1200 gems = 1 mount Skin (do you agree?)

> @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> As selection.. yeah that first pack is random selection, but you can't get the same skin twice so your odds improve each time you buy a licence.

This is exactly why current 'Select' licenses are unfair. Player, possibly, will spend 12000 gems to unlock needed skins, instead of 4800(4 mounts) with 'Select' version, which does not exist.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen that dev post, but I really don't mind they charge large expansions with higher price. NCSoft statistics have indicated loot box generate way more revenue than PoF itself even though they were able to make PoF with HoT+non-lootbox gems. So to me these loot boxes are earning them more than they required to maintain and progress the game.

If its all about rewarding us with the money we put in, then we should've get a much better environment than the currently understaffed, delayed releases and goals with soon™ situation. I'm not pointing fingers like weird conspiracists, but clearly their management and overall company strategy is not working efficiently. With that in mind I really can't spend 1200 gems on cosmetic items knowing my money won't be efficiently used for better gameplay/story etc.

> @"GreyWolf.8670" said:

> > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > @"MokahTGS.7850" said:

> > > I don't understand how people think that exchanging gold for gems is lost revenue for ANet in any way. ANet does not lose any money when you exchange gold for gems.

> > >

> > > * Gems available for exchange have been purchased with real money by someone in the community.

> > > * You create gold by playing the game.

> > > * You exchange that gold for bought gems.

> > > * That gold is removed from the game.

> > > * You spend those gems on a skin thus removing the gems from the game.

> > > * At no point has ANet lost any money.

> > >

> > > People are buying gems to get gold. This happens. We know this because people are exchanging in game gold for gems. Those gems were generated by real world $$. They are never generated (in any meaningful way) any*** other way.

> > >

> > > ***Gems given by promotions, contests, or free do not amount to enough gems to even factor into data, so just ignore it.

> > >

> > > Please stop complaining about ANet losing money by people exchanging gold for gems or people "protesting" by only getting gems by the exchange. If you exchange gold for gems you are supporting ANet.

> >

> > They’re not making money. You’re essentially trying to double count the money that they made on the gem sale.

>

> Yes, they're making money. They do not custom fabricate gem store items when you buy them. They're an instance of a digital item that only had to be created once.

Re-read the post I quoted and then mine. You’re talking about something that I wasn’t although the subject is related.

> @"Aeon.4583" said:

> > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > As selection.. yeah that first pack is random selection, but you can't get the same skin twice so your odds improve each time you buy a licence.

> This is exactly why current 'Select' licenses are unfair. Player, possibly, will spend 12000 gems to unlock needed skins, instead of 4800(4 mounts) with 'Select' version, which does not exist.

>

>

Then don't play the chance game.

The mounts are essentially a collection, but we all have different likes and dislikes.. players wanted an option to pick and they got that.

It's not unfair, it's clearly stated what each choice offers.. you get 1 for 400, 5 for 1800, 15 for 5100 and every skin is guaranteed to be different , no replication and you cannot loose. It is only a gamble if you choose to play a game of chance for a single skin or a few skins.... key is to read before you buy. If you don't like it.. then pay the premium to pick.

To us this is a game but to ANET it is a business and that business has to make money to pay employees to create content to enable us to keep playing the game.

I bought a pack of 5 as I have done with all the packs and I got 2 that I wanted and three others I am happy to give a home to.

At the end of the day the mount skins are essentially a pack of 15 football cards to put in out albums, only difference is we don't get to have 10 unique cards and 20 repeats...

As for unfair, I don't see anyone forcing me to buy anything I don't like and none of the skins are essential to my gameplay (no skin in the entire game is "needed" ), so I respectfully disagree with you...

> It's not unfair, it's clearly stated what each choice offers.. you get 1 for 400, 5 for 1800, 15 for 5100 and every skin is guaranteed to be different , no replication.

> @"Aeon.4583" said:

> I am myself looking to buy one of Original skins for each mount. Except for raptor and beetle.

Let me correct this one a little. I am looking to buy one Specific mount skin from original 30 for each mount, except raptor and beetle. I don't want to randomly unlock skins i won't be using, therefore, with a very high chances, spending more gems than i should. This makes 'Select' versions of currently available mount license unfair towards original 30, that can't be unlocked, neither can be selected. Unless arena.net will correct that and will return them to gemstore with 'Random' and 'Select' versions.

