reduce mesmer and warrior roamers

jihm.2315

> @"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:

> > @"jihm.2315" said:

> > > @"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:

> > > Lulz, “let’s remove classes that people want to play because I want an achievo....”

> > >

> > > This is too great, the entitlement is so stronk.

> > >

> > > Maybe get better learn how to combat the classes you have trouble with, tweak your build appropriately, and don’t care what other people play, since you know they play the game for their fun not yours.

> >

> > they dont play for fun they play to win and those two classes are the most fit for the role

>

> So you are psychic and know why everyone does what they do? Interesting.

>

> Let’s see this is a video game and people play video games for fun... and oh this is a strange concept, but some players do find fun in winning oh who would have thought. And some players just find fun in playing the classes that they choose to play... smh the audacity of some people.

Doesn't take a very smart person to realize what he said was right. Some other class gets nerfed, or a class gets buffed/avoids nerfs and you see more of that class. There's a clear correlation. The few very good mirages/spellbreakers are probably mes/warr mains of course, but the vast majority of them are people hopping on the flavor-of-the-month bandwagon.

OP is at least right about mirage. There are so many of them because the class carries to a high degree. Even after the nerf to EM and jaunt, there are STILL so many of them because the build just carries when it comes to smaller scale fights or 1v1s.

People atm dont Play specific classes, EVERY class has finally the same build -> MAXIMUM INVULNS/DODGE/BLOCK/INVIS uptime. it is already that worse that i see more and more People playing sylvarie ulti to become invul for 3 seconds and cast that plant Towers.... the latest buff to invuls make that even worse. anet has to stop invulns. 50% + uptime is retarded. no one in this game i know can enjoy that shit. atm we have the most retarded noob meta in this game EVER. and Warriors and mesmers are just the top of that bullshit.

Like. Has anyone noticed the replies here.

OP--"I see only mesmer and warriors, those are the only roamers"

" Actually I have been seeing a lot of X class"

OP---" No you're wrong its only mesmer and warriors"

This thread isnt a discussion just the OP looking for social validation on why his build doesn't work.

> @"Arcaedus.7290" said:

> > @"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:

> > > @"jihm.2315" said:

> > > > @"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:

> > > > Lulz, “let’s remove classes that people want to play because I want an achievo....”

> > > >

> > > > This is too great, the entitlement is so stronk.

> > > >

> > > > Maybe get better learn how to combat the classes you have trouble with, tweak your build appropriately, and don’t care what other people play, since you know they play the game for their fun not yours.

> > >

> > > they dont play for fun they play to win and those two classes are the most fit for the role

> >

> > So you are psychic and know why everyone does what they do? Interesting.

> >

> > Let’s see this is a video game and people play video games for fun... and oh this is a strange concept, but some players do find fun in winning oh who would have thought. And some players just find fun in playing the classes that they choose to play... smh the audacity of some people.

>

> Doesn't take a very smart person to realize what he said was right. Some other class gets nerfed, or a class gets buffed/avoids nerfs and you see more of that class. There's a clear correlation. The few very good mirages/spellbreakers are probably mes/warr mains of course, but the vast majority of them are people hopping on the flavor-of-the-month bandwagon.

>

> OP is at least right about mirage. There are so many of them because the class carries to a high degree. Even after the nerf to EM and jaunt, there are STILL so many of them because the build just carries when it comes to smaller scale fights or 1v1s.

Again you are assuming what players think very audacious and presumptuous, how are you to know those players don’t find fun and enjoyment while playing those classes, or are you also psychic and know why people do what they do?

Smh.

> @"jihm.2315" said:

> > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > =) maybe an ele with a different setup can take em.

> >

> > what ur build?

>

> tempest with cantrips scepter warhorn those two classes i mentioned are the only ones that are impossible to face rest a lot will kill me but i can give a good fight

> its bright clear the are a huge problem

> i dont mind losing a fight but making classes that are impossible to do anything against is just wrong and not good for the game

So... you kind of are describing Rock Paper Scissors. You are the rock, they are paper. The other classes to you are scissors.

Reducing mesmers and warriors because you can't beat them on your class, isn't the answer and isn't balance.

> @"jihm.2315" said:

> > @"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:

> > > @"jihm.2315" said:

> > > warrior has insane passive regeneration and invulnerabilities you need a class that has insane damage to even stand a chance and mesmer is totally out of control better log out than fight them

> >

> > Pretty sure ranger is in the same boat here when it comes to sustain. At least warrior can be kited to some point and wait for stances. Melee/lb soulbeast should not really have an issue vs warrior and it gets worst when it's a core ranger since they take nature's magic.

