• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > @"Mickey Frogeater.1470" said:

> > > @"ugrakarma.9416" said:

> > > butterflies and purple things Lyssa is coming.> @"Chorne.8195" said:

> > > > And those look significantly different from our mesmer butterflies, not just in color but in shape as well. Is that an effect from some sort of elonian mesmer spell, or are they some sort of effect from some elonian animal or something? Perhaps we'll meet an elonian mesmer character who will partake in some subterfuge mission with Faren. But in that case, why isn't Kasmeer here?

> > >

> > > its means Lyssa is coming.

> >

> > Butterflies are Green which would mean either Lyss or Ilya is a Necro/Mesmer hybrid if that's the case... Probably the true identity of Palawa Joko as well(wonder how her sister would react to her sibling terrorizing Elona for centuries...).

>

> Could be scarabs.

I'm going with scarabs. If you listen to the music at the trailer's start, there's a bit of "plinking" going on with some sort of stringed instrument that I always associate with the sort of horror movies where swarms of insects figure heavily.

> @"Overlord RainyDay.2084" said:

> Do we really know that the branded are rallying? They always seemed to be the least organized of the dragon minions. Destoryers occasionally work in concert to attack targets, Jormag sends his minions out to build cults and spread his influence. Mordremoth, organized the mordrem into an army, and zhaitan took advantage of the organization and intelligence his minions had from when they were alive. However, the branded we've seen mostly just seem to mill about the brand. The brand seems to spread on its own, while those corrupted just seem to lash out at anyone in arm's reach. Are they really rallying, or did he just happen to land in, and thus brand one of the most populous regions of Elona?

>

> I'm still not convinced Kralk cares anything about anyone else, not his own "army", nor the pact. He hasn't shown any sign of needing his minions, like zhaitan did, and no sign of being afraid of anyone against him, even Balthazar and his warbeast.

It was specifically stated as far back as vanilla that the branded as a whole have been migrating south ever since Kralkatorik's awakening and flight in that direction. That was part of the reason why Steeleye Span works as a fortification, and why the majority of its guns face north.

> Just because they were together in EotN, doesn't mean they have to be bundled now. I think there's more than enough room to have two expansions in the combined area of the verdant cascades, far shiverpeaks, blood legion homelands, and the unexplored areas of ascalon.

Na, the introduction of mounts in PoF means maps have gotten a lot bigger. If you take the combined area of PoF's maps, as well as well as like 5 or 6 LW maps, it would cover pretty much all of it. It was actually kidn of hard organizing it to fit even one expansion + its accompanying LW stuff, two expansion would be impossible.

Just to explain that one big box, its a combination of Crystal Oasis, Desert Highlands, Elon Riverlands, and The Desolation. I wasn't trying to imply it would be one big map.

![](https://i.imgur.com/bPll7Sg.jpg "")

> @"CETheLucid.3964" said:

> Also during the end of the PoF story when we're fighting Balthazar, our PC comments at a point during the fight it appears Kralkatorrik might have been helping us along with selective fire. Probably not out of the goodness of his heart but from a self-preservation perspective.

>

> Further after Balthazar explodes and Kralkatorrik and Aurene snack on some magic, it's curious they both just leave. I would expect a greedy nigh force of nature to have come down on us after the more pressing threat was dealt with. Glad he didn't mind you but it's curious.

Kralkatorrik is portrayed as semi-irrational, a "force of nature". It is intriguing to me that they have made Mordremoth so communicative, perhaps allusion to him having the domain of the mind.

> @"Sajuuk Khar.1509" said:

> Na, the introduction of mounts in PoF means maps have gotten a lot bigger. If you take the combined area of PoF's maps, as well as well as like 5 or 6 LW maps, it would cover pretty much all of it. It was actually kidn of hard organizing it to fit even one expansion + its accompanying LW stuff, two expansion would be impossible.

There's a **_MASSIVE_** flaw with this argument.

