bandit death marks

> @"Lazytophat.4382" said:

> are they good for anything for the casual player

Well, let me put it this way... They are Open world boss spawning items... Open World is by definition the most casual content in the game. Now that might not be casual by your definition.

So, well... Depends?

If you don't define your terms, you can't really expect an answer.

> @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > @"Lazytophat.4382" said:

> > are they good for anything for the casual player

>

> Well, let me put it this way... They are Open world boss spawning items... Open World is by definition the most casual content in the game. Now that might not be casual by your definition.

> So, well... Depends?

> If you don't define your terms, you can't really expect an answer.

>

>

well idk what they exactly do

> > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > @"Lazytophat.4382" said:

> > > are they good for anything for the casual player

> >

> > Well, let me put it this way... They are Open world boss spawning items... Open World is by definition the most casual content in the game. Now that might not be casual by your definition.

> > So, well... Depends?

> > If you don't define your terms, you can't really expect an answer.

> >

> >

>

> well idk what they exactly do

When in doubt, look things up on the Wiki.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Long_Arm_of_the_Light

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_Bandit_Executioner

Essentially, you are marked for death from a Bounty in Central Tyria. Even if you happen on a champ bounty that has already been spawned, you can get the death mark. If you go an aggro a champ Bounty boss and defeat it, a legendary boss (Legendary Bandit Executioner) potentially spawns. That legendary boss hurts a lot but will also despawn if all players in the area die (those players who have smacked the boss and are in event radius). On the other hand, if ppl rez the downed or stay out of AOE and/or run back from WP after death and before anyone else dies, the boss can be beaten. You won't get any epic loot but you may get a precursor drop (but those can drop from any NPC enemy) in world. You can also get an exotic trinket as well; in addition, there is an achievement associated with Bandit Bounties. Not sure if that answers but good luck and have fun out there.

Edit: Here are a couple of links that explain

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bounty_Hunter

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Encoded_Orders

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_Bandit_Executioner

> > > @"Lazytophat.4382" said:

> > > are they good for anything for the casual player

> >

> > Well, let me put it this way... They are Open world boss spawning items... Open World is by definition the most casual content in the game. Now that might not be casual by your definition.

> > So, well... Depends?

> > If you don't define your terms, you can't really expect an answer.

> >

> >

>

> well idk what they exactly do

That would have been a better question then....

Anyway, @"Oglaf.1074" and @"Zushada.6108" did a great job explaining it.

For future reference the wiki is your friend... You can even open it from the game (it tabs you into your browser though) by typing /wiki, followed by whatever you want to learn about, in the chat.

So in your case, you just needed to type "/wiki Bandit Death Mark" in the game chat, and the game would open a browser on the wiki page for that.

Basically it spawns a 'mini' world boss at the end of another event. It ties into the Current Events stuff that ran alongside Season 3 of the Living Story, but you don't need to have played Season 3 to do it.

As for whether it's for casual players or not that depends on your definition of casual. It's absolutely not solo content, even the best players would need a group to take down the legendary bandit executioner and you're going to have to pay attention during the fight and move away from his attacks even if there's loads of people around. But they are open-world events, they can happen any time and you don't need an organised group beforehand, you can do it with whoever is around at the time.

I call myself a casual player because I 'only' play on some evenings and weekends, I'm not the best player and I rarely have time for organised group content (even Fractals can be difficult for me, unless the group is ok with doing just 1 Fractal) and I've fought the legendary bandit executioner several times. But I know other casual players who wouldn't bother because it's only needed for 1 achievement and is designed to be harder than most open-world bosses, which isn't the kind of content they're interested in.

> @"Alga.6498" said:

> How did you get one ?

You should get one in the mail after you do some of the Bandit bounty achievements. (Or maybe that's just when they implemented it).

Then you can get more from killing Bandit bounties.

Again... Wiki has all the info you need. Self-learning is a character building experience!!

> @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > @"Alga.6498" said:

> > How did you get one ?

>

> You should get one in the mail after you do some of the Bandit bounty achievements. (Or maybe that's just when they implemented it).

> Then you can get more from killing Bandit bounties.

> Again... Wiki has all the info you need. Self-learning is a character building experience!!

Actually, it drops into your inventory (sometimes) if you participate in a bounty hit on an ordinary "champion" bandit boss of the sort you find in Queensdale, Kessex Hills, Brisban Wilderness, etc. (Oops. Did I just say 'ordinary "champion"'? Well, compared to the executioner, they are ordinary.)

@"Lazytophat.4382" and @"Alga.6498" beware: the executioners are well 'ard, and will "[finish](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Finisher "finish")" downed players. You'll need to have your full arsenal of advanced GW2 combat technique available. Dodge. A lot.

> @"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:

> > > @"Alga.6498" said:

> > > How did you get one ?

> >

> > You should get one in the mail after you do some of the Bandit bounty achievements. (Or maybe that's just when they implemented it).

> > Then you can get more from killing Bandit bounties.

> > Again... Wiki has all the info you need. Self-learning is a character building experience!!

>

> Actually, it drops into your inventory (sometimes) if you participate in a bounty hit on an ordinary "champion" bandit boss of the sort you find in Queensdale, Kessex Hills, Brisban Wilderness, etc. (Oops. Did I just say 'ordinary "champion"'? Well, compared to the executioner, they are ordinary.)

>

> @"Lazytophat.4382" and @"Alga.6498" beware: the executioners are well 'ard, and will "[finish](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Finisher "finish")" downed players. You'll need to have your full arsenal of advanced GW2 combat technique available. Dodge. A lot.

Seriously... If you're going to "Humm, Actually someone", don't repeat what they said, and be wrong about it...

1) According to the wiki, because yeah, wiki... It still drops from the mail like i said...

2) It doesn't just "drop into your inventory", it's one of the drops from Embroidered Coin Purses... Which, are dropped by the bounties, like i said and you repeated. But also other Outlaw champion bags, like Taidha Covington, who's actually a world boss...

They're not that hard, the problem is that they create a bubble that prevents you from joining the fight if you leave it, so you're confined to a small area if you want to kill it.

Also it has these tornadoes, iirc, maybe bubbles? That will reflect your projectiles, so you have to take care to not let them intercept your projectiles, which is hard because the executioner moves around a lot. Mellee is also not safe cause he hits hard.

> @"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:

> > > @"Alga.6498" said:

> > > How did you get one ?

> >

> > You should get one in the mail after you do some of the Bandit bounty achievements. (Or maybe that's just when they implemented it).

> > Then you can get more from killing Bandit bounties.

> > Again... Wiki has all the info you need. Self-learning is a character building experience!!

>

> Actually, it drops into your inventory (sometimes) if you participate in a bounty hit on an ordinary "champion" bandit boss of the sort you find in Queensdale, Kessex Hills, Brisban Wilderness, etc.

_Actually_, it drops randomly from any bandits you kill, just like the bounties (only rarer).

You do need to be carrying one while defeating the executioner to complete one of the achievements so you might want to keep at least one around until you have that done.

On the other hand it is not hard to get. Just do a bit of Silverwastes chest farming if you run into that issue.