How much does it cost to craft a gen 1 legendary?

Hi guys,

I just came back from 4 years of absence and before I quit, I was dreaming of owning 1 legendary, **Twilight**. Unfortunately, the dream wasn't enough to hold me playing back then.

Fast forward to today, I checked my bank, and I got 300 golds, and so I was wondering whether it's enough to craft Twilight from scratch. I really don't understand the cost to craft 1 legendary, GW2wiki didn't help much to make me understands it as well.. Can anyone please spare time to give me example on how to craft Twilight from 0?

I just want a weapon that can be used by 2-3 of my characters since I am a noob, I doubt I can craft second legendary, ever. So glad to hear that Necromancer can now use GS ever since PoF. Another weapon I was looking at was Bi-frost, it looks amazing as well..

anyway, thanks in advance for any reply!

Here: https://gw2efficiency.com/crafting/calculator/a~0!b~1!c~0!d~1-30704

It even has crafting steps. 300 gold isn't enough to craft the precursor of Twilight since it costs 416 gold (assuming you have no materials). Full Twilight crafting is about 1292 gold. If you make an account on that website you can check the "Use own materials" option, it will remove the gold cost of any materials you already have.

Bear in mind you don't actually need gold to craft a legendary (except the 100g for the Icy Runestones). What you need is lots of crafting materials and lots of time for the account bound components. So how much gold you have on your account _right now_ isn't an accurate gauge of your ability to make a legendary because that's just one option for one part of it.

Unless you sold all your crafting materials to get that gold you've almost certainly got some of the materials you need already, and other currencies which can be used to get them (for example you can buy T6 fine materials for the Gifts of Might & Magic with laurels). And in the time it will take you to complete the process you'll get more gold and more materials.

I recommend looking at the [table on the Wiki](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Twilight#Full_material_list "table on the Wiki") and the pages for the precursor crafting process to get an idea of what's involved and plan how you're going to go about it. Work out what's going to take the longest (either because it takes a lot of time, like map completion, because it's time-gated like some of the materials needed to craft the precursor, or because you don't like doing it and want to space it out). Or you could use a site like GW2 Efficiency to give you a 'to-do list' showing what you've got and what you need

> @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> Here: https://gw2efficiency.com/crafting/calculator/a~0!b~1!c~0!d~1-30704

> It even has crafting steps. 300 gold isn't enough to craft the precursor of Twilight since it costs 416 gold (assuming you have no materials). Full Twilight crafting is about 1292 gold. If you make an account on that website you can check the "Use own materials" option, it will remove the gold cost of any materials you already have.

Thank you!

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> Bear in mind you don't actually need gold to craft a legendary (except the 100g for the Icy Runestones). What you need is lots of crafting materials and lots of time for the account bound components. So how much gold you have on your account _right now_ isn't an accurate gauge of your ability to make a legendary because that's just one option for one part of it.

>

> Unless you sold all your crafting materials to get that gold you've almost certainly got some of the materials you need already, and other currencies which can be used to get them (for example you can buy T6 fine materials for the Gifts of Might & Magic with laurels). And in the time it will take you to complete the process you'll get more gold and more materials.

>

> I recommend looking at the [table on the Wiki](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Twilight#Full_material_list "table on the Wiki") and the pages for the precursor crafting process to get an idea of what's involved and plan how you're going to go about it. Work out what's going to take the longest (either because it takes a lot of time, like map completion, because it's time-gated like some of the materials needed to craft the precursor, or because you don't like doing it and want to space it out). Or you could use a site like GW2 Efficiency to give you a 'to-do list' showing what you've got and what you need

Yea, I guess I mistaken it like just buying all the mats outright.. sigh.. maybe one day.. haha thank you for th replies!