Masteries for one expansion and its related LW are ultimately ignored for follow up expansions. It's why there's no ley lines or updrafts to glide on in PoF and S4. So in Expansion 3 and further, either we'll no longer get "wide open maps with few waypoints that require a large speed boost to traverse accordingly" or we'll be getting something that functions similarly to mounts in terms of traversing long distances.

> @"ugrakarma.9416" said:

> Kralkatorrik is portrayed as semi-irrational, a "force of nature". It is intriguing to me that they have made Mordremoth so communicative, perhaps allusion to him having the domain of the mind.

The whole "force of nature" portrayal of all Elder Dragons (including Mordremoth) was meant to be from the perspective of the ignorant Tyrian, not how they actually are. Zhaitan, Jormag, and Primordus are all given this portrayal in the beginning of the game too, but by late PS/core world maps, Zhaitan and Jormag are both shown to be fully cognizant and rationalizing. Kralkatorrik and Primordus weren't due to how little influence they held in the base game.

> @"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

> There's a **_MASSIVE_** flaw with this argument.

>

> Masteries for one expansion and its related LW are ultimately ignored for follow up expansions. It's why there's no ley lines or updrafts to glide on in PoF and S4. So in Expansion 3 and further, either we'll no longer get "wide open maps with few waypoints that require a large speed boost to traverse accordingly" or we'll be getting something that functions similarly to mounts in terms of traversing long distances.

And the flaw with that argument is that Anet can't just ignore the fact people have mounts now, and as such, can't go back to making those small maps we saw in LWS3, as the people who own PoF will now be able to get through them so fast that they won't last at all.

LW maps could be the size of the S4 maps easily, since they're still smaller than core maps, but that doesn't account for the _expansion maps_, which unless there's some alternative to the current mounts, must be smaller or else people not owning PoF will be at a massive disadvantage in the content they _did_ buy.

So that "If you take the combined area of PoF's maps" statement is where your argument hits a dead stop.

It would be more accurate, no doubt, to expect future expansions and LW will be like HoT + S4 maps rather than PoF + S4 or HoT + S3.

> > @"Overlord RainyDay.2084" said:

> > Do we really know that the branded are rallying? They always seemed to be the least organized of the dragon minions. Destoryers occasionally work in concert to attack targets, Jormag sends his minions out to build cults and spread his influence. Mordremoth, organized the mordrem into an army, and zhaitan took advantage of the organization and intelligence his minions had from when they were alive. However, the branded we've seen mostly just seem to mill about the brand. The brand seems to spread on its own, while those corrupted just seem to lash out at anyone in arm's reach. Are they really rallying, or did he just happen to land in, and thus brand one of the most populous regions of Elona?

> >

> > I'm still not convinced Kralk cares anything about anyone else, not his own "army", nor the pact. He hasn't shown any sign of needing his minions, like zhaitan did, and no sign of being afraid of anyone against him, even Balthazar and his warbeast.

> It was specifically stated as far back as vanilla that the branded as a whole have been migrating south ever since Kralkatorik's awakening and flight in that direction. That was part of the reason why Steeleye Span works as a fortification, and why the majority of its guns face north.

>

> > Just because they were together in EotN, doesn't mean they have to be bundled now. I think there's more than enough room to have two expansions in the combined area of the verdant cascades, far shiverpeaks, blood legion homelands, and the unexplored areas of ascalon.

> Na, the introduction of mounts in PoF means maps have gotten a lot bigger. If you take the combined area of PoF's maps, as well as well as like 5 or 6 LW maps, it would cover pretty much all of it. It was actually kidn of hard organizing it to fit even one expansion + its accompanying LW stuff, two expansion would be impossible.

>

> Just to explain that one big box, its a combination of Crystal Oasis, Desert Highlands, Elon Riverlands, and The Desolation. I wasn't trying to imply it would be one big map.

>

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/bPll7Sg.jpg "")

Pretty good concept, although I greatly prefer the maps be a little closer together so they can be connected with map art and not leave random small spaces

> It would be more accurate, no doubt, to expect future expansions and LW will be like HoT + S4 maps rather than PoF + S4 or HoT + S3.

HoT maps were far smaller then they would have been in any other expansion due to the fact that HoT's whole focus was vertical, and map size in the horizontal planes got lessened in exchange for more vertical elements.

