The Shatterer - Smash the Dragon and No-Fly Zone

It's been more than two weeks now that I'm researching how to get one of these achievements to finally get 10/11 achievements from The Shatterer and get the backpack.

And during those two weeks, I went on almost every possible window of The Shatterer, and even then I could not find an organized squad to get Smash the Dragon. I believe that currently few people are interested in this achievement.

However I am a new player in GW2 and would very much like this achievements or at least get the backpack of The Shatterer.

Anyone know if ArenaNet has some spreading nerf The Shatterer, put 9/11 achievements needed to get the backpack, or make it easier to do Smash the Dragon and No-Fly Zone?

Can someone help me with this, or indicate some guild on the NA servers that you organize to achieve these achievements?

That post is from a year ago. I don't know if the details are still current. I've also seen organized runs near reset and on the weekends, although I haven't checked in the last 2-3 months.

It's theoretically easy to get "No Fly," in that all it takes is getting people to glide at the right times (and dropping bombs, of course). Unfortunately, aside from a faster run, the loot is the same as any other Shatterer kill, so a lot of folks aren't motivated to try. I have seen PUGmanders successfully lead no-fly. The squad doesn't even have to be that big, as long as people take to the air on time and know where to aim. In practice, this is easier said than done.

ANet decided that it was good to keep the loot in the mobs that keep spawning and the dragons feet. So ppl just farm those, you get more champ rewards there than you get from the event itself. One would have assumed that, when they reworked it to have ppl not tank his feet, that they applied what they learned back in 2013 with the claw of jormag and removed the loot from the adds. Sad story is sad, I have given up on this achievement.

This is also the only one I don't have for Shatterer, and a lot of people want it. BUT, it's almost impossible to find a group organized enough to break the bar on time. The window of opportunity is very brief and it never seems to happen even if everyone agrees to cc when the bar appears. I've also pretty much given up, though I'll do shatt whenever I happen to be aware it's going on.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> It's theoretically easy to get "No Fly," in that all it takes is getting people to glide at the right times (and dropping bombs, of course). Unfortunately, aside from a faster run, the loot is the same as any other Shatterer kill, so a lot of folks aren't motivated to try.

Which is the main problem. If the Shattered was tweaked so that dropping bombs was an actual requirement in order to kill him, it would be much better.

> I have seen PUGmanders successfully lead no-fly. The squad doesn't even have to be that big, as long as people take to the air on time and know where to aim. In practice, this is easier said than done.

Funny enough, I finished "Smash the Dragon" easily with an experienced PUGmander. I find "No-Fly Zone" much more difficult to achieve, because it requires several goes of the event and you rarely get an organized one.

Its really funny that I've been trying to complete this collection since I started playing the game because of those achievements. It was getting to a point that I was getting legendaries made faster than I was seeing his bar broken.

Then the day the beetle collection came out and I had to do Shatterer for a piece, we managed to get No-Fly Zone.

• 4 months later...

I feel like the devs kinda half ass keeping up with older content, this is yet another example. Instead of fixing the event itself they make it a big deal for a short period of time (when the beetle was released) and then forget about it again. I have been going to as many shatterer's as my schedule allows for the last couple weeks and have not seen a single bar get broken.

> @"Outernet.2610" said:

> I feel like the devs kinda half kitten keeping up with older content, this is yet another example. Instead of fixing the event itself they make it a big deal for a short period of time (when the beetle was released) and then forget about it again. I have been going to as many shatterer's as my schedule allows for the last couple weeks and have not seen a single bar get broken.

Pretty much this, but add since the event got redone. My breakbar achievement sits at *2*, so i think the CC bar needs tweaking at this point as fewer and fewer people are doing these events, that *Care* about doing achievements, and hosting my own so far as met with no success either as people dont *care*.

• 5 months later...

These achievements need to get fixed, they're really hard to do even with World Boss Rush event going on.