Select version of [Mount Adoption License](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mount_Adoption_License "Mount Adoption License") NEVER existed.

> @"Aeon.4583" said:

> > It's not unfair, it's clearly stated what each choice offers.. you get 1 for 400, 5 for 1800, 15 for 5100 and every skin is guaranteed to be different , no replication.

> > @"Aeon.4583" said:

> > I am myself looking to buy one of Original skins for each mount. Except for raptor and beetle.

> Let me correct this one a little. I am looking to buy one Specific mount skin from original 30 for each mount, except raptor and beetle. I don't want to randomly unlock skins i won't be using, therefore, with a very high chances, spending more gems than i should. This makes 'Select' versions of currently available mount license unfair towards original 30, that can't be unlocked, neither can be selected. Unless arena.net will correct that and will return them to gemstore with 'Random' and 'Select' versions.

>

> Select version of [Mount Adoption License](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mount_Adoption_License "Mount Adoption License") NEVER existed.

>

Yep, as I have said previously in this thread .. the original set certainly didn't come with an option, but who knows maybe when they bring them back into the store they will have.. It would make sense if they did and hope they do so that players that "need" a certain skin can purchase it without paying anymore than the current options allow for.

The only thing that might prevent this is possible backlash from players that did purchase more than necessary in order to get that one skin or one of each.. so I guess it's in the lap of the gods until ANET do bring them back.

I'm quite fair to the in game shop in Gw2 and have spent a ton of money on it over the last 5 years.

However I have been vocal about my distaste for the way some mount skins and licences have been handled.

Just to clarify I am actually all for the 400 gem RNG mount skin items.. they're by far my method of choice for obtaining mount skins in gw2 despite having terrible luck with the RNG.. (seriously 20+ original 400 gem licences used before getting a single griffon..)

My biggest issue with these 1200 gem choice items is the fact that it's blatantly unfair to the players who use real world money to buy gems like I do.

If I want to choose my mount skin.. I have to pay 20 euros for 1600 gems which is more than I need and more money than I think is worth paying for the choice..

Sorry but if i'm spending 20 euros on mount skins i'd rather buy 4 random ones for that price than one random and one of my choice that costs the same as 3 random ones.

The way I see it Anet has 2 options here to fix that problem.. they can either reduce the 1200 gem price down to 800 which is far more appropriate a price point as far as i'm concerned.

Or they should expand their gems for cash system to add in 1200 and 2000 gem options which are very common price points for things in the gem store these days.. so plays don't feel cheated into buying more gems than they need to get the items they want.

I for one do not like buying more gems than I need for specific items.. and as someone who's more than happy to buy gems with cash I can assure you that the inability to purchise the exact amount I need for these items is one of the biggest reasons I do not buy them.

As for the 2000 gem skins.. those are completely out of my interest range.

I'm not paying that kind of price for a cosmetic skin under any circumstances.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:> > @"Rasta.2371" said:> > > @"crepuscular.9047" said:> > > unlike other MMOs, GW2 offers the options to trading in your liquid gold into gems, and there is no restriction on what items you can spend your gems on; so it's lost revenue for anet.> > > > > > If you decide to spend real money, by all means use real money, you are supporting anet to continue to pay their employees to continue to bring out new contents.> > > I'm in support of anet to keep GW2 going and for the many years to come, so I dont mind forking out $100-$300 annually since there's no subscription fee to begin with.> > > > > >

> > > > > > at the end of the day, **Vote with your Wallet**> > > _if you do appreciate the work anet devs put into the game, show a bit of appreciation and support by buying something small off gem store with real money_> > > > How much of the money goes to nc-soft and how much to anet studio> > What difference would that make? Would you deny ArenaNet revenue just to spite NCSoft? Should NCSoft not have supported ArenaNet for those 5 years whilst creating GW2? Should NCSoft, which wholly owns ArenaNet, not share in their revenue?There is nothing wrong in asking a question about facts. What you are doing is deflection.