However, since HoT already covered the whole "vertical" thing, it is unlikely future expansions would do the same. So while they may not be PoF sized due to a lack of mount focus, they would be larger then HoT maps since they wont be so vertically focused.

Anyway, I think those butterlies are wrongly called the plague, because:

1) Why would Joko unleash it in Elona, he threatened Tyria- the Commander's homeland.

2) There is no portal between Amnoon and Lion's Arch- for now at least, but even if there would be, how would Joko know about it if he's thousands of miles away from Amnoon?

3) Also butterflies?! I don't know how about you, but I'd die laughing, and the 4th episode main quest will be: catch all the butterflies with butterfly nets:

**Hold the Power of the Butterfly Net to Stop the Deadly Plague!**

Yeah, does it only to me sound like a joke? And the episode will be called: Net of Power- oh we should make an expansion about it! Yes!

He threatened Tyria, not Elona, Crystal Desert, also with Kralkatorrik on the horizon, he would lose all the corpses for him.

I sincerely hope the plague is not some butterflies, if it does, I quit the game, because that would be ridiculous! Also losing one of the main characters and most likeable one- Faren would only be the worst thing ever.

> > @"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

> > It would be more accurate, no doubt, to expect future expansions and LW will be like HoT + S4 maps rather than PoF + S4 or HoT + S3.

> HoT maps were far smaller then they would have been in any other expansion due to the fact that HoT's whole focus was vertical, and map size in the horizontal planes got lessened in exchange for more vertical elements.

Other than Verdant Brink, there was hardly _that_ much vertical designs in HoT maps. Aside from the trial area in AB and the underwater tunnels of TD, the three other maps has **no** layers at all. And the same goes for more S3 maps. Only Bloodstone Fen and Draconis Mons had that vertical nature to them, despite the existence of gliders.

I would also not rule out vertical maps in the future. Domain of Istan contains a couple pockets of such, for example.

> @"Arden.7480" said:

> Anyway, I think those butterlies are wrongly called the plague, because:

>

> 1) Why would Joko unleash it in Elona, he threatened Tyria- the Commander's homeland.

> 2) There is no portal between Amnoon and Lion's Arch- for now at least, but even if there would be, how would Joko know about it if he's thousands of miles away from Amnoon?

> 3) Also butterflies?! I don't know how about you, but I'd die laughing, and the 4th episode main quest will be: catch all the butterflies with butterfly nets:

>

> **Hold the Power of the Butterfly Net to Stop the Deadly Plague!**

>

> Yeah, does it only to me sound like a joke? And the episode will be called: Net of Power- oh we should make an expansion about it! Yes!

>

> He threatened Tyria, not Elona, Crystal Desert, also with Kralkatorrik on the horizon, he would lose all the corpses for him.

>

> I sincerely hope the plague is not some butterflies, if it does, I quit the game, because that would be ridiculous! Also losing one of the main characters and most likeable one- Faren would only be the worst thing ever.

They're not butterflies...

Pause the video and observe. They're wasp shaped.

Similarly used of the ranger sword skills, in fact.

> I could see it being justified if divine energies aren't merely elemental, but personal. That is, if the end of PoF didn't just result in Kraalkatorik chowing down on Bloodstone, Fire, and Ice magic, but also Aggressive Megalomaniac magic, or at least War/Conflict magic.

Kralkatorrik did not absorb Divine energies from Balthazar. The whole point of Balthazar absorbing Elder Dragon energy was to replace the Divine energy he lost to the other Gods, with extra.

> > @"Sajuuk Khar.1509" said:

> > > @"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

> > > It would be more accurate, no doubt, to expect future expansions and LW will be like HoT + S4 maps rather than PoF + S4 or HoT + S3.

> > HoT maps were far smaller then they would have been in any other expansion due to the fact that HoT's whole focus was vertical, and map size in the horizontal planes got lessened in exchange for more vertical elements.

