Ideas to tone down offensive AoEs

Swagger.1459

Having a group that’s organized by utilizing the two class specs fb/scourge to effectively mindlessly spam Condi aoe’s everywhere stacking with other scourges while the fb farts out boons all just pushing and pulling with another large group while other classes pick away at scraps hardly consist of anything that remotely resembles skill and organization.maybe for this game it does lol it may be the most effective but that doesn’t mean it skillful,organized nor healthy gamplay

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Israel.7056" said:

> > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > No because fb/scourge are still carrying the battle far more than any two should be

>

> Alright so bring your fb/scourge/rev only map queue pug blob and we will rick roll you with probably half as many guards and necros as you and we will see what carries and what doesn't.

>

>

How many supports do you play in your above average number comp? 12 or 18? 2Fb/grp?

> @"Israel.7056" said:

> > No because fb/scourge are still carrying the battle far more than any two should be

>

> Alright so bring your fb/scourge/rev only map queue pug blob and we will rick roll you with probably half as many guards and necros as you and we will see what carries and what doesn't.

>

>please School me and the rest of the class ur magical organized group that isn’t carried by fb/scourges and explain how and what the other classes that are contributing anywhere close to the same degree to the kill ratio and to the out come of the battles of the spamming scourges. Vid pls to :)

> @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > @"Swagger.1459" said:

> > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > @"Swagger.1459" said:

> > > > > @"Israel.7056" said:

> > > > > Necros do not need more mobility they need to learn to make friends with people who play support. This is a team based game mode not a solo farming game like bdo.

> > > > >

> > > > > I think if anything the target cap should be increased to 10 on more skills.

> > > > >

> > > > > All these people complaining about damage are playing the game from an extremely disorganized perspective which is to say they're not in a guild. I play with an organized guild I can tell you there's no problem with damage or build diversity for that matter.

> > > > >

> > > > > Bring whatever 3/9 basic kitten pug blob you want we will run you over with a 30 man 7/9 comp any day of the week. You don't understand this game when you play it on rookie mode.

> > > >

> > > > Ben P...

> > > >

> > > > “There are just too many AOEs being flung around.”

> > > >

> > > > Your solution...

> > > >

> > > > “I think if anything the target cap should be increased to 10 on more skills.”

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > So you want to increase potency of AoEs to address the issue of “too many AoEs being flung around”? What do you think Ben’s response would be to that?

> > >

> > > So, that is kind of disingenuous. @"Israel.7056" didnt day he wanted more AOEs. He stated a higher skill cap.

> > >

> > > For all we know, he may want less skills that can AOE.

> >

> > ““I think if anything the target cap should be increased to 10 on more skills.”

> >

> > That’s like saying “I think Thief needs more stealth”...

> >

>

> This way of thinking shouldn’t surprise you in this forum lol

Remember that he is in a guild that likes to kills zergs, higher aoe cap means number factor drops significantly

> > > > > Necros do not need more mobility they need to learn to make friends with people who play support. This is a team based game mode not a solo farming game like bdo.

> > > > >

> > > > > I think if anything the target cap should be increased to 10 on more skills.

> > > > >

> > > > > All these people complaining about damage are playing the game from an extremely disorganized perspective which is to say they're not in a guild. I play with an organized guild I can tell you there's no problem with damage or build diversity for that matter.

> > > > >

> > > > > Bring whatever 3/9 basic kitten pug blob you want we will run you over with a 30 man 7/9 comp any day of the week. You don't understand this game when you play it on rookie mode.

> > > >

> > > > Ben P...

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Your solution...

> > > >

> > > > “I think if anything the target cap should be increased to 10 on more skills.”

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > So you want to increase potency of AoEs to address the issue of “too many AoEs being flung around”? What do you think Ben’s response would be to that?

> > >

> > > So, that is kind of disingenuous. @"Israel.7056" didnt day he wanted more AOEs. He stated a higher skill cap.

> > >

> >

> > ““I think if anything the target cap should be increased to 10 on more skills.”

> >

> >

>

I try, I really do. I mean if all issues could be resolved by multiplying the problems by 2 then wvw would be golden, right?

Maybe players are on to something, and worth a shot to address stuff like damage creep by increasing damage? Too many condis and cc? No worries, just double the effect and durations... Steath? Everyone gets a free perma stealth button and we remove all sources of reveal.

What could possibly go wrong?

I'm amazed about how many consider scourge the main offender when it comes to aoe dmg in zerg fights. Sure, the class has a lot of aoe, but the dmg isn't bursty at all and unlike other aoe it is highly telegraphed and even in the biggest zergfights you can't overlook it. It's main purpose is boon corruption, not dmg. Dieing to scourges is often a matter of bad positioning/movement. The real killers are hammer revs and a few other burst builds (eg. weaver with meteorshower). As glass ele, hammer revs are ~95% responsible for my downstates/deaths in zergfights, because they can deal instant 10k+ dmg out of nowhere and there is no way to see it coming within all that visual clutter. That's the kind of dmg that can only be countered by passive procs. But scourge does not justify unnerfed passive procs at all.

