Please don't devalue "The Blazing Light" title (killing Liadri)

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > @"Ziooo.8932" said:

> > Idk really, i got the mini already, which is the best imo, but still dont have the title (which is only possible if you killed her back in the first queens gauntlet when there was no title achiev and never again).

> >

> > Im happy to be able to go there once again, i like that zone a lot, and i really think they should leave that fight as it was. We are super power creeped anyways, its not like something any spellbreaker wouldnt be able to do nowadays... it will arise more and more problems if every single one who experienced the same fight back in the day sees it as super smooth now.

>

> But I didn't manage to beat her until the 2nd time around and I've got the mini and the title. Are you sure you're not thinking of another title?

You're the one misuderstanding, i think. The mini was there from the beginning, but the title (tid to a separate achieve) got added only the 2nd time. So, someone that killed her the first time, but not second, would get the mini but _not_ the title. So, exactly as Ziooo described.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive had it for years now. I cant even remember how i got it.

The only reason I would want a new title for it is because then I would actually have something to go for.

With all the previous reworks of SAB, wintersday and lunar new year.. I was like, I have done most of this I dont have to participate (as much)

> @"GreyWolf.8670" said:

> You want more elitism? I want less.

Nothing todo with elitism. We want to keep our unique title and pet.

MMOs should move forward and when they remove things, they should keep it that way.

It more like "was there, done that". we played the content when it was relevant.

we play these games to be special (ingame). title, pets, legendaries, skins and so on. when everybody can get it, nobody is special and thats pretty boring.

i did it when the pavillion was active first time. wearing title and pet since day 1.

Yeah I was hoping they'd add new bosses and challenges to Queens Gauntlet, like maybe make the Blazing Light the final boss instead of the concealing dark so that we could get the Concealing Dark as a title and the Blazing Light as a mini and give us new challenges on top of it.

But if they didn't then Power Creep will make Queens Gauntlet extremely easy...

I'm really happy that it's finally back but I also really hope to see new Bosses and new Achievements and I would prefer if the old Titles and Mini would not be made available since it has always been something special for me. I've always been someone who likes rewards that cannot be collected at any later point in time, I like having something that shows others: "Hey I've been there and done that" and there are only few titles and minis that actually do that, The Blazing Light title and the Liadry Mini where my favorite ones to do so and I'd be really disappointed if they lost that value.

> @"Zaraki.5784" said:

> To all of you who call it a "2nd chance".

> It's not a second chance! It's an easy mode with elite specs, call it with its the proper name please.

Again, how is this different to how it was before?

Was doing it with a Warrior, as shown in the video above, 'easy mode'? Should they have been excluded from the title, or gotten a different one? What about necromancers using lifesteal? What about people using special mice/keypads etc. to make it easier to coordinate movement and skills?

Where do you draw the line between clever players making smart profession and build choices so the fight is easier and professions or builds which are too easy and should not be allowed? Is it different for each person, since what one person finds easy to play can be difficult for someone else?

> @"Stalkingwolf.6035" said:

> > @"GreyWolf.8670" said:

> > You want more elitism? I want less.

>

> Nothing todo with elitism. We want to keep our unique title and pet.

> MMOs should move forward and when they remove things, they should keep it that way.

> It more like "was there, done that". we played the content when it was relevant.

> we play these games to be special (ingame). title, pets, legendaries, skins and so on. when everybody can get it, nobody is special and thats pretty boring.

> i did it when the pavillion was active first time. wearing title and pet since day 1.

It's festival content that was available twice before and is now coming back for a third time now so it wasn't "removed"; it just wasn't available for a few years in the same way that SAB wasn't available for years.

Also, "we want to keep our unique title and pet" sounds like elitism, it's gate keeping; trying to prevent those who come after you from getting something so you can feel special.

> @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > @"Stalkingwolf.6035" said:

> > > @"GreyWolf.8670" said:

> > > You want more elitism? I want less.

