Legendary Chak Gerent death when trying to loot chests?

Hi. I killed Legendary Chak Gerent and waited for the wall to be blown away. After it is blasted I ran to chest and a portal was on it that dropped me into the middle of the sky and I died. Why was I killed when trying to get my reward? This has happened many times and I don't understand??

> @"camden.3490" said:

> Hi. I killed Legendary Chak Gerent and waited for the wall to be blown away. After it is blasted I ran to chest and a portal was on it that dropped me into the middle of the sky and I died. Why was I killed when trying to get my reward? This has happened many times and I don't understand??

Lol, why don't you open your glider? I think Zephyr is correct, I've never had that problem after killing anything.

> @"camden.3490" said:

> > @"Kal Spiro.9745" said:

> > Do you not have a glider?

>

> Not yet. Do you need glider so you don't die when opening chests?

if a mean mesmer or anyone with xera portal device put a portal down and you dont avoid it yes infact you do.

> @"camden.3490" said:

> > @"Kal Spiro.9745" said:

> > Do you not have a glider?

>

> Not yet. Do you need glider so you don't die when opening chests?

That shouldn't be happening, however, the Glider is one of the most important aspects of HoT and you should really get at least that before proceeding so far into the expansion. I'm honestly impressed you've managed to get so far without it.

> @"camden.3490" said:

> I'm not trying to take any portal. I just want to open the chests after the wall is down. I go up to it and press F for dissolve. Am I doing something wrong?

No, you are not. The problem is that F also activates portals, and all sorts of other things. It also guesses what you want to use, if you don't have something targetted, so it might choose a portal placed there to make your life miserable, rather than the chest you tried to open.

The only defense you have, unfortunately, is to make sure you double-click the chest itself, and to bring a strong stomach.

If you do work out who is doing it, you can report them, and it will result in punishment - this sort of behaviour isn't acceptable, if done purely to make people miserable.

> @"camden.3490" said:

> Hmmm, this seems like a really weird thing that the makers of this game are ignoring if it is happening to lots of people who just want to get the rewards after a battle.

All games have an "activate/use/open" button, and it's always the same for all of the actions, you just need to make sure you're about to do what you are wanting to do, i.e. open a chest instead of porting into the sky. There isn't much the devs can do besides punishing griefers, or maybe make the "hitbox" for chests much, much bigger, to the point of being impossible to cover the entire thing with activation items.

It is annoying to work for something and not get it. You will be trolled a lot more with school being out in America, and teenage trolls at an all time high. Like I said earlier, just be cautious about what your activation message says before opening chests. You could also be extremely proactive, and watch the chest right after the boss dies to see if you can see anyone trying to do crap like this, and report them for griefing. That would actually help all of us out, lol.

> @"Klowdy.3126" said:

> > @"camden.3490" said:

> > Hmmm, this seems like a really weird thing that the makers of this game are ignoring if it is happening to lots of people who just want to get the rewards after a battle.

>

> All games have an "activate/use/open" button, and it's always the same for all of the actions, you just need to make sure you're about to do what you are wanting to do, i.e. open a chest instead of porting into the sky. There isn't much the devs can do besides punishing griefers, or maybe make the "hitbox" for chests much, much bigger, to the point of being impossible to cover the entire thing with activation items.

>

> It is annoying to work for something and not get it. You will be trolled a lot more with school being out in America, and teenage trolls at an all time high. Like I said earlier, just be cautious about what your activation message says before opening chests. You could also be extremely proactive, and watch the chest right after the boss dies to see if you can see anyone trying to do crap like this, and report them for griefing. That would actually help all of us out, lol.

But I just want to play the game and get my reward... why do I need to do all this proactive stuff? I pay money to play a game, not work to open a reward chest.

> @"camden.3490" said:

> > @"Klowdy.3126" said:

> > > @"camden.3490" said:

> > > Hmmm, this seems like a really weird thing that the makers of this game are ignoring if it is happening to lots of people who just want to get the rewards after a battle.

> >

> > All games have an "activate/use/open" button, and it's always the same for all of the actions, you just need to make sure you're about to do what you are wanting to do, i.e. open a chest instead of porting into the sky. There isn't much the devs can do besides punishing griefers, or maybe make the "hitbox" for chests much, much bigger, to the point of being impossible to cover the entire thing with activation items.

> >

> > It is annoying to work for something and not get it. You will be trolled a lot more with school being out in America, and teenage trolls at an all time high. Like I said earlier, just be cautious about what your activation message says before opening chests. You could also be extremely proactive, and watch the chest right after the boss dies to see if you can see anyone trying to do crap like this, and report them for griefing. That would actually help all of us out, lol.

>

> But I just want to play the game and get my reward... why do I need to do all this proactive stuff? I pay money to play a game, not work to open a reward chest.

You aren't playing a single player game. I'm not sure what answer you are expecting to get, other than people suck, and there will always be someone out there looking to mess with people for absolutely no reason. I'm going to assume this is your first online gaming experience, because this kind of stuff happens in every game to ever have online gameplay, all the way back to Doom in the early 90s.

The only thing they can really do is to change the priority of things. Which I think they've tried and it apparently hasn't been successful. Basically they should make anything perishable top priority, that would be chests and resource nodes. That way if someone drops a portal, or food tray, or a vendor on a chest or on a node it isn't auto selected until after that chest or node is expended. I'm pretty sure they've done this, though, which suggests the priority algorithm isn't as reliable as we'd like. The result is that sometimes the griefers win.

> @"camden.3490" said:

> Hmmm, this seems like a really weird thing that the makers of this game are ignoring if it is happening to lots of people who just want to get the rewards after a battle.

it doesn't happen a lot. I haven't seen a single portal the last 7 TD metas I've been at.

(Mind you: even once feels like too much if it happens to you.)

How did you get to the Chak Gherent fight without a glider? I can't imagine navigating to reach that map without one.

> @"Rhiannon.1726" said:

> > @"camden.3490" said:

> > This is another thing that keeps happening: ![](https://i.imgur.com/IeX7sgA.jpg "")

> >

>

> If this is your screen shot you already have nearly all masteries (level 254) and therefore gliding...

>

> But you're right it is annonying when something is placed under a chest.

That is not my character but a friend that took the screenshot for me. If i zoom in I still can't click the chest because there are items all over it. I don't understand why it is so hard to just open loot after an event.

> @"camden.3490" said:

> > @"Rhiannon.1726" said:

> > > @"camden.3490" said:

> > > This is another thing that keeps happening: ![](https://i.imgur.com/IeX7sgA.jpg "")

> > >

> >

> > If this is your screen shot you already have nearly all masteries (level 254) and therefore gliding...

> >

> > But you're right it is annonying when something is placed under a chest.

>

> That is not my character but a friend that took the screenshot for me. If i zoom in I still can't click the chest because there are items all over it. I don't understand why it is so hard to just open loot after an event.

Basically restating what others have said:

*Other players* are doing that. Some find it funny to obstruct other players. If you notice *who* does it, report them. Until then, **be alert** for what your Interact prompt *actually* says so that you know you're interacting with the right thing.

Also, train your Gliding mastery! The *entirety* of HoT is designed around you having gliding.