> @"Frozen.1347" said:

> I'm amazed about how many consider scourge the main offender when it comes to aoe dmg in zerg fights. Sure, the class has a lot of aoe, but the dmg isn't bursty at all and unlike other aoe it is highly telegraphed and even in the biggest zergfights you can't overlook it. It's main purpose is boon corruption, not dmg. Dieing to scourges is often a matter of bad positioning/movement. The real killers are hammer revs and a few other burst builds (eg. weaver with meteorshower). As glass ele, hammer revs are ~95% responsible for my downstates/deaths in zergfights, because they can deal instant 10k+ dmg out of nowhere and there is no way to see it coming within all that visual clutter. That's the kind of dmg that can only be countered by passive procs. But scourge does not justify unnerfed passive procs at all.

it's a combination, you can't do as much as high damage if you don't remove boons first. remember that scourge are played as power nowadays so they apply pressure with corrupt while having enough damage to make you use lots of CD. After that, Revs can pick you up like flies.

> @"Swagger.1459" said:

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > @"Swagger.1459" said:

> > > > @"Israel.7056" said:

> > > > Necros do not need more mobility they need to learn to make friends with people who play support. This is a team based game mode not a solo farming game like bdo.

> > > >

> > > > I think if anything the target cap should be increased to 10 on more skills.

> > > >

> > > > All these people complaining about damage are playing the game from an extremely disorganized perspective which is to say they're not in a guild. I play with an organized guild I can tell you there's no problem with damage or build diversity for that matter.

> > > >

> > > > Bring whatever 3/9 basic kitten pug blob you want we will run you over with a 30 man 7/9 comp any day of the week. You don't understand this game when you play it on rookie mode.

> > >

> > > Ben P...

> > >

> > > “There are just too many AOEs being flung around.”

> > >

> > > Your solution...

> > >

> > > “I think if anything the target cap should be increased to 10 on more skills.”

> > >

> > >

> > > So you want to increase potency of AoEs to address the issue of “too many AoEs being flung around”? What do you think Ben’s response would be to that?

> >

> > So, that is kind of disingenuous. @"Israel.7056" didnt day he wanted more AOEs. He stated a higher skill cap.

> >

> > For all we know, he may want less skills that can AOE.

>

> ““I think if anything the target cap should be increased to 10 on more skills.”

>

> That’s like saying “I think Thief needs more stealth”...

>

Again, you aren’t addressing what I wrote, and again, he isn’t saying more AOEs are needed.

Like our other poster who has decided to go off topic about single target issues in an AOE thread.

You are not staying true to what was posted.

I neither agree nor disagree at this point as no one has been able to convince me one way or another, and quite honestly, when you bring hyperbole into the argument it devalues your opinion, and that isn’t fair to your position.

> @"Swagger.1459" said:

> Maybe players are on to something, and worth a shot to address stuff like damage creep by increasing damage? Too many condis and cc? No worries, just double the effect and durations... Steath? Everyone gets a free perma stealth button and we remove all sources of reveal.

>

> What could possibly go wrong?

The problem is very low skill mostly non social players (only pug never play in a guild) complaining about stuff they only have a surface level understanding of because they never get good enough to see the game in a more advanced way. There isn't too much damage, the amount of damage is absolutely fine, very easy to deal with in most cases, most people are just abysmal at using dodges appropriately, movement and positioning in general and using TEAMWORK to mitigate a bomb. There isn't too much CC most people we fight are just really really bad at managing stab and avoiding easily avoidable CCs. Half of the guild groups we fight are legit run by skill clickers who can't even get one stab rotation right let alone two. Stealth is absolutely fine in team play, there's very easy reliable counterplay to it. If you're getting 100-0 by a thief out of stealth your supports are terrible for not ressing you instantly and you were way out of position to get jumped in the middle of nowhere like that. The SECOND someone stealths you should be calling that out to your guards and your engis to let them know you're in trouble. If someone gets a good stealth ambush on you then that's fair play, that's what stealth is for learn map awareness get better at the game.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Ben P...

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Your solution...

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

>

So... this from the poster who shifted to a complaint in this SOE thread about a primarily single target class?

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Ben P...

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Your solution...

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

>

> Again, you aren’t addressing what I wrote, and again, he isn’t saying more AOEs are needed.

>

> Like our other poster who has decided to go off topic about single target issues in an AOE thread.

>

> You are not staying true to what was posted.

>

> I neither agree nor disagree at this point as no one has been able to convince me one way or another, and quite honestly, when you bring hyperbole into the argument it devalues your opinion, and that isn’t fair to your position.

