Fractal Savant and Pristine Fractal Relics

> @"Teratus.2859" said:

> My issue isn't with the loot or the gold I can make.. it's with the pointless timegated bs that makes progressing in fractals unnecessarily tedious.

You don't understand. The attunements are not for the casual fractal player base. You are done with everything once you reached level 100 and have 150 AR on one or more chars.

Attunements are one step further. The ultimate thing to get for people that already played fractal for years and collected tons of pristines and fractal relics because we had nothing to spend them for.

The rest was already explained to you by Illconceived Was Na.9781.

Btw. during my road to fractal god from savant I made at least 4k gold if not more out of fracs in addition to the attunement cost.

And karma...pff, I have 7 millions and almost everything I can get with it. Even without attunements the gain of karma is excessive in fractals.

> @"Teratus.2859" said:

> As I said I don't care about the title and I don't really care about the loot and making gold either, I want the attunements purely for the AR and the relic drop boost which as I said has little to no benefit to so called Vet players and significant benefit to those of us still working our way to level 100 and would simply save us a lot of time and money.

Seriously, you won't notice the relic boost, it's definitely not significant. And AR is cheap as hell via TP or easily gained by playing. 18 days of T4 dailies = 18 +9 infusions = a fully geared fractal char. The money argument is irrelevant because you are getting enough gold through playing fracs as compensation.

> That leaves my options at aquire ascended armor through RNG which is what i've been doing despite 6 years of horrendously bad luck with it.

That's not very clever tbh. Asc gear is also cheap once you know how to make gold in this game. Vet players are swimming in asc boxes btw.

> For the record my personal fractal level is higher than 75 as I have said already, I'm not a Fractal newbie.

No, you aren't a newbie, you are beginner of serious fractal playing. T1-3 do not mean anything. ^^

And that's the reason why you are not part of the target audience of the Mist Attunements yet.

> @"Vinceman.4572" said:

> > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > My issue isn't with the loot or the gold I can make.. it's with the pointless timegated bs that makes progressing in fractals unnecessarily tedious.

>

> You don't understand. The attunements are not for the casual fractal player base. You are done with everything once you reached level 100 and have 150 AR on one or more chars.

> Attunements are one step further. The ultimate thing to get for people that already played fractal for years and collected tons of pristines and fractal relics because we had nothing to spend them for.

>

Yet like we both said the attunements don't benefit the vet players.. The title is pretty much the only thing they care for where as those of us still working our way up could seriously use that extra AR and relic drops.

> The rest was already explained to you by Illconceived Was Na.9781.

> Btw. during my road to fractal god from savant I made at least 4k gold if not more out of fracs in addition to the attunement cost.

> And karma...pff, I have 7 millions and almost everything I can get with it. Even without attunements the gain of karma is excessive in fractals.

>

I've never even owned a quater of that gold at any one time in the entire 6 years i've been playing this game.

Like I said my experience with Gw2's RNG system has been utter trash since I started playing the game thus I have to buy virtually everything I want so my gold reserves are always low because of it.

Yes you might be sitting on millions of Karma but most of us are not, least not anymore. Saving up a few million takes a very long time for some people.

> > As I said I don't care about the title and I don't really care about the loot and making gold either, I want the attunements purely for the AR and the relic drop boost which as I said has little to no benefit to so called Vet players and significant benefit to those of us still working our way to level 100 and would simply save us a lot of time and money.

>

> Seriously, you won't notice the relic boost, it's definitely not significant. And AR is cheap as hell via TP or easily gained by playing. 18 days of T4 dailies = 18 +9 infusions = a fully geared fractal char. The money argument is irrelevant because you are getting enough gold through playing fracs as compensation.

>

Cheap as hell you say.. one +14 infusion 258g yes very cheap lol

As I said I don't have the gear required to max AR with +9's which means I need several +12's-13's-14's which are far more expensive that i can afford as i'm not sitting on several hundred gold I can afford to waste on them and it would take me several months to make that kind of gold even in fractals.

> > That leaves my options at aquire ascended armor through RNG which is what i've been doing despite 6 years of horrendously bad luck with it.

> That's not very clever tbh. Asc gear is also cheap once you know how to make gold in this game. Vet players are swimming in asc boxes btw.

>

Knowing how to make gold and making gold are two different things. when it comes to RNG some of us have such crap luck with it it's not even worth relying on as a money making tool in the first place.