>

> Other than Verdant Brink, there was hardly _that_ much vertical designs in HoT maps. Aside from the trial area in AB and the underwater tunnels of TD, the three other maps has **no** layers at all. And the same goes for more S3 maps. Only Bloodstone Fen and Draconis Mons had that vertical nature to them, despite the existence of gliders.

>

> I would also not rule out vertical maps in the future. Domain of Istan contains a couple pockets of such, for example.

>

> > @"Arden.7480" said:

> > Anyway, I think those butterlies are wrongly called the plague, because:

> >

> > 1) Why would Joko unleash it in Elona, he threatened Tyria- the Commander's homeland.

> > 2) There is no portal between Amnoon and Lion's Arch- for now at least, but even if there would be, how would Joko know about it if he's thousands of miles away from Amnoon?

> > 3) Also butterflies?! I don't know how about you, but I'd die laughing, and the 4th episode main quest will be: catch all the butterflies with butterfly nets:

> >

> > **Hold the Power of the Butterfly Net to Stop the Deadly Plague!**

> >

> > Yeah, does it only to me sound like a joke? And the episode will be called: Net of Power- oh we should make an expansion about it! Yes!

> >

> > He threatened Tyria, not Elona, Crystal Desert, also with Kralkatorrik on the horizon, he would lose all the corpses for him.

> >

> > I sincerely hope the plague is not some butterflies, if it does, I quit the game, because that would be ridiculous! Also losing one of the main characters and most likeable one- Faren would only be the worst thing ever.

>

> They're not butterflies...

>

> Pause the video and observe. They're wasp shaped.

>

> Similarly used of the ranger sword skills, in fact.

What ranger sword skills? :o I play sword ranger for 3 years and i can't see any resemblances.

> > @"Sajuuk Khar.1509" said:

> > > @"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

> > > It would be more accurate, no doubt, to expect future expansions and LW will be like HoT + S4 maps rather than PoF + S4 or HoT + S3.

> > HoT maps were far smaller then they would have been in any other expansion due to the fact that HoT's whole focus was vertical, and map size in the horizontal planes got lessened in exchange for more vertical elements.

>

> Other than Verdant Brink, there was hardly _that_ much vertical designs in HoT maps. Aside from the trial area in AB and the underwater tunnels of TD, the three other maps has **no** layers at all. And the same goes for more S3 maps. Only Bloodstone Fen and Draconis Mons had that vertical nature to them, despite the existence of gliders.

>

> I would also not rule out vertical maps in the future. Domain of Istan contains a couple pockets of such, for example.

>

> > @"Arden.7480" said:

> > Anyway, I think those butterlies are wrongly called the plague, because:

> >

> > 1) Why would Joko unleash it in Elona, he threatened Tyria- the Commander's homeland.

> > 2) There is no portal between Amnoon and Lion's Arch- for now at least, but even if there would be, how would Joko know about it if he's thousands of miles away from Amnoon?

> > 3) Also butterflies?! I don't know how about you, but I'd die laughing, and the 4th episode main quest will be: catch all the butterflies with butterfly nets:

> >

> > **Hold the Power of the Butterfly Net to Stop the Deadly Plague!**

> >

> > Yeah, does it only to me sound like a joke? And the episode will be called: Net of Power- oh we should make an expansion about it! Yes!

> >

> > He threatened Tyria, not Elona, Crystal Desert, also with Kralkatorrik on the horizon, he would lose all the corpses for him.

> >

> > I sincerely hope the plague is not some butterflies, if it does, I quit the game, because that would be ridiculous! Also losing one of the main characters and most likeable one- Faren would only be the worst thing ever.

>

> They're not butterflies...

>

> Pause the video and observe. They're wasp shaped.

>

> Similarly used of the ranger sword skills, in fact.

and here i thought they were the bugs from locust swarm/deadly swarm.

> @"Arden.7480" said:

> What ranger sword skills? :o I play sword ranger for 3 years and i can't see any resemblances.

Sword skill 2, as said above.

Not sure if it's the _exact_ same as that skill, but it's very similar at the least. I do recall seeing this effect before though, in the core game. Just not entirely sure where.

