Festival of the Four Winds (Permanent?)

I think it will go like SAB. The announcement specifically calls it an annual summer festival and I'm sure I read somewhere that they added it because all the existing festivals are quite close together in the autumn/winter (in the northern hemisphere) and they wanted one in the space in between. All of which makes it sound like it will be temporary like SAB, Wintersday, Halloween etc. but will come back with mostly the same content every year.

> @"DreamyAbaddon.3265" said:

> Is Festival of the Four Winds staying for good or will it go like SAB?

Since it's announced as an annual festival, it will only be playable once a year, like Halloween, Wintersday, and SAB. Don't complain but be happy that this festival has finally returned for good! <3

The festival will be limited. It would be neat if the Labyrinthine Cliffs would stay as a map. It just irks me that we can't go there when there's no festival, do they shut down the WP when they leave. Even w/o the Zephirites, the cliffs are still there and all that. We also have Southsun Cove available and it's an empty wasteland but at least I can use the technology of the world to get there.

> @"lokh.2695" said:

> The festival will be limited. It would be neat if the Labyrinthine Cliffs would stay as a map. It just irks me that we can't go there when there's no festival, do they shut down the WP when they leave. Even w/o the Zephirites, the cliffs are still there and all that. We also have Southsun Cove available and it's an empty wasteland but at least I can use the technology of the world to get there.

Labyrinthine Cliffs would probably die if it was available all the time. It was never really content rich. So I'm okay with just an annual thing. As for the WP, it might be owned by the Zephyrites, and when they close the festival and move on, they probably crate it up and take it with them

> @"JDub.1530" said:

> > @"lokh.2695" said:

> > The festival will be limited. It would be neat if the Labyrinthine Cliffs would stay as a map. It just irks me that we can't go there when there's no festival, do they shut down the WP when they leave. Even w/o the Zephirites, the cliffs are still there and all that. We also have Southsun Cove available and it's an empty wasteland but at least I can use the technology of the world to get there.

>

> Labyrinthine Cliffs would probably die if it was available all the time. It was never really content rich. So I'm okay with just an annual thing. As for the WP, it might be owned by the Zephyrites, and when they close the festival and move on, they probably crate it up and take it with them

Maybe they added new events that stay. Its not a strong request or a deep urge to have the map available all year around. I think comparing it to Southsun Cove is fair, both maps were introduced in the early years of the game and not much has happened since. If Anet could get the cliffs up to the level where it has a world boss(like the Karka Queen) and gathering options(like Karka Shells, Passion Flowers, et al.), we might keep it. Not banking on it, as I said, it would be neat. :)

I've been saying for years they need another festival in the summer. Always told never gunna happen. It's happening yay!

halloween | wintersday | dragon bash | SAB | Four winds.

October | December | February | April | July.

about 2-3 months. SAB - Four Winds is a little long and so is Four winds to Halloween. Room for more festivals in between!!!!

what would they be?

Easter!!! hehe

Tyrian Mothers and Fathers day? haha May - June (American Holiday) maybe celebrate your profession day instead?

[Divinities Reach] May Day? May (Chinese holiday)

[Charr] Dragon Boat Festival? June (Chinese holiday)

[Tyrian] Labor Day? haha September (American Holiday) - were there charr/human slaves in gw1? idk :D

[Charr/ Norn] Mid-Autumn Day? September (Chinese holiday)

I'd love a Norn festival but october is already taken for oktoberfest :(

> @"Kelly.7019" said:

> I've been saying for years they need another festival in the summer. Always told never gunna happen. It's happening yay!

>

> halloween | wintersday | dragon bash | SAB | Four winds.

> October | December | February | April | July.

> about 2-3 months. SAB - Four Winds is a little long and so is Four winds to Halloween. Room for more festivals in between!!!!

>

> what would they be?

> Easter!!! hehe

> Tyrian Mothers and Fathers day? haha May - June (American Holiday) maybe celebrate your profession day instead?