Consider those players lucky.. for some of us ascended boxes are as rare as precursor drops.

> > For the record my personal fractal level is higher than 75 as I have said already, I'm not a Fractal newbie.

> No, you aren't a newbie, you are beginner of serious fractal playing. T1-3 do not mean anything. ^^

> And that's the reason why you are not part of the target audience of the Mist Attunements yet.

>

Well until I can find more ascended armor pieces I'll never be able to go higher into serious fractal playing unless I devote several months to farming dailies (some I can't do in the first place due to AR).. or blow hundreds of gold which will also take me months to save up and will probably end up being spent on other things anyway.

> @"Teratus.2859" said:

> Yet like we both said the attunements don't benefit the vet players.. The title is pretty much the only thing they care for where as those of us still working our way up could seriously use that extra AR and relic drops.

They benefit veteran players. You are getting more rewards + having stat advantage that affect optimized/meta groups and you have the titles that are showing commitment.

> I've never even owned a quater of that gold at any one time in the entire 6 years i've been playing this game.

> Like I said my experience with Gw2's RNG system has been utter trash since I started playing the game thus I have to buy virtually everything I want so my gold reserves are always low because of it.

My wealth from fractals had nothing to do with the rng system. Without attunements your daily will yield around 20g per day account value (gold, drops + other stuff) and you end up getting 50g per day once you reached fractal god. I haven't become rich due to rare drops I earned the majority of my gold via playing the game and here especially fractals. You realize that 20g a day is 600g in a month, do you? **Without rng!** I don't see why it should be handed out to people like you who don't want to put effort into it!

> Yes you might be sitting on millions of Karma but most of us are not, least not anymore. Saving up a few million takes a very long time for some people.

Most of us are, look at the threads at reddit where it was complained a gazillion times that there is nothing to do with karma!

> Cheap as hell you say.. one +14 infusion 258g yes very cheap lol

> As I said I don't have the gear required to max AR with +9's which means I need several +12's-13's-14's which are far more expensive that i can afford as i'm not sitting on several hundred gold I can afford to waste on them and it would take me several months to make that kind of gold even in fractals.

See, you don't even know how to properly gear a fractal toon. The +14 infusion is no argument because NOBODY is using that for gearing an alt, really nobody. Crafting a +14 for casual gameplay is really stupid and that's an understatement. You should inform yourself better and take my advice: **Craft the rest of the ascended pieces or you will waste very much gold.** There are also guides how to save money. It's fascinating that in 2018 people still refuse to use the internet (and other sources, here: friends, guild mates, chat).

By climbing up the fractal levels into T4 you already got enough gold to fully gear your char in asc. If you don't take this advice please stop complaining about relics, rewards and stuff. You are doing it "wrong" or at least took a cumbersome path and that's your fault not the one of the game or Anet's.

> Knowing how to make gold and making gold are two different things. when it comes to RNG some of us have such crap luck with it it's not even worth relying on as a money making tool in the first place.

> Consider those players lucky.. for some of us ascended boxes are as rare as precursor drops.

There is no "luck" in besides the asc boxes drops. Even if you're new to T4 you are getting at least 10g per day via T1-3 if not more. **An armor piece is about 40g that's 4 days T1-3 daily! A +14 infusion has a market price of 257g a the moment. You see the utter nonsense of your approach?**

I repeat myself: You won't become rich in this game by chance (maybe that's true for a few). You become rich by playing the game and making gold regularly. Be it by farming Istan, raiding, selling raids, fractals, playing TP or just doing dailies for 2g...w/e. My income has nothing to do with luck.

> Well until I can find more ascended armor pieces I'll never be able to go higher into serious fractal playing unless I devote several months to farming dailies (some I can't do in the first place due to AR).. or blow hundreds of gold which will also take me months to save up and will probably end up being spent on other things anyway.

Since you are not willing to craft the asc gear I don't see any point in making any change at all. But yeah, we heard it here often maybe Anet should consider handing out legendaries via login. Everyone in this game would be happy. /s

> @"Vinceman.4572" said:

> > I've never even owned a quater of that gold at any one time in the entire 6 years i've been playing this game.

> > Like I said my experience with Gw2's RNG system has been utter trash since I started playing the game thus I have to buy virtually everything I want so my gold reserves are always low because of it.

