Easy Raid Class

Hello people!! I believe this question may asked a lot. I tried to find some answers but i need your confirmation.

I decided to give a try to raids. My main character is soooo noob for raids (Power Base Ranger) but i dont want to change her to something else because I like her as she is and I enjoy play PvE with her. So I am gonna create a new character just to join some raids. I dont want to be a Raid Expert or anything like that, just to have an opportunity to join some of them. I dont want to be the first choice of the LFG.

What I need is an easy Class. By "easy" i mean that it has to be Damage Dealer (DPS), no healer, no tank, no support. And the most important is the rotation. I am looking for something close to just spam skill 1. OK I know that this is not possible but i believe you got my point. Two or three skills you know.

Someone said to me that there is a Class which you just make three clones and then just auto attack and you still have good dps.

Also i read on reddit about Daredevil Staff which can do good dps only by spamming auto attack but if you dodge you can increase even more your dps.

Gold for the gear and weapons etc is no problem.

I will appreciate any help from you :)

First and foemost, are you part of a guild/static/group if friends? Pugging will be and is the worst way to start raiding, especially with what you're asking. As for your question: De: open with rifle burst, then spam 1 and dagger 5 for the rest if the fight. Sb/sb soul beast; weapon swap into sb 2. staff dd. Phantasm builds are dead, and condi mirage needs you to do alot more than that.

> @"Sephylon.4938" said:

> First and foemost, are you part of a guild/static/group if friends? Pugging will be and is the worst way to start raiding, especially with what you're asking. As for your question: De: open with rifle burst, then spam 1 and dagger 5 for the rest if the fight. Sb/sb soul beast; weapon swap into sb 2. staff dd. Phantasm builds are dead, and condi mirage needs you to do alot more than that.

Hello and thanks for your reply. I am not member of a raid guild but my guilds are making some training raids once a month. I dont have any problem with LFG and pugging. I am patient until i find a group which can accept me.

So Staff Daredevil is a good option, right? Also which class is De?

> @"TsokGR.7106" said:

> > @"Sephylon.4938" said:

> > First and foemost, are you part of a guild/static/group if friends? Pugging will be and is the worst way to start raiding, especially with what you're asking. As for your question: De: open with rifle burst, then spam 1 and dagger 5 for the rest if the fight. Sb/sb soul beast; weapon swap into sb 2. staff dd. Phantasm builds are dead, and condi mirage needs you to do alot more than that.

>

> Hello and thanks for your reply. I am not member of a raid guild but my guilds are making some training raids once a month. I dont have any problem with LFG and pugging. I am patient until i find a group which can accept me.

>

> So Staff Daredevil is a good option, right? Also which class is De?

>

Deadeye, staff dd is fine

Your main is ranger, so I'd say try to get into druid. Highly sought after, not to difficult.

I will mirror what others have said, get into raiding with friends and/or guildies. Puging raids at this point in their life cycle will be painful and tedious. Having a good or experienced group take you along and explain strats and your job will make this a lot more enjoyable.

> @"TsokGR.7106" said:

> Hello and thanks for your reply. I am not member of a raid guild but my guilds are making some training raids once a month. I dont have any problem with LFG and pugging. I am patient until i find a group which can accept me.

> So Staff Daredevil is a good option, right? Also which class is De?

>

The easiest build to play is banner slave warrior, can also double as a dps but I don't know how hard the rotation of dps berserker is. It's basically a Berserker (HoT Warrior spec) with Banners. Also, easy to find teams with it as it's a build that is in great demand as the build is meta on all bosses.

Scourge (Necromancer PoF spec) has a simplistic rotation, although you will need to learn how to use Epidemic properly in order to become a good Scourge. It's meta dps on a lot of the bosses now, easy to find teams.

> @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> > @"TsokGR.7106" said:

> > Hello and thanks for your reply. I am not member of a raid guild but my guilds are making some training raids once a month. I dont have any problem with LFG and pugging. I am patient until i find a group which can accept me.

> > So Staff Daredevil is a good option, right? Also which class is De?

> >

>

> The easiest build to play is banner slave warrior, can also double as a dps but I don't know how hard the rotation of dps berserker is. It's basically a Berserker (HoT Warrior spec) with Banners. Also, easy to find teams with it as it's a build that is in great demand as the build is meta on all bosses.

