Make the Tengu available through masteries!

Like mounts, make it unlockable through masteries. Make it it's own profession. You can unlock weapons/armors and builds for it throught masteries, that way anet wont need to adjust all the armor in the game for one race since it will have it's own. really you can come up with endless masteries for it. I just think that if we have any chance of getting this race i think through masteries would be the best option. we already have the models, too. what do you think?

Unlocking a race through masteries is inappropriate and makes absolutely no sense at all. The mastery system is about introducing new abilities/skills for our character as a form of progression. Unlocking a race, entirely separate from our character does not fall under that category. There is precisely zero chance of unlocking a race that way as far as I can see.

If they want to add a new race, they'll just add a new race via an expansion and do it properly. If they wanted to do it half hearted, then they already have the tonics (see Kodan) to do that.

At first, I thought this was a request to have the Tengu added as heroes through a Mastery line. Enabled for dungeon and story instance content only. I could see that, possibly with fees per use as a mercenary for hire type of approach. The Mastery line could even be added to Core Tyria along with several more Mastery points attached to associated achievements and geographical commune points.

It would be an interesting way to introduce heroes, mechanically and thematically, but the background work would still be substantial.