he shared it with all of our guildies, and 2 people that have never really played mirage, and admittedly are mediocre players, can easily 2v1 with an interrupt mirage.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > that doesnt prove anything it depends on how good the enemies were, mesmer always is strong and easy vs unexperienced or weak player even when the mesmer itself isnt that good either.

> > > > >

> > > > > It proves that people that aren't real familiar with mesmer can run an interrupt build and win duels, even outnumbered fights. If that doesn't prove anything, then as someone who has duel'ed my buddy on my sw/d weaver, I can say it's more frustrating to fight then a shatter mesmer, and almost as frustrating to fight as a condi mesmer.

> > > >

> > > > i can run any class with a random None meta build and win outnumbered fights when the ppl i fight are bad enough, that doesnt prove anything esp with mesmer what is the most confusing class for unexperienced player. how annoying something is to fight is also no indicator for how much skill somehting needs. but im rly not in the mood for some dispute. lets just agree that we disagree.

> > >

> > > You said you have to be quite competent to be good with this build and it doesn't carry the player, I am giving you real life experience from friends of mine that admit they aren't very good in duels, and they have no problem winning fights. How much more proof do you need?

> >

> > you are giving me a second hand experience without any prove and you wouldnt be the first just telling a story to underline some nerf requests. and as said as long as i dont know how good or bad your friends targets were your little story dont give me any useful information. mesmer cleary has some op and easy builds and i can understand the hate for These builds to some extent but i made this build with avoiding any lame stuff on purpose and totally build on active gameplay even without for ez oneshot aiming dmg mulitplier. you have the right to think its op and ez, you are probably one of the ppl like to get mesmer deleted completely, because even a core mes with chaosline is stronger and easier to play than this build but as said lets agree to disagree. this discussion will lead nowhere...

>

> I never once said it needed nerfs, just giving you a real world observation. The only thing about my buddies build that needs to be nerfed, and I believe ANET will eventually nerf it, is that the sigil of draining has no ICD. He runs full zerk, but because of the draining sigil, it appears like he is tanky. I don't hate the build, at all. It is one of the few non-cheese builds for mesmer. But just because it's not a cheesey 1 shot or condi spam build, doesn't mean it's difficult to play. I play this build a lot as well, and you assuming that because I said the build isn't difficult to play, that I want to get mesmer nerfed or deleted is laughable.

a real world observation that made my day. a second hand experience without any prove and half of the needed informations (like the skill lvl of the killed players) is missing. you never should work in a science sector :)

im a pure challenge player, i made a build i think is neither op nor ez to play and sure not carrying (aside from mesmer being a confusing class for unexperienced player, so ofc even a core poweshatter can carry an average player vs worse player), its one of the very few builds in this game i dont get bored after 3 mins of playing (and i know and play all classes so i can compare, ofc this comparation is also influenced by my taste). my build is totally based on active gameplay (needs to interrupt keyskills and not just spam oneshot combos or shatters), has no passive sustain so no mistake covers, it needs to use dodges offensively to make enough dmg because of the missing dmg multiplier so it cant chain defskills only for defense for the mysterious perma invuln (what never was true for any power shatter mirage build btw) ppl like to blame mesmer for. it doesnt use any op or ez life stuff (no stunbreak on dodge, no superior complex trait, no draining sigil, no for oneshot aiming dmg multiplier stacking, no chaos or inspiration carry, no phantasmspam abuse etc).

anyway from what you write/ your pov nothing in gw2 is difficult to play. not the first time i hear that opinion so ye *shrug*, its a killer argument. killer phrases and wannabe science arent a rly good basis for a constructive discussion. as said already: this discussion will lead nowhere. you have your opinion and i have mine. i can live with that. just lets stop.