> >

> > Nothing todo with elitism. We want to keep our unique title and pet.

> > MMOs should move forward and when they remove things, they should keep it that way.

> > It more like "was there, done that". we played the content when it was relevant.

> > we play these games to be special (ingame). title, pets, legendaries, skins and so on. when everybody can get it, nobody is special and thats pretty boring.

> > i did it when the pavillion was active first time. wearing title and pet since day 1.

>

> It's festival content that was available twice before and is now coming back for a third time now so it wasn't "removed"; it just wasn't available for a few years in the same way that SAB wasn't available for years.

>

> Also, "we want to keep our unique title and pet" sounds like elitism, it's gate keeping; trying to prevent those who come after you from getting something so you can feel special.

Difference is that in those two times it was available, Elite specs didn't existed. Another solution would be to forbid their use.

> @"Zaraki.5784" said:

> > @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > > @"Stalkingwolf.6035" said:

> > > > @"GreyWolf.8670" said:

> > > > You want more elitism? I want less.

> > >

> > > Nothing todo with elitism. We want to keep our unique title and pet.

> > > MMOs should move forward and when they remove things, they should keep it that way.

> > > It more like "was there, done that". we played the content when it was relevant.

> > > we play these games to be special (ingame). title, pets, legendaries, skins and so on. when everybody can get it, nobody is special and thats pretty boring.

> > > i did it when the pavillion was active first time. wearing title and pet since day 1.

> >

> > It's festival content that was available twice before and is now coming back for a third time now so it wasn't "removed"; it just wasn't available for a few years in the same way that SAB wasn't available for years.

> >

> > Also, "we want to keep our unique title and pet" sounds like elitism, it's gate keeping; trying to prevent those who come after you from getting something so you can feel special.

>

> Difference is that in those two times it was available, Elite specs didn't existed. Another solution would be to forbid their use.

Did you actually watch the video i linked above? Can you tell me in what possible way can elite specs make this easier than what was shown there?

> @"Zaraki.5784" said:

> > @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > > @"Stalkingwolf.6035" said:

> > > > @"GreyWolf.8670" said:

> > > > You want more elitism? I want less.

> > >

> > > Nothing todo with elitism. We want to keep our unique title and pet.

> > > MMOs should move forward and when they remove things, they should keep it that way.

> > > It more like "was there, done that". we played the content when it was relevant.

> > > we play these games to be special (ingame). title, pets, legendaries, skins and so on. when everybody can get it, nobody is special and thats pretty boring.

> > > i did it when the pavillion was active first time. wearing title and pet since day 1.

> >

> > It's festival content that was available twice before and is now coming back for a third time now so it wasn't "removed"; it just wasn't available for a few years in the same way that SAB wasn't available for years.

> >

> > Also, "we want to keep our unique title and pet" sounds like elitism, it's gate keeping; trying to prevent those who come after you from getting something so you can feel special.

>

> Difference is that in those two times it was available, Elite specs didn't existed. Another solution would be to forbid their use.

Your use of the word solution implies there's actually a problem that needs to be solved. There isn't.

There is always that one guy that has to start drama over a meaningless thing......just be happy the events are comming back and enjoy yourself, as for the title it was no big deal to begin with, i started playing when the queen pavillion was around, i beat the blazing light with a warrior with masterwork gear and sub par traits since i was new back then and barely knew how the game worked, kiting her around with rifle, really hard content.....(sarcasm)

> @"Susy.7529" said:

> > @"MithranArkanere.8957" said:

> > Why don't you try to stop the dawn next?

> >

> > All achievements and titles devalue over time, as more and more people manage to get them, with or without new specializations and balance changes, it will happen.

>

> It happens because nobody do anything to avoid it (like a proper balancing of new specializations in case of raids) but it's different here, if more people would manage to get this title, it would be fine, nothing to complain but here the point is that the great majority of them would manage to get it ONLY by using new specializations and it's not fair at all toward those who spent tons of time and energy attempting to get it in the old days.