You are not reading that correctly and interpreting it wrong.

You don’t address problems with AoEs by making AoEs more potent... And asking for an increase in targets is asking for an increase to the overall problem...

> @"Acyk.9671" said:

> Remember that he is in a guild that likes to kills zergs, higher aoe cap means number factor drops significantly

It's true the aoe cap is a huge crutch and it has made it fairly easy for larger groups to just w key over people they outnumber in relative safety for as long as I can remember.

> @"Frozen.1347" said:

> I'm amazed about how many consider scourge the main offender when it comes to aoe dmg in zerg fights. Sure, the class has a lot of aoe, but the dmg isn't bursty at all and unlike other aoe it is highly telegraphed and even in the biggest zergfights you can't overlook it. It's main purpose is boon corruption, not dmg. Dieing to scourges is often a matter of bad positioning/movement. The real killers are hammer revs and a few other burst builds (eg. weaver with meteorshower). As glass ele, hammer revs are ~95% responsible for my downstates/deaths in zergfights, because they can deal instant 10k+ dmg out of nowhere and there is no way to see it coming within all that visual clutter. That's the kind of dmg that can only be countered by passive procs. But scourge does not justify unnerfed passive procs at all.

Scourge aoe’s damage aren’t high at all on a per aoe cast. The issue is every large battle consist of a large group surrounded by red zones everywhere,not just around the immediate area of the group but a good distance around the group and when these red zones get stacked with condi’s and cc’s it forces everyone to either fight at range push/pull between the groups or if u can pop some defencive skills ie blocks or invulnerability and jump in truly to do some quick burst damage than if u have a escape skill and don’t get cc’d and locked in place u jump out or watch ur hp drain in seconds. I’m not saying there’s not a lot of other classes that are mixed in with the groups doing damage to players outside of the red zones or many inside deleting players caught in them in the zones. I’m just saying as far as effectiveness no class comes close to how much of an impact a group of scourges have in every battle. Even when ur fighting opponents outside of the red zones usually within seconds u and the area sound u is covered and stacked with them making u have to fall back or die in seconds. I’d like to see a vid of any large group taking another group on without scourge’s puking all over the place while standing a chance, cuz I’ve never seen one in last 2yrs

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > @"Swagger.1459" said:

> > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > > @"Swagger.1459" said:

> > > > > > @"Israel.7056" said:

> > > > > > Necros do not need more mobility they need to learn to make friends with people who play support. This is a team based game mode not a solo farming game like bdo.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I think if anything the target cap should be increased to 10 on more skills.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > All these people complaining about damage are playing the game from an extremely disorganized perspective which is to say they're not in a guild. I play with an organized guild I can tell you there's no problem with damage or build diversity for that matter.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Bring whatever 3/9 basic kitten pug blob you want we will run you over with a 30 man 7/9 comp any day of the week. You don't understand this game when you play it on rookie mode.

> > > > >

> > > > > Ben P...

> > > > >

> > > > > “There are just too many AOEs being flung around.”

> > > > >

> > > > > Your solution...

> > > > >

> > > > > “I think if anything the target cap should be increased to 10 on more skills.”

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > So you want to increase potency of AoEs to address the issue of “too many AoEs being flung around”? What do you think Ben’s response would be to that?

> > > >

> > > > So, that is kind of disingenuous. @"Israel.7056" didnt day he wanted more AOEs. He stated a higher skill cap.

> > > >

> > > > For all we know, he may want less skills that can AOE.

> > >

> > > ““I think if anything the target cap should be increased to 10 on more skills.”

> > >

> > > That’s like saying “I think Thief needs more stealth”...

> > >

> >

> > This way of thinking shouldn’t surprise you in this forum lol

>

>

> So... this from the poster who shifted to a complaint in this SOE thread about a primarily single target class?

>

>

Actually I did not shift to single target anything I merely responded to someone who did and was I who mentioned moving back on topic as this was a aoe thread. Get ur facts straight before make accusations thanks

> > @"Frozen.1347" said:

> > I'm amazed about how many consider scourge the main offender when it comes to aoe dmg in zerg fights. Sure, the class has a lot of aoe, but the dmg isn't bursty at all and unlike other aoe it is highly telegraphed and even in the biggest zergfights you can't overlook it. It's main purpose is boon corruption, not dmg. Dieing to scourges is often a matter of bad positioning/movement. The real killers are hammer revs and a few other burst builds (eg. weaver with meteorshower). As glass ele, hammer revs are ~95% responsible for my downstates/deaths in zergfights, because they can deal instant 10k+ dmg out of nowhere and there is no way to see it coming within all that visual clutter. That's the kind of dmg that can only be countered by passive procs. But scourge does not justify unnerfed passive procs at all.