> > @"Aeon.4583" said:

> > I don't know if it is fine price, or not. But one thing that bothers me. [Original adoptation license](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mount_Adoption_License "Original adoptation license") not present in gemstore. And it has no 'Select' version of it. It's not fair for those people whos looking to unlock original mount skins. First: you can't, Second: you won't be able to select one of originals, only random unlock.

> >

> > I am myself looking to buy one of Original skins for each mount. Except for raptor and beetle.

>

> Don't worry, that licence pack is now on cash shop rotation, they will be back at some point. Just keep checking the promotions pages.

> As selection.. yeah that first pack is random selection, but you can't get the same skin twice so your odds improve each time you buy a licence.

Great example of exploitative practice. Pay repetitively until you get what you want. Gambling at its best and promoted to 12 year old children.

> > @"Aeon.4583" said:

> > > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > > It's not unfair, it's clearly stated what each choice offers.. you get 1 for 400, 5 for 1800, 15 for 5100 and every skin is guaranteed to be different , no replication.

> > > @"Aeon.4583" said:

> > > I am myself looking to buy one of Original skins for each mount. Except for raptor and beetle.

> > Let me correct this one a little. I am looking to buy one Specific mount skin from original 30 for each mount, except raptor and beetle. I don't want to randomly unlock skins i won't be using, therefore, with a very high chances, spending more gems than i should. This makes 'Select' versions of currently available mount license unfair towards original 30, that can't be unlocked, neither can be selected. Unless arena.net will correct that and will return them to gemstore with 'Random' and 'Select' versions.

> >

> > Select version of [Mount Adoption License](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mount_Adoption_License "Mount Adoption License") NEVER existed.

> >

>

> Yep, as I have said previously in this thread .. the original set certainly didn't come with an option, but who knows maybe when they bring them back into the store they will have.. It would make sense if they did and hope they do so that players that "need" a certain skin can purchase it without paying anymore than the current options allow for.

> The only thing that might prevent this is possible backlash from players that did purchase more than necessary in order to get that one skin or one of each.. so I guess it's in the lap of the gods until ANET do bring them back.

I'm hoping they're leaving it long enough that they think people who bought them the first time around will think 'oh well, I would have had to wait until now to get it any other way...and I got all those other skins too' and then they'll bring them back with a select licence.

Maybe that's not the plan at all but it's what I'd like them to do because there's at least 3 skins I'd buy from the original set if they were available, but I'm not willing to buy all 30 to get them.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > @"Aeon.4583" said:

> > > I don't know if it is fine price, or not. But one thing that bothers me. [Original adoptation license](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mount_Adoption_License "Original adoptation license") not present in gemstore. And it has no 'Select' version of it. It's not fair for those people whos looking to unlock original mount skins. First: you can't, Second: you won't be able to select one of originals, only random unlock.

> > >

> > > I am myself looking to buy one of Original skins for each mount. Except for raptor and beetle.

> >

> > Don't worry, that licence pack is now on cash shop rotation, they will be back at some point. Just keep checking the promotions pages.

> > As selection.. yeah that first pack is random selection, but you can't get the same skin twice so your odds improve each time you buy a licence.

>

> Great example of exploitative practice. Pay repetitively until you get what you want. Gambling at its best and promoted to 12 year old children.

So you didn't read the tin before you blindly purchased believing it to yield just what you want everytime.. that's all on you.

Your not gambling if you win a prize every time.. and everytime its a different prize... if parents want to let their 12yr olds spend frivolously then that's bad parenting.. myself I check what my kids are doing and what the money gets spent on.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:> > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:> > > @"Rasta.2371" said:> > > > @"crepuscular.9047" said:> > > > unlike other MMOs, GW2 offers the options to trading in your liquid gold into gems, and there is no restriction on what items you can spend your gems on; so it's lost revenue for anet.> > > > > > > > If you decide to spend real money, by all means use real money, you are supporting anet to continue to pay their employees to continue to bring out new contents.> > > > I'm in support of anet to keep GW2 going and for the many years to come, so I dont mind forking out $100-$300 annually since there's no subscription fee to begin with.> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > at the end of the day, **Vote with your Wallet**> > > > _if you do appreciate the work anet devs put into the game, show a bit of appreciation and support by buying something small off gem store with real money_> > > > > > How much of the money goes to nc-soft and how much to anet studio> > > > What difference would that make? Would you deny ArenaNet revenue just to spite NCSoft? Should NCSoft not have supported ArenaNet for those 5 years whilst creating GW2? Should NCSoft, which wholly owns ArenaNet, not share in their revenue?> > There is nothing wrong in asking a question about facts. What you are doing is deflection.Actually no it's not deflection it is a fact.. whatever revenue split between NCSoft and ANET is nothing to do with us and makes zero difference to us or this discussion about the price of the new mount licences

