Map metas shouldn't lock daily objectives.

I don't like map metas. They are rarely very fun, you just run around in a giant mob where your actions mean so little you just need to damage the mob in any way to get credit. The rewards aren't great, in fact Tarirs reward is WORK as you have to spend so long clearing inventory afterward. I also don't like them because they lock out things like, I dunno, a daily freaking objective.

You broke the daily system forever ago. Now we have very few choices on what we can do for dailies. Then you lock some of those and make us just sit and wait for 20 minutes literally staring at a log. For no reason.

There is so many daylies don't tell me you can't change map or game mode and come back after the meta is over. If it's always lock when you try it, try to change your daily(ies) routine. Start with fractal or PvP then mainland if it sends you where a meta is happening switch to lake Doric and try again after you've done 2 canons if still not go complete those canons try again, still no go? Go do 2 hearts in sand swept isle or one in ember bay. Any rewards will cover the teleport cost easily if not ask your guild to work on the -15% off and if those metas ruin your gaming experience still...Just quit, at this point.

> @"SageLukahn.6705" said:

> I don't like map metas. They are rarely very fun, you just run around in a giant mob where your actions mean so little you just need to damage the mob in any way to get credit. The rewards aren't great, in fact Tarirs reward is WORK as you have to spend so long clearing inventory afterward. I also don't like them because they lock out things like, I dunno, a daily freaking objective.

>

> You broke the daily system forever ago. Now we have very few choices on what we can do for dailies. Then you lock some of those and make us just sit and wait for 20 minutes literally staring at a log. For no reason.

Tarir's rewards are bad? They're the best you can hope in any meta (including a daily Amalgamated Gemstone=~2g), I guess you don't own PoF or you didn't partecipate in its metas else you would't complain about Tarir's meta.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> Ahh, I never do those. There's almost always a simple no-PvP WvW Daily, instead.

> Still, there's always 3 other (PvE) Dailies besides an Adventure.

This. My general preferred dailies:

* X Miner / Lumberer / Gatherer. Hoping, evidently that if X is "Heart of Maguuma", it's Gatherer only(1)

* X Vista

* X Jumping Puzzle

* (less commonly) X Minidungeon (unless they are too high up the level chart - the one in north QD is just fine...)

* Daily Activity Participation (although I detest Southsun Survival)

* WvW Big Spender

* WvW Master of Monuments

* WvW Land Claimer

* WvW Caravan Disruptor

* WvW Camp Capturer

* Mists Guard Killer (the WvW one to kill 5 guards)

* (Rarely) X adventure

My dispreferred dailies (meaning "ugh, kitten, no!");

* Daily (name of Dungeon)

* Fractals

* WvW keep capturer

* PvP anything.

> @"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:

> This. My general preferred dailies:

> * X Miner / Lumberer / Gatherer. Hoping, evidently that if X is "Heart of Maguuma", it's Gatherer only(1)

Any HoT gather is easily and quickly done in Bloodstone Fen. If it's mining, then you can double up the goodness by mining crystal. For lumberer, drop down from the airship to the valley camp area, lots of trees around there.

Another day, another daily that you can't do for an hour at arbitrary times. Thankfully I hit it randomly when it was open this time.

> @"Zaraki.5784" said:

> Tarir's rewards are bad? They're the best you can hope in any meta (including a daily Amalgamated Gemstone=~2g), I guess you don't own PoF or you didn't partecipate in its metas else you would't complain about Tarir's meta.

Tarir's reward is an hour of inventory wars. Yes, it pays, but the work required to do it is incredibly tedious. And if that's the best I can hope for, well, all the more reason to just skip out on them.

No, I've not done PoF map metas. As I said, I do not like metas. All they do is get in the way of things I'm trying to do.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> Ahh, I never do those. There's almost always a simple no-PvP WvW Daily, instead.

> Still, there's always 3 other (PvE) Dailies besides an Adventure.

There are only ever 4. I don't PvP at all, so I only get 4. Sometimes one is that really obnoxious "do 4 events in random zone" one which takes longer than staring at a log for 30 minutes if you're unlucky. Sometimes there are PvP dailies in the PvE rotation (this boggles my mind). That leaves 3 MANDATORY "options". It's just stupid.

We used to have a ton of daily objective options. Why they limited the scope of them and called it more choices is beyond me.

> Another day, another daily that you can't do for an hour at arbitrary times. Thankfully I hit it randomly when it was open this time.

>

> > @"Zaraki.5784" said:

> > Tarir's rewards are bad? They're the best you can hope in any meta (including a daily Amalgamated Gemstone=~2g), I guess you don't own PoF or you didn't partecipate in its metas else you would't complain about Tarir's meta.

>

> Tarir's reward is an hour of inventory wars. Yes, it pays, but the work required to do it is incredibly tedious. And if that's the best I can hope for, well, all the more reason to just skip out on them.