> @"Jazz.4639" said:

> > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > > @"Jazz.4639" said:

> > > > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > > > > @"Jazz.4639" said:

> > > > > > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > > > > > > @"Jazz.4639" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Jazz.4639" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Specialka.7290" said:

> > > > > > > > > > What are they waiting for the nerf of that class? I mean, one of the best burst in pvp with the most survability while being the most forgiving with the best passive defense.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > my build avoids every broken or easy live stuff on purpose, not a single passive, not forgoving at all, no stunbreak on dodge trait, no inspi or chaosline carry, not even for oneshot aiming dmg mulitplier. its a tactical tool needs to be played with an eye for animations because you need to Interrupt keyskills, you need to do way more to get ppl down than the standard gs2 burst combo. im a pure challenge player, i would never use a build that carries my kitten. when you have problems to kill this build on anything else than a no retri rev or a staff zerk ele than its a l2p issue. sry to say it that hard but im tired of getting flamed for playing mesmer even tho the build i use is not lame or op at all and that on purpose. anyway thx for watching still.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Sorry but I cannot agree with your statement on this being a challenging build to play. My buddy runs a similar interrupt mirage build, he also doesn't run the stun break on dodge, and he shared it with all of our guildies, and 2 people that have never really played mirage, and admittedly are mediocre players, can easily 2v1 with an interrupt mirage.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > that doesnt prove anything it depends on how good the enemies were, mesmer always is strong and easy vs unexperienced or weak player even when the mesmer itself isnt that good either.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It proves that people that aren't real familiar with mesmer can run an interrupt build and win duels, even outnumbered fights. If that doesn't prove anything, then as someone who has duel'ed my buddy on my sw/d weaver, I can say it's more frustrating to fight then a shatter mesmer, and almost as frustrating to fight as a condi mesmer.

> > > > >

> > > > > i can run any class with a random None meta build and win outnumbered fights when the ppl i fight are bad enough, that doesnt prove anything esp with mesmer what is the most confusing class for unexperienced player. how annoying something is to fight is also no indicator for how much skill somehting needs. but im rly not in the mood for some dispute. lets just agree that we disagree.

> > > >

> > > > You said you have to be quite competent to be good with this build and it doesn't carry the player, I am giving you real life experience from friends of mine that admit they aren't very good in duels, and they have no problem winning fights. How much more proof do you need?

> > >

> > > you are giving me a second hand experience without any prove and you wouldnt be the first just telling a story to underline some nerf requests. and as said as long as i dont know how good or bad your friends targets were your little story dont give me any useful information. mesmer cleary has some op and easy builds and i can understand the hate for These builds to some extent but i made this build with avoiding any lame stuff on purpose and totally build on active gameplay even without for ez oneshot aiming dmg mulitplier. you have the right to think its op and ez, you are probably one of the ppl like to get mesmer deleted completely, because even a core mes with chaosline is stronger and easier to play than this build but as said lets agree to disagree. this discussion will lead nowhere...

> >

> > I never once said it needed nerfs, just giving you a real world observation. The only thing about my buddies build that needs to be nerfed, and I believe ANET will eventually nerf it, is that the sigil of draining has no ICD. He runs full zerk, but because of the draining sigil, it appears like he is tanky. I don't hate the build, at all. It is one of the few non-cheese builds for mesmer. But just because it's not a cheesey 1 shot or condi spam build, doesn't mean it's difficult to play. I play this build a lot as well, and you assuming that because I said the build isn't difficult to play, that I want to get mesmer nerfed or deleted is laughable.

>

> a real world observation that made my day. a second hand experience without any prove and half of the needed informations (like the skill lvl of the killed players) is missing. you never should work in a science sector :)

> im a pure challenge player, i made a build i think is neither op nor ez to play and sure not carrying (aside from mesmer being a confusing class for unexperienced player, so ofc even a core poweshatter can carry an average player vs worse player), its one of the very few builds in this game i dont get bored after 3 mins of playing (and i know and play all classes so i can compare, ofc this comparation is also influenced by my taste). my build is totally based on active gameplay (needs to interrupt keyskills and not just spam oneshot combos or shatters), has no passive sustain so no mistake covers, it needs to use dodges offensively to make enough dmg because of the missing dmg multiplier so it cant chain defskills only for defense for the mysterious perma invuln (what never was true for any power shatter mirage build btw) ppl like to blame mesmer for. it doesnt use any op or ez life stuff (no stunbreak on dodge, no superior complex trait, no draining sigil, no for oneshot aiming dmg multiplier stacking, no chaos or inspiration carry, no phantasmspam abuse etc).

