Sea of Sorrows is... 'FULL'???

It seems odd to me that a bunch of guilds left SoS at a time when it wasn't 'full'... but it's full now? ... and another big guild just left SoS to go to Borlis Pass. Please do NOT make this into a matchup thread because it isn't meant to be that... I just don't understand how a server can become full AFTER a bunch of guilds leave...

> @"Lahmia.2193" said:

> Probably because the algorithm for server size is based on play time of characters rather than the actual amount of people on the server. And will take a while to kick in.

When I talk about people "leaving the server" I am talking about the groups that actually play WvW. I don't know who the guild [Cook] is but I assume they come online when I'm not there?? Ah well, it is what it is... just makes me wonder is all...

> @"Balthazzarr.1349" said:

> It seems odd to me that a bunch of guilds left SoS at a time when it wasn't 'full'... but it's full now? ... and another big guild just left SoS to go to Borlis Pass. Please do NOT make this into a matchup thread because it isn't meant to be that... I just don't understand how a server can become full AFTER a bunch of guilds leave...

Is that Envy who left for BP?

If they just left the world pop won't be updated until next week now.

> @"morrolan.9608" said:

> > @"Balthazzarr.1349" said:

> > It seems odd to me that a bunch of guilds left SoS at a time when it wasn't 'full'... but it's full now? ... and another big guild just left SoS to go to Borlis Pass. Please do NOT make this into a matchup thread because it isn't meant to be that... I just don't understand how a server can become full AFTER a bunch of guilds leave...

>

> Is that Envy who left for BP?

>

> If they just left the world pop won't be updated until next week now.

yes that’s the one ?

> > @"morrolan.9608" said:

> > > @"Balthazzarr.1349" said:

> > > It seems odd to me that a bunch of guilds left SoS at a time when it wasn't 'full'... but it's full now? ... and another big guild just left SoS to go to Borlis Pass. Please do NOT make this into a matchup thread because it isn't meant to be that... I just don't understand how a server can become full AFTER a bunch of guilds leave...

> >

> > Is that Envy who left for BP?

> >

> > If they just left the world pop won't be updated until next week now.

>

> yes that’s the one ?

So they recruit SOS players then leave, fantastic.

> @"morrolan.9608" said:

> > > @"morrolan.9608" said:

> > > > @"Balthazzarr.1349" said:

> > > > It seems odd to me that a bunch of guilds left SoS at a time when it wasn't 'full'... but it's full now? ... and another big guild just left SoS to go to Borlis Pass. Please do NOT make this into a matchup thread because it isn't meant to be that... I just don't understand how a server can become full AFTER a bunch of guilds leave...

> > >

> > > Is that Envy who left for BP?

> > >

> > > If they just left the world pop won't be updated until next week now.

> >

> > yes that’s the one ?

>

> So they recruit SOS players then leave, fantastic.

yes they had a pretty large group by the time they left.

> @"BadMed.3846" said:

> Molasses is such an adorable, cuddly teddy....look after him. All he would ask for is "Bubbles".

>

> Cook is a nice pug friendly guild. I've ran with them on Mag. Good luck!

Mol needs to be watered frequently, too. It really helps him blossom. Mol, if you're reading this, ILU.

> @"morrolan.9608" said:

> > @"Krypto.2069" said:

> > Yeah, [Cook] is a BLAST! :+1: Thanks for coming to SoS! :+1: And Lobster is a HOOT with his Golem Army!

> > **VERY** FUN STUFF! :smiley:

>

> Its worth noting Lobster is a she not a he.

Oops! Thank you! :sweat_smile:

**SHE'S** da BOMB!!! :+1:

> It seems odd to me that a bunch of guilds left SoS at a time when it wasn't 'full'... but it's full now? ... and another big guild just left SoS to go to Borlis Pass. Please do NOT make this into a matchup thread because it isn't meant to be that... I just don't understand how a server can become full AFTER a bunch of guilds leave...

There are a few things to point out. Server status is not updated instantly, so everyone can leave a server and it wont change the status for some time. This was done to make it harder for servers to open up by simply dropping activity and reducing the amount of people participating in WvW. Also, activity now counts for more when calculating status, so a server can be really active in one timezone for a few hours and dead the rest of the day and can be labeled full. And for those that don't know "Full" does not literally mean the server is at capacity, it is just a simple way of saying the server is over the set threshold that the devs impose on ALL servers. Once a server goes over that threshold, it is labeled full but it doesnt mean it has the same population or level of activity as other full servers.

> @"X T D.6458" said:

> > It seems odd to me that a bunch of guilds left SoS at a time when it wasn't 'full'... but it's full now? ... and another big guild just left SoS to go to Borlis Pass. Please do NOT make this into a matchup thread because it isn't meant to be that... I just don't understand how a server can become full AFTER a bunch of guilds leave...

>

> There are a few things to point out. Server status is not updated instantly, so everyone can leave a server and it wont change the status for some time. This was done to make it harder for servers to open up by simply dropping activity and reducing the amount of people participating in WvW. Also, activity now counts for more when calculating status, so a server can be really active in one timezone for a few hours and dead the rest of the day and can be labeled full. And for those that don't know "Full" does not literally mean the server is at capacity, it is just a simple way of saying the server is over the set threshold that the devs impose on ALL servers. Once a server goes over that threshold, it is labeled full but it doesnt mean it has the same population or level of activity as other full servers.

LOL, sorry but your "at capacity" makes me picture the gang from Always Sunny trying to get into like BG and the ANET devs are like, "sorry sir, but we are at capacity"

> @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > @"X T D.6458" said:

> > > @"Balthazzarr.1349" said:

> > > It seems odd to me that a bunch of guilds left SoS at a time when it wasn't 'full'... but it's full now? ... and another big guild just left SoS to go to Borlis Pass. Please do NOT make this into a matchup thread because it isn't meant to be that... I just don't understand how a server can become full AFTER a bunch of guilds leave...

> >

> > There are a few things to point out. Server status is not updated instantly, so everyone can leave a server and it wont change the status for some time. This was done to make it harder for servers to open up by simply dropping activity and reducing the amount of people participating in WvW. Also, activity now counts for more when calculating status, so a server can be really active in one timezone for a few hours and dead the rest of the day and can be labeled full. And for those that don't know "Full" does not literally mean the server is at capacity, it is just a simple way of saying the server is over the set threshold that the devs impose on ALL servers. Once a server goes over that threshold, it is labeled full but it doesnt mean it has the same population or level of activity as other full servers.

>

> LOL, sorry but your "at capacity" makes me picture the gang from Always Sunny trying to get into like BG and the ANET devs are like, "sorry sir, but we are at capacity"

Charlie would find a way ;)

Problem with the full label is that people confuse the meaning and seem to think that any server labeled as such somehow means that they are all equal in population and activity. That's not how it works, and personal perception is irrelevant because none of us have access to the data and metrics that the devs do.