The MASSIVE buff people are missing in the patch notes

Gwaihir.1745

Hello Arenanet,

Your patch notes are a joke. Where was something weakened?

See thief. This class is in WVW total OP just like the Ranger. The thief even got buffs.

Where was the meteor shower weakened? Currently I get 15k DMG from just one ball. Accordingly, you are not even 1 second dead in the dirt.

Thank you You have really proven that you have no idea of your game.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"Nuka Cola.8520" said:

> > Be ready for warrior meta that will be worse than hambow, and that will take anet another six months to "balance".

>

> Maybe if warrior had invuln skills and gained something from what the OP brought up.

It doesn't need it. But yea, i posted in the wrong thread.

I'm not sure what to make of it

On one hand, hitting Renewed Focus and expecting to survive through your Renewed Focus is reasonable

On the other hand, condi'ing up someone and watching them die in the middle of their Renewed Focus is always funny

> @"Sarrs.4831" said:

> I'm not sure what to make of it

> On one hand, hitting Renewed Focus and expecting to survive through your Renewed Focus is reasonable

> On the other hand, condi'ing up someone and watching them die in the middle of their Renewed Focus is always funny

Trapping an engineer in their Auto Elixir S and watching them die from conditions unable to do anything was an exquisite delight.

> @"LazySummer.2568" said:

> they obviously did this to give mesmers the buff they need because they """""nerfed""""" them in other places

Holy jesus this illuminati lvl of arguing. At least make it a little bit logical: This change is obviously to buff the braindead ele class don't need to dodge any keyskills form condi or power builds anyway because ele is clearly the onyl class has 2 skills getting reward from that change and not only one. Ele is Anets new baby confirmed, right?

Also mesmer gets not more or less reward from that than all other classes having invuln skills, in particular because other classes don't even need to get 3 clones up for the whole duration.

> @"bravan.3876" said:

> > @"LazySummer.2568" said:

> > they obviously did this to give mesmers the buff they need because they """""nerfed""""" them in other places

>

> Holy jesus this illuminati lvl of arguing. At least make it a little bit logical: This change is obviously to buff the braindead ele class don't need to dodge any keyskills form condi or power builds anyway because ele is clearly the onyl class has 2 skills getting reward from that change and not only one. Ele is Anets new baby confirmed, right?

>

> Also mesmer gets not more or less reward from that than all other classes having invuln skills, in particular because other classes don't even need to get 3 clones up for the whole duration.

yeah and Mesmer is the only class that doesn't need utility slot, trait slot, or weapon sacrificed to get access to that invul so it balances out. Good arguing you got there

Edit: btw, if you don't think needing to sacrifice utility/trait/weapon slot is a thing, let me just remind you that mesmers "technically" also have the most access to invuls because on top of your F4 you can also run all signets with distortion trait. It's k, i don't really expect mesmers to think anyways since they're too used to not needing a brain to play.

You can argue about the amount, but they literally buffed the 2 professions that needed it the least (mirage and holo). They also nerfed condi damage in many other places (dhumfire nerf is the biggest nerf in the history of the game which is saying something since this trait was mass nerfed b4). They also nerfed survivability in professions that don't even have survivability or escape while they actually buffed soulbeast and rev damage which was the least of their issues. Pretty head scratching stuff from Anet.

> @"bravan.3876" said:

> > they obviously did this to give mesmers the buff they need because they """""nerfed""""" them in other places

>

> Holy jesus this illuminati lvl of arguing. At least make it a little bit logical: This change is obviously to buff the braindead ele class don't need to dodge any keyskills form condi or power builds anyway because ele is clearly the onyl class has 2 skills getting reward from that change and not only one. Ele is Anets new baby confirmed, right?

>

> Also mesmer gets not more or less reward from that than all other classes having invuln skills, in particular because other classes don't even need to get 3 clones up for the whole duration.

LOL, did you actually read the entire patch note thread? Staff and FA weavers aren't welcomed in squads and the first one depends on RNG to do some damage; FA weaver in pvp is easily shut down by any condition spec, mirage as the prime example.

> @"Gwaihir.1745" said:

> "Invulnerability effects will now stop conditions from applying damage."

>

> Just..... what? Will this apply to distortion? I don't want to jump the gun but im going to go ahead and say this is going to be massively broken.

Despite its horribly mistaken description saying "evade all attacks" never getting fixed, Distortion is indeed an Invulnerability effect like Obsidian Flesh, Mist Form, Elixir S and Renewed Focus.

While this change is HUGE, it is also necessary, because this is the behavior of 'invulnerability' effects in most games. So having it not affect already ongoing effects was counter-intuitive.

