How did you decide on your profile picture?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My original profile picture was Logan Thackeray, because he's one of my favorite characters. (I refuse to acknowledge his personality in *Edge of Destiny*.)

Now it's Malyck, because I love that guy and I really want to find out what happened to him.

...and few people seem to be using it, so...hurrah for originality? Ish? :D

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> I love dragons generally and Glint and her kids are favourites, so it was a natural choice. It was just a matter of picking between the available Glint/Vlast/Aurene icons. I picked this one because I like it and I feel like it's used less often - which helps avoid me mixing up my posts and other peoples when skimming through topics.

This

I'm a Faren fan and continue to hope he has hidden depths and is actually E. So once there was a Faren pic I nabbed it, even though the witch picture is much closer to my actual appearance (not terribly close, but at least it's female with long dark hair and wearing a hat).

Also, my main is a male human noble with a showy streak who bonds quite well with Faren. Thus of the options available, this is currently most suitable for me.

![](https://us.v-cdn.net/6027239/uploads/avatarstock/pJ77AFSUAKKSW.png "")

The Revenants once were great in Tyria...Now we struggle to hold our dps. We've been nerfed, driven back, forgotten. But we will not surrender. So many skills have changed, only Jalis got buffed. Our faith is strong despite the patchnotes of the Anet. With Mallyx we'll make our stand in meta.

Kitty's is an asura in honour of the asura living in her heart in a tiny asuran lab. Her name's Kitt and if Kitty ever seems arrogant and spouts about her superiority, you know Kitt's taken over Kitty. But what is there to hide in Kitty's brilliant intelligen----- *locks Kitt back to her lab*

> @"LadyKitty.6120" said:

> Kitty's is an asura in honour of the asura living in her heart in a tiny asuran lab. Her name's Kitt and if Kitty ever seems arrogant and spouts about her superiority, you know Kitt's taken over Kitty. But what is there to hide in Kitty's brilliant intelligen----- *locks Kitt back to her lab*

Very interesting. I haven't really thought about how the effects of Dissociative Identity Disorder (Multiple Personality Disorder) might manifest in the GW2 universe, let alone in a non-human species - especially one with the intellect of the asura. I don't recall running across any NPCs who seemed to be afflicted with it. Scarlet comes to mind, but I think she was just a nut, or maybe a legume.

I suppose role-playing a character afflicted with this could save some time instead of needing to switch to another character to advance a role-play session's story. I wonder if a character with multiple personalities has ever been role-played by @"Donari.5237" or others of their troupe (possibly @"Danikat.8537" as well? I think they also role-play their characters).

(Just a thought for another place. In order to not derail/post off-topic here, I'm off to search the forums/reddit to see if there happens to be a role-playing discussion on this topic already. If there are none, I'd be interested in seeing someone experienced and interested in this topic creating one.)

> @"StinVec.3621" said:

> > @"LadyKitty.6120" said:

> > Kitty's is an asura in honour of the asura living in her heart in a tiny asuran lab. Her name's Kitt and if Kitty ever seems arrogant and spouts about her superiority, you know Kitt's taken over Kitty. But what is there to hide in Kitty's brilliant intelligen----- *locks Kitt back to her lab*

>

> Very interesting. I haven't really thought about how the effects of Dissociative Identity Disorder (Multiple Personality Disorder) might manifest in the GW2 universe, let alone in a non-human species - especially one with the intellect of the asura. I don't recall running across any NPCs who seemed to be afflicted with it. Scarlet comes to mind, but I think she was just a nut, or maybe a legume.

>

> I suppose role-playing a character afflicted with this could save some time instead of needing to switch to another character to advance a role-play session's story. I wonder if a character with multiple personalities has ever been role-played by @"Donari.5237" or others of their troupe (possibly @"Danikat.8537" as well? I think they also role-play their characters).

>

> (Just a thought for another place. In order to not derail/post off-topic here, I'm off to search the forums/reddit to see if there happens to be a role-playing discussion on this topic already. If there are none, I'd be interested in seeing someone experienced and interested in this topic creating one.)

Scarlet wasn't crazy in that sense. I mean she did hear a voice in her head which wasn't her own telling her to do terrible things, but I think it's different when it is actually another creature talking to you telepathically. (Plus that was closer to how the sylvari were supposed to be originally.)

As for me I don't exactly role-play my characters. I do make up extra backstory, dialogue and scenes for them but I rarely get to act it out with other people and it has to fit around the actual story. Maybe because of that I've never considered a character with DID...I did once write a (non GW) fanfiction story with a DID main character but it was both very difficult to write and quite creepy, especially because each personality also had their own issues and 2 of them really weren't nice people.

On the other hand I have talked about my characters "living" inside my mind and some of the arguments we have, mostly about ~~their~~ my bad decisions, which sounds more like LadyKitty's...situation. (And I swear I'm not crazy, I know they're not real...I just can't convince them of that.)