>

> Scourge aoe’s damage aren’t high at all on a per aoe cast. The issue is every large battle consist of a large group surrounded by red zones everywhere,not just around the immediate area of the group but a good distance around the group and when these red zones get stacked with condi’s and cc’s it forces everyone to either fight at range push/pull between the groups or if u can pop some defencive skills ie blocks or invulnerability and jump in truly to do some quick burst damage than if u have a escape skill and don’t get cc’d and locked in place u jump out or watch ur hp drain in seconds. I’m not saying there’s not a lot of other classes that are mixed in with the groups doing damage to players outside of the red zones or many inside deleting players caught in them in the zones. I’m just saying as far as effectiveness no class comes close to how much of an impact a group of scourges have in every battle. Even when ur fighting opponents outside of the red zones usually within seconds u and the area sound u is covered and stacked with them making u have to fall back or die in seconds. I’d like to see a vid of any large group taking another group on without scourge’s puking all over the place while standing a chance, cuz I’ve never seen one in last 2yrs

I'm not saying scourges aren't impactful in zergfights (they are mainly because of the boon corrupts), what i'm saying is that their aoe isn't what justifys the existence of passive procs, because it is always possible to react to and play arround it (whether players want to do that is a different story).

> @"Israel.7056" said:

> > @"Sylosi.6503" said:

> > You don't understand the game if you think it is anything but rookie mode.

>

> And yet these guys think there's too much damage in the game

Don’t think the issue in this thread is about aoe’s damage in an individual bases but due to design or mechanics whether it’s exploitation or not groups of scourges stacking their ranged aoe’s everywhere in and around a good chunk of area around their team by mindlessly spamming has far to great of a presence within every Zerg battle and should be toned down not gutted. Scourges should be impactful in a team setting as that seems to be a designed strength it has just been tuned a bit too far.

> Don’t think the issue in this thread is about aoe’s damage in an individual bases but due to design or mechanics whether it’s exploitation or not groups of scourges stacking their ranged aoe’s everywhere in and around a good chunk of area around their team by mindlessly spamming has far to great of a presence within every Zerg battle and should be toned down not gutted. Scourges should be impactful in a team setting as that seems to be a designed strength it has just been tuned a bit too far.

A group that "mindlessly spams" their scourge hit will lose every time to a group that patiently times and coordinates their scourge hit properly. Spamming random shade skills off CD does absolutely nothing against an even semi organized group and wasting wells is even worse as they have relatively longer cds.

The scourge hit itself is usually very easy to avoid, you can literally walk out of it in most cases and it's very well telegraphed because the shade circles are a range indicator that show you about where the wells are going to be going down. Remember that almost all their hard hitting stuff is 900 range or less. Most of the time avoiding a necro hit amounts to dodging once to the left or the right. That's really all it usually takes. The fact that so many people fail at something that simple is mind boggling to me.

As a side note one thing I tend to notice is how many people do not appear to have strafe keys bound as they seemingly only move forwards or backwards which means they're going to have trouble avoiding a scourge hit because they can't quickly dodge left or right.

Most zergs fights in my server there’s no need for scourges to skillfully aim they just cover the entire area with stacked red zones and moving,dodging,strafing or leaping outa the aoe’s usually not only require a stunbreak due to cc’s also being farted out to stun,knock down,immobilize and pull u etc to keep u in the zones and usually u need a good distance escape skill to out run it once ur in it lol

> @"Israel.7056" said:

> > Don’t think the issue in this thread is about aoe’s damage in an individual bases but due to design or mechanics whether it’s exploitation or not groups of scourges stacking their ranged aoe’s everywhere in and around a good chunk of area around their team by mindlessly spamming has far to great of a presence within every Zerg battle and should be toned down not gutted. Scourges should be impactful in a team setting as that seems to be a designed strength it has just been tuned a bit too far.

>

> A group that "mindlessly spams" their scourge hit will lose every time to a group that patiently times and coordinates their scourge hit properly. Spamming random shade skills off CD does absolutely nothing against an even semi organized group and wasting wells is even worse as they have relatively longer cds.

>

> The scourge hit itself is usually very easy to avoid, you can literally walk out of it in most cases and it's very well telegraphed because the shade circles are a range indicator that show you about where the wells are going to be going down. Remember that almost all their hard hitting stuff is 900 range or less. Most of the time avoiding a necro hit amounts to dodging once to the left or the right. That's really all it usually takes. The fact that so many people fail at something that simple is mind boggling to me.

>

> As a side note one thing I tend to notice is how many people do not appear to have strafe keys bound as they seemingly only move forwards or backwards which means they're going to have trouble avoiding a scourge hit because they can't quickly dodge left or right.

if damage wasn't a problem, why people have been pirate shipping like mad crazy since PoF came out. NA is even worse than Eu in that department. Obviously if people don't know that you bomb when closing range...