>

> No, I've not done PoF map metas. As I said, I do not like metas. All they do is get in the way of things I'm trying to do.

>

> > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > Ahh, I never do those. There's almost always a simple no-PvP WvW Daily, instead.

> > Still, there's always 3 other (PvE) Dailies besides an Adventure.

>

> There are only ever 4. I don't PvP at all, so I only get 4. Sometimes one is that really obnoxious "do 4 events in random zone" one which takes longer than staring at a log for 30 minutes if you're unlucky. Sometimes there are PvP dailies in the PvE rotation (this boggles my mind). That leaves 3 MANDATORY "options". It's just stupid.

>

> We used to have a ton of daily objective options. Why they limited the scope of them and called it more choices is beyond me.

I **strongly** recommend looking at a few of the WvW options - several does not require any PvP at all. One doesn't even require *entering* WvW as long as you have Badges of Honor (from AP chests) and an upgraded GH.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> Or just skip the daily sometimes. If you think that Tarir is "an hour of inventory wars" and too much trouble, then maybe this isn't worth the time for you.

>

>

This! I have three levels of interaction with dailies:

* Simple enough to do even when just logging in for the login reward (Miner/Forrester in an area I know, Vista, Big Spender, Mystic Forger, JP if I see a mesmer etc)

* Comfortable enough to do if I'm sitting down to actually play (Master of Monuments, some JPs without a mesmer, event completer etc)

* Not worth the hassle (usually dungeon paths, Activity, many Adventures, Bounties etc)

I've never tried sPvP and really have no inclination.

Nothing you gain from doing the dailies is so valuable/special that skipping a day is a big deal. If I can't find three that are comfortable, I usually don't bother doing any at all (with a few exceptions).

> Another day, another daily that you can't do for an hour at arbitrary times. Thankfully I hit it randomly when it was open this time.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Event_timers

Metas cycle, so if one map is not available you can do your dailies on a different map. Sorry this game doesn't cater to your absolute personal playstyle (oh wait it does if you adapt to the timers).

>

> > @"Zaraki.5784" said:

> > Tarir's rewards are bad? They're the best you can hope in any meta (including a daily Amalgamated Gemstone=~2g), I guess you don't own PoF or you didn't partecipate in its metas else you would't complain about Tarir's meta.

>

> Tarir's reward is an hour of inventory wars. Yes, it pays, but the work required to do it is incredibly tedious. And if that's the best I can hope for, well, all the more reason to just skip out on them.

Watch some videos on inventory management. Takes me about 2 minutes of inventory management after 1 Tarir. Then again I:

- have fractal bags which separate my loot for better overview

- have invisible bags to protect my gear and things I don't want to show up on merchants

- have a shared inventory slot with a copper-fed -salvage-o to fast salvage all greens/blues in inventory

- have a mystic salvage kit (actually silver-fed) for rares and low value exotics

- have increased my bank material storage to hold more than 250 per item letting me store more before it piles up in my inventory

- keep all of my permanent gear/items/etc at the bottom of my inventory so all new items get sorted to the top into appropriate bags

The fact that you lack inventory management skills is not the games problem.

>

> No, I've not done PoF map metas. As I said, I do not like metas. All they do is get in the way of things I'm trying to do.

Then don't do them. There is enough people who enjoy them (well maybe not as much PoF ones).

>

> > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > Ahh, I never do those. There's almost always a simple no-PvP WvW Daily, instead.

> > Still, there's always 3 other (PvE) Dailies besides an Adventure.

>

> There are only ever 4. I don't PvP at all, so I only get 4. Sometimes one is that really obnoxious "do 4 events in random zone" one which takes longer than staring at a log for 30 minutes if you're unlucky. Sometimes there are PvP dailies in the PvE rotation (this boggles my mind). That leaves 3 MANDATORY "options". It's just stupid.

>

> We used to have a ton of daily objective options. Why they limited the scope of them and called it more choices is beyond me.

So the fact that you skip on 2/3 of the available dailies, some of which are so easy they take maybe 30 seconds, is something which now should get considered in game design? Sorry, but that is your choice. Dailies take about 5 minutes if you stick to pve and wvw and maybe up to 15 minutes IF you get a set of very annoying ones.

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > @"SageLukahn.6705" said:

> > Another day, another daily that you can't do for an hour at arbitrary times. Thankfully I hit it randomly when it was open this time.

>

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Event_timers

>

> Metas cycle, so if one map is not available you can do your dailies on a different map. Sorry this game doesn't cater to your absolute personal playstyle (oh wait it does if you adapt to the timers).

>

> >

> > > @"Zaraki.5784" said:

> > > Tarir's rewards are bad? They're the best you can hope in any meta (including a daily Amalgamated Gemstone=~2g), I guess you don't own PoF or you didn't partecipate in its metas else you would't complain about Tarir's meta.

> >

> > Tarir's reward is an hour of inventory wars. Yes, it pays, but the work required to do it is incredibly tedious. And if that's the best I can hope for, well, all the more reason to just skip out on them.