>

> anyway from what you write/ your pov nothing in gw2 is difficult to play. not the first time i hear that opinion so ye *shrug*, its a killer argument. killer phrases and wannabe science arent a rly good basis for a constructive discussion. as said already: this discussion will lead nowhere. you have your opinion and i have mine. i can live with that. just lets stop.

>

It's whatever. I know interrupt mirage isn't a difficult build to play, because I know my friends. Believe me or don't and keep acting like everyone else is lying and only runs into bad players when roaming. Just be careful not to fall off your high horse.

It's a shame to see your video thread being hijacked. Mesmer is an emotive subject at present so it's to be expected I guess. A lot of what you do in the video wouldn't probably be possible with downed state anyway so it's pointless people get wound up over it.

Anyway. Did you post the build Jazz? I might have missed it if you did. I've been running interrupt builds for a very long time now and always interested to see what others are using. Personally, I find Mirage allows for some combinations of skills and traits that weren't really viable for an interrupt build in the past. Being able to selectively cover mantra charging without having to stealth, distort or kite away is a massive pro in particular. I'm currently running a stealthless CI condi interrupt build that's really tough to get going in the Spellbreaker heavy roaming scene but it's so incredibly satisfying when you completely lock someone down with consecutively and well-timed interrupts. I find it hard to play anything else now B)

> @"Dralor.3701" said:

> You are crazy if you think balance in DAoC was worse than GW2. (ToA aside) Yes you needed certain healers in every group but there was plenty of viable comps. People also had no idea what they were doing, much less “meta” building.

LOL - 40 seconds of mesmerize or equal time spent rooted sure was balanced. Did a mage-class 1hit your mez'd team with PBAoE? So much fun that was, right? How about a train of melee that just had a /stick macro and hit another team one by one? It looked dumb and it felt dumb, but hey, that's how that game played. There were no large-scale battles with forces clashing together, it was "whose bard/healer/sorc could get their AoE mez off first so their team could fight unresponsive players." And on the INCREDIBLY RARE occasions where it wasn't a melee or pbae train melting one person at a time, it was just healers spamming their group heals as fast as they could. Don't forget the heals that actually did the work *for you* (the bucket heals).

And solo roaming was almost non-existent. It was archers vs. assassins with an occasional Skald, Friar, or Warden...DAoC was a PvE focused game that marketed RvR well.

Was it fun? Oh absolutely, there was nothing else like it at the time! But it is incredibly out-dated and looking back it's easy to see how unbalanced it really was and how stale it got. Is it more fun than GW2 now? No, the game mechanics feel like you have to control your character through a vat of melted cheese and molasses. Anyone who thinks it is *currently* more fun than GW2 is delusional.

> @"Simonoly.4352" said:

> It's a shame to see your video thread being hijacked. Mesmer is an emotive subject at present so it's to be expected I guess. A lot of what you do in the video wouldn't probably be possible with downed state anyway so it's pointless people get wound up over it.

>

> Anyway. Did you post the build Jazz? I might have missed it if you did. I've been running interrupt builds for a very long time now and always interested to see what others are using. Personally, I find Mirage allows for some combinations of skills and traits that weren't really viable for an interrupt build in the past. Being able to selectively cover mantra charging without having to stealth, distort or kite away is a massive pro in particular. I'm currently running a stealthless CI condi interrupt build that's really tough to get going in the Spellbreaker heavy roaming scene but it's so incredibly satisfying when you completely lock someone down with consecutively and well-timed interrupts. I find it hard to play anything else now B)

ye the mesmer hate is real atm and most ppl dont rly make a difference between different builds and just hate everything. it gets a bit annyoing ... and when you dont fall for some sweet little good night stories from second hand without all informations needed and without any prove and some killer phrases you ride a high horse already. makes sense. but well, im done with that discussion. opinions can be different, i can live with that.

