Mounts should be restricted in Labyrinthine Cliffs

> @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > @"ponts.2506" said:

> > Its not me using the mounts its other people. I don't even have the expansion yet to even use them. But because of them I cant even enjoy the event because my game client crashes every 5 minutes when on the map. The crystals where fun to use. A little frustrating until your figured out how to use them properly. Whats dumb is being swooped on by 100 griffons and your game crashing because of it. Its impossible to move let alone do any of the intricate jumping puzzles or finding all the hidden collectibles.

>

> Are you sure that its the mounts causing your client to crash? I spent time there, mounts all over the place, without crashes.

>

>

I agree. I didn't have any crashes, wasn't laggy or choppy at all. And I had both of my accounts up and active at the same time - admittedly, my main was not in the LC map, but was doing some crafting stuff in Black Citadel.

Personal problems are personal. If you are having performance issues and don't think you should be take it up with tech support.

Don't ask for limiting features that others may find fun just so you can have your restricted version of fun, and force everyone to play by your critera.

Not that you care from your perspective, but if you read into any of the interviews with devs related to this content, they on multiple occasions, point out how they re-balanced a lot of the events and activities around having mounts. Being a vet who has also seen the locations in the past, it is pretty obvious how much work they put in to do so. Turning them off now would be dumb.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"Patchwreck.2357" said:

> > > @"Tails.9372" said:

> > > > @"ponts.2506" said:

> > > > I was super excited to hear that the Bazaar was coming back and couldn't wait to show some of my new friends the joys and pains of these events but with mounts, especially flying mounts, it honestly ruins the map completely and making its challenges almost trivial.

> > > Then don't use them.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > That's not possible.

>

> How is it not possible? Disable your hotkeys for mounts, and presto, you won't be using them by accident.

Nope, can't be done. Must have mount.

> @"Patchwreck.2357" said:

> > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > @"Patchwreck.2357" said:

> > > > @"Tails.9372" said:

> > > > > @"ponts.2506" said:

> > > > > I was super excited to hear that the Bazaar was coming back and couldn't wait to show some of my new friends the joys and pains of these events but with mounts, especially flying mounts, it honestly ruins the map completely and making its challenges almost trivial.

> > > > Then don't use them.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > That's not possible.

> >

> > How is it not possible? Disable your hotkeys for mounts, and presto, you won't be using them by accident.

>

> Nope, can't be done. Must have mount.

You can enjoy the map with mounts or you can enjoying without using a mount. The choice is up to each player.

Quite the opposite. Labby cliffs should of had more discoverable spots way way high up. I was sadly disappointed when hitting invisible walls and ceiling in that zone. I want to explore and then bam invisble wall. :( Please push walls back or make mountains sky high and unclimable.

> @"ponts.2506" said:

>That's why I think mounts need to be restricted in the Labyrinthine Cliffs map

They ARE restricted, the map is so badly designed that you risk to get stuck almost everywhere with or without mounts, maybe a better design will help everyone in the future ...

> @"Gambino.2109" said:

> No thanks... it's complains like these that make taking five steps forward take ten steps back.

>

> Then you get restricted mounts all over places that have JP... and then they throw a stupid long radius that prevents you from mounting in normal areas that you would pass through for map completion just because there's a jp some where.

Well don't You like when You're on your griffon and sbam! You die on ground just because miles away there is a stupid JP of which you don't care at all?

moments of great game design :D

I can run this on a Vista machine and it only crashes if I change maps or characters a lot. Not easy to do Istan either but possible so I doubt it's the mounts causing the crash.

Btw just got a brand new system and wow! So nice to finally see what everyone else is wearing and participate in fashion wars.