Deepstone could use 1 more boss

I really like this fractal. Aesthetically, it's beautiful. I love that little story about treasure hunters it's trying to tell. Also, that mechanic with Light of Deldrimor is pretty interesting. BUT... I seriously feel it could use 1 more boss after 'The voice'. I seriously thought there would be one more after defeating it. I know some people complain that it's too easy, so this could improve it a bit, without nerfing other things. Also, I was a bit disappointed that there was a pretty lame conclusion to that story. The only thing these treasure hunters found was that weird voice that was not explained in any way. I want to know what that really is. So, unless it was because in the future they plan going back to this story, I think the story should have been finished. There's that big door at the end and we might never know what's the treasure.

> @"Avador.8934" said:

> I really like this fractal. Aesthetically, it's beautiful. I love that little story about treasure hunters it's trying to tell. Also, that mechanic with Light of Deldrimor is pretty interesting. BUT... I seriously feel it could use 1 more boss after 'The voice'. I seriously thought there would be one more after defeating it. I know some people complain that it's too easy, so this could improve it a bit, without nerfing other things. Also, I was a bit disappointed that there was a pretty lame conclusion to that story. The only thing these treasure hunters found was that weird voice that was not explained in any way. I want to know what that really is. So, unless it was because in the future they plan going back to this story, I think the story should have been finished. There's that big door at the end and we might never know what's the treasure.

It’s an ability taken from gw1 dungeons.

> @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > @"Avador.8934" said:

> > I really like this fractal. Aesthetically, it's beautiful. I love that little story about treasure hunters it's trying to tell. Also, that mechanic with Light of Deldrimor is pretty interesting. BUT... I seriously feel it could use 1 more boss after 'The voice'. I seriously thought there would be one more after defeating it. I know some people complain that it's too easy, so this could improve it a bit, without nerfing other things. Also, I was a bit disappointed that there was a pretty lame conclusion to that story. The only thing these treasure hunters found was that weird voice that was not explained in any way. I want to know what that really is. So, unless it was because in the future they plan going back to this story, I think the story should have been finished. There's that big door at the end and we might never know what's the treasure.

>

> It’s an ability taken from gw1 dungeons.

Regardless of having the Light of Deldrimor present as a nod to GW1, the story has as much context as Swampland to be honest. It was pretty weak lorewise even though the art design was stellar. Of course they might cop out and say it was in purpose but, Swampland and Cliffside are seemingly unrelated to everything else whereas this clearly has background lore to go with it, they're just willingly not showing any. I hope they're planning a raid or something else dwarf-themed because otherwise this is quite literally just firing shots in the dark for the sake of nostalgia. Why not do a completely original one then if you're not gonna fit in with existing lore? With this said, they got all the rest nearly perfectly. The pacing of the level is good enough for it to be repeatable and people will probably not avoid it like some avoid Twilight Oasis.

As for having 1 more boss, I genuinely expected more. Not every fractal has to be Shattered Observatory but that was a huge letdown. If anything this would be a fractal where I'd definitely expect a CM that does have an extra boss and develops on the lore of this voice. In one hand they did a good job if it left me wanting more, but on the other hand, lefting us wanting more is too bad for us lol.

> @"DutchRiders.2871" said:

> Unskippable Adds, no story, no break bars, long build in down time, boring end boss with some irritating phases/ports provided for a lackluster experience.

Final boss (which was the only 1 i saw footage of) Has at least 1 breakbar mechanic.

Art direction is not merely about producing new assets but also fitting in whatever you already have under a single, coherent vision. In this sense, Deepstone is much better than Twilight Oasis in transmitting its own narrative of being a lost treasure trove (whereas Twilight is only half decent at conveying Joko's assault on an Elonian township, with some awkward paths that is clearly there for purely gameplay purposes, and also some mismatching scenarios like the Town Square leading to an arbitrarily placed arena zone).