> @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:> > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:> > > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:> > > > @"Rasta.2371" said:> > > > > @"crepuscular.9047" said:> > > > > unlike other MMOs, GW2 offers the options to trading in your liquid gold into gems, and there is no restriction on what items you can spend your gems on; so it's lost revenue for anet.> > > > > > > > > > If you decide to spend real money, by all means use real money, you are supporting anet to continue to pay their employees to continue to bring out new contents.> > > > > I'm in support of anet to keep GW2 going and for the many years to come, so I dont mind forking out $100-$300 annually since there's no subscription fee to begin with.> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > at the end of the day, **Vote with your Wallet**> > > > > _if you do appreciate the work anet devs put into the game, show a bit of appreciation and support by buying something small off gem store with real money_> > > > > > > > How much of the money goes to nc-soft and how much to anet studio> > > > > > What difference would that make? Would you deny ArenaNet revenue just to spite NCSoft? Should NCSoft not have supported ArenaNet for those 5 years whilst creating GW2? Should NCSoft, which wholly owns ArenaNet, not share in their revenue?> > > > There is nothing wrong in asking a question about facts. What you are doing is deflection.> > Actually no it's not deflection it is a fact.. whatever revenue split between NCSoft and ANET is nothing to do with us and makes zero difference to us or this discussion about the price of the new mount licencesHe posted multiple questions as a part of deflection mechanic without answering actual original question. Question can't be fact.

> > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > @"Aeon.4583" said:

> > > > I don't know if it is fine price, or not. But one thing that bothers me. [Original adoptation license](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mount_Adoption_License "Original adoptation license") not present in gemstore. And it has no 'Select' version of it. It's not fair for those people whos looking to unlock original mount skins. First: you can't, Second: you won't be able to select one of originals, only random unlock.

> > > >

> > > > I am myself looking to buy one of Original skins for each mount. Except for raptor and beetle.

> > >

> > > Don't worry, that licence pack is now on cash shop rotation, they will be back at some point. Just keep checking the promotions pages.

> > > As selection.. yeah that first pack is random selection, but you can't get the same skin twice so your odds improve each time you buy a licence.

> >

> > Great example of exploitative practice. Pay repetitively until you get what you want. Gambling at its best and promoted to 12 year old children.

>

> So you didn't read the tin before you blindly purchased believing it to yield just what you want everytime.. that's all on you.

> Your not gambling if you win a prize every time.. and everytime its a different prize... if parents want to let their 12yr olds spend frivolously then that's bad parenting.. myself I check what my kids are doing and what the money gets spent on.

Children can't go into the casino. If gaming companies want to exploit gambling mechanisms, they should make their game 18+ or remove those mechanics.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > > > > @"Aeon.4583" said:

> > > > > I don't know if it is fine price, or not. But one thing that bothers me. [Original adoptation license](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mount_Adoption_License "Original adoptation license") not present in gemstore. And it has no 'Select' version of it. It's not fair for those people whos looking to unlock original mount skins. First: you can't, Second: you won't be able to select one of originals, only random unlock.

> > > > >

> > > > > I am myself looking to buy one of Original skins for each mount. Except for raptor and beetle.

> > > >

> > > > Don't worry, that licence pack is now on cash shop rotation, they will be back at some point. Just keep checking the promotions pages.

> > > > As selection.. yeah that first pack is random selection, but you can't get the same skin twice so your odds improve each time you buy a licence.

> > >

> > > Great example of exploitative practice. Pay repetitively until you get what you want. Gambling at its best and promoted to 12 year old children.