One problem being not enough people listening when people are explaining, but a bigger problem is that the break bar phase is too short and to an extent random, as the timers when the break bar happens are not set.

If you wait on the pad to see the break bar and then jump you're in most cases too late as the break bar phase ends before you manage to hit him with a bomb. So either learn the times by heart and additionally learn how certain events that happen like crystals affect the time when the break bar happens or don't succeed. And even if you learn all that it's almost impossible as you'd need multiple people knowing it.

We must also think of people who will want to get the backpiece or just achievements even after this World Boss Rush because then it'll be pretty much impossible.

Please Anet look into this when possible!

I haven't tried with boss rush but have tried it with some commander that once tried to do this achieve... Ppl did line up for bombs and all that yet we still failed the achieve. Another impossible one is that Shadow Behemoth portals one (killing all portals in 20 sec). Ppl just stick at feet of boss and refuse to attack portals or just assume one can solo those portals down in 20 sec (or 2-3 portals)... Would love to finally get those achievements for the sake of completion.

Edit: Just did the Behemoth achievement with a map I ended up on. We dit it without com but just by shouting to spread out praying enough would do it and it worked :)

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> Achievements do not need to be fixed simply because players choose to be lazy and semi-AFK with auto attack at its right claw.

So what you're saying is if i can't convince other people not to be lazy i shouldn't be able to get the achievement?

> @"skoda.4619" said:

> > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > Achievements do not need to be fixed simply because players choose to be lazy and semi-AFK with auto attack at its right claw.

>

> So what you're saying is if i can't convince other people not to be lazy i shouldn't be able to get the achievement?

Yes. No different than any other achievement in the game that requires a group.

I’ll ask you this: have you tried to form a map specifically for these two achievements or are you expecting to end up in a map that’s already doing them?

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"skoda.4619" said:

> > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > Achievements do not need to be fixed simply because players choose to be lazy and semi-AFK with auto attack at its right claw.

> >

> > So what you're saying is if i can't convince other people not to be lazy i shouldn't be able to get the achievement?

>

> Yes. No different than any other achievement in the game that requires a group.

>

> I’ll ask you this: have you tried to form a map specifically for these two achievements or are you expecting to end up in a map that’s already doing them?

You have to differentiate coordinated group content like fractals, raids, dungeons, etc and open world content where anyone can come run by and do whatever they want. I don't mind coordinated group content being extremely hard , i like challenging content.

Yes i have tried to form a map, explaining mechanics long before the fight and even after that and people joining there's still a lot of random people who don't join on doing it or just say "good luck with that!". And even on maps with a lot of people doing it the length of break bar phase is too short which leads to 90% of break bar phases to fail. If the timings are as random as they are due to other attacks or events that make the break bar phases unpredictable it doesn't matter if you explain well. It also doesn't help if you set it so people jump when they see the break bar as the phase in a lot of cases ends before your bomb hits him.

I'm don't think they should change the achievement, i'd be happy with the break bar phase being a few seconds longer.

They have adjusted HoT adventures by a huge margin, and all those gave was a bit of AP.

Here you have a skin hiding behind 2 achievements for break bars. So adding a bit of time to a break bar phase to still make it viable with less people willing to do it i don't think would be that bad.

If it was just AP i wouldn't care that much.

It took me a long time to get it done. But I was able to organize a map on Saturday shortly after the reset and we were able to do the achiev.

Just search for some videos on YT and organize the map. Actually the achiev does not need to be fixed.

> @"skoda.4619" said:

> > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > @"skoda.4619" said:

> > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > Achievements do not need to be fixed simply because players choose to be lazy and semi-AFK with auto attack at its right claw.

> > >

> > > So what you're saying is if i can't convince other people not to be lazy i shouldn't be able to get the achievement?

> >

> > Yes. No different than any other achievement in the game that requires a group.

> >

> > I’ll ask you this: have you tried to form a map specifically for these two achievements or are you expecting to end up in a map that’s already doing them?

