Can I really only get Barnstorming the Cliffs if I have the griffon mastery?

I have completed all but one achievement for the Cliffs area. The one where you need a griffon. I found the lady that rents them next to the Sky Docks wp, however, once you dismount the griffon, it is gone and you can only get it back by going back and speaking with her. I have the springer to get to the top of the pillar where the challenge starts, but do not have the griffon to mount once I'm up there.

Did Anet seriously make all but one achievement doable without a mount or rented mount or am I missing something? I really hope I'm missing something because that just seems mean. Not to mention the thought of having 95% of an achievement category done makes my brain itch.

Any insight would be much appreciated.

You cannot do it without the griffon. Even the rented one wouldn't work, because you have to have the 3rd mastery trained to be able to complete the course.

It does seem odd that a festival open to everyone has an achievement only some people can get, but I suppose Anet didn't think of it that way or maybe they assumed that sooner or later everyone who is involved enough in the game to worry about 100% completion of achievement categories will get PoF and the griffon. (Remember the festival is going to come back every year, so people will be able to do it in future.)

> @"Haleydawn.3764" said:

> Iirc, all Griffon courses have achievements.

> You don’t need Barnstormer to finish the Meta-Achievement though. It’ll just be about your personal quirk for completion.

Actually, you have to finish it to get the Aspect-Blessed Glove Box. Which is just putting more salt into the wound because it's not in the checklist for the achievement. But I am in the same situation as OP, stuck at 24/25 without any opportunity to get the gloves I have finished every other achievement for. Sucks.

EDIT: Just relogged and it magically jumped to 100%. Phew. So if anyone else is having the same problem, try to log out once.

I've seen a lot of people thinking the same thing - they've done all the achievements except the griffon race and it shows 24/25 so they think the race must be required. But yeah, it's a bug with Boss Blitz.

It would be pretty messed up if the griffon race was required, since Anet said when the griffon was discovered that it was optional.

• 2 weeks later...

> @"LoreChief.8391" said:

> Can someone verify if Barnstorming is required or not? I'm getting mixed signals in this thread, and my wife is trying to do the meta but is nowhere near getting her griff.

I've got the gloves and not even attempted barnstorming. It is not listed in the 25 achievements so you can safely ignore it

> @"LoreChief.8391" said:

> Can someone verify if Barnstorming is required or not? I'm getting mixed signals in this thread, and my wife is trying to do the meta but is nowhere near getting her griff.

Can you say how your getting mixed signals in this thread when all of them are either .....No you dont have to do it..... and one who say you can do it but its hard

Noone is saying you have to do it.

> @"RoseofGilead.8907" said:

> > @"LoreChief.8391" said:

> > Can someone verify if Barnstorming is required or not? I'm getting mixed signals in this thread, and my wife is trying to do the meta but is nowhere near getting her griff.

>

> Barnstorming is not required.

This is correct. It is **not** required.