Nevertheless, we have seen "this fractal was too easy" even when Shattered Observatory was released, and some people will still say this about the CM. This is more opinion than criticism and Anet has so far successfully not catered to that. Honestly, I don't even know what people expect from a fractal anymore. They want it to be only bosses that have "non-annoying mechanics" which I suspect means HP sponge with occasional CC, so you feel like you're doing something relevant. They also claim adds are detrimental to the fractal in general and demand that everything can be skipped. As it turns out some people actually consider 30+min unacceptable for their daily fractal schedule, so I guess what they really want is to turn the T4 rewards into a daily log in chest. As much as I really wanted another boss I am sure the complaint would have been (from someone else other than this OP) that the fractal was too long if there was another boss behind the Voice.

> @"maxwelgm.4315" said:

> Art direction is not merely about producing new assets but also fitting in whatever you already have under a single, coherent vision. In this sense, Deepstone is much better than Twilight Oasis in transmitting its own narrative of being a lost treasure trove (whereas Twilight is only half decent at conveying Joko's assault on an Elonian township, with some awkward paths that is clearly there for purely gameplay purposes, and also some mismatching scenarios like the Town Square leading to an arbitrarily placed arena zone).

>

> Nevertheless, we have seen "this fractal was too easy" even when Shattered Observatory was released, and some people will still say this about the CM. This is more opinion than criticism and Anet has so far successfully not catered to that. Honestly, I don't even know what people expect from a fractal anymore. They want it to be only bosses that have "non-annoying mechanics" which I suspect means HP sponge with occasional CC, so you feel like you're doing something relevant. They also claim adds are detrimental to the fractal in general and demand that everything can be skipped. As it turns out some people actually consider 30+min unacceptable for their daily fractal schedule, so I guess what they really want is to turn the T4 rewards into a daily log in chest. As much as I really wanted another boss I am sure the complaint would have been (from someone else other than this OP) that the fractal was too long if there was another boss behind the Voice.

U gonna get complains either way. Id rather have a more complete experience considering we wont see another fractal for 6-8 months and it will likely not have a cm.

I don't mind this fractal being shorter, it's like Swampland. People are just used to tedious, long fractals by now, but it's really good to have a nice variety of them. If anything, the bosses could be more difficult (and by that I don't mean bigger hp pools), but I don't think we need more of them. Overall, it's a pretty relaxing fractal for a daily T4.

For suggestions, definitely the minotaur, spider and elemental boss need to get harder in T4. The endboss is relatively longer because of his teleports.

As for the story of this fractal, I wish we could talk with the thief girl after completion, to learn more about the Voice, the place and all that. Too vague is bad.

> @"maxwelgm.4315" said:

> Art direction is not merely about producing new assets but also fitting in whatever you already have under a single, coherent vision. In this sense, Deepstone is much better than Twilight Oasis in transmitting its own narrative of being a lost treasure trove (whereas Twilight is only half decent at conveying Joko's assault on an Elonian township, with some awkward paths that is clearly there for purely gameplay purposes, and also some mismatching scenarios like the Town Square leading to an arbitrarily placed arena zone).

>

> Nevertheless, we have seen "this fractal was too easy" even when Shattered Observatory was released, and some people will still say this about the CM. This is more opinion than criticism and Anet has so far successfully not catered to that. Honestly, I don't even know what people expect from a fractal anymore. They want it to be only bosses that have "non-annoying mechanics" which I suspect means HP sponge with occasional CC, so you feel like you're doing something relevant. They also claim adds are detrimental to the fractal in general and demand that everything can be skipped. As it turns out some people actually consider 30+min unacceptable for their daily fractal schedule, so I guess what they really want is to turn the T4 rewards into a daily log in chest. As much as I really wanted another boss I am sure the complaint would have been (from someone else other than this OP) that the fractal was too long if there was another boss behind the Voice.

I want a fractal where I can dive into the mechanics and use my knowledge of the encounter and tools at hand (breakbars/skips) to speed the fractal up. I want a boss where I have to deal with interesting attacks and mechanics that make it difficult to burst him, rather than him having some boring phases that only serve to make the fight longer. For example I like the CMs, twilight oasis, thaumanova, dredge and volcanic and im okish with most others.

Next time you wonder what I want just ask me. I just happen to think deepstone was boring.

