What Roll Will the Beetle Mount Fill?

> @"JDub.1530" said:

> > @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > 12 replies and not one of you have said it's roll is rolling? What's wrong with this forum today?

> >

> > (Seriously though I agree with the people who said it will be a high-speed, low manoeuvrability mount, and it looks like it can burst through certain walls. The question is how many of these walls will be in the game outside of Kourna.)

>

> Maybe they're t-rolling you. :smirk:

I wanted to say it but the OP spelled it right in the post itself so I just quietly head canoned that they'd done it on purpose for the lovely play on words.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far all the mounts have a race oriented toward their special abilities.

So the new mount's racetrack would be what? Suggestions on a postcard, but here are a few thoughts to get you started :

* The Roller Derby

* [Rollerball](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rollerball_(1975_film) "Rollerball")

* Shake, Rattle, and Roll!

* (in keeping with the boulder breaking theme previously mentioned) Rock 'n' Roll Forever!

> @"DragonSlayer.1087" said:

> Some people are speculating that it might replace the raptor as the fastest mount on land.

On flat land maybe. I’m wondering how easily it will get stuck on land with rocks or uneven ground or how maneuverable it would be around trees. One niche spot for it might be faster than raptor travel down paths/roads.

> @"InsaneQR.7412" said:

> > @"starlinvf.1358" said:

> > > @"InsaneQR.7412" said:

> > > The role will fill probably the "Insert mediocre pop song title here" role if you know what I mean.

> >

> > I give a D+ for Effort. My would has been "Speed metal".

>

> You didn't get the wrecking ball joke didn't you.

No, I didn't. And now seeing it, its not good a joke. :\

> @"starlinvf.1358" said:

> > @"InsaneQR.7412" said:

> > > @"starlinvf.1358" said:

> > > > @"InsaneQR.7412" said:

> > > > The role will fill probably the "Insert mediocre pop song title here" role if you know what I mean.

> > >

> > > I give a D+ for Effort. My would has been "Speed metal".

> >

> > You didn't get the wrecking ball joke didn't you.

>

> No, I didn't. And now seeing it, its not good a joke. :\

>

>

Yeah i halved assed it a bit. And i wasnt that obvious.

> @"Kal Spiro.9745" said:

> Until I hear different I still think this is just a very cool Skimmer skin. Just like gliders got some ridiculous new skins, like the meteor, I think Mounts are due as well.

Kinda doubt it's just a skin. Anet called it a new mount. Besides, they have been bombarding us with mount skins practically from day one.

You guys must of been scammed by a lot of KR MMOS to have such low expectations to believe it's just a reskin. It's a new mount. It's cute and based on one of the few good small critters most people don't murder immediately (pill bugs/roly poly), and it probably defies logical science with the way you ride it.

As mentioned it's role is to break walls like Koolaid guy and it looks pretty speedy. It will also fulfill the role of our continued mount skin only updates to gem store every single Tuesday for the rest of eternity. :v

I also give the unofficial official statement that it will be usable in other maps because why not?

> @"Biff.5312" said:

> > @"ImTasty.2163" said:

> > I'm thinking the roll of the roller beetle will be its stamina bar will be a period of high speed burst. I'm thinking a mastery for this is the ability to use that high speed to break down special walls and maybe increase the duration of the speed boost.

> >

> > I'm thinking this one will be the fastest ground mount with the option of gaining some vertical mobility with the use of speed boost and ramps.

>

> If that's so, and it can achieve brief airborne periods as in the trailer, then it would completely replace the raptor. What would be the point of a raptor if everything it does is done better by this mount?

>

> I hope they haven't made a crappy mistake. I thought the balance of mounts was perfect as-is.

Because it wouldn't be able to clear gaps unless there is a ramp. If you just charge at a cliff that's flat all that happens is you will just go crashing into the ground at super speed. It's really only a situational gap cross assuming there is a ramp there to provide the vertical lift needed while the raptor would still retain it's super long horizontal jump with no loss in vertical height until the end of the jump.

> @"Midnight.7526" said:

> > @"Kal Spiro.9745" said:

> > Until I hear different I still think this is just a very cool Skimmer skin. Just like gliders got some ridiculous new skins, like the meteor, I think Mounts are due as well.

>

> Kinda doubt it's just a skin. Anet called it a new mount. Besides, they have been bombarding us with mount skins practically from day one.

They posted the idle animation. There is no ground for a skin anymore

> @"MokahTGS.7850" said:

> Each of the mounts introduced in the game have a specific role they fill in the gameplay from leaping, jumping, skimming, and even teleportation. What role does the beetle fill? My hope if that it's more than just some mechanic that they've added to Kourna and the the Beetle will be a valid choice in other areas of the game.

>

> Switching mounts to accomplish something different when exploring has been a joy and one of the better game features introduced with PoF.

"What role will the beetle mount fill?" - Disappointment. Hehe.

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> > @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > i dunno why but i recognize the design from somewhere else.....just can't place it.

>

> Halos brute chopper maybe?

>

> At least thats what i thought of when i saw it.

maybe, but i saw a cycle that floats behind the wheel somewhere, maybe it was just a concept art or a final fantasy flick.

> @"MokahTGS.7850" said:

> Each of the mounts introduced in the game have a specific role they fill in the gameplay from leaping, jumping, skimming, and even teleportation. What role does the beetle fill? My hope if that it's more than just some mechanic that they've added to Kourna and the the Beetle will be a valid choice in other areas of the game.

>

> Switching mounts to accomplish something different when exploring has been a joy and one of the better game features introduced with PoF.

You said it in the title by accident. While you meant 'role', the beetle will 'roll' :P