>

> My wealth from fractals had nothing to do with the rng system. Without attunements your daily will yield around 20g per day account value (gold, drops + other stuff) and you end up getting 50g per day once you reached fractal god. I haven't become rich due to rare drops I earned the majority of my gold via playing the game and here especially fractals. You realize that 20g a day is 600g in a month, do you? **Without rng!** I don't see why it should be handed out to people like you who don't want to put effort into it!

>

Nothing to do with RNG yet you mention drops.. which are RNG.

And where does that 20g per day come from? and don't say just dailies because I've never made that much from just dailies even when i've managed to get my T4's done and have sold everything i've gotten.

So either you are getting lucky with the RNG or you're just exaggerating,

And for the record I don't expect anything handed to me, I've not asked for attunements to be given away or made cheaper.. all I've asked for is the option to earn additional pristine relics through playing the damn game instead of being locked behind a daily timegate so I can actually farm fractals and get the stuff I want/need to progress without having it restricted to months of necessary daily playing which isn't always possible for a vast number of players.

Don't twist it into some bs about being lazy and expecting stuff for nothing when i'm asking for the complete opposite.

> > Yes you might be sitting on millions of Karma but most of us are not, least not anymore. Saving up a few million takes a very long time for some people.

>

> Most of us are, look at the threads at reddit where it was complained a gazillion times that there is nothing to do with karma!

>

Most of the hardcore people who can afford to play Gw2 15 hours a day sure.

Those who aren't sitting on millions of Karma find themselves out of luck when there's cool stuff that costs a fortune in Karma added to the game, hence why many of us were bled dry by living world venders.

Karma is resource most of us earn in very small quantity, specially if we exclusively play PvE and are not able to play all day every day.

Takes years to save up millions and we can blow through a chunk of that in one living world release.

> > Cheap as hell you say.. one +14 infusion 258g yes very cheap lol

> > As I said I don't have the gear required to max AR with +9's which means I need several +12's-13's-14's which are far more expensive that i can afford as i'm not sitting on several hundred gold I can afford to waste on them and it would take me several months to make that kind of gold even in fractals.

>

> See, you don't even know how to properly gear a fractal toon. The +14 infusion is no argument because NOBODY is using that for gearing an alt, really nobody. Crafting a +14 for casual gameplay is really stupid and that's an understatement. You should inform yourself better and take my advice: **Craft the rest of the ascended pieces or you will waste very much gold.** There are also guides how to save money. It's fascinating that in 2018 people still refuse to use the internet (and other sources, here: friends, guild mates, chat).

That was an example of what i'd currently need to improve my AR sufficiently to progress.

I know it's cheaper to have more ascended armor but that wasn't the point, you said AR was cheap as hell.

> > Knowing how to make gold and making gold are two different things. when it comes to RNG some of us have such crap luck with it it's not even worth relying on as a money making tool in the first place.

> > Consider those players lucky.. for some of us ascended boxes are as rare as precursor drops.

>

> There is no "luck" in besides the asc boxes drops.

Ergo RNG.

>Even if you're new to T4 you are getting at least 10g per day via T1-3 if not more. **An armor piece is about 40g that's 4 days T1-3 daily! A +14 infusion has a market price of 257g a the moment. You see the utter nonsense of your approach?**

>

40g wow who's your vendor?

I count more than 60g current pricing just a pair of ascended boots, more for chest and legs.

Hardly a nonsense approach to think i'm better off hoping the RNG pays off with a free ascended armor piece, even with my crappy luck.

> I repeat myself: You won't become rich in this game by chance (maybe that's true for a few). You become rich by playing the game and making gold regularly. Be it by farming Istan, raiding, selling raids, fractals, playing TP or just doing dailies for 2g...w/e. My income has nothing to do with luck.

>

I'm not trying to get rich nor do I play fractals or any Gw2 content to get rich.

All I care about is having fun and being able to progress at my own pace and freedom, I don't like getting stuck behind timegated rewards specially when they neither make sense nor serve any valid purpose.

> > Well until I can find more ascended armor pieces I'll never be able to go higher into serious fractal playing unless I devote several months to farming dailies (some I can't do in the first place due to AR).. or blow hundreds of gold which will also take me months to save up and will probably end up being spent on other things anyway.

