• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > @"Lazytophat.4382" said:

> > > @"TexZero.7910" said:

> > > > @"Lazytophat.4382" said:

> > > > > @"TexZero.7910" said:

> > > > > > @"Texas.4861" said:

> > > > > > I really think one or two mounts who could have learned all the abilities would have been enough. What demographic are you aiming at with all these (toys)? Why did you price the Griffith out of most players, who do not like spending real monies to get fake monies, range. No one in my Guild wants to spend 250g to get one even though we have it.

> > > > >

> > > > > It's a good thing they can get the griffin in 10 easy payments of 25g each then.

> > > > > And before you complain that 25g is hard to come by, Silverwaste exist as does Palawadan. There's plenty of easy outs for easy money in this game.

> > > >

> > > > whats silverwastes like? I just hit 80 starting 2 weeks ago and did some PoF to get the raptor and springer mount but havent touched HoT since my friends made me borrow 80 gold to have them equipt me with exotic gear to "survive" HoT nercromancer btw

> > >

> > > You basically find a map doing RIBA. You'll need keys but so long as you run between forts and participate it's nbd. Get keys follow the tag after the meta is done get loot. Open loot on a mid range character (35-50 range), salvage loot list materials. You'll make on average 15-20g/hr.

> >

> > whats RIBA, NBD, what keys and what chests? And you transfer the loot to another character to salvage and sell it? so money is shared on all chars

>

> RIBA: the forts in Silverwastes have color names. Red Rock Bastion, Indigo Cave, Blue Oasis, Amber Sandfall. So RIBA is doing the fort events in the sequence of red, indigo, blue, amber.

>

> nbd means no big deal.

>

> There are [lost bandit chests](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lost_Bandit_Chest) scattered throughout the map between the forts. They are hidden and require [shovels](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Silverwastes_Shovel) to locate and dig up and [keys](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bandit_Skeleton_Key) to open. Since shovels are often in short supply finding chests is often done as a group as once a chest is found it’s available for everyone with a key to open.

>

> Containers are often given to a mid level char to open (by putting them in the bank and having the other char go to the bank to pick it up) as the mid range mats are worth more. Gold (as well as many other currencies) is account wide and is in your [wallet](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Currency).

Thanks a lot for the explanation. I think I am going to do this later tonight. cheers!

> @"Julischka Bean.7491" said:

> > @"Manasa Devi.7958" said:

> > According to Chris Cleary, half of the people who unlocked the raptor have unlocked the griffon. That does seem to imply it's not beyond the majority's means.

>

> For what the Griffion does and looks like, I would say half represents a large number of griffonless folks.

>

> If half have not unlocked it by now, this half either does not want the hassle of getting it, or it indeed is beyond their means...by means, I mean finishing that kitten story as well as the expense.

>

> The young whippersnappers, with young whippersnapper coordination, have it for sure :)

>

> Lisa-Glad she is not a young whippersnapper anymore..this world is going Batcrazy...in a bad way.

I am 44, just rejoined the game after I left for over a year, for some reason had only 2 gold left (guess I spent all of it hunting AP through legendary collections before I left or something). It took me less than 3 weeks to get the griffon, using a vintage charged relase engi that completely underperforms in todays meta. So I doubt it is only for young pro gamers. I know this is all subjective of cause, but I thought I bring in a different personal perspective :)

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > with time and increase of mounts it will end in chaos and the whole system will have to be reworked.

> Not really. There are lots of possibilities other than 'chaos' or reworking the entire system. In fact, I'd be disappointed if they aren't already fleshing out 3-4 ideas for what to do when they end up with 10 mounts.

That _is_ called reworking. The dropdown list and keybinds won't be good enough at some point, so you are basically agreeing with me. So how is that "Not really"?

> Among many possibilities: they could implement some sort of radial mount menu

Again, how is that "Not really" then? It's exactly what I was talking about. :s

> @"OrbitalButt.5708" said:

> > @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> > > @"Texas.4861" said:

> > > Why did you price the Griffith out of most players

> >

> > Firstly, Griffith priced himself out when he betrayed his friends for divinity, and dealt with the God Hand.

>

> Underrated post

haha, glad someone caught the reference :D

I think my point, of having to pay to do an event or get something in game, not something from the Black Lion Store, that should be part of the game, it what I was originally hoping to get across. Someone asked how long I been playing.. three GW1 accounts 4 GW2 accounts, Two since the Beta. Its not the monies, its the idea. You are right, its a choice and its not a necessity for in game content.

Why not make the next mount a dune buggy then, the Charr already make tanks.

and yes, I have trouble transfering what I am thinking to what I am typing.