Its duration and its sources may have to be adjusted from here, but it now has the effect it should have always had.

> @"Crinn.7864" said:

> > @"Rysdude.3824" said:

> > It'll be interesting to see which skills it affects

>

> It affects these skills:

> Mist Form (ele)

> Vapor Form (ele downstate)

> Obsidian Flesh (ele)

> Elixer S (Engi)

> Renewed Focus (guard)

> Distortion (Mesmer)

also earth shield (ele)

> @"bravan.3876" said:

>

typical ele builds don't have any invulns, outside of down state

Honestly? This is a great change! Why, in your right mind, and not just because "hurrr I want my condi build to be OP", do you think that invulnerability should not affect conditions too?

Playing against a power build: Oh, I am out of options and CDs, I've used my blocks and evasions, what can I do??? Well I'll pop my invulnerability and try to fuck off somewhere.

Playing against a condi build: Oh, I am out of options and CDs, I've used my condi cleanses, what can I do??? Well, guess I'll die.

It was bullkitten that condi could do dmg against invulnerability in the first place. It made literally no sense whatsoever and would immediately take away a skill on which players learn to rely on when playing against condis.

This is great! Actually, over 90% of the patch notes (if you happened to read everything through carefully) is great!

> @"kipthelip.5802" said:

> > @"Yannir.4132" said:

> > Renewed Focus just got even better.

>

> Yes three seconds of condition immunity every 90 seconds is totally op!

Just means it's a buff to a skill that was hands down the best Guardian Elite skill. I didn't mean that as a bad thing though, I play radiant hammer so I'm absolutely fine with this. :love:

> @"Yannir.4132" said:

> > @"kipthelip.5802" said:

> > > @"Yannir.4132" said:

> > > Renewed Focus just got even better.

> >

> > Yes three seconds of condition immunity every 90 seconds is totally op!

>

> Just means it's a buff to a skill that was hands down the best Guardian Elite skill. I didn't mean that as a bad thing though, I play radiant hammer so I'm absolutely fine with this. :love:

I play rad hammer and I don't see the need for this. I'm perfectly fine being killed if I don't cleanse before going in. Especially since it removes any risk to passive elixir s on engi, most of them already turn kitten and run the moment their passive procs now they can just run better than before.

> @"Gwaihir.1745" said:

> > @"Yannir.4132" said:

> > > @"kipthelip.5802" said:

> > > > @"Yannir.4132" said:

> > > > Renewed Focus just got even better.

> > >

> > > Yes three seconds of condition immunity every 90 seconds is totally op!

> >

> > Just means it's a buff to a skill that was hands down the best Guardian Elite skill. I didn't mean that as a bad thing though, I play radiant hammer so I'm absolutely fine with this. :love:

>

> I play rad hammer and I don't see the need for this. I'm perfectly fine being killed if I don't cleanse before going in. Especially since it removes any risk to passive elixir s on engi, most of them already turn kitten and run the moment their passive procs now they can just run better than before.

Me neither but it's still a buff. Doesn't matter whether it's useful or not.

> @"Yannir.4132" said:

> > @"Gwaihir.1745" said:

> > > > @"kipthelip.5802" said:

> > > > > @"Yannir.4132" said:

> > > > > Renewed Focus just got even better.

> > > >

> > > > Yes three seconds of condition immunity every 90 seconds is totally op!

> > >

> > > Just means it's a buff to a skill that was hands down the best Guardian Elite skill. I didn't mean that as a bad thing though, I play radiant hammer so I'm absolutely fine with this. :love:

> >

> > I play rad hammer and I don't see the need for this. I'm perfectly fine being killed if I don't cleanse before going in. Especially since it removes any risk to passive elixir s on engi, most of them already turn kitten and run the moment their passive procs now they can just run better than before.

>

> Me neither but it's still a buff. Doesn't matter whether it's useful or not.

True but not all buffs distribute equally among classes. EG give perma quickness to every class and warrior and thief will gain alot more than engi or guardian.

> @"Yannir.4132" said:

> > @"kipthelip.5802" said:

> > > Renewed Focus just got even better.

> >

> > Yes three seconds of condition immunity every 90 seconds is totally op!

>

> Just means it's a buff to a skill that was hands down the best Guardian Elite skill. I didn't mean that as a bad thing though, I play radiant hammer so I'm absolutely fine with this. :love:

I apologise for the reflexive sarcasm but sometime you can't tell on these boards what people mean. It's a nice little boost I am not dismissing it I just think its totally fine especially on guardians give the long cool down on renewed focus. I think we are on the same page. I thought maybe you were in line with the guy calling this stuff a missive buff. I always thought it odd during a so called period of invulnerability I could die to something.