>

> Since you are not willing to craft the asc gear I don't see any point in making any change at all. But yeah, we heard it here often maybe Anet should consider handing out legendaries via login. Everyone in this game would be happy. /s

>

It would cost me hundreds of gold to upgrade my AR or craft asended gear so either way both options suck.

I'm better off going after the attunments and relying on lucking out with free ascended armor drops.

Two things that are unfarmable in fractals due to requiring vast numbers of relics only available from daily timegated rewards.. hence the whole point of my original comment.

And again don't twist my argument into expecting stuff for nothing when i'm asking for the total opposite.

I'm more than willing to spend a few months farming fractals at my own pace for pristine relics than I am to spend more than a year doing dailies every.. single.. day for the same payoff.

> @"Teratus.2859" said:

> Nothing to do with RNG yet you mention drops.. which are RNG.

> And where does that 20g per day come from? and don't say just dailies because I've never made that much from just dailies even when i've managed to get my T4's done and have sold everything i've gotten.

> So either you are getting lucky with the RNG or you're just exaggerating,

Got to gw2efficiency.com and put in your API key, then call https://gw2efficiency.com/account/farming-tracker and then hit START. Don't do anything in the game for about 6 minutes (to let the API grab your acc value) and then start doing T4s + Recs, open all the chests & the encryptions with discounted keys. Once you are finished, wait for 6 minutes for API refresh and go back to the site and look how much you've gained.

Another comment from one of the people knowing what they are talking:

"The lowest I've seen for only T4s (3 T4s but no CMs) was around 6g with 15-16g on a good day in pure liquid gold. 20g is near the top end and certainly not average. "

**That only counts for T4s. Recs which also belong to the so called "dailies" will give a lot additional gold due to encryptions.**

After finishing my fractal god I stopped doing CMs and pugged with a friend without attunements. Ofc I got more gold than him but he always was around that 20g mark when doing T4s + Recs.

> And for the record I don't expect anything handed to me, I've not asked for attunements to be given away or made cheaper.. all I've asked for is the option to earn additional pristine relics through playing the kitten game instead of being locked behind a daily timegate so I can actually farm fractals and get the stuff I want/need to progress without having it restricted to months of necessary daily playing which isn't always possible for a vast number of players.

> Don't twist it into some bs about being lazy and expecting stuff for nothing when i'm asking for the complete opposite.

You don't need additional pristines if you are not aiming for the titles or the extra reward. You'll gain enough via just playing fractals. There's no need to speed things up and make them faster to acquire.

> Most of the hardcore people who can afford to play Gw2 15 hours a day sure.

> Those who aren't sitting on millions of Karma find themselves out of luck when there's cool stuff that costs a fortune in Karma added to the game, hence why many of us were bled dry by living world venders.

> Karma is resource most of us earn in very small quantity, specially if we exclusively play PvE and are not able to play all day every day.

> Takes years to save up millions and we can blow through a chunk of that in one living world release.

Not true at all. Karma gets handed out in almost every content you are playing in GW2 unless you are not dungeon running only. Also, if you need the karma then don't spend it on minis or tonics in ls maps asap. There's no achievement for that (even if it were, you don't belong to the top of the AP ladder rank so it wouldn't affect you in the slightest) and since ls maps won't be deleted there is no reason to get them all instantly. Heck, you can even only run around with one mini at a time. Additionally one single ls release won't diminish the karma storage you can build up between releases.

> That was an example of what i'd currently need to improve my AR sufficiently to progress.

> I know it's cheaper to have more ascended armor but that wasn't the point, you said AR was cheap as hell.

It is! You get around one stack (=250) +1 infusions per T4s + Recs per day. That's 1 +9 if you spend 3 more extra gold per day. So, in 18 days of T4s + Recs and around 60g to spend extra you'll have 162 AR - 12 AR more than needed. If you go for the standard infusion combination it's even cheaper because you just need 12 +9s and 6 + 7s.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Delw4sWW0AAIL3f.jpg:large

> Ergo RNG.

No, because the boxes are an extra.

> 40g wow who's your vendor?

> I count more than 60g current pricing just a pair of ascended boots, more for chest and legs.

> Hardly a nonsense approach to think i'm better off hoping the RNG pays off with a free ascended armor piece, even with my crappy luck.

https://gw2efficiency.com/crafting/ascended?filter.type=0

Standard Zojjas' armor is about 40-50g.