> @"Julischka Bean.7491" said:

> > @"Manasa Devi.7958" said:

> > According to Chris Cleary, half of the people who unlocked the raptor have unlocked the griffon. That does seem to imply it's not beyond the majority's means.

>

> For what the Griffion does and looks like, I would say half represents a large number of griffonless folks.

>

> If half have not unlocked it by now, this half either does not want the hassle of getting it, or it indeed is beyond their means...by means, I mean finishing that kitten story as well as the expense.

>

> The young whippersnappers, with young whippersnapper coordination, have it for sure :)

>

> Lisa-Glad she is not a young whippersnapper anymore..this world is going Batcrazy...in a bad way.

Don't forget we had a big influx of new players recently and based on topics in Players Helping Players a lot of them have been boosting a character to 80, doing the 1st PoF mission to unlock the griffon and then going back to a low level character to level up naturally and do the story in order with the raptor before going back to PoF and getting the rest of the mounts. So for those people there could be a gap of weeks or months between getting the raptor and even unlocking the springer.

Also I don't know about expansions but based on what I've heard for stand-alone games it's good that 50% of people even finished the story, a lot of people don't. You can see it with things like Playstation 4 trophies - check what percentage of people who own a game get the trophy for completing the main story (even in relatively short games) and it's often very low. (This is often used to illustrate the point that game studios actually want their best people working on the very early levels/maps - because that's what most people will see _and_ what will drive them to progress to see the rest of the game world.)

> @"crepuscular.9047" said:

> > @"wrathmagik.3518" said:

> > > @"Endless Soul.5178" said:

> > > "Why did you price the Griffith out of most players"

> > >

> > > What? According to ANet a few months, many, _many_ thousands of players have the griffon mount, and I'm very sure that number has grown by a lot since that announcement.

> >

> > Is that all? I swear to God (and this is not an exageration) it's actually rarer for me to see someone without the griffon mount then with. I thought everyone had it lol.

>

> According to GW2Efficency, the data they got from GW2's API, about 80-85% of the population have 250g in liquid gold

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/6fQGRDq.png "")

> about 45% of the population is able to obtain that amount under 500 hours of play time; don't forget the figures is entire population, so this includes people do not have PoF (20.35%), only have core (4.58%), and F2P players (1.55%)

>

> add in the materials you can liquidate you can achieve that 250g in lesser time, or greater than the reported about 80-85% player base have usable net worth over 250g

But is that percentage based on the total number of players, or just ones who have signed up for GW2Efficiency and provided their API code? Last I heard they can only get data on people who have chosen to provide their code, and that's likely to be more dedicated players who are also likely to have more gold and 'end game' things like the griffon. Most casual players don't sign up to fan sites, or even read forums. They just play the game and then forget about it when they're not logged in.

It wouldn't surprise me if the percentage of total players who currently have 250g or more is much, much lower than that. Even if there was a way to exclude second accounts which send all their gold to the persons main account.

> @"Texas.4861" said:

> I think my point, of having to pay to do an event or get something in game, not something from the Black Lion Store, that should be part of the game, it what I was originally hoping to get across.

Lots of people would agree with that idea.

However, I hope you can understand that this thread isn't about that. The original contention is that there are too many mounts, nothing to do with the method of acquisition.

> @"Texas.4861" said:

> **Too many mounts**

> I really think one or two mounts who could have learned all the abilities would have been enough. What demographic are you aiming at with all these (toys)? Why did you price the Griffith out of most players, who do not like spending real monies to get fake monies, range. No one in my Guild wants to spend 250g to get one even though we have it.

There's nothing there that is about "I'd like to earn mounts in game." The original contention is that fewer mounts would be better, that management has aimed rewards at the wrong people, that somehow a 250 gold cost means people have to spend RL cash? And you've doubled down on that opinion several times since.

> @"Texas.4861" said:

> I think my point, of having to pay to do an event or get something in game, not something from the Black Lion Store, that should be part of the game, it what I was originally hoping to get across.

You don't have to spend any real money on this mount, though. The gold is pretty easy to get, especially since you only have to pay in 25g increments. It's no different from saving up gold to buy anything in the game.

On the contrary I think that the way the griffon mount was handled was the best. I would have preferred if all mounts required some sort of collection in order to acquire tbh. I had a lot of fun going for my griffon and 250g seems like a very fair tradeoff considering how useful of a mount it is!

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > @"crepuscular.9047" said:

> > > @"wrathmagik.3518" said:

> > > > @"Endless Soul.5178" said:

> > > > "Why did you price the Griffith out of most players"

> > > >

> > > > What? According to ANet a few months, many, _many_ thousands of players have the griffon mount, and I'm very sure that number has grown by a lot since that announcement.

