Jessica Price, the cherry on top of the cake

> @"Shizlam.4310" said:

> > @"Shizlam.4310" said:

> > > @"nosleepdemon.1368" said:

> > > Still just words folks... Do you really want to ruin someone's life? Is that seriously what you advocate for?

>

> Honestly, I just want her out of Anet's narrative team. Whatever happens to her after it's not my business, she should think a little before speaking in public media with her real identity. There are several cases of people that got a lot of problems because of social media by talking out of their butts or even just giving an opinion, this is not something new and she should have known by now. She choose to ignore it and these are the consequences.

>

>

Yeah people have suffered after outbursts on social media, or after some other aspect of their lives has been uncovered. I don't agree with any of it; all she wrote were words, it doesn't matter how bad they were. Unless she is obviously involved in some sort of hate group, then she ought to just be left alone. This kind of lynching is unhealthy for us as a society.

> @"Shizlam.4310" said:

> Ok fellas, she is out, it's the best option and Anet just earned my respect once again for their actions. Thank you and feel free to close or use the thread.

+1. Lots of conversation was had, much of it was good conversation, but the situation is now resolved and beating a dead horse is no good. Time for everyone to find ways to get along again!

> @"Shizlam.4310" said:

> Up until now, with this whole issue, I never really agreed that people should be fired over tweets, maybe a reprimand and a public apology but never fired.

>

> With this issue it was the same, I think Jessica should get some ground rules determined and be allowed to do her work in Anet, since everyone can have bad days, or bad weeks. Everyone can sometimes lash out at clients both the regular physical kind or the service's kind that are p.e. players, or customer support's clients, it's something that happens when you are in a controversial business where there are hundreds of people that have thousands of opinions each.

>

> That is until I saw this tweet right here from when TotalBiscuit passed away:

>

> Edit: Here are a few more, feel free to click and see the chain for context:

>

>

> And I have to say, this right here, killed it for me. No matter how much of an kitten you are, you don't just say this kind of words publicly, in situations like this, being a public figure, you either are sympathetic, say something nice or shut your trap. Now I've been checking the tweets from her, that people have been showing, and I have to say: she does not belong at Anet, she does need to get fired, and finally what the hell were they thinking when they hired this person? I've seen people fired for tweeting things 300% milder than this.

>

> Here's another example of the type of person she is, read the whole chain of answers:

> Courtesy or /u/7BitBrian

>

> This was just my opinion that I really wanted to get off my chest,

>

> TL;DR: I think Jessica is a terrible person for what she said about TB and that she has no place in Anet.

>

She got fired....LET IT GO already. Why do people INSIST on keeping the pot stirred? Seriously GET OVER IT

> @"Tasida.4085" said:

> > @"Shizlam.4310" said:

> > Up until now, with this whole issue, I never really agreed that people should be fired over tweets, maybe a reprimand and a public apology but never fired.

> >

> > With this issue it was the same, I think Jessica should get some ground rules determined and be allowed to do her work in Anet, since everyone can have bad days, or bad weeks. Everyone can sometimes lash out at clients both the regular physical kind or the service's kind that are p.e. players, or customer support's clients, it's something that happens when you are in a controversial business where there are hundreds of people that have thousands of opinions each.

> >

> > That is until I saw this tweet right here from when TotalBiscuit passed away:

> >

> > Edit: Here are a few more, feel free to click and see the chain for context:

> >

> >

> > And I have to say, this right here, killed it for me. No matter how much of an kitten you are, you don't just say this kind of words publicly, in situations like this, being a public figure, you either are sympathetic, say something nice or shut your trap. Now I've been checking the tweets from her, that people have been showing, and I have to say: she does not belong at Anet, she does need to get fired, and finally what the hell were they thinking when they hired this person? I've seen people fired for tweeting things 300% milder than this.

> >

> > Here's another example of the type of person she is, read the whole chain of answers:

> > Courtesy or /u/7BitBrian

> >

> > This was just my opinion that I really wanted to get off my chest,

> >

> > TL;DR: I think Jessica is a terrible person for what she said about TB and that she has no place in Anet.

> >

>

> She got fired....LET IT GO already. Why do people INSIST on keeping the pot stirred? Seriously GET OVER IT

Pretty sure I had this here a bit (as in an hour) before she was fired.

I don't care that she had and expressed opinions about individuals completely unrelated to GW2, deplorable as those might be. The only aspect of the whole matter that has bearing here, IMO, is that, while presenting herself as a representative of the company she became abusive toward the company's interests.