> I'm not trying to get rich nor do I play fractals or any Gw2 content to get rich.

> All I care about is having fun and being able to progress at my own pace and freedom, I don't like getting stuck behind timegated rewards specially when they neither make sense nor serve any valid purpose.

If there are no longterm rewards MMOs would die out. The attunements came very very very late for veterans - the ones they are made for. Many frac veterans have left or stopped playing (long) before due to boredom and no actual reward progression.

You should take your fun from playing the content since you belong to the newer fractal player base and not lurking for rewards which will come soon in the future.

> It would cost me hundreds of gold to upgrade my AR or craft asended gear so either way both options suck.

No, crafting a +14 for casual T4 gameplay is just a terrible decision since a +14 cannot cap your needs at all and you need to spend way more than crafting one more asc part + 2 +7s. The gold difference is higher than 100g for just those 14 AR.

> I'm better off going after the attunments and relying on lucking out with free ascended armor drops.

Gl then but it's way better and more intelligent to fully gear your main with asc asap via crafting and take the rng drops for the next chars.

> Two things that are unfarmable in fractals due to requiring vast numbers of relics only available from daily timegated rewards.. hence the whole point of my original comment.

Asc gear was never intended to be farmed and it's good that this is still not a thing in GW2!

> And again don't twist my argument into expecting stuff for nothing when i'm asking for the total opposite.

> I'm more than willing to spend a few months farming fractals at my own pace for pristine relics than I am to spend more than a year doing dailies every.. single.. day for the same payoff.

You don't need to do fractals every day. Even if you're doing them once in a while you make a lot more money than the majority of the GW2 player base.

[ANet Ben wrote (in November 2017)](

)

> The idea behind mist attunement is to provide a **very long term prestige reward** for people who have been **playing fractals for years**. _It's not intended to be an accessible reward_, it's something that you work towards when you have nothing else to buy. The power boosts are there to make the augmentation feel rewarding and make long term fractalers feel more powerful, but the boosts are small enough that nobody in their right mind should require it based on the power. They may require the title as they do already for 100CM, but due to the cost they will be waiting in LFG for a very long time to get a full party. The encryption and relic boosts are there to help recoup the gold cost (which is very high) but even then it will take you a very very long time to break even, so you shouldn't be buying this for the increased rewards either. All those things are just icing on the cake, the real purpose is prestige.

And in the same thread, ANet Ben also writes:

> Yeah the point is for the costs to be higher than the power gain, otherwise it's too much power creep. As I said the point is prestige not stats.

> **I wanted to include matrices and infusions so that you could spend your stockpiles, and to help raise the value of those things.** Matrices were getting lower than we want, such that salvaging rings was becoming unprofitable.

> ...This is what you buy when there is nothing else.

> Fractals is the only mode with more vertical progression, and that's by design. ... You are free to disagree with it as a design decision, but that's how things are now.

(**emphasis** and _emphasis_ added)

In response to questions

>> [Q](

): Will the Agony Impedance buff be increased further in the future please? It'd be a fantastic long term goal to have account-wide agony, rather than just focusing on Ascended armour for every toon.

> [A](

): We were worried about the impact on ascended crafting if we have too much account AR. So maybe?

> @"Teratus.2859" said:

> Yet like we both said the attunements don't benefit the vet players.. The title is pretty much the only thing they care for where as those of us still working our way up could seriously use that extra AR and relic drops.

See above: it's a long-term prestige reward; it's meant for those who play a lot of fractals, not folks who are working their way up.

> I've never even owned a quater of that gold at any one time in the entire 6 years i've been playing this game.

You have **spent** more than 1000 gold since you started playing. Some people choose to spend on multiple toons, some on skins, some on changing gear right & left, some on their guild halls. Just doing dailies for two years generates 1.4k in coin.

> Yes you might be sitting on millions of Karma but most of us are not, least not anymore. Saving up a few million takes a very long time for some people.

Apparently you've chosen to spend your karma on "cool stuff," rather than save it for other things.

> @"Teratus.2859" said:

> As I said I don't care about the title and I don't really care about the loot and making gold either,

Then these titles are not for you.