> @"derd.6413" said:

> and here i thought they were the bugs from locust swarm/deadly swarm.

I thought that at first too, just recolored from typical necromancer-green to Scourge-yellow. If it's meant to represent a swarm of small scarabs, that'd be the easiest route to go. But then I paused it at the right moment and saw they were 2d wasp shapes. Solid colors, either yellow or white.

> @"ThatOddOne.4387" said:

> > I could see it being justified if divine energies aren't merely elemental, but personal. That is, if the end of PoF didn't just result in Kraalkatorik chowing down on Bloodstone, Fire, and Ice magic, but also Aggressive Megalomaniac magic, or at least War/Conflict magic.

>

> Kralkatorrik did not absorb Divine energies from Balthazar. The whole point of Balthazar absorbing Elder Dragon energy was to replace the Divine energy he lost to the other Gods, with extra.

Balthazar had some of his divine magic when he was chained in the Mists- restoring the sword, opening the portal- we dont know if it was the last of his original magic.

I am still wondering why they didn't take away all of his power if they had a vessel(s) to do so.

Maybe the magic determines the personality of the character and they left the most dangerous part of him within him to not make the Mists explode.

Because Balthazar maybe was cruel and vicious, but I am sure he was not that dark. Sometimes the darkness take over your body, because you let it to take you like Lich King from WoW, at least I hope it was like that, but still the lore about him and the gods is not completed yet, and I hope more details about his huge change will be revealed in the story as soon as possible.

Maybe Joko knows the details?

We'll see.

> @"Arden.7480" said:

> I am still wondering why they didn't take away all of his power if they had a vessel(s) to do so.

Well, Kormir could use magic before she became a god by absorbing Abbadon's godly power.

Its likely that while they could take Balthazar's divine power, which is something we know can be transferred, they couldn't, or simply didn't feel it was necessary, to take away his innate natural powers, because he had already been depowered to such a point he couldn't escape.

> > @"Arden.7480" said:

> > I am still wondering why they didn't take away all of his power if they had a vessel(s) to do so.

> Well, Kormir could use magic before she became a god by absorbing Abbadon's godly power.

>

> Its likely that while they could take Balthazar's divine power, which is something we know can be transferred, they couldn't, or simply didn't feel it was necessary, to take away his innate natural powers, because he had already been depowered to such a point he couldn't escape.

>

Unfortunetely he did escape. :D So that's it.

Imprisoning the fallen god among the other spirits and not giving any informations that this spirit is the fallen god... Yes, I'd believe that the gods were so sure he won't escape that left him with nothing more just some chains, but I won't, so I think _somebody_ manipulated _some circumstances_...

But _who_ would that be?

> @"Arden.7480" said:

> Unfortunetely he did escape. :D So that's it.

>

> Imprisoning the fallen god among the other spirits and not giving any informations that this spirit is the fallen god... Yes, I'd believe that the gods were so sure he won't escape that left him with nothing more just some chains, but I won't, so I think _somebody_ manipulated _some circumstances_...

>

> But _who_ would that be?

Given that its likely those chains are the same chains, or same type of chains, used to imprison Abbadon, they had every reason to assume they would hold against someone who was, at that time, far weaker then Abbadon.

Also, who says the other gods didn't tell the spirits of that part of the mists who Balthazar was? Rytlok didn't know who he was, but he also never stopped to ask.

> > @"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

> > There's a **_MASSIVE_** flaw with this argument.

> >

> > Masteries for one expansion and its related LW are ultimately ignored for follow up expansions. It's why there's no ley lines or updrafts to glide on in PoF and S4. So in Expansion 3 and further, either we'll no longer get "wide open maps with few waypoints that require a large speed boost to traverse accordingly" or we'll be getting something that functions similarly to mounts in terms of traversing long distances.

> And the flaw with that argument is that Anet can't just ignore the fact people have mounts now, and as such, can't go back to making those small maps we saw in LWS3, as the people who own PoF will now be able to get through them so fast that they won't last at all.

>

That depends on how they tackle underwater content. As of now we can't glide or mount underwater, and swim infusions speed has a cap.