>

> i dont play ranger i play celestial ele so i see things from a balanced view its impossible to face any of them

just because you run full cele and have every stat equally doesnt mean your build is balanced, your build description sounds like absolute dogkitten for roaming to me

why did you even make this thread ?just to oppose everyone elses opinion that isnt agreeing with you? as you have seen many ppl disagree with you, maybe your opinion is just wrong, just think about it.

bit i bet there are lots of ppl that would give you tipps on how to play against classes that you cant beat

my tipp for playing against a warrior, try to avoid their f1 bursts as much as possible, they are most of the time their main dmg and also their way to activate that regeneration you were complaining about, if they dont hit f1 or fullcounter on f2 they wont get any adrenal health regen, leaving them with healig signet only which is like 340hp per second, which is like nothing, 10sec to regain 3400hp, when most ppl hit with one skill way more than that

so you deny dmg AND regen with just your dodge/block or blinds

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > @"jihm.2315" said:

> > > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > > =) maybe an ele with a different setup can take em.

> > >

> > > what ur build?

> >

> > tempest with cantrips scepter warhorn those two classes i mentioned are the only ones that are impossible to face rest a lot will kill me but i can give a good fight

> > its bright clear the are a huge problem

> > i dont mind losing a fight but making classes that are impossible to do anything against is just wrong and not good for the game

>

> So... you kind of are describing Rock Paper Scissors. You are the rock, they are paper. The other classes to you are scissors.

>

> Reducing mesmers and warriors because you can't beat them on your class, isn't the answer and isn't balance.

they are not paper they are bazookas they need more counters :D

> @"jihm.2315" said:

> seriously every time i try do something theres either a mesmer or a warrior roamer against me try find a way to bring more class diversity in wvw i try to complete the emperor achievement and its so annoying meeting the same classes over and over

I didn't detect any suggestions within the OP that lend itself to even discussing ways of "reducing class xyz." I'm outtie!

D:

> @"jihm.2315" said:

> seriously every time i try do something theres either a mesmer or a warrior roamer against me try find a way to bring more class diversity in wvw i try to complete the emperor achievement and its so annoying meeting the same classes over and over

the emperor achievement has nothing to do with WvW, just buy all tiers of cultural armor for every race.

aside from necros i run into all classes alot during roaming.

> @"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:

> > @"Arcaedus.7290" said:

> > > @"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:

> > > > @"jihm.2315" said:

> > > > > @"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:

> > > > > Lulz, “let’s remove classes that people want to play because I want an achievo....”

> > > > >

> > > > > This is too great, the entitlement is so stronk.

> > > > >

> > > > > Maybe get better learn how to combat the classes you have trouble with, tweak your build appropriately, and don’t care what other people play, since you know they play the game for their fun not yours.

> > > >

> > > > they dont play for fun they play to win and those two classes are the most fit for the role

> > >

> > > So you are psychic and know why everyone does what they do? Interesting.

> > >

> > > Let’s see this is a video game and people play video games for fun... and oh this is a strange concept, but some players do find fun in winning oh who would have thought. And some players just find fun in playing the classes that they choose to play... smh the audacity of some people.

> >

> > Doesn't take a very smart person to realize what he said was right. Some other class gets nerfed, or a class gets buffed/avoids nerfs and you see more of that class. There's a clear correlation. The few very good mirages/spellbreakers are probably mes/warr mains of course, but the vast majority of them are people hopping on the flavor-of-the-month bandwagon.

> >

> > OP is at least right about mirage. There are so many of them because the class carries to a high degree. Even after the nerf to EM and jaunt, there are STILL so many of them because the build just carries when it comes to smaller scale fights or 1v1s.

>

> Again you are assuming what players think very audacious and presumptuous, how are you to know those players don’t find fun and enjoyment while playing those classes, or are you also psychic and know why people do what they do?

>

> Smh.

I never argued that they don't find fun and enjoyment. Some players only find fun and enjoyment in winning above all else though. This would be fine if winning above all else took a bit more skill and a bit less face-rolling the current most OP build between each balance patch. If this was the case, the class distribution among roamers would be a little more balanced.

> @"Arcaedus.7290" said:

> > > @"jihm.2315" said:

> > > > Lulz, “let’s remove classes that people want to play because I want an achievo....”