uuuh condi Interrupt, i guess the hate you get is like twice the time i get then? ;)

the build is in the vid description (or better in the vid i linked) incl a gameplay guide with some burst combo examples and tips. i just switched exploidation sigil for agility on gs, otherwise everything is up to date.

no downstate clearly makes outnumbered fights easier but i think only the first outnumbered would maybe have been different because bloodnec and scrapper are both op rezzer. all other fights are not different to fights i have in other vids with downstate.

thx for watching btw :)

> @"Turk.5460" said:

> > @"Dralor.3701" said:

> > You are crazy if you think balance in DAoC was worse than GW2. (ToA aside) Yes you needed certain healers in every group but there was plenty of viable comps. People also had no idea what they were doing, much less “meta” building.

>

> LOL - 40 seconds of mesmerize or equal time spent rooted sure was balanced. Did a mage-class 1hit your mez'd team with PBAoE? So much fun that was, right? How about a train of melee that just had a /stick macro and hit another team one by one? It looked dumb and it felt dumb, but hey, that's how that game played. There were no large-scale battles with forces clashing together, it was "whose bard/healer/sorc could get their AoE mez off first so their team could fight unresponsive players." And on the INCREDIBLY RARE occasions where it wasn't a melee or pbae train melting one person at a time, it was just healers spamming their group heals as fast as they could. Don't forget the heals that actually did the work *for you* (the bucket heals).

>

> And solo roaming was almost non-existent. It was archers vs. assassins with an occasional Skald, Friar, or Warden...DAoC was a PvE focused game that marketed RvR well.

>

> Was it fun? Oh absolutely, there was nothing else like it at the time! But it is incredibly out-dated and looking back it's easy to see how unbalanced it really was and how stale it got. Is it more fun than GW2 now? No, the game mechanics feel like you have to control your character through a vat of melted cheese and molasses. Anyone who thinks it is *currently* more fun than GW2 is delusional.

I agree there was less solo roaming because of perm stealth but the rest was fine. Hard CCed? Cool purge it. HOLY Kitten DR on CC? What an amazing and old concept.

The game was balanced (ignoring everything else will be tldr).

> @"Jazz.4639" said:

> ye the mesmer hate is real atm and most ppl dont rly make a difference between different builds and just hate everything.

But of course. And you can see holos, spellbreakers, deadeyes, weavers, soulbeasts hell everything except maybe renegade or firebrand (because the roflstompers still run herald and dragonhunter) post **the exact same videos** of them owning up roamers but for them, its skill. Pure skill. Only the mirage is OP.

> @"Loading.4503" said:

> Only thing i can say about this video, the first part when u opened up the chest, if you right click instead, you dont have to click ok on that box that pops up

thx for the advice will try it out next time im playing!

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > @"Jazz.4639" said:

> > ye the mesmer hate is real atm and most ppl dont rly make a difference between different builds and just hate everything.

>

> But of course. And you can see holos, spellbreakers, deadeyes, weavers, soulbeasts hell everything except maybe renegade or firebrand (because the roflstompers still run herald and dragonhunter) post **the exact same videos** of them owning up roamers but for them, its skill. Pure skill. Only the mirage is OP.

feelsunfairman :(

btw there is one renegade (even power) making vids, rly nice to watch, check it out: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC78cxa3RXPmpu-COV7cdhXw

I thought it was a very cool vid, and I'm not going to say anything for or against Mesmer (having never played one) as I've only played GW2 for about 4 months now.