>

> > There's nothing that will ever stop that.

>

> There could be, it's called "Anet's Intervention".

> I agree with OP here, and it's not hard to do so: make a new title for beating Liadri from now on (as OP said) or forbid the use of elite specs in the Liadri fight.

> Just look at all the fuss raiders do when people exploit a glitch to get cm kills, they even convinced anet to make a brand new title for W4 cm for that reason; sadly raids still follow that rule you said about "titles devaluing over time" no matter what (due to the introduction of new specializations and raising powercreep) but here there's still something that can be done to prevent that.

Exploit for top tier challenging content= the same as getting a kill with power creep againts an easy 1v1 event boss 10/10 comparisson

> @"Mister Asdasd.6194" said:

> > @"Susy.7529" said:

> > > @"MithranArkanere.8957" said:

> > > Why don't you try to stop the dawn next?

> > >

> > > All achievements and titles devalue over time, as more and more people manage to get them, with or without new specializations and balance changes, it will happen.

> >

> > It happens because nobody do anything to avoid it (like a proper balancing of new specializations in case of raids) but it's different here, if more people would manage to get this title, it would be fine, nothing to complain but here the point is that the great majority of them would manage to get it ONLY by using new specializations and it's not fair at all toward those who spent tons of time and energy attempting to get it in the old days.

> >

> > > There's nothing that will ever stop that.

> >

> > There could be, it's called "Anet's Intervention".

> > I agree with OP here, and it's not hard to do so: make a new title for beating Liadri from now on (as OP said) or forbid the use of elite specs in the Liadri fight.

> > Just look at all the fuss raiders do when people exploit a glitch to get cm kills, they even convinced anet to make a brand new title for W4 cm for that reason; sadly raids still follow that rule you said about "titles devaluing over time" no matter what (due to the introduction of new specializations and raising powercreep) but here there's still something that can be done to prevent that.

>

> Exploit for top tier challenging content= the same as getting a kill with power creep againts an easy 1v1 event boss 10/10 comparisson

You're right it's not the same, in this case it's even worse. Glitches are unpredictable, this is announced.

So please anet, if you plan on bring back this title, don't make it as a freebie for new players with Elite specializations..

> @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> Stop trying to prevent newer players from getting opportunities to get older rewards.

Why? MMORPGs with no history have no depth to their playerbase's social structure. You need a buried history to have that. GW2 lacks expansions raising the level doing so semi-automatically. And yet even there, achievements such as *Insane in the Membrane* in WoW already lost what they once meant.

In GW2, that problem is far bigger: Without a rising level, nothing ever moves into "meeeeh"-territory. Nothing ever gets out of reach. Unless it's removed from the game explicitly, like LS1 or until now some events.

If they come back - that's cool. But the title for the first year should be separate, as should be the minis and all, as a nod to players who had it years ago before everything was trivialized with the elite specs.

> @"Susy.7529" said:

> > @"Mister Asdasd.6194" said:

> > > @"Susy.7529" said:

> > > > @"MithranArkanere.8957" said:

> > > > Why don't you try to stop the dawn next?

> > > >

> > > > All achievements and titles devalue over time, as more and more people manage to get them, with or without new specializations and balance changes, it will happen.

> > >

> > > It happens because nobody do anything to avoid it (like a proper balancing of new specializations in case of raids) but it's different here, if more people would manage to get this title, it would be fine, nothing to complain but here the point is that the great majority of them would manage to get it ONLY by using new specializations and it's not fair at all toward those who spent tons of time and energy attempting to get it in the old days.

> > >

> > > > There's nothing that will ever stop that.

> > >

> > > There could be, it's called "Anet's Intervention".

> > > I agree with OP here, and it's not hard to do so: make a new title for beating Liadri from now on (as OP said) or forbid the use of elite specs in the Liadri fight.