>

> You have to differentiate coordinated group content like fractals, raids, dungeons, etc and open world content where anyone can come run by and do whatever they want. I don't mind coordinated group content being extremely hard , i like challenging content.

Coordinated content isn’t isolated to closed instances. That’s a personal preference that you’re making and imposing it on the game.

> Yes i have tried to form a map, explaining mechanics long before the fight and even after that and people joining there's still a lot of random people who don't join on doing it or just say "good luck with that!". And even on maps with a lot of people doing it the length of break bar phase is too short which leads to 90% of break bar phases to fail. If the timings are as random as they are due to other attacks or events that make the break bar phases unpredictable it doesn't matter if you explain well. It also doesn't help if you set it so people jump when they see the break bar as the phase in a lot of cases ends before your bomb hits him.

You can encounter the same thing for achievements that require only five players.

> I'm don't think they should change the achievement, i'd be happy with the break bar phase being a few seconds longer.

>

> They have adjusted HoT adventures by a huge margin, and all those gave was a bit of AP.

> Here you have a skin hiding behind 2 achievements for break bars. So adding a bit of time to a break bar phase to still make it viable with less people willing to do it i don't think would be that bad.

>

> If it was just AP i wouldn't care that much.

HoT adventures gave mastery points and many were needed for collections such as those for legendary weapons. It wasn’t about the AP.

Essentially what’s happening is that you’re having difficulty doing achievements that require X amount of players as many don’t want to participate. That’s a flaw with the players and not the achievements themselves.

There are plenty of players who have organized runs specifically for achievements like these. It may also help to not do this during a time when players are grinding world bosses for an event.

Only gold times for HoT adventures have had times extended which you do not need to do at all, all HoT related masteries require 144 points and there are 198 available. So it is about the AP and sense of accomplishment. And legendary collections if they required you to do adventures you needed at least silver, gold was never the requirement.

If you are going to use these kind of things as your arguments, at least do some research.

One this that you also have to consider is you can not just sit there and try again and again, As you have to wait 2 hours+ for each try.

And if the times are as random as they are you can easily fail it by doing nothing wrong.

But continue to defend your thinking, i put ahead my opinion on it, you have yours.

> @"skoda.4619" said:

> Only gold times for HoT adventures have had times extended which you do not need to do at all, all HoT related masteries require 144 points and there are 198 available. So it is about the AP and sense of accomplishment. And legendary collections if they required you to do adventures you needed at least silver, gold was never the requirement.

> If you are going to use these kind of things as your arguments, at least do some research.

>

> One this that you also have to consider is you can not just sit there and try again and again, As you have to wait 2 hours+ for each try.

> And if the times are as random as they are you can easily fail it by doing nothing wrong.

>

> But continue to defend your thinking, i put ahead my opinion on it, you have yours.

If you were present at all in the threads upon threads about players complaining about adventures, it was never about the AP. So yeah, do your research. (Edit: You’re also missing that the AP from LS4 were not available when they did the changes to the adventures)

Also do your research on the availability as none of them require you to wait 2+ hours for each try.

Just did The Shatterer with an organized squad of 47 players. Everything was explained ahead of time in great detail. A group of about 20 waited at the launch pad then launched before his bar was up so they could break it immediately. Still failed to break the bar in time AT ALL! Amazing! The crystal spawn messing up the timing confused everyone as well.

Just did Shatterer as well and there was a group in LFG for the achieves (EU). Everything got explained incl times of jumping. We got the no fly zone on 1st break bar (ok this needs a total of 20x succession to complete but it at least counted as 1st time breaking). Then we agreed to keep boss at 50% and then do the 2nd jump. Just before this jump we got crystals and killed them and went back jump pads. Then the time for 2nd jump came and we broke the bar a 2nd time and ended up with 2x count in No fly zone and smash the dragon. So it can be done ;)