That said, the only profession I really play in WvW is my Soulbeast Ranger, and I play my Power Guard and Daredevil in PvE, and here are some things I've noticed:

- My SB Ranger has ranged capability, but it's mainly single target and really limited to burst via Rapid Fire

- I have access to a pet, but it's nowhere near as useful as Mesmer clones, because at least those can draw fire as your opponent mistakenly targets them instead of you

- My ability to go stealth with Smokescale isn't even comparable

- Mobility via GS 3, or Bird / Rock gazelle doesn't even come close to what I saw in that video.

Basically, I'd love to have what Mesmer has for when I play WvW =/

Even though I'm still a newer player, I can't see a player of equal skill accomplishing the same on a Ranger as they could on a Mesmer. Different professions are different, of course, but I've listed some of the weaknesses of Ranger, whereas from that video, it's hard for me to find any specific weakness inherent to the Mesmer - and that is likely why people are crying about it.

Thanks for sharing!

> @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> I thought it was a very cool vid, and I'm not going to say anything for or against Mesmer (having never played one) as I've only played GW2 for about 4 months now.

>

> That said, the only profession I really play in WvW is my Soulbeast Ranger, and I play my Power Guard and Daredevil in PvE, and here are some things I've noticed:

>

> - My SB Ranger has ranged capability, but it's mainly single target and really limited to burst via Rapid Fire

> - I have access to a pet, but it's nowhere near as useful as Mesmer clones, because at least those can draw fire as your opponent mistakenly targets them instead of you

> - My ability to go stealth with Smokescale isn't even comparable

> - Mobility via GS 3, or Bird / Rock gazelle doesn't even come close to what I saw in that video.

>

> Basically, I'd love to have what Mesmer has for when I play WvW =/

>

> Even though I'm still a newer player, I can't see a player of equal skill accomplishing the same on a Ranger as they could on a Mesmer. Different professions are different, of course, but I've listed some of the weaknesses of Ranger, whereas from that video, it's hard for me to find any specific weakness inherent to the Mesmer - and that is likely why people are crying about it.

>

> Thanks for sharing!

>

hi thx for your feedback, im glad you like the vid :)

the funny thing is that soulbeast in a 1v1 beats this build when both player have near same skill lvl:) i rly will not start a big balance discussion here and comparation about what class is stronger and/ or harder to play. but ranger sure has more sustain from boons and stats and for that a little bit less active defense tool and as a class can have 1500 range ofc also less mobility (if you build for mobility, that is what mirage is about than you can have almost the same tho). stealth it can have way more than me with 2x around 30secs cd stealth and your pet can do way more stuff than clones do and that without being a onehit. that experienced player fall for clones happens very very rarely. but ye for unexperienced player its a hard class to fight against, thats why mesmer is rly good in killing new player, even when not played that well. if im not mistaken there are a lot of video with outnumbered fights from ranger player out there. the skill lvl will be hard to compare for a new player esp when ppl play different classes as long as the skill difference isnt rly very big and comes down to basic game mechanics.

a lot of people don't understand is that the best way to kill there sorts of mesmers is to keep in their face at all times because they also want to get closer to you for ranged attacks to hit faster and if the mesmer does decide to run off, let him... he will just come back and try again because he wants the kill. don't waste dodges and skills to try and catch up with them when the do a runner, even on s/d thief i will not chase them too much unless i know they have used up everything they have to get away. i am not saying its easy to do the above but imo that is pretty much the only real way to deal with theres sorts of builds.

> @"Jazz.4639" said:

> > @"Specialka.7290" said:

> > What are they waiting for the nerf of that class? I mean, one of the best burst in pvp with the most survability while being the most forgiving with the best passive defense.

>

> my build avoids every broken or easy live stuff on purpose, not a single passive, not forgoving at all, no stunbreak on dodge trait, no inspi or chaosline carry, not even for oneshot aiming dmg mulitplier. its a tactical tool needs to be played with an eye for animations because you need to Interrupt keyskills, you need to do way more to get ppl down than the standard gs2 burst combo. im a pure challenge player, i would never use a build that carries my kitten. when you have problems to kill this build on anything else than a no retri rev or a staff zerk ele than its a l2p issue. sry to say it that hard but im tired of getting flamed for playing mesmer even tho the build i use is not lame or op at all and that on purpose. anyway thx for watching still.