So this discussion got pretty big, haha. I want to add a few things:

1.) If your low on karma, park 1 character at the peach tree in doric's landing. Log in, eat a peach, 1.5k karma daily. Park another in bloodstone fen, log in, 5 aerial skills + 10 purple orbs = 3k karma daily. Its true that living story has depleted a lot of karma reserves, with (for example) the siren's landing back pack collection (1.5 million karma I think) and the prototype rewinder and some other stuff. But the dailies introduced through living story maps are great sources of daily fast karma. Start farming daily before you need it.

2.) If you don't have ascended armor, do raids in exotics+ascended. Obviously you shouldn't try to do the hardest raids, but escort, trio, cairn, mursaat overseer. They are all very easy bosses, literally I think these bosses are easier than some open world pve events (and not just the crazy ones like serpent's ire), and certainly easier than some of the harder fractals. Note: You can run bosses more than once and get magnetite again. You could literally cap magnetite by just running escort a bunch of times. After a few weeks of capping 150 shards, you will be able to by some armor.

3.) If your looking at deroir augmentations as a way around gearing an ascended character and getting AR, your incredibly misguided. Those augmentations are no where near efficient.

Imo fractal god is = efficient farming or dedicated to fractal tittle. :) it shows the person spent a lot of time in there. Doesn't mean he is a pro player. Any normal player or u called casuals can get the title if he live in fractal long enough. ?

A few of my friends have it .. they have done lots of lvl 40 / 50 repetition farms .. this game is quite casual anyway.. unless you do raid low men or PvP against more than 1 good player .. 4 v 1 fair fights..

> @"Vinceman.4572" said:

>

> > And for the record I don't expect anything handed to me, I've not asked for attunements to be given away or made cheaper.. all I've asked for is the option to earn additional pristine relics through playing the kitten game instead of being locked behind a daily timegate so I can actually farm fractals and get the stuff I want/need to progress without having it restricted to months of necessary daily playing which isn't always possible for a vast number of players.

> > Don't twist it into some bs about being lazy and expecting stuff for nothing when i'm asking for the complete opposite.

>

> You don't need additional pristines if you are not aiming for the titles or the extra reward. You'll gain enough via just playing fractals. There's no need to speed things up and make them faster to acquire.

>

Completing dailies, timegates.

Things I don't always have time to do as do many others.

Hence why Pristines should be in some way farmable even if in ridiculously small amount.

God even dungeon tokens are farmable in small amounts outside the big daily chunk you get per path and thats before the frequenter achievement.

> > Most of the hardcore people who can afford to play Gw2 15 hours a day sure.

> > Those who aren't sitting on millions of Karma find themselves out of luck when there's cool stuff that costs a fortune in Karma added to the game, hence why many of us were bled dry by living world venders.

> > Karma is resource most of us earn in very small quantity, specially if we exclusively play PvE and are not able to play all day every day.

> > Takes years to save up millions and we can blow through a chunk of that in one living world release.

>

> Not true at all. Karma gets handed out in almost every content you are playing in GW2 unless you are not dungeon running only. Also, if you need the karma then don't spend it on minis or tonics in ls maps asap. There's no achievement for that (even if it were, you don't belong to the top of the AP ladder rank so it wouldn't affect you in the slightest) and since ls maps won't be deleted there is no reason to get them all instantly. Heck, you can even only run around with one mini at a time. Additionally one single ls release won't diminish the karma storage you can build up between releases.

>

Yes it does.. in puny little sips that are nothing compared to the amounts you need for a lot of the things added in living world.

Even using boosters the Karma income is pretty garbage, still takes a long time to save it up when you don't have it.

This game is all about cosmetic rewards simply saying don't buy stuff you want is hardly a defense dude, and these items don't get cheaper over time like trading post stuff does.

A cool tonic that costs almost 200,000 Karma is going to keep costing almost 200,000 Karma, and it still going to take some people a good while to save up that much.

> > Ergo RNG.

>

> No, because the boxes are an extra.

It's still RNG whether you get one.

> > 40g wow who's your vendor?

> > I count more than 60g current pricing just a pair of ascended boots, more for chest and legs.

> > Hardly a nonsense approach to think i'm better off hoping the RNG pays off with a free ascended armor piece, even with my crappy luck.

>

> https://gw2efficiency.com/crafting/ascended?filter.type=0

> Standard Zojjas' armor is about 40-50g.

>

You can stop tagging the 3rd party site I'm more than familiar with it.

I used the trading post to get that figure btw, I trust that more than 3rd party sites.

> > I'm not trying to get rich nor do I play fractals or any Gw2 content to get rich.

