sor bandwagon

etsmith.9025

So with all the players moving to SOR and creating one hell of a imbalance, something needs to be done on reset. They have ticked almost 300 points constantly this entire match. With a warscore of 608430 they tick nearly every tick at 10k+. During reset SOR should be separated form HOD and dropped to t4 so you can actually see what their population is. Hod should be kept with DR and moved to t1. JQ might even will need to be paired to help them compensate for the amount of players they lost.

Seriously Anet something needs to be done.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After reset HoD will be moved into T1 and stay there until relinks which will help to balance out servers again. Wouldn't surprise me if SoR becomes a host server without a link. They went from medium population to full over a single weekend, that should give some indication to how many players transferred to that server.

They will probably stay on t1 due cover and ktrain other servers offtime but BG will farm them... dont worry.

They have numbers but their quality isnt that even taht good.

When a full stacked queue server needs 10h+ to take a garrison(with barelly no siege on it) from a server that often was poping up outmaned... (still good figths and bags for everyone on both sides i must say), i think it is a experience Anet should pass trough.

Note: let Sor go to t1, it would be a nice exp for the the players to learn to not to create 50 players queue on all maps, they did this to themselves, what could happen would be the other servers stay where they are or be relinked to another servers.

Altough it would be punishive for HoD players and the other link due SoR queues, meybe those could be relinked to toher servers while SoR goes alone to t1?

Surprising how people only notice the typical relink bandwagon when the guest server become full yet it has been happening every relink. People should have noted it long ago how disastrous it can become. SOR is just a extreme example, maybe should be aware of their surroundings more.

> @"SkyShroud.2865" said:

> Surprising how people only notice the typical relink bandwagon when the guest server become full yet it has been happening every relink. People should have noted it long ago how disastrous it can become. SOR is just a extreme example, maybe should be aware of their surroundings more.

What so disasterous about a short lived bandwagon? It's money for Anet, match variety, a different group of people winning for a change... As opposed to just one server sitting on top for so long it's players form the opinion winning every week is a birthright.

> @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > @"SkyShroud.2865" said:

> > Surprising how people only notice the typical relink bandwagon when the guest server become full yet it has been happening every relink. People should have noted it long ago how disastrous it can become. SOR is just a extreme example, maybe should be aware of their surroundings more.

>

> What so disasterous about a short lived bandwagon? It's money for Anet, match variety, a different group of people winning for a change... As opposed to just one server sitting on top for so long it's players form the opinion winning every week is a birthright.

>

Bandwagon is healthy for the game eh...

*sigh*

> > @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > > @"SkyShroud.2865" said:

> > > Surprising how people only notice the typical relink bandwagon when the guest server become full yet it has been happening every relink. People should have noted it long ago how disastrous it can become. SOR is just a extreme example, maybe should be aware of their surroundings more.

> >

> > What so disasterous about a short lived bandwagon? It's money for Anet, match variety, a different group of people winning for a change... As opposed to just one server sitting on top for so long it's players form the opinion winning every week is a birthright.

> >

>

> Bandwagon is healthy for the game eh...

>

> *sigh*

Now he didn't say *healthy*

This whole matchup is horrible. I'm on HoD and I'm only going into WvW to get a piece for my aurora, that's how little I want to play. No one wants to fight us and we are stuck ppting. The chats are toxic. My tiny casual guild tags up at night occasionally and pugmands. Now if we do we get screamed at by the SoR people because they don't know our names, so we are scum PvErs. I really hope next week fighting blackgate is different and that we actually have someone to fight again, but it won't clear up the toxicity these people have brought to the original HoD and SoR. I can't wait until they are gone. I feel badly for the original SoR people who are stuck with them.

Anet does need to do something, but I have no idea what else they can do now that they've closed SoR. Make it a main server in a month I guess

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > > > @"SkyShroud.2865" said:

> > > > Surprising how people only notice the typical relink bandwagon when the guest server become full yet it has been happening every relink. People should have noted it long ago how disastrous it can become. SOR is just a extreme example, maybe should be aware of their surroundings more.