> [Divinities Reach] May Day? May (Chinese holiday)

> [Charr] Dragon Boat Festival? June (Chinese holiday)

> [Tyrian] Labor Day? haha September (American Holiday) - were there charr/human slaves in gw1? idk :D

> [Charr/ Norn] Mid-Autumn Day? September (Chinese holiday)

> I'd love a Norn festival but october is already taken for oktoberfest :(

I dont think we need a festival every month, it would ware people out and make it not so special.

> @"Kelly.7019" said:

> I've been saying for years they need another festival in the summer. Always told never gunna happen. It's happening yay!

>

> halloween | wintersday | dragon bash | SAB | Four winds.

> October | December | February | April | July.

> about 2-3 months. SAB - Four Winds is a little long and so is Four winds to Halloween. Room for more festivals in between!!!!

>

> what would they be?

> Easter!!! hehe

> Tyrian Mothers and Fathers day? haha May - June (American Holiday) maybe celebrate your profession day instead?

> [Divinities Reach] May Day? May (Chinese holiday)

> [Charr] Dragon Boat Festival? June (Chinese holiday)

> [Tyrian] Labor Day? haha September (American Holiday) - were there charr/human slaves in gw1? idk :D

> [Charr/ Norn] Mid-Autumn Day? September (Chinese holiday)

> I'd love a Norn festival but october is already taken for oktoberfest :(

I don’t understand “dragon boat” and “mid-autumn day”. Elaborate please

> @"Fenom.9457" said:

> > @"Kelly.7019" said:

> > I've been saying for years they need another festival in the summer. Always told never gunna happen. It's happening yay!

> >

> > halloween | wintersday | dragon bash | SAB | Four winds.

> > October | December | February | April | July.

> > about 2-3 months. SAB - Four Winds is a little long and so is Four winds to Halloween. Room for more festivals in between!!!!

> >

> > what would they be?

> > Easter!!! hehe

> > Tyrian Mothers and Fathers day? haha May - June (American Holiday) maybe celebrate your profession day instead?

> > [Divinities Reach] May Day? May (Chinese holiday)

> > [Charr] Dragon Boat Festival? June (Chinese holiday)

> > [Tyrian] Labor Day? haha September (American Holiday) - were there charr/human slaves in gw1? idk :D

> > [Charr/ Norn] Mid-Autumn Day? September (Chinese holiday)

> > I'd love a Norn festival but october is already taken for oktoberfest :(

>

>

> I don’t understand “dragon boat” and “mid-autumn day”. Elaborate please

They are holidays in China. Like how the "Lunar New Year" is based off the Chinese new year. Just trying to reference some other countries holidays that could also be turned into gw2 festivals.

> @"WhatLiesBeneath.9018" said:

> > @"Kelly.7019" said:

> > I've been saying for years they need another festival in the summer. Always told never gunna happen. It's happening yay!

> >

> > halloween | wintersday | dragon bash | SAB | Four winds.

> > October | December | February | April | July.

> > about 2-3 months. SAB - Four Winds is a little long and so is Four winds to Halloween. Room for more festivals in between!!!!

> >

> > what would they be?

> > Easter!!! hehe

> > Tyrian Mothers and Fathers day? haha May - June (American Holiday) maybe celebrate your profession day instead?

> > [Divinities Reach] May Day? May (Chinese holiday)

> > [Charr] Dragon Boat Festival? June (Chinese holiday)

> > [Tyrian] Labor Day? haha September (American Holiday) - were there charr/human slaves in gw1? idk :D

> > [Charr/ Norn] Mid-Autumn Day? September (Chinese holiday)

> > I'd love a Norn festival but october is already taken for oktoberfest :(

>

> I dont think we need a festival every month, it would ware people out and make it not so special.

i don't think we need it every month either. but i been whinning about not having a summer one for years and got the same response we don't need another one. Now we have one yaaay. Heh. It'd be hard to squeeze in another, (i know) just like i said previously but seems odd how they stacked them. Spring to Halloween is a little spread out. If not another festival i assume LW episodes will fill the gap i hope.