> > All I care about is having fun and being able to progress at my own pace and freedom, I don't like getting stuck behind timegated rewards specially when they neither make sense nor serve any valid purpose.

>

> If there are no longterm rewards MMOs would die out. The attunements came very very very late for veterans - the ones they are made for. Many frac veterans have left or stopped playing (long) before due to boredom and no actual reward progression.

> You should take your fun from playing the content since you belong to the newer fractal player base and not lurking for rewards which will come soon in the future.

>

And that is easily fixed by adding expensive rewards and giving players the option to obtain them at their own pace.

Which is exactly what i'm arguing for.

Locking specific currencies behind a daily time gate is the worst way to go about this.. those who play dailies will stockpile enough to just buy everything when it comes out.. like you did, and then those who start out and set their sights on something specific will more than likely give up when they realize they are forced to play dailiy for months to get it done.

The price isn't what puts people off it's being forced to play daily when they don't want to or literally cant.

Take that away and I would bet more people will want to get into fractals thus increasing the active playerbase in ever tier.

> > I'm better off going after the attunments and relying on lucking out with free ascended armor drops.

>

> Gl then but it's way better and more intelligent to fully gear your main with asc asap via crafting and take the rng drops for the next chars.

>

I don't intend on making a second fractal character so I've no use for ascended armor on my other characters.

Fractals is the only content I play where it's neccessary.

> > And again don't twist my argument into expecting stuff for nothing when i'm asking for the total opposite.

> > I'm more than willing to spend a few months farming fractals at my own pace for pristine relics than I am to spend more than a year doing dailies every.. single.. day for the same payoff.

>

> You don't need to do fractals every day. Even if you're doing them once in a while you make a lot more money than the majority of the GW2 player base.

>

I keep saying it's not about the gold, it's about the prestine relics and the uneccessary daily timegate on them.

You're the one making the argument defending them being daily.. can't really tell me not to play daily after telling me to play daily lol

I think this has gotten too ridiculous and far too long, All i'm saying is that players shouldn't be penalized for wanting to be able to farm fractals.

If you need 50 pristine relics you shouldn't have to wait weeks to get them and be forced to log in daily for it.

People should be able to obtain them by actually playing the content normally whenever they've the time to do it.

I'd rather spend a good weekend running tons of fractals with friends and earning a bunch of golden weapon skins but since pristines are daily locked that isn't possible and running those fractals is pretty much a big waste of time since I can't actually earn the things I'm specifically there to earn.. so instead of playing fractals me and my friends go play something else instead.

If you want more people playing fractals you have to see how that is counter productive to that goal right?

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > Fractals is the only mode with more vertical progression, and that's by design. ... You are free to disagree with it as a design decision, but that's how things are now.

>

> (**emphasis** and _emphasis_ added)

>

I got all that but I still disagree with it as I am free to do so :P

> > Yes you might be sitting on millions of Karma but most of us are not, least not anymore. Saving up a few million takes a very long time for some people.

> Apparently you've chosen to spend your karma on "cool stuff," rather than save it for other things.

>

Spend it on cool stuff rather than save it for cool stuff.. I don't see the argument here xD

The whole point is to spend it, It would just be cool if it didn't take forever to save it back up lol

> > As I said I don't care about the title and I don't really care about the loot and making gold either,

> Then these titles are not for you.

>

To be fair titles are worthless and absurdly excessive in Gw2 anyway.

Not like the first game where they actually have prestige to them.

You could put a title in the game for maxing out the in game wallet with every currency available and nobody would give a damn about the 2-3 people running around displaying it xD

As I said in the other responses it was never about the title it was about the account AR, bonus relics and karma which would be very useful for someone in my position as well as everyone below me working up to higher level fractals, yet seems utterly wasted on the hardcore fractal players who already have in excess all of those things but remain the target audeince for them and the inability to actively farm for those benefits due to daily reward restrictions demanding around a year of daily playing.

The main problem there not being the price, the price could be 5 times higher and I wouldn't care.

Problem is the daily locked rewards which imo should be farmable by playing fractals.

> @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > Fractals is the only mode with more vertical progression, and that's by design. ... You are free to disagree with it as a design decision, but that's how things are now.