You play a class that carries your ass. Literally the entire concept of Mirage is broken and way over the top in ANY build.

> @"Brujeria.7536" said:

> > @"Jazz.4639" said:

> > > @"Specialka.7290" said:

> > > What are they waiting for the nerf of that class? I mean, one of the best burst in pvp with the most survability while being the most forgiving with the best passive defense.

> >

> > my build avoids every broken or easy live stuff on purpose, not a single passive, not forgoving at all, no stunbreak on dodge trait, no inspi or chaosline carry, not even for oneshot aiming dmg mulitplier. its a tactical tool needs to be played with an eye for animations because you need to Interrupt keyskills, you need to do way more to get ppl down than the standard gs2 burst combo. im a pure challenge player, i would never use a build that carries my kitten. when you have problems to kill this build on anything else than a no retri rev or a staff zerk ele than its a l2p issue. sry to say it that hard but im tired of getting flamed for playing mesmer even tho the build i use is not lame or op at all and that on purpose. anyway thx for watching still.

>

> You play a class that carries your kitten. Literally the entire concept of Mirage is broken and way over the top in ANY build.

assuming your main is also your forum avatar - you cant say that at all

> @"Brujeria.7536" said:

> > @"Jazz.4639" said:

> > > @"Specialka.7290" said:

> > > What are they waiting for the nerf of that class? I mean, one of the best burst in pvp with the most survability while being the most forgiving with the best passive defense.

> >

> > my build avoids every broken or easy live stuff on purpose, not a single passive, not forgoving at all, no stunbreak on dodge trait, no inspi or chaosline carry, not even for oneshot aiming dmg mulitplier. its a tactical tool needs to be played with an eye for animations because you need to Interrupt keyskills, you need to do way more to get ppl down than the standard gs2 burst combo. im a pure challenge player, i would never use a build that carries my kitten. when you have problems to kill this build on anything else than a no retri rev or a staff zerk ele than its a l2p issue. sry to say it that hard but im tired of getting flamed for playing mesmer even tho the build i use is not lame or op at all and that on purpose. anyway thx for watching still.

>

> You play a class that carries your kitten. Literally the entire concept of Mirage is broken and way over the top in ANY build.

wow so many good arguments oO im convinced!

> @"Jazz.4639" said:

> > @"Brujeria.7536" said:

> > > @"Jazz.4639" said:

> > > > @"Specialka.7290" said:

> > > > What are they waiting for the nerf of that class? I mean, one of the best burst in pvp with the most survability while being the most forgiving with the best passive defense.

> > >

> > > my build avoids every broken or easy live stuff on purpose, not a single passive, not forgoving at all, no stunbreak on dodge trait, no inspi or chaosline carry, not even for oneshot aiming dmg mulitplier. its a tactical tool needs to be played with an eye for animations because you need to Interrupt keyskills, you need to do way more to get ppl down than the standard gs2 burst combo. im a pure challenge player, i would never use a build that carries my kitten. when you have problems to kill this build on anything else than a no retri rev or a staff zerk ele than its a l2p issue. sry to say it that hard but im tired of getting flamed for playing mesmer even tho the build i use is not lame or op at all and that on purpose. anyway thx for watching still.

> >

> > You play a class that carries your kitten. Literally the entire concept of Mirage is broken and way over the top in ANY build.

>

> wow so many good arguments oO im convinced!

I really dont need any arguments on this matter- Mesmer since its rework and especially Mirage is so OP that its banned even in tournaments. Posting any "Outnumbered" Videos and complain if people critisize you for playing the most broken class in the history of GW2 speaks for itself.

Either you are a good player, or you play mesmer. Pick one.

> @"Brujeria.7536" said:

> > @"Jazz.4639" said:

> > > @"Brujeria.7536" said:

> > > > @"Jazz.4639" said:

> > > > > @"Specialka.7290" said:

> > > > > What are they waiting for the nerf of that class? I mean, one of the best burst in pvp with the most survability while being the most forgiving with the best passive defense.

