Kourna Home Instance Node - Gives only 1 Inscribed Shard?

Agreed I bought the shard node thinking it would give at least 3 like all the other nodes. sure its cool that it gives some other gear but I buy the nodes for passive materials. anet please up the shards given. all the other nodes give at least 3 so why not this one?

Is there even any sensible use for shards besides breaking them down for volatile magic? Because from what i see, the map doesn't even have selectable stat trinkets. Just ones with some weird new stat combination 99% of players won't ever use.

So, not only the "node" gives only one shard, but also shards aren't really worth that much compared to previous LS map materials. Basically, you can safely skip on it and wait to see if the next map will have something worthwhile.

> @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> Is there even any sensible use for shards besides breaking them down for volatile magic? Because from what i see, the map doesn't even have selectable stat trinkets. Just ones with some weird new stat combination 99% of players won't ever use.

>

> So, not only the "node" gives only one shard, but also shards aren't really worth that much compared to previous LS map materials. Basically, you can safely skip on it and wait to see if the next map will have something worthwhile.

You need them to buy a bunch of items like the Commander's Banner collection

> @"Xeleria.8607" said:

> As it stands, the new instance node is not worth the 10k volatile magic and 50g price if you only get 1 inscribed shard per day. Please change it so it gives 3 shards per day Anet!

Folks... this is incredibly cheap of you... you should be ashamed. I'm really disappointed in you. Every other node (ALSO expensive) gives at least 3. This node should give 3 shards and 3 volatile magic. Seriously. Fix this. If the trend of giving less and less for higher and higher price continues, I'm going to be too disappointed to play anymore. I'll go back to other games. I'm seriously bummed.

I agree that the Kournan Cache is not really worth the investment. It should drop 3-9 Inscribed Shards (basically, 3 "strikes" of 1-3 shards each). Hopefully ANet does beef it up; they did so stealthily for the Brandstone node after all. Originally it dropped 1-2 Kralkatite Ore and 1 Powdered Rose Quartz (with a rare chance for an intact Rose Quartz) per strike. At some point they buffed the drop rate of the Powder to 1-3 per strike.

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> I would rather see 4-5, as the amount you can farm per day is very limited and items require many of those shards.

The amount you can farm per day is limited?!? Is a minimum of 50 shards(if not more) per day limited? You might want to check again before saying something is limited as I don't think shard gathering is limited, at least not in my book(and yes, you can get at least 50 a day, probably more).

> @"Zaklex.6308" said:

> > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > I would rather see 4-5, as the amount you can farm per day is very limited and items require many of those shards.

>

> The amount you can farm per day is limited?!? Is a minimum of 50 shards(if not more) per day limited? You might want to check again before saying something is limited as I don't think shard gathering is limited, at least not in my book(and yes, you can get at least 50 a day, probably more).

Shard gathering from Kournan stashes is limited. The ones earned from metas, map rewards etc arent.

> @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > @"Zaklex.6308" said:

> > > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > I would rather see 4-5, as the amount you can farm per day is very limited and items require many of those shards.

> >

> > The amount you can farm per day is limited?!? Is a minimum of 50 shards(if not more) per day limited? You might want to check again before saying something is limited as I don't think shard gathering is limited, at least not in my book(and yes, you can get at least 50 a day, probably more).

>

> Shard gathering from Kournan stashes is limited. The ones earned from metas, map rewards etc arent.

Unless they fixed them, they respawn during the day and you can gather them again...at least that's what I've noticed, either that or I'm lucky and somehow get different maps(oh wait, nope, didn't leave the zone so they must respawn before daily reset).

Got it for the completionist in me, but it's definitely the worst of the LS nodes so far. I don't need a thing that gives me unidentified gear, I get that wherever I go, what I want from the node is the map currency. And all nodes so far have provided exactly that.

Drop the unid's and make it drop 3 shards and all is well.