> @"Avador.8934" said:

> I really like this fractal. Aesthetically, it's beautiful. I love that little story about treasure hunters it's trying to tell. Also, that mechanic with Light of Deldrimor is pretty interesting. BUT... I seriously feel it could use 1 more boss after 'The voice'. I seriously thought there would be one more after defeating it. I know some people complain that it's too easy, so this could improve it a bit, without nerfing other things. Also, I was a bit disappointed that there was a pretty lame conclusion to that story. The only thing these treasure hunters found was that weird voice that was not explained in any way. I want to know what that really is. So, unless it was because in the future they plan going back to this story, I think the story should have been finished. There's that big door at the end and we might never know what's the treasure.

Instead of 1 more boss id rather see the existing 3 encounters get more meat.

> @"RaidsAreEasyAF.8652" said:

> This fractal could also use a CM. The mechanics are pretty fun and have a lot of potential for a CM. Sadly there is no CM and ill only see that fractal every few days when its in the daily rotation.

I wonder how hard it would be for them to retroactively add a CM to a fractal..

> @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> Art was stellar? Almost everything were existing assets.

>

> I think this was a very weak fractal for over 6 months of wait.

Haven't tried it out yet, but from this comment I assume there are no achievements tied to it giving AP. Gud.

Everything else sounds quite promising so far, hope I can play it this evening.

Wish it could of been like Shattered observatory, nightmare in terms of difficulty (but even then they get massively easy after even a few tries) in terms of fight encounters ... I think they're catering way too hard to pve normies who don't want to learn fight mechanics and just want a super linear experience which is odd given how common raids are. Not even having a CM kind of confirms this as well.

Well, it'll be an easy daily fractal at least.

This was just a massive letdown even though the dungeon itself looked cool.

> @"Nash.2681" said:

> > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > Art was stellar? Almost everything were existing assets.

> >

> > I think this was a very weak fractal for over 6 months of wait.

>

> Haven't tried it out yet, but from this comment I assume there are no achievements tied to it giving AP. Gud.

> Everything else sounds quite promising so far, hope I can play it this evening.

there were 3 achievements worth 5 AP each, but they were all so easy that we completed them in a random pug group without any hassle

> > @"Nash.2681" said:

> > > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > > Art was stellar? Almost everything were existing assets.

> > >

> > > I think this was a very weak fractal for over 6 months of wait.

> >

> > Haven't tried it out yet, but from this comment I assume there are no achievements tied to it giving AP. Gud.

> > Everything else sounds quite promising so far, hope I can play it this evening.

> there were 3 achievements worth 5 AP each, but they were all so easy that we completed them in a random pug group without any hassle

Then I wonder why you're salty, you got everything that matters to you already anyway, move along, move along...

> @"Nash.2681" said:

> > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > > @"Nash.2681" said:

> > > > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > > > Art was stellar? Almost everything were existing assets.

> > > >

> > > > I think this was a very weak fractal for over 6 months of wait.

> > >

> > > Haven't tried it out yet, but from this comment I assume there are no achievements tied to it giving AP. Gud.

> > > Everything else sounds quite promising so far, hope I can play it this evening.

> > there were 3 achievements worth 5 AP each, but they were all so easy that we completed them in a random pug group without any hassle

>

> Then I wonder why you're salty, you got everything that matters to you already anyway, move along, move along...

just shows how little you know about me

> > @"Nash.2681" said:

> > > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > > Art was stellar? Almost everything were existing assets.

> > >

> > > I think this was a very weak fractal for over 6 months of wait.

> >

> > Haven't tried it out yet, but from this comment I assume there are no achievements tied to it giving AP. Gud.

> > Everything else sounds quite promising so far, hope I can play it this evening.

> there were 3 achievements worth 5 AP each, but they were all so easy that we completed them in a random pug group without any hassle

They have 6 more fractals left until there are 25 unique fractals. I imagine once they complete this, they could go back and add multiple CMs to the fractals or possibly add them as they sprinkle in new ones.

As for your disappointment in the Fractal difficulty, obviously the devs didn’t want this Fractal to be of the highest difficulty. Just check out where lands in each of the tiers. It kinda hovers around the middle and it isn’t even that high into T4, doesn’t seem like this Fractal was ever intended to be the new 100, 99 etc.