> >

> > So you didn't read the tin before you blindly purchased believing it to yield just what you want everytime.. that's all on you.

> > Your not gambling if you win a prize every time.. and everytime its a different prize... if parents want to let their 12yr olds spend frivolously then that's bad parenting.. myself I check what my kids are doing and what the money gets spent on.

>

> Children can't go into the casino. If gaming companies want to exploit gambling mechanisms, they should make their game 18+ or remove those mechanics.

It doesn’t fall under the legal definition of gambling as you “win” something of value every time. It doesn’t matter if the particular person holds personal value for it as the item still has a value.

It’s why those card packs are not gambling. It’s why some of those games in the arcades are not gambling.

I don't like it, but I understand why they did it. I absolutely hate some of the mount skins, and have only bought 1 box for a "random" skin because I had some extra gems and wanted to try it out (and was instantly peeved that it was a griffin skin when I'm not even remotely close to getting a griffin). They knew this would be the mindset of many people and made it cost much more to ensure you 1) got a skin you could actually use, and 2) got a skin you actually like. It makes sense from a business standpoint, and from the number of players I've seen running around with mount skins, it's probably a healthy chunk of money toward funding the free content they're adding outside expansions. That being said, I think they could have gotten more people to bite if they dropped the price to 800 or 900, but I'm not an economics expert so maybe I'm missing some important detail that justifies the price.

I'm much more salty that to figure out which skins are in which box I have to open a web browser and google that crap rather than being able to see previews of which skins are in each box in the store itself.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > > > > > @"Aeon.4583" said:

> > > > > > I don't know if it is fine price, or not. But one thing that bothers me. [Original adoptation license](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mount_Adoption_License "Original adoptation license") not present in gemstore. And it has no 'Select' version of it. It's not fair for those people whos looking to unlock original mount skins. First: you can't, Second: you won't be able to select one of originals, only random unlock.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I am myself looking to buy one of Original skins for each mount. Except for raptor and beetle.

> > > > >

> > > > > Don't worry, that licence pack is now on cash shop rotation, they will be back at some point. Just keep checking the promotions pages.

> > > > > As selection.. yeah that first pack is random selection, but you can't get the same skin twice so your odds improve each time you buy a licence.

> > > >

> > > > Great example of exploitative practice. Pay repetitively until you get what you want. Gambling at its best and promoted to 12 year old children.

> > >

> > > So you didn't read the tin before you blindly purchased believing it to yield just what you want everytime.. that's all on you.

> > > Your not gambling if you win a prize every time.. and everytime its a different prize... if parents want to let their 12yr olds spend frivolously then that's bad parenting.. myself I check what my kids are doing and what the money gets spent on.

> >

> > Children can't go into the casino. If gaming companies want to exploit gambling mechanisms, they should make their game 18+ or remove those mechanics.

>

> It doesn’t fall under the legal definition of gambling as you “win” something of value every time. It doesn’t matter if the particular person holds personal value for it as the item still has a value.

>

> It’s why those card packs are not gambling. It’s why some of those games in the arcades are not gambling.

In some countries what's important is actually that you _don't_ win anything of value - not the way value is defined in law anyway, which almost always means monetary value. Legally we don't own anything in GW2, not even our characters or the items in their inventory. When you buy the game or items within it you're paying for access to a service. You also can't sell them - it's against the TOS and in the case of skins in the wardrobe it's also impossible. Therefore they have no monetary value. When you buy gems you're paying for access to an additional aspect of the service - the gem store. Since the gems and all the items purchased with them have no value what you do after that is irrelevant - you've got what you paid for and that's the end of it.

This is one of the things some people are campaigning to get changed because it makes a lot of loot boxes legal, even some of the ones far more predatory than anything Anet has ever tried. Some people want governments to recognise that a item in a game has value to a player even if they can't sell it and don't legally own it.