>

> Watch some videos on inventory management. Takes me about 2 minutes of inventory management after 1 Tarir. Then again I:

>

> - have fractal bags which separate my loot for better overview

> - have invisible bags to protect my gear and things I don't want to show up on merchants

> - have a shared inventory slot with a copper-fed -salvage-o to fast salvage all greens/blues in inventory

> - have a mystic salvage kit (actually silver-fed) for rares and low value exotics

> - have increased my bank material storage to hold more than 250 per item letting me store more before it piles up in my inventory

> - keep all of my permanent gear/items/etc at the bottom of my inventory so all new items get sorted to the top into appropriate bags

>

> **The fact that you lack inventory management skills is not the games problem.**

Full agreement here. I have many of the things listed and it really does only take about 2 minutes to sort through all that Tarir loot.. Not a way over exaggerated hour, and certainly not "tedious".

> > @"Zaraki.5784" said:

>

>

Either you're doing something wrong or you are using something like 4-slot bags. However if you're having inventory problems, you should only loot big chests (there are 5 under Tarir, containing ~6items/chest=~30 items in total), not small ones; also consider buying larger slot bags (20-slots) or additional slot bags from gem store.

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > Another day, another daily that you can't do for an hour at arbitrary times. Thankfully I hit it randomly when it was open this time.

>

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Event_timers

>

> Metas cycle, so if one map is not available you can do your dailies on a different map. Sorry this game doesn't cater to your absolute personal playstyle (oh wait it does if you adapt to the timers).

If the daily is a specific adventure (which is what the OP is talking about), you can't do that adventure on another map. Today's daily is Bugs in the Branches, which can only be done in Verdant Brink at a particular point in the meta cycle.

As for adapting to the timers, you can't necessarily do that if you have to fit your playing time around whatever real-life schedule you might have.

> @"Donari.5237" said:

> > @"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:

> > This. My general preferred dailies:

> > * X Miner / Lumberer / Gatherer. Hoping, evidently that if X is "Heart of Maguuma", it's Gatherer only(1)

>

> Any HoT gather is easily and quickly done in Bloodstone Fen. If it's mining, then you can double up the goodness by mining crystal. For lumberer, drop down from the airship to the valley camp area, lots of trees around there.

Oops. Forgot it worked in LS3 maps. HoM gatherer is still best done in the little valley full of Mussels below Shipwreck Point WP in VB.

> @"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:

> > @"Donari.5237" said:

> > > @"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:

> > > This. My general preferred dailies:

> > > * X Miner / Lumberer / Gatherer. Hoping, evidently that if X is "Heart of Maguuma", it's Gatherer only(1)

> >

> > Any HoT gather is easily and quickly done in Bloodstone Fen. If it's mining, then you can double up the goodness by mining crystal. For lumberer, drop down from the airship to the valley camp area, lots of trees around there.

>

> Oops. Forgot it worked in LS3 maps. HoM gatherer is still best done in the little valley full of Mussels below Shipwreck Point WP in VB.

>

It also works in Gilded Hollow and Lost Precipice guild halls.

You seriously can't find dailies to do without having to wait? I never take more than maybe 10-20 minutes total to do all my dailies. Usually there's a gathering one, and a vista one - those take no time. Then if I don't want to do any of the others on offer I just play a single match of pvp and bingo - dailies done. You could do fractals or wvw if you prefer.

As for complaining about getting too much loot...

There are actually a number of guides (including on the wiki) for where to go to complete each type of daily quickly. Even the 4-event dailies can be cheezed on some maps. (For example, completing a JP counts as an event, certain events have really short cooldowns, and every map has event chains, some of which are quick. Sometimes just parking a toon in good spot will give you 4 events in 10-15 minutes tops.)

> @"Biff.5312" said:

> You seriously can't find dailies to do without having to wait? I never take more than maybe 10-20 minutes total to do all my dailies. Usually there's a gathering one, and a vista one - those take no time. Then if I don't want to do any of the others on offer I just play a single match of pvp and bingo - dailies done. You could do fractals or wvw if you prefer.

>

> As for complaining about getting too much loot...

One of my guild mates was saying that there are pvp parties where all people do is join and do dailies.

not sure why you mix these two points, your dislike of meta and the adventure issue, but here we go.

- yes, pretty silly to have adventures locked out at all by metas, especially as they are somewhat unrelated mini-games

- I don´t see how you need "hours" of inventory management after Tarir e.g. It is rightclick salvage tool, salvage all x, right click boxes/bags, use all, then click deposit materials, possibly port to vendor above and sell runes/sigils. All of that takes about 30 seconds.

and to add: you don´t like pvp/wvw, you don´t like metas, you dislike doing map events, for some reason I suspect you also don´t do fractals... which really leaves the question, is this the right game for you? I am not telling you to p... off, but this really makes me wonder.