how do i beat a mesmer in a duel scenario?

boumz.9851

> @"boumz.9851" said:

> good morning friends, first of all, i am trying to keep the rant to a minimum but what am i supposed to do against a condi mirage as a warrior? i've tried several builds, at some point even putting 3 condi cleanses as utility and going mending aswell, i can't sustain against the pressure because either my condi cleanse isn't enough, my resistence gets ripped or my bursts won't hit to proc cleansing ire simply because mesmer can just blurr it with an evade or blind me. trying to range with a rifle also didn't do the job for me because they just have so many gap closers. any advice?

brah, mirage is the strongest elite spec, the only counters to them are other mesmers or thief ,other than that, you've got to know what you're doing to beat them

> @"Megametzler.5729" said:

> > @"Murmaider.1805" said:

> > Yeah I DIDN'T DO IT I SWEAR, but trust me guys. This forum is working as intended, just like mesmer. Yes I'm hurt.

>

> Nerf request reflected by mesmer? :lol:

LOL They got rid of my comment. It was "off topic" because the forums put my name under a quote that I never said. I got in trouble for it. Fuck this

> @"Murmaider.1805" said:

> > @"Megametzler.5729" said:

> > > @"Murmaider.1805" said:

> > > Yeah I DIDN'T DO IT I SWEAR, but trust me guys. This forum is working as intended, just like mesmer. Yes I'm hurt.

> >

> > Nerf request reflected by mesmer? :lol:

>

> LOL They got rid of my comment. It was "off topic" because the forums put my name under a quote that I never said. I got in trouble for it. kitten this

Haha! Don't know what to say. Except throw around some sarcasm.

watch the screen, and play with it for a while. don't burst to soon, that's no fun, and the results are not so good. when thing starts to get hard, hack and wack away like no tommorow until its down and lying flat. if you think it's gonna get back up repeat the process

that is how I beat my mesmer

i was fighting one in wvw with me weaver after 5 mins playing defensively i went afk and he won they are absolute cancer you cant hit them and their control is like they are from another game

he basically pressured me for 5 minuets and i could never get the upper hand

you cant escape from them, you cant hit them all you can do is stand there harvesting clones and cleanse conditions until they win

> @"jihm.2315" said:

> i was fighting one in wvw with me weaver after 5 mins playing defensively i went afk and he won they are absolute cancer you cant hit them and their control is like they are from another game

> he basically pressured me for 5 minuets and i could never get the upper hand

> you cant escape from them, you cant hit them all you can do is stand there harvesting clones and cleanse conditions until they win

Nothing meant to be balanced on wvw. If you want to complaint about wvw , you should go to wvw subforum

> @"Odik.4587" said:

> > @"jihm.2315" said:

> > i was fighting one in wvw with me weaver after 5 mins playing defensively i went afk and he won they are absolute cancer you cant hit them and their control is like they are from another game

> > he basically pressured me for 5 minuets and i could never get the upper hand

> > you cant escape from them, you cant hit them all you can do is stand there harvesting clones and cleanse conditions until they win

>

> Nothing meant to be balanced on wvw. If you want to complaint about wvw , you should go to wvw subforum

they are a sick joke in both game modes my friend they need serious nerfs this time

Depends on if you mean "Duel" or "Side noding a point"

If you really mean Dueling, you don't. Mesmer is undisputed god-tier of 1v1 anyone who tells you otherwise is mistaking their inability to properly play the class for proof that it is balanced in this regard. It was always a good duelist but post-rework dueling as a mesmer is pure 100% class-carry.

But if you mean side-noding, you have a few options. Spellbreaker, Bunker-Weaver, FB, and Druid can all troll a condi mirage off a point. Spellbreaker is probably your best meta bet for doing this since side noding is what that spec is actually supposed to be doing. Just chain your blocks/evades and make sure to upkeep adrenal health and you can stalemate the mirage or bully them off from capping the point.

> @"Master Ketsu.4569" said:

> Depends on if you mean "Duel" or "Side noding a point"

>

>It was always a good duelist but post-rework dueling as a mesmer is pure 100% class-carry.

>

>

>

Cute concept. Inaccurate but cute. Essentially what you are saying is that every single mirage player has absolutely no skill, thus being carried by their class.

> @"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:

> > @"Master Ketsu.4569" said:

> > Depends on if you mean "Duel" or "Side noding a point"

> >

> >It was always a good duelist but post-rework dueling as a mesmer is pure 100% class-carry.

> >

> >

> >

>

> Cute concept. Inaccurate but cute. Essentially what you are saying is that every single mirage player has absolutely no skill, thus being carried by their class.

That's not what I am saying at all. The two concepts are not mutually exclusive. A class can be both skill based and a class carry ( Black lotus ). A class can be both brainless and underpowered ( Playing mono green ).

> @"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:

> Cute concept. Inaccurate but cute. Essentially what you are saying is that every single mirage player has absolutely no skill, thus being carried by their class.

He's obviously exaggerating, but consider: If a class can carry the majority of players that do not have skill and mechanically inflate their flailing into a threat, whether or not any mirages have skill is irrelevant when it comes to specifically handling them in a duel. If it carries novices and makes them competent, it makes competent players nightmarish and cheapens the value of their effort.

There are certainly skilled mesmers. Their presence does not make the claim that their class carries them or its playerbase less valid.