> > > >

> > > > my build avoids every broken or easy live stuff on purpose, not a single passive, not forgoving at all, no stunbreak on dodge trait, no inspi or chaosline carry, not even for oneshot aiming dmg mulitplier. its a tactical tool needs to be played with an eye for animations because you need to Interrupt keyskills, you need to do way more to get ppl down than the standard gs2 burst combo. im a pure challenge player, i would never use a build that carries my kitten. when you have problems to kill this build on anything else than a no retri rev or a staff zerk ele than its a l2p issue. sry to say it that hard but im tired of getting flamed for playing mesmer even tho the build i use is not lame or op at all and that on purpose. anyway thx for watching still.

> > >

> > > You play a class that carries your kitten. Literally the entire concept of Mirage is broken and way over the top in ANY build.

> >

> > wow so many good arguments oO im convinced!

>

> I really dont need any arguments on this matter- Mesmer since its rework and especially Mirage is so OP that its banned even in tournaments. Posting any "Outnumbered" Videos and complain if people critisize you for playing the most broken class in the history of GW2 speaks for itself.

>

> Either you are a good player, or you play mesmer. Pick one.

ahaha omg you think you dont need arguments and i have arguments, i think the case is clear lol. sry what you say is just narrowed. even tho you are clearly a person dont worth starting a discussion with, but: this build is the same as before the mesmer rework, it wasnt op back then and since it didnt rly change , only got few little nerfs (and dont abuse the new phantasm mechanic, nor use any trait that got a reword) its still not op. in what tournament it is banned? im UGO admin and we didnt ban mirage, not even condimirage or chrono. i play power shatter mesmer since first beta of the game, no matter how unviable or up it was. i also play all classes a bit. i know when i get carried and when not. mirage has sure some op builds but not all builds from mirage are op.

> @"Turk.5460" said:

> > @"Dralor.3701" said:

> > You are crazy if you think balance in DAoC was worse than GW2. (ToA aside) Yes you needed certain healers in every group but there was plenty of viable comps. People also had no idea what they were doing, much less “meta” building.

>

> LOL - 40 seconds of mesmerize or equal time spent rooted sure was balanced. Did a mage-class 1hit your mez'd team with PBAoE? So much fun that was, right? How about a train of melee that just had a /stick macro and hit another team one by one? It looked dumb and it felt dumb, but hey, that's how that game played. There were no large-scale battles with forces clashing together, it was "whose bard/healer/sorc could get their AoE mez off first so their team could fight unresponsive players." And on the INCREDIBLY RARE occasions where it wasn't a melee or pbae train melting one person at a time, it was just healers spamming their group heals as fast as they could. Don't forget the heals that actually did the work *for you* (the bucket heals).

>

> And solo roaming was almost non-existent. It was archers vs. assassins with an occasional Skald, Friar, or Warden...DAoC was a PvE focused game that marketed RvR well.

>

> Was it fun? Oh absolutely, there was nothing else like it at the time! But it is incredibly out-dated and looking back it's easy to see how unbalanced it really was and how stale it got. Is it more fun than GW2 now? No, the game mechanics feel like you have to control your character through a vat of melted cheese and molasses. Anyone who thinks it is *currently* more fun than GW2 is delusional.

It was (in theory) almost 2 minutes of mez or root, and yet CC in that game was LESS annoying than here in GW2...you had classes that could demezz, you had resistances of all kinds that reduced duration, it would break on damage, and you had equally long immunity after that...if CC was your problem in DAOC, you were either new to game, or bad player or played in bad groups. Battles on my server were also far bigger than I ever saw in GW2...remember, RVR area cap was 3000 players across all zones...can GW2 handle 3000 players on 4 maps?

8vs8 scene in DAOC was as good as PVP can be, didn't find anything remotely as fun

Regarding soloing in DAOC

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=daoc+solo

returns 34000 videos