After last weeks event, I can't get myself to play WvW anymore...

hobotnicax.7918

> @"YouWillHide.9847" said:

> I really do not see why no downstate should come back, Sure it was fun for 1-2 days but its stale for people who actually prefer to not spam 1111 in WvW. Unless you want to play paranoid 24/7 because you have to dodge one shot builds (that's great fun btw) Downstate (and with it Downstate pressure) is a big part of WvW imo.

It's actually the people that do spam 1 1 1 that want it back because their zerg mentality doesn't work anymore. There is no downstate pressure if you are in the mapblob anymore. There was when this event was Live. :)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Hyper Cutter.9376" said:

> > @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> >add rez skills to make players sacrifice some utility or elite skill for a rez etc..

> We literally have these already, in both trait and utility skill form, and their existence is ironically one of the biggest stated reasons for people opposing the existence of downstate.

Yeah but who uses them since theres no need to use them? And there isnt actually that many that were more similiar to gw1 rezz mechanic.

On pvp gameplay u tend to rally your ally with by being carried with some easy damage ouput gimmick, on pve u get close to target or let the guy die and respawn...

> @"Menzo.2185" said:

> > @"Musty.3148" said:

> > > @"Menzo.2185" said:

> > > Can you change your mind? lol

> >

> > No, can you? And who are you to tell me what I can and cannot talk about? Your points are no more valid than mine. :)

>

> The game has water skills, earth skills, flying skills and downed skills.

> Why would your opinion be important to Anet in order to make them change something that has be there about 6 years?

> I like the way it is.

>

Ele had fury on attunement swap for like 6 years too, but they suddenly changed it to might. *Thinking*

> @"aspirine.5839" said:

> > @"LINKAZZATORE.8135" said:

> > > @"XenesisII.1540" said:

> > > Should have it activated when you have the outnumbered buff, and change it so your finisher is automatically used on a kill.

> >

> > That's the only smart thing i've read on this forum about the no downstate.... and it's pretty good

>

> While it is pretty good, you can also get some insane flamewars on your own server for being on the same map as the outnumbered party. For instance vabbi where there already is elitist garbage chat like no other server.

Vabbi toxicity is required to keep the server carebear free. If they were nice, they wouldn't be able to play the game together at all. Bandwagoning of bad players to leech is already huge; without toxicity it'd only be worse.

You can't blame vabbi for not wanting to play with you.

> @"Menzo.2185" said:

> "No downed state" week was fun. Maybe next year come back.

Id prefer either one map be permanently designated No Downed State, or at least make it monthly/quarterly. It was SO. MUCH. FUN. And this is coming from someone thats not the best at PvP.

> @"Etheri.5406" said:

> > @"aspirine.5839" said:

> > > @"LINKAZZATORE.8135" said:

> > > > @"XenesisII.1540" said:

> > > > Should have it activated when you have the outnumbered buff, and change it so your finisher is automatically used on a kill.

> > >

> > > That's the only smart thing i've read on this forum about the no downstate.... and it's pretty good

> >

> > While it is pretty good, you can also get some insane flamewars on your own server for being on the same map as the outnumbered party. For instance vabbi where there already is elitist garbage chat like no other server.

>

> Vabbi toxicity is required to keep the server carebear free.

The irony of someone playing the most carebear MMORPG out there and possibly the most carebear PvP mode the world has ever seen (and I use 'PvP' lightly, WvW barely qualifies), going on about carebears. /facepalm

I still play wvw with downstate back (cause I don't really play any other game mode), but it clearly is less fun. 5 guys attacking a tower, and I just alternate downing 3 of them, who can just insta-res each other. No downstate, I could have killed 4 of the 5 (no way I was getting the spellbreaker, he was much better than me regardless of build). But, it would have been a great fight where I killed 4 of 5 from a havoc before dying gloriously. Instead, I harassed them for a bit, they ressed each other over and over, and then ran off. No one died, not even me. Boring.

If NDS were to be permanent, I think it needs to scale with group size.

That is, in zergs NDS is great as it forces better strategy and comps.

While roaming though, DS is actually nice as can help of you are solo and facing multiple people at once.

Or maybe just make it work per objective? As no one is taking a keep solo, or even a tower a lot of times. Camps are roamer fodder, so who cares about downstate there?

> @"Specialka.7290" said:

> I do agree with you, but with no downstate, they would have run as soon as you would have start to attack them. Or they would have never attack the tower.

Nope.

We had a NDS event already, which proved that wrong, just like lots of other claims people made when I suggested DS be removed years ago, and I was called crazy. They said people would not play, I would be the only one who would like it, people would not attack anything etc etc. And yet, on the event, we still saw normal pugs all over, we still saw lots of zergs, lots of low skilled players running in 6-8 man groups trying to take towers etc etc. The only change I saw was that a small or even solo skilled player was able to do something about it now.

People are talking about all sorts of balance, huge changes to skills etc etc for it to work....Yet we just had an event with none of that and no changing of the downed state traits and it worked, so these issues being made seem to be FAR smaller than they would like to think. It was easy to brush it off before when it was all theory, but now we have had first hand experience of what it's like....And it was good.

WvW even without DS is still very casual friendly, as it STILL favors the larger team (and it should in a way), it only means that skill has a chance now. It also means that many skill teams will be more welcoming to new players, something people don't think about, because those players are not going to be rally bots, because there will be no more rally. Hopefully that turns into these people playing with more people, learning new things and getting better at playing, because now there is a reward for improving.

> @"Specialka.7290" said:

> While I like the NDS, you forget that there was a X2 WvW xp and reward track at the same time. I would like to see a NDS without such gimmicks to see how it goes.

Considering that WvW loot is so bad, you might as well have that "gimmick" be permanent as well. As it stands now, with siege costs etc to do anything productive in WvW, it actually costs me money to play the game mode.

For me I can't find the fun anymore in WvW after the decrease in the WvW population. Events that change the pace of WvW / battles (or gameplay chances) give off a new experience to veterans and new players while we wait for the highly anticipated Alliance Update.

I'd love to have more events like these in the future until the Alliance Update hits.