QoL Update Suggestion: A prompt asking you to equip a harvesting tool in inventory if it runs out.

Hello! I know that recently this was done for the revive orbs in your inventory, that if you die, there is a prompt that asks if you want to use a revive orb. I think it would be really convenient if the same thing could happen to harvesting tools when you run out while gathering! I always dread having to open the hero panel or my inventory to equip it.

EDIT: I would like it as an option, and I can see how others would find it annoying, it would be cool if you could turn the prompt on/off.

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> but they want you to buy unlimited tools ...

If no tools were selected to be equipped at the time of the first popup and the popup then returns after some time as a reminder, I am sure that this would be seen as an annoyance quite quickly for many - an annoyance that I expect may lead to an increase in unlimited tool purchases just to be rid of.

Even if it isn't a recurring reminder and instead only occurs once upon the initial exhaustion of a limited-use tool, experiencing this popup frequently enough due to 3 tools being used up at different speeds may still lead to an increase in unlimited tool sales just to be rid of this popup.

Some may welcome this popup. However, I sense that there will be many more who will be annoyed who will instead jump to unlimited tools just to stop it from popping up again.

Maybe not, though. I can only speak definitively for myself and I know that if I still used limited-use tools and experienced this popup reminder to replace them enough, it would surely lead to my upgrading to at least one unlimited set (more for alts) to be rid of it.

I’m not seeing the problem. You go to a node without a tool, not only can you not harvest (which is a big hint right there) but it tells you in chat you don’t have a tool.

“I always dread having to open the hero panel or my inventory to equip it.” You’ll have to open your hero panel to equip it If you get a pop up message or not. So if you dread doing that get permanent tools.

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> I’m not seeing the problem. You go to a node without a tool, not only can you not harvest (which is a big hint right there) but it tells you in chat you don’t have a tool.

>

> “I always dread having to open the hero panel or my inventory to equip it.” You’ll have to open your hero panel to equip it If you get a pop up message or not. So if you dread doing that get permanent tools.

I think they want a pop up like the revive orb that automaticly equip the new tool.

Would say no to this as it detract from the permanent tools to much mate, as a poster above said they want you to buy em.

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > I’m not seeing the problem. You go to a node without a tool, not only can you not harvest (which is a big hint right there) but it tells you in chat you don’t have a tool.

> >

> > “I always dread having to open the hero panel or my inventory to equip it.” You’ll have to open your hero panel to equip it If you get a pop up message or not. So if you dread doing that get permanent tools.

>

> I think they want a pop up like the revive orb that automaticly equip the new tool.

> Would say no to this as it detract from the permanent tools to much mate, as a poster above said they want you to buy em.

Oh I see.

That’s not likely to happen. As said by you and others, that mild bit of inconvenience of needing to equip is one of the reasons ANet sell permanent tools.

> @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > but they want you to buy unlimited tools ...

>

> You'd still have to buy those tools & carry them around with you. I'd still buy unlimited tools for that reason.

but you will never run into the issue if you have ulimited tools on all characters

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> “I always dread having to open the hero panel or my inventory to equip it.” You’ll have to open your hero panel to equip it If you get a pop up message or not. So if you dread doing that get permanent tools.

Like what they did with the revive orb, you don't have to open up your inventory -- it just gets used automatically when you confirm wanting to use it.

I do want to get permanent tools, but the ones I want aren't in the store right now and haven't been for a long while, and all the other ones I don't like. Also, I have what, 30 characters? It gets annoying.

> @"Vavume.8065" said:

> Why what or earth do you have in there?

I just find it a hassle! I've got better things to do, like, gather things, and run into walls, and stare at my character and take screenshots.

Really though, it's not game-breaking, and, like I said, a suggestion for a QoL update.

> @"tanglebuddy.5917" said:

> > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > “I always dread having to open the hero panel or my inventory to equip it.” You’ll have to open your hero panel to equip it If you get a pop up message or not. So if you dread doing that get permanent tools.

>

> Like what they did with the revive orb, you don't have to open up your inventory -- it just gets used automatically when you confirm wanting to use it.

> I do want to get permanent tools, but the ones I want aren't in the store right now and haven't been for a long while, and all the other ones I don't like. Also, I have what, 30 characters? It gets annoying.

>

>

Don’t have to get the fancy ones. There is a set of plain ones for 2400 gems available. I have 17 characters that I play. Permanent tools plus account bound slots means never having to stop in the middle of harvesting to equip.

Yea I got normal tools on all my toons then my 3 unlimited tools in 3 account wide slots, dubble click tools on login in to get permanent on character then on login off to get it back in the shared slot no need for 90 permanent tools for your 30 characters.