> > > Just look at all the fuss raiders do when people exploit a glitch to get cm kills, they even convinced anet to make a brand new title for W4 cm for that reason; sadly raids still follow that rule you said about "titles devaluing over time" no matter what (due to the introduction of new specializations and raising powercreep) but here there's still something that can be done to prevent that.

> >

> > Exploit for top tier challenging content= the same as getting a kill with power creep againts an easy 1v1 event boss 10/10 comparisson

>

> You're right it's not the same, in this case it's even worse. Glitches are unpredictable, this is announced.

> So please anet, if you plan on bring back this title, don't make it as a freebie for new players with Elite specializations..

Waaah let me keep my title so i can feel like a special snowflake, i say the more people can enjoy previously out of their reach content tje better, it motivates people to keep playing and potentially brings back inavtive players

> @"aspirine.5839" said:

> > @"SpaceRaccoon.9684" said:

> > I hope this year someone does the fight naked on a core spec just to crush all these fragile egos.

>

> It would be kinda funny if you can only do it on core spec :P

They won't do that and even if they did it's not going to be the same as there have been countless skill and trait changes since 2014, including the fundamental changes from the original trait system to the current one that allows elite specs: the current system where you select three trait lines system and only three was introduced in 2015.

There's still plenty of prestige titles and stuff. Hero of Lion's Arch, Primordial Legend, Volunteer, Avenger of the Dispossessed, and Bouncer are all titles that will never come back.

> @"Zephyr.5382" said:

> I have the sovereign dagger, and, sure, enjoyed some “prestige” for a time. But I am 100% in favor of other players being allowed the opportunity to obtain these skins as well.

You can still get them, but only from the guaranteed wardrobe/weapon unlocks. I've been lucky enough to get a horn and rifle from there.

> @"Carighan.6758" said:

> > @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> > Stop trying to prevent newer players from getting opportunities to get older rewards.

>

> Why? MMORPGs with no history have no depth to their playerbase's social structure. You need a buried history to have that. GW2 lacks expansions raising the level doing so semi-automatically. And yet even there, achievements such as *Insane in the Membrane* in WoW already lost what they once meant.

>

> In GW2, that problem is far bigger: Without a rising level, nothing ever moves into "meeeeh"-territory. Nothing ever gets out of reach. Unless it's removed from the game explicitly, like LS1 or until now some events.

>

> If they come back - that's cool. But the title for the first year should be separate, as should be the minis and all, as a nod to players who had it years ago before everything was trivialized with the elite specs.

Wait a minute. So does nothing ever move into meh territory or do elite specs trivialize content? You're contradicting yourself heavily here. Pick one.

> @"Zaraki.5784" said:

> It's the hardest challenge I came across in all my gw2 experience (harder that both raid and fractal cm) and on top of that, it couldn't be sold.

> Now with Elite Specs and newfound powercreep, it could be done much more easily [...]

Since they reworked all boss mechanics to fit the current level of difficulty and even added new opponents, it is _highly_ unlikely that the title will be "easy" to achieve.

> @"ugrakarma.9416" said:

> that "value" only exists in the mind of those have it, nobody cares lol. normaly, those who does not already have, dont know what it is, does not care, and doenst have any clue what is.

>

This is one of only 2 titles I've ever had someone comment on, but not because they were impressed by it - they didn't know or care where it came from, they just thought it'd be fun for a character wearing lots of shiny armour and infusions and when I said it was from Season 1 and no longer available we agreed The Sunbringer works just as well.

The other was Avenger of the Dispossessed and it was the same situation - they thought it'd be good for a role-play character and lost interest as soon as they found out it wasn't available any more. Honestly that's been my experience with most "exclusive" things. I don't know if it's because even when I think I'm being neutral it always comes across that I feel like I'm letting them down by saying it's not available any more, or if it's because people only ask about things they'd like to have, but the reaction is always disappointment that it's gone and/or confusion over why so much stuff has been removed from the game rather than anyone being impressed that I happened to be online during the 2-4 weeks it was around.