>

> Scourge (Necromancer PoF spec) has a simplistic rotation, although you will need to learn how to use Epidemic properly in order to become a good Scourge. It's meta dps on a lot of the bosses now, easy to find teams.

>

>

Zerk rotaion is complex and requires good alacrity uptime. Feels rather clunky with bad alac uptime.

As for necro, if i press epi as the only condi in a pure power squad, and nothing but epi, how much should I expect to do?

> @"Sephylon.4938" said:

> > @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> > > @"TsokGR.7106" said:

> > > Hello and thanks for your reply. I am not member of a raid guild but my guilds are making some training raids once a month. I dont have any problem with LFG and pugging. I am patient until i find a group which can accept me.

> > > So Staff Daredevil is a good option, right? Also which class is De?

> > >

> >

> > The easiest build to play is banner slave warrior, can also double as a dps but I don't know how hard the rotation of dps berserker is. It's basically a Berserker (HoT Warrior spec) with Banners. Also, easy to find teams with it as it's a build that is in great demand as the build is meta on all bosses.

> >

> > Scourge (Necromancer PoF spec) has a simplistic rotation, although you will need to learn how to use Epidemic properly in order to become a good Scourge. It's meta dps on a lot of the bosses now, easy to find teams.

> >

> >

>

> Zerk rotaion is complex and required good alacrity uptime. Feels rather clunky with bad alac uptime.

>

> As for necro, if i press epi as the only condi in a pure power squad, and nothing but epi, how much should I expect to do?

Near nothing because many bosses do not require add clear and those that do damage can get distinguished between boss and overall damage.

If you think you can auto attack necro to win in raids, think again. While the class is not as complex as others, it does require some sort of basic understanding of skill priorities.

The basic Scourge single target rotation and what to expect on boss dps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55C2a5ITXfo

The single target 30k is already lower than top dps classes like weaver or warrior and most midrange damage dealers will outperform you too single target.

There are 3 meta (or close to meta) builds that kinda live up to what you are asking. They require more then just 111, but the extra benefit from doing the "correct" rotation contra a "easy" rotation is really low. This mean that you can focus on you 2-3 damage skills and beside that simply auto attack, and you will be 90% of the good rotation damage.

The 3 are: (Builds are all here: https://snowcrows.com/raids/)

**Condi mirage (mesmer)**: Press 4 on both pistol and torch, and 111 rest of the time. Use the utility skills "Crystal Sands", "Jaunt" and your dodge off cd and thats about it.

Downside: This build will prob be nerfed soon, as it is very strong in all gamemodes (inc PvP and WvW).

**Power DH (guard)**: Use 2+4 off cd, weaponswap off cd and auto the rest of the time. Add you traps whenever and use F1 whenever.

Downside: This is one of the lowest dps "meta" builds, but still usefull and often alot better then people expect.

**Power Holo (engi)**: Use sword/xx and not rifle, drop the 2 meta utilityskills "Granate kit" and "Bomb kit" and take "Rifle Turret" and "Rocket Turret". Place the 2 turrets and forget about them. Go into the Holo Forge (F5) and use 3+4+auto attacks untill you forge run out. Then use your elite+"laser Disk" and then auto untill Holo Frge is back up --> repeat. Use the F-skill that belong to rifle turret if/when you can. And thats it. And swap the trat "shrapnel" (in Explosives traitline) to "Mine Trails". In the traitline Firearms you can pick either "Pinpoint D" or "Thermal V" and both are good.

Downsides: Less burst then the DH, but about same or abit better damage, but you have very little CC.

**Warning**

If you use one of these builds in combo with the rotations that I mention you will NOT be meta or TOP dps, but you will do more damage then 75% of the DPS'ers I meet in raids. I will however recoment to look up the proper rotations and attemt to do abit more then listen above. That said, an easy rotation that you can do in your sleep will make you able to pay attention to mechanicks.

Last thing, make sure you learn where your CC skills are and how to use them. Lack off cc will make a run fail as fast or faster then lack off dps.

Remember that players expect you hit hit closer to class benchmark with easy rotation class.

Lets take thief for example. Your rotation has 5 skills (auto, Weakening charge, Fist flurry, Dodge and venom) not in that order tho. Note that If chrono and druid does their job well, there should be no reasons for you hit under 23k dps for bosses like VG.