> > > >

> > > > This is too great, the entitlement is so stronk.

> > > >

> > > > Maybe get better learn how to combat the classes you have trouble with, tweak your build appropriately, and don’t care what other people play, since you know they play the game for their fun not yours.

> > >

> > > they dont play for fun they play to win and those two classes are the most fit for the role

> >

> > So you are psychic and know why everyone does what they do? Interesting.

> >

> > Let’s see this is a video game and people play video games for fun... and oh this is a strange concept, but some players do find fun in winning oh who would have thought. And some players just find fun in playing the classes that they choose to play... smh the audacity of some people.

>

> Doesn't take a very smart person to realize what he said was right. Some other class gets nerfed, or a class gets buffed/avoids nerfs and you see more of that class. There's a clear correlation. The few very good mirages/spellbreakers are probably mes/warr mains of course, but the vast majority of them are people hopping on the flavor-of-the-month bandwagon.

>

> OP is at least right about mirage. There are so many of them because the class carries to a high degree. Even after the nerf to EM and jaunt, there are STILL so many of them because the build just carries when it comes to smaller scale fights or 1v1s.

EM wasn't even a threat though

> @"Arcaedus.7290" said:

> > > @"Arcaedus.7290" said:

> > > > > @"jihm.2315" said:

> > > > > > @"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:

> > > > > > Lulz, “let’s remove classes that people want to play because I want an achievo....”

> > > > > >

> > > > > > This is too great, the entitlement is so stronk.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Maybe get better learn how to combat the classes you have trouble with, tweak your build appropriately, and don’t care what other people play, since you know they play the game for their fun not yours.

> > > > >

> > > > > they dont play for fun they play to win and those two classes are the most fit for the role

> > > >

> > > > So you are psychic and know why everyone does what they do? Interesting.

> > > >

> > > > Let’s see this is a video game and people play video games for fun... and oh this is a strange concept, but some players do find fun in winning oh who would have thought. And some players just find fun in playing the classes that they choose to play... smh the audacity of some people.

> > >

> > > Doesn't take a very smart person to realize what he said was right. Some other class gets nerfed, or a class gets buffed/avoids nerfs and you see more of that class. There's a clear correlation. The few very good mirages/spellbreakers are probably mes/warr mains of course, but the vast majority of them are people hopping on the flavor-of-the-month bandwagon.

> > >

> > > OP is at least right about mirage. There are so many of them because the class carries to a high degree. Even after the nerf to EM and jaunt, there are STILL so many of them because the build just carries when it comes to smaller scale fights or 1v1s.

> >

> > Again you are assuming what players think very audacious and presumptuous, how are you to know those players don’t find fun and enjoyment while playing those classes, or are you also psychic and know why people do what they do?

> >

> > Smh.

>

> I never argued that they don't find fun and enjoyment. Some players only find fun and enjoyment in winning above all else though. This would be fine if winning above all else took a bit more skill and a bit less face-rolling the current most OP build between each balance patch. If this was the case, the class distribution among roamers would be a little more balanced.

i think many roaming fights find an end based on skill. a bad mirage, a bad warrior, a bad thief , a bad ranger , a bad class X all die horribly fast and the difference in skill is often huge.

build starts to matter when you fight an opponent that is good, but in that case a warrior is rather among the weaker classes because it has too big tells wich leads to his damage beeing too easy avoided compared to other classes.

i wonder tho how in WvW everyone thinks they can roam on any class and build with same success yet in spvp you have specific class/builds for every role.

> @"jihm.2315" said:

> ofc most would disagree you play mesmer or warrior since its the majority of players that wvw LMAO to many flavour rerollers

No, apparently you're just too stubborn or too mediocre to change your build. Cele ele is sub par in the current state of affairs (has been for a long time actually), and scepter warhorn for roaming is just ????.

Roll Marshall's gear, get a sword and a dagger weaver. If you're any good you'll do better against those classes and will have some enjoyable (albeit drawn out) 1v1's.

You can't expect the game to change for your benefit when you're using a 2 year old build on a support specialization and refuse to adapt.

> @"jihm.2315" said:

Ever thought that it might just be a player trying out their Warrior or Mesmer alt after becoming bored with their main? What I mean is that most of us have multiple toons and classes. I cycle through all of mine in WvW for variation. You might meet us all on the Warrior/Mesmer evening, log in next day and we're all pew-pew Rangers.