> >

> > (**emphasis** and _emphasis_ added)

> >

> I got all that but I still disagree with it as I am free to do so :P

>

> > > Yes you might be sitting on millions of Karma but most of us are not, least not anymore. Saving up a few million takes a very long time for some people.

> > Apparently you've chosen to spend your karma on "cool stuff," rather than save it for other things.

> >

> Spend it on cool stuff rather than save it for cool stuff.. I don't see the argument here xD

> The whole point is to spend it, It would just be cool if it didn't take forever to save it back up lol

>

> > > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > > As I said I don't care about the title and I don't really care about the loot and making gold either,

> > Then these titles are not for you.

> >

> To be fair titles are worthless and absurdly excessive in Gw2 anyway.

> Not like the first game where they actually have prestige to them.

> You could put a title in the game for maxing out the in game wallet with every currency available and nobody would give a kitten about the 2-3 people running around displaying it xD

> As I said in the other responses it was never about the title it was about the account AR, bonus relics and karma which would be very useful for someone in my position as well as everyone below me working up to higher level fractals, yet seems utterly wasted on the hardcore fractal players who already have in excess all of those things but remain the target audeince for them and the inability to actively farm for those benefits due to daily reward restrictions demanding around a year of daily playing.

> The main problem there not being the price, the price could be 5 times higher and I wouldn't care.

> Problem is the daily locked rewards which imo should be farmable by playing fractals.

>

From what I understand, here, it seems like you would like to farm specific easy fractals and get pristine relics that way. Furthermore, judging from your replies to @"Vinceman.4572" , you do not understand basic fractal loot, or how to properly equip a toon for fractals (ascended gear plus infusions). Those titles are something of a prestige for people who put a lot of daily effort in fractals for years, or commitment for many months via daily CM and T4. Does it help them in T4 a lot? No, it doesnt, as someone who has done those fractals a LOT to get the titles certainly wouldnt need the extra 100 hp/sec, or the extra AR. I am sure ANET knows it is very easy to get ascended gear and infusions, as well, nowadays. Crafting, drops, collections, loads of stuff. You said you also wouldnt gear another toon for fractals, why would you need account-wide AR boost? It is certainly a looooot cheaper to just get one toon (hell, even multiple toons) to 150 AR than do any mist attunement... Maybe you should heed the advice people gave you as far as fractals are concerned, genuinely good tips were given out.

> @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> From what I understand, here, it seems like you would like to farm specific easy fractals and get pristine relics that way.

You can already do that, though it's limited by daily timegate and diminished rewards but no that's what i'm arguing for.

>Furthermore, judging from your replies to @"Vinceman.4572" , you do not understand basic fractal loot, or how to properly equip a toon for fractals (ascended gear plus infusions). Those titles are something of a prestige for people who put a lot of daily effort in fractals for years, or commitment for many months via daily CM and T4. Does it help them in T4 a lot? No, it doesnt, as someone who has done those fractals a LOT to get the titles certainly wouldnt need the extra 100 hp/sec, or the extra AR. I am sure ANET knows it is very easy to get ascended gear and infusions, as well, nowadays. Crafting, drops, collections, loads of stuff. You said you also wouldnt gear another toon for fractals, why would you need account-wide AR boost? It is certainly a looooot cheaper to just get one toon (hell, even multiple toons) to 150 AR than do any mist attunement... Maybe you should heed the advice people gave you as far as fractals are concerned, genuinely good tips were given out.

Any farming method would be acceptable so long as it's not timegated which is the only problem I have with the currency.

I've already said it wouldn't matter what these things were priced at so long as the currency was farmable.

By all means reward 1 pristine per fractal and make everything that costs 10 pristines cost 100 instead.

At least i'd be encouraged to play fractals to earn fractal rewards rather than exclusively do dailies which is what most people currently do.

It really doesn't matter what it is.. I have a problem with most of the pointless timgated stuff be it fractals, crafting, old unique items like Mawdry etc

Timegates are useful at first to stop people rushing through new content I get that, but after a certain amount of time they just become a big screw you to everyone and intentionally block progress for absolutely no good reason.

If the devs want people playing fractals which is a no brainer they do, then blocking people's progress with daily timgated rewards just makes no sense.. letting them farm = more people playing more often.

Same can be applied to raids which I constantly hear about having low population problems.

Make the rewards expensive and let people farm them at their own pace.. that's how you keep people actively playing content rather than just doing their dailies and going somewhere else.