But whatever the reason under current legislation in most countries GW2's loot boxes do not qualify as gambling, which is why they're allowed to market the game to teens and don't need a gambling licence. Whether players consider them morally acceptable or good value is an entirely different discussion. You can object to loot boxes for all kinds of reasons, but trying to claim they legally qualify as gambling will get you no where.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > > > @"Aeon.4583" said:

> > > > > > I don't know if it is fine price, or not. But one thing that bothers me. [Original adoptation license](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mount_Adoption_License "Original adoptation license") not present in gemstore. And it has no 'Select' version of it. It's not fair for those people whos looking to unlock original mount skins. First: you can't, Second: you won't be able to select one of originals, only random unlock.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I am myself looking to buy one of Original skins for each mount. Except for raptor and beetle.

> > > > >

> > > > > Don't worry, that licence pack is now on cash shop rotation, they will be back at some point. Just keep checking the promotions pages.

> > > > > As selection.. yeah that first pack is random selection, but you can't get the same skin twice so your odds improve each time you buy a licence.

> > > >

> > > > Great example of exploitative practice. Pay repetitively until you get what you want. Gambling at its best and promoted to 12 year old children.

> > >

> > > So you didn't read the tin before you blindly purchased believing it to yield just what you want everytime.. that's all on you.

> > > Your not gambling if you win a prize every time.. and everytime its a different prize... if parents want to let their 12yr olds spend frivolously then that's bad parenting.. myself I check what my kids are doing and what the money gets spent on.

> >

> > Children can't go into the casino. If gaming companies want to exploit gambling mechanisms, they should make their game 18+ or remove those mechanics.

>

> It doesn’t fall under the legal definition of gambling as you “win”

This is a hole game companies are using worldwide to avoid proper sanctions. As of now.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > > > > > > @"Aeon.4583" said:

> > > > > > > I don't know if it is fine price, or not. But one thing that bothers me. [Original adoptation license](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mount_Adoption_License "Original adoptation license") not present in gemstore. And it has no 'Select' version of it. It's not fair for those people whos looking to unlock original mount skins. First: you can't, Second: you won't be able to select one of originals, only random unlock.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I am myself looking to buy one of Original skins for each mount. Except for raptor and beetle.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Don't worry, that licence pack is now on cash shop rotation, they will be back at some point. Just keep checking the promotions pages.

> > > > > > As selection.. yeah that first pack is random selection, but you can't get the same skin twice so your odds improve each time you buy a licence.

> > > > >

> > > > > Great example of exploitative practice. Pay repetitively until you get what you want. Gambling at its best and promoted to 12 year old children.

> > > >

> > > > So you didn't read the tin before you blindly purchased believing it to yield just what you want everytime.. that's all on you.

> > > > Your not gambling if you win a prize every time.. and everytime its a different prize... if parents want to let their 12yr olds spend frivolously then that's bad parenting.. myself I check what my kids are doing and what the money gets spent on.

> > >

> > > Children can't go into the casino. If gaming companies want to exploit gambling mechanisms, they should make their game 18+ or remove those mechanics.

> >

> > It doesn’t fall under the legal definition of gambling as you “win”

>

> This is a hole game companies are using worldwide to avoid proper sanctions. As of now.

>

Anything that doesn’t meet the requirement of something can be considered a “hole”. “Hole” is a very vague word/descriptor. It’s also a loaded word.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Aeon.4583" said:

> > > > > > > > I don't know if it is fine price, or not. But one thing that bothers me. [Original adoptation license](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mount_Adoption_License "Original adoptation license") not present in gemstore. And it has no 'Select' version of it. It's not fair for those people whos looking to unlock original mount skins. First: you can't, Second: you won't be able to select one of originals, only random unlock.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I am myself looking to buy one of Original skins for each mount. Except for raptor and beetle.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Don't worry, that licence pack is now on cash shop rotation, they will be back at some point. Just keep checking the promotions pages.

> > > > > > > As selection.. yeah that first pack is random selection, but you can't get the same skin twice so your odds improve each time you buy a licence.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Great example of exploitative practice. Pay repetitively until you get what you want. Gambling at its best and promoted to 12 year old children.

> > > > >

> > > > > So you didn't read the tin before you blindly purchased believing it to yield just what you want everytime.. that's all on you.

> > > > > Your not gambling if you win a prize every time.. and everytime its a different prize... if parents want to let their 12yr olds spend frivolously then that's bad parenting.. myself I check what my kids are doing and what the money gets spent on.