> > >

> > > What so disasterous about a short lived bandwagon? It's money for Anet, match variety, a different group of people winning for a change... As opposed to just one server sitting on top for so long it's players form the opinion winning every week is a birthright.

> > >

> >

> > Bandwagon is healthy for the game eh...

> >

> > *sigh*

>

> Now he didn't say *healthy*

>

But he disagree is disastrous either so he is implying it is "ok" and if bandwagon is "ok", then suggesting bandwagon is "healthy".

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > > > > @"SkyShroud.2865" said:

> > > > > Surprising how people only notice the typical relink bandwagon when the guest server become full yet it has been happening every relink. People should have noted it long ago how disastrous it can become. SOR is just a extreme example, maybe should be aware of their surroundings more.

> > > >

> > > > What so disasterous about a short lived bandwagon? It's money for Anet, match variety, a different group of people winning for a change... As opposed to just one server sitting on top for so long it's players form the opinion winning every week is a birthright.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Bandwagon is healthy for the game eh...

> > >

> > > *sigh*

> >

> > Now he didn't say *healthy*

> >

>

> But he disagree is disastrous either so he is implying it is "ok" and if bandwagon is "ok", then suggesting bandwagon is "healthy".

Whoa....,, that is quite the rabbit hole there.

Not disastrous could be 'bad'. Bad does not equate to disaster.

> it's interesting to look at the kdrs from the most reason servers that had a large influx of organized guilds. It has been...., lacking. At least when facing equal numbers.

I can tell you from facing them, they've been less than impressive. Gonna need to step it up big time to fight KN, BG, FA. With how outmanned SBI and NSP are constantly, I'd be a bit embarrassed if I were part of this new mega-stack.

> > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > @"SkyShroud.2865" said:

> > > > > @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > > > > > @"SkyShroud.2865" said:

> > > > > > Surprising how people only notice the typical relink bandwagon when the guest server become full yet it has been happening every relink. People should have noted it long ago how disastrous it can become. SOR is just a extreme example, maybe should be aware of their surroundings more.

> > > > >

> > > > > What so disasterous about a short lived bandwagon? It's money for Anet, match variety, a different group of people winning for a change... As opposed to just one server sitting on top for so long it's players form the opinion winning every week is a birthright.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Bandwagon is healthy for the game eh...

> > > >

> > > > *sigh*

> > >

> > > Now he didn't say *healthy*

> > >

> >

> > But he disagree is disastrous either so he is implying it is "ok" and if bandwagon is "ok", then suggesting bandwagon is "healthy".

>

> Whoa....,, that is quite the rabbit hole there.

>

> Not disastrous could be 'bad'. Bad does not equate to disaster.

But his remaining statement suggest is not bad either.

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > > @"SkyShroud.2865" said:

> > > > > > @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > > > > > > @"SkyShroud.2865" said:

> > > > > > > Surprising how people only notice the typical relink bandwagon when the guest server become full yet it has been happening every relink. People should have noted it long ago how disastrous it can become. SOR is just a extreme example, maybe should be aware of their surroundings more.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > What so disasterous about a short lived bandwagon? It's money for Anet, match variety, a different group of people winning for a change... As opposed to just one server sitting on top for so long it's players form the opinion winning every week is a birthright.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Bandwagon is healthy for the game eh...

> > > > >

> > > > > *sigh*

> > > >

> > > > Now he didn't say *healthy*

> > > >

> > >

> > > But he disagree is disastrous either so he is implying it is "ok" and if bandwagon is "ok", then suggesting bandwagon is "healthy".

> >

> > Whoa....,, that is quite the rabbit hole there.

> >

> > Not disastrous could be 'bad'. Bad does not equate to disaster.

>

> But his remaining statement suggest is not bad either.

That is true. I took it as there are some positives. Not that it is necessarily good.

He isn't a cheery bloke anyway.., :blush:

Heh.

They're playing in the tier they don't belong in, they'll be in t1 next week, relax, can't expect every week to be even, balanced, or for your server to win especially when servers are resettling in tiers after relinks.

If they relink now SoR will start in t4 just like Kaineng did because of their low old glicko, yay another 4 weeks of horrible matches through the tiers.