I did that very thing last night. Logged in as my Warrior for an hour or so for some roaming. I fought an Ele as well - maybe you? Then I k-trained for 2hrs on my *cough* Scourge. Probably explains why I'm not very good on any one class.

> @"MUDse.7623" said:

> > @"jihm.2315" said:

> > seriously every time i try do something theres either a mesmer or a warrior roamer against me try find a way to bring more class diversity in wvw i try to complete the emperor achievement and its so annoying meeting the same classes over and over

>

> the emperor achievement has nothing to do with WvW, just buy all tiers of cultural armor for every race.

> aside from necros i run into all classes alot during roaming.

thats what im gonna do i just wanted to get them cheaper and find space to dedicate some time in wvw but this thing is an unplayable hell

fotm rerollers everywhere

FYI, you too can spec a 'fotm' build. I believe the current one for soulbeast is full glass. It does a 40k+ damage quickness + unblockable rapid fire from ~1800 (or more with some elevation) range and autoattacks at the same distance for 5-8k per hit. You literally 'pew pew' twice and your opponent is dead at far outside their engagement distance.

* IMO, Warrior isn't *too* bad. It's just frustrating to fight because you can't really engage with them like you can with other classes. There's no back and forth. You run away from them while their stances are up. They run away from you while their stances are down. Still, if you're patient and have some mobility for kiting, you can win pretty reliably.

* Mirage is overtuned. Full stop. It's not so bad in PvP, but in WvW you're not going to win vs a good one. They have a two dodges/evades for every one of your CCs or damage skills.

The biggest struggle I have with mesmers are the skills that break enemy targeting. I don't have an issue focusing on the actual player, but when I have to constantly re-target him, that's when the fight tilts to his favor.

Do not run a full marshals weaver, it's no fun and against something like a warrior it becomes a battle of who can sustain better, it's no fun for me. Core fresh air Ele is still extremely viable, just difficult to master.

What? Thieves were always the most common roamers of any class, and that is since launch. As of late, with the ridiculous buff to Soulbeast, Soulbeast became the most popular and what you see the most often.

Soulbeast followed by Thieves (almost all of them are using the perma stealth **** now. Be it with Rifle or D/P), Spellbreaker and then Mirage. The large majority of Mirage roamers that i encounter are running power mantra one shot gimmick builds with gs/sword+torch, not condi like it was pre nerf.

Infact i don't think i ever saw as many rangers in wvw as currently.

One shot ele/tempest/weaver is a bane to me. I play DPS mirage (Axe/torch + GS, no EM or mantra). I could always use a sparring partner who needs help fighting DPS mirages. If on NA, look me up.

Im not pro by any standards but have sparred and helped a few people understand fighting a mirage despite being a filthy skill clicker. I do fairly well despite this. ;)

Not really possible to balance for solo roaming, small scale, medium scale and large scale at the same time so even if all their balance changes were oriented around WvW, which they aren't, there would still be standouts at some scale of play. It may be that mesmer and warrior shine at solo roaming but there's always going to be a standout. My advice is if you really think mesmer and warrior are broken for solo roaming to play either mesmer or warrior until they balance them out of existence and then swap to whatever becomes the next dominant thing. Ride the wave so to speak if you can. If you can't or won't don't be surprised when whatever you're playing sucks at some scale of fighting.

Here let me complain about everything else that's popular in WvW roaming.

People that 2-man roam with a minstrel firebrand and a trailblazer scourge.

SA/Acro deadeyes who are literally useless in PvP but somehow manage to still hit a heavy class for 10k in WvW while maintaining literally perma stealth.

Tanky holosmiths, especially that god awful pistol/shield build that's been making the rounds.

Sic 'Em soulbeasts shooting you from 2000 range away on the top of the SMC wall while you're getting cannoned.

That stupid marshal weaver build that manages to be extremely tanky and go back to 100% health whenever they go into water attunement.

Everyone running the same cookie cutter sword/sword herald build with a stupidly buffed deathstrike.

Oh look, everyone's class is aids!

We have more roaming diversity now than ever. Holobrands, Spellbreakers, Mirage, DeadEye, Dare Devil, Druid and Soulbeast classes are all sporting effective roaming builds. There are even some interesting Rev, Weaver, Firebrand, Dragon Hunter builds out there.

I do think three effective invulns on the Warrior is too much, some Mirage builds are straight up OP and the stealth access on Deadeye is absurd.