> > >

> > > Is that all? I swear to God (and this is not an exageration) it's actually rarer for me to see someone without the griffon mount then with. I thought everyone had it lol.

> >

> > According to GW2Efficency, the data they got from GW2's API, about 80-85% of the population have 250g in liquid gold

> > ![](https://i.imgur.com/6fQGRDq.png "")

> > about 45% of the population is able to obtain that amount under 500 hours of play time; don't forget the figures is entire population, so this includes people do not have PoF (20.35%), only have core (4.58%), and F2P players (1.55%)

> >

> > add in the materials you can liquidate you can achieve that 250g in lesser time, or greater than the reported about 80-85% player base have usable net worth over 250g

>

> But is that percentage based on the total number of players, or just ones who have signed up for GW2Efficiency and provided their API code? Last I heard they can only get data on people who have chosen to provide their code, and that's likely to be more dedicated players who are also likely to have more gold and 'end game' things like the griffon. Most casual players don't sign up to fan sites, or even read forums. They just play the game and then forget about it when they're not logged in.

>

> It wouldn't surprise me if the percentage of total players who currently have 250g or more is much, much lower than that. Even if there was a way to exclude second accounts which send all their gold to the persons main account.

it is only the people who have GW2Efficiency linked, as GW2E 204,429 account data, Anet reported over 11 million players (I'me guessing this includes F2P and inactive accounts) for the launch of PoF

because we are only talking about mounts, so only accounts with PoF is relevant, of these 1026 are PoF only plus 149,311 have all expansion; I think the people linking their GW2E with API key are the group of users who start to value their progression in the game, beyond using it as a tool to calculate crafting

I believe from a statistic point of view it gives a pretty good interpretation by filtering out most of the F2P and inactive accounts, leaving in a good portion of the share of people population who appreciates the game ;)

> @"crepuscular.9047" said:

> I believe from a statistic point of view it gives a pretty good interpretation by filtering out most of the F2P and inactive accounts, leaving in a good portion of the share of people population who appreciates the game ;)

Actually, from a statistical point of view, using only people who have GW2Efficiency linked is an incredibly flawed sampling method, since the sample will suffer from [self-selection bias](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-selection_bias "self-selection bias"). As Danikat pointed out, the players who signed up to GW2Efficiency are unlikely to be representative of the population - even if you take that to mean active players who bought PoF - and the result is that your sample is probably too biased to draw any meaningful conclusions.

> @"Texas.4861" said:

> I really think one or two mounts who could have learned all the abilities would have been enough. What demographic are you aiming at with all these (toys)? Why did you price the Griffith out of most players, who do not like spending real monies to get fake monies, range. No one in my Guild wants to spend 250g to get one even though we have it.

250g is easy to get and it's not much. Most of my friends have it and it's also a mount you can work towards. If you think it is a lot of gold then go play Pokémon GO with your casual friends.

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > @"Mea.5491" said:

> > > @"Texas.4861" said:

> > > Why did you price the Griffith out of most players, who do not like spending real monies to get fake monies, range.

> > Melanie Griffith? XD

>

> Hah! I was just about to reply what Melanie Griffith had to do with anything. ;)

>

> I agree with the sentiment of "too many mounts", though. It's a pain in the behind already to switch quickly between them - don't get me started on keyboard or mouse button shortcuts, all my input devices' buttons/keys are already fully occupied in this game, so where should I put those, especially when you still need to unmount before mounting (so simply pressing the respective shortcut to switch mounts is not enough), and that just gets confusing with dozens of keys and remembering which key/button is which etc. Now think about future mounts - it is doomed to end in chaos.

You know you can use key combinations? I use for mounts Shift + 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 (Raptor, Springer, Skimmer, Jackal, Griffon, Beetle)

> @"mikeeens.3542" said:

> More mounts - better.

Depends if they feel useful or not. Beetle is a bit of a downer in terms of not having multiple boosts from the get go and not easily breaking walls especially whens its pathing is interrupted. Still fun to speed around in flat circular areas tho, like the mad king says, "for a time".

> @"Lambros Augustus.6594" said:

> > @"mikeeens.3542" said:

> > More mounts - better.

>

> Depends if they feel useful or not. Beetle is a bit of a downer in terms of not having multiple boosts from the get go and not easily breaking walls especially whens its pathing is interrupted. Still fun to speed around in flat circular areas tho, like the mad king says, "for a time".

Well i would be fine only with 1 mount... The first mount u can get from quest... and im happy. :dizzy: D

If each mount have different boosts/skills like flying/swimming/jumping high etc then GO AHEAD... if mounts looks similar or they dont have any skills... then yea... no point.