Also breaking from the regular schedule of relinks is not a good idea. So what happens if they relinked 2 weeks after relink because of SoR stack, then a week later another server gets stacked, should they just keep relinking out of schedule? At that point all they would be working on is the data to make appropriate relinks and not wvw.

The way this will play out is t1 will be BG HoD/SoR with kaineng rotating between t1 and t2. T2 will still be decent because kaineng isn't superstacked like HoD/SoR and I"m not sure if they are equal to BG, t3 t4 will be normal. You'll have 4 weeks to enjoy that. Be glad we're no longer stuck with 8 weeks of hell because of glicko walls.

@"XenesisII.1540" said:

> Heh.

> They're playing in the tier they don't belong in, they'll be in t1 next week, relax, can't expect every week to be even, balanced, or for your server to win especially when servers are resettling in tiers after relinks.

>

> If they relink now SoR will start in t4 just like Kaineng did because of their low old glicko, yay another 4 weeks of horrible matches through the tiers.

> Also breaking from the regular schedule of relinks is not a good idea. So what happens if they relinked 2 weeks after relink because of SoR stack, then a week later another server gets stacked, should they just keep relinking out of schedule? At that point all they would be working on is the data to make appropriate relinks and not wvw.

>

> The way this will play out is t1 will be BG HoD/SoR with kaineng rotating between t1 and t2. T2 will still be decent because kaineng isn't superstacked like HoD/SoR and I"m not sure if they are equal to BG, t3 t4 will be normal. You'll have 4 weeks to enjoy that. Be glad we're no longer stuck with 8 weeks of hell because of glicko walls.

>

Oh i tough they would go up actually, but that is a good point since they are the link element and not the "main server", wich means **people overstacked on the wrong server** ????

AH! wonder if the true masterplan isnt to get back to t4 with that population and ktrain w/o chance of defending and reach t1 ????

If link gets splited like is has happen in the past with identical situations, i hope population wont disband and really they try to reach t1...

Meanwhile: https://i.imgflip.com/2ebqh1.jpg

> @"pchincha.6089" said:

> This whole matchup is horrible. I'm on HoD and I'm only going into WvW to get a piece for my aurora, that's how little I want to play. No one wants to fight us and we are stuck ppting. The chats are toxic. My tiny casual guild tags up at night occasionally and pugmands. Now if we do we get screamed at by the SoR people because they don't know our names, so we are scum PvErs. I really hope next week fighting blackgate is different and that we actually have someone to fight again, but it won't clear up the toxicity these people have brought to the original HoD and SoR. I can't wait until they are gone. I feel badly for the original SoR people who are stuck with them.

>

> Anet does need to do something, but I have no idea what else they can do now that they've closed SoR. Make it a main server in a month I guess

you don't enjoy ktrains?

> @"MaLeVoLenT.8129" said:

> KN isnt stacked enough to consistently rotate into Tier 1 without someone intentionally tanking to avoid it. At the same rate KN itself would most likely tank to avoid said Tier.

Just hope it's not a holiday. Gotto PPT on holidays.

> @"pchincha.6089" said:

> This whole matchup is horrible. I'm on HoD and I'm only going into WvW to get a piece for my aurora, that's how little I want to play. No one wants to fight us and we are stuck ppting. The chats are toxic. My tiny casual guild tags up at night occasionally and pugmands. Now if we do we get screamed at by the SoR people because they don't know our names, so we are scum PvErs. I really hope next week fighting blackgate is different and that we actually have someone to fight again, but it won't clear up the toxicity these people have brought to the original HoD and SoR. I can't wait until they are gone. I feel badly for the original SoR people who are stuck with them.

>

> Anet does need to do something, but I have no idea what else they can do now that they've closed SoR. Make it a main server in a month I guess

Have you tried JQ? It's HIGH pop now.

of course we'll avoid you guys. we're like 10-20+ most of the time. if you split into small groups, maybe we can get some fight going. but as long as you guys do the blob, we'll boycot every time we see a big group when we dont have numbers.

my guild especially runs 5-9 most of the time daily.