> > > >

> > > > Children can't go into the casino. If gaming companies want to exploit gambling mechanisms, they should make their game 18+ or remove those mechanics.

> > >

> > > It doesn’t fall under the legal definition of gambling as you “win”

> >

> > This is a hole game companies are using worldwide to avoid proper sanctions. As of now.

> >

>

> Anything that doesn’t meet the requirement of something can be considered a “hole”. “Hole” is a very vague word/descriptor. It’s also a loaded word.

Good. And it serves its purpose.

with how cheap the skins are, some are not even worth 100 gems.

no really, allot of raptor skins are literally just new patterns, they didn't do anything about the base model, same with skimmer and jackal.

so unless they actually put some effort in it i see them as worthless crap with a high price, they are already quite expensive with allot of gem stuff but they are getting worse by the month.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > > > > > > @"Aeon.4583" said:

> > > > > > > I don't know if it is fine price, or not. But one thing that bothers me. [Original adoptation license](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mount_Adoption_License "Original adoptation license") not present in gemstore. And it has no 'Select' version of it. It's not fair for those people whos looking to unlock original mount skins. First: you can't, Second: you won't be able to select one of originals, only random unlock.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I am myself looking to buy one of Original skins for each mount. Except for raptor and beetle.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Don't worry, that licence pack is now on cash shop rotation, they will be back at some point. Just keep checking the promotions pages.

> > > > > > As selection.. yeah that first pack is random selection, but you can't get the same skin twice so your odds improve each time you buy a licence.

> > > > >

> > > > > Great example of exploitative practice. Pay repetitively until you get what you want. Gambling at its best and promoted to 12 year old children.

> > > >

> > > > So you didn't read the tin before you blindly purchased believing it to yield just what you want everytime.. that's all on you.

> > > > Your not gambling if you win a prize every time.. and everytime its a different prize... if parents want to let their 12yr olds spend frivolously then that's bad parenting.. myself I check what my kids are doing and what the money gets spent on.

> > >

> > > Children can't go into the casino. If gaming companies want to exploit gambling mechanisms, they should make their game 18+ or remove those mechanics.

> >

> > It doesn’t fall under the legal definition of gambling as you “win”

>

> This is a hole game companies are using worldwide to avoid proper sanctions. As of now.

>

So then by your concept Football cards, baseball cards, pokemon cards, etc etc should all now be marketed appropriately or be sanctioned under gambling laws. All shops must now hold appropriate gambling licences and refuse sales to all those kids.

That is the situation we have with the mount licence, they are nothing more than a football card collection, but with the added twist of a guaranteed win each time and no stacking of the same card.

FACTS - they do not hold any real value, they do not limit your gameplay, they do now come with an option to choose (something the player base screamed for and they listened) and they are clearly labelled defining what the player is purchasing

FACT - this is not predatory practice because we all like and dislike different skins. If there was one skin that we all had to have and it was wrapped up within a collection of other skins , then maybe you might be onto something, but this not the case.

FACT - Under current gambling laws in the countries ANET market GW2 this is not an illegal practice, neither is their loot box mechanics.

FACT - It is perfectly normal practice to offer items at a reduced rate for multibuy and premium rate for specific 1 off purchase.. there is nothing wrong.

FACT - No one is forced to purchase anything from the store it is a personal choice, if you don't like it, then vote with your wallet and maybe if insufficient sales are seen from this then ANET might adjust the prices next time .. they take a risk with every item they develop for sale.

FACT - ANET is a business not a charity and as such is perfectly within its right to turn a profit for their efforts, no matter how much or how little.. it is their right to do so.

As i uderstand > @"Bloodstealer.5978" is trying to convince me here, that buying 'X' amount of random mount skins, in random order, with potential higher gem cost just to unlock skins i want is much better idea than alllowing me to directly buy exact skins i really want.

My head just blew off.

If someone interested, skins i want are: Tawny Hare, Spined Longtail, Polished Stone, Spotted Sylph.

Reason is simple, i can dye them to match my character's color schemes. Sadly, for a very long time, and still, i am simply unable. I didn't even get a chance to get my hands on any of original 30 skins.