Where will we go next?

Evil.1580

> @"Fenom.9457" said:

> Whoa now I really want that. Maybe he crashed into the sea though, and expansion 3 is us finding his body to make sure he’s dead and discover the deep sea dragon is very close to attacking tyria, and we move strait into the ocean after it.

I don't get people's fascination with water content. The only way I want to go on the ocean is on a boat... to cantha.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Sajuuk Khar.1509" said:

> > @"Fenom.9457" said:

> > Whoa now I really want that. Maybe he crashed into the sea though, and expansion 3 is us finding his body to make sure he’s dead and discover the deep sea dragon is very close to attacking tyria, and we move strait into the ocean after it.

> I don't get people's fascination with water content. The only way I want to go on the ocean is on a boat... to cantha.

>

The way I see it, ocean has almost as much potential as land. Not quite as many biomes, but there’s tons of potential. Maybe not specifically in GW2 at the moment but of course at some point they’ll just starting making stuff up without coming from GW1

> > @"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

> >TBH, Shiny is the only reason I can think that Kralkatorrik would move to Vabbi, since it seems he had no interested in either the Grand Court of Sebelkah or the Hidden City of Ahdashim.

> I always assumed he went to Vabbi because Vabbi was one of the most magical lands seen in Guild Wars, with giant tapestries of text and floating magical gardens all over the place.

>

> Also, both the Hidden City and the Grand Court have been branded, so I'm not sure why you would say he had no interest in them.

He might have branded the area, but it doesn't seem like his minions ransacked the magical stuff like we see dragon minions do elsewhere. His interest in those places seem to be about as great as his interest in Serenity Temple.

> @"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

> He might have branded the area, but it doesn't seem like his minions ransacked the magical stuff like we see dragon minions do elsewhere. His interest in those places seem to be about as great as his interest in Serenity Temple.

The place is a barren wasteland, seems pretty ransacked to me.

As for Serenity Temple, he never cared about the Ascalonian section of the brand. We are told in several places that all the branded have been moving south since the Brand was formed. Kralkatorik has never really had an eye on Ascalon, his forces just pass through it as they march along the brand to reach him in Elona.

> > @"Sajuuk Khar.1509" said:

> > > @"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

> > >TBH, Shiny is the only reason I can think that Kralkatorrik would move to Vabbi, since it seems he had no interested in either the Grand Court of Sebelkah or the Hidden City of Ahdashim.

> > I always assumed he went to Vabbi because Vabbi was one of the most magical lands seen in Guild Wars, with giant tapestries of text and floating magical gardens all over the place.

> >

> > Also, both the Hidden City and the Grand Court have been branded, so I'm not sure why you would say he had no interest in them.

>

> He might have branded the area, but it doesn't seem like his minions ransacked the magical stuff like we see dragon minions do elsewhere. His interest in those places seem to be about as great as his interest in Serenity Temple.

If he was just after the city, wouldn't a number of the other djinn cities in that area have been pretty bad too? I don't know what he would get from the hidden city that he wouldn't be able to get from those. So yeah, I don't think his goal was the city.

I do wonder though if the city could show branded on the world map, but actually be protected like the other djinn areas in Vabbi with the domes.

In contrast though, what would he possibly want with Shiny? Why would he be chasing him? Just to corrupt him or something? I don't know anything about Shiny from gw1, but from the wiki I read it just seemed like it had 2 lines and not much importance to the story. Unless maybe he wanted to brand him or something? But Kralk doesn't really seem like the type to chase something around a map specifically because it wants to brand it. Unless Shiny has some unique magic that he senses and wants for some reason and is just mindlessly following his hunger.

Do you really think they will continue with the desert themed maps?

We need a twist, need the lore to throw us far away from here.

Far Shiver is very logical, unless, somehow we are going to Jantirs Bay, north of Maguuma jungle.

Still, these 2 together with blood legion homeland is something different and interesting?

> @"bOTEB.1573" said:

> Do you really think they will continue with the desert themed maps?

Until the end of the season, I don't see them leaving Elona except to go to the Charr Homelands around lake Kralkatorik for a mission to find something to use against KRalkatorik or something.

Next expansion though? Na, we will go to either the Shiverpekars(south or far), or Cantha, to mix things up.

4th episode (September)- checking out the aftermath of Joko's death, going to the Desolation.

Catching up with Kasmeer and Marjory in the new Kralkatorrik's manor. Kralkatorrik will fly away in the end creating the new Dragonbrand in Derdrimor.

5th episode- we go to Lion's Arch, meeting with Logan- discussing strategy. At some point Caithe and Zojja joins to the team. Aurene turns away from us.

6th episode- with Aurene on the bad side, we have to talk to her reason.

We will have to seek an audience with Glint that will help us, she will tell us that there is still one remaining Forgotten, but he left Tyria long time ago- we will have to find him somewhere else- not in Tyria, not in the Mists.

We will have to go on a journey to the world beyond.

Maybe we will even meet the gods themselves together with this last remaining Forgotten.

We'll go on that journey with Caithe.

7th episode- the Forgotten will give us the hints of how we can reach to Aurene, it will come to fight- the Commander vs Aurene. In the end we'll have our old Aurene back, this episode will end with Kralkatorrik flying towards Tyria itself.

8th episode- the final battle with Kralkatorrik. He will die in the end, but the battle will cause a havoc in Tyria. Aurene becomes the new Elder Dragon as Glint was meant to be, she will restore all the lands from Kralkatorrik's corruption.

> > He might have branded the area, but it doesn't seem like his minions ransacked the magical stuff like we see dragon minions do elsewhere. His interest in those places seem to be about as great as his interest in Serenity Temple.

> The place is a barren wasteland, seems pretty ransacked to me.

>

> As for Serenity Temple, he never cared about the Ascalonian section of the brand. We are told in several places that all the branded have been moving south since the Brand was formed. Kralkatorik has never really had an eye on Ascalon, his forces just pass through it as they march along the brand to reach him in Elona.

It's only a "barren wasteland' because it got branded. There's still many pockets of djinn structures that are ignored completely within the branded areas, and just outside too. If he had any interest in the Hidden City then as @"cptaylor.2670" said, he would have gone after those too. His focus seemed more towards Kodash Bazaar, though, but that may be simply due to it being a major city he could get a ton of minions at (same apparent reason for assaulting Amnoon, unless Kralkatorrik was sending a brandstorm in an attempt to assault the Commander and missed).

Also, the branded in the Crystal Desert doesn't seem to care about the locations in the desert either, just like in Ascalon. They're mostly just "left where they were corrupted" or are once again "made" to follow his movements. Only Josso Essher is noted to have a different behavior than the rest of the branded, with his obsession of defending Augury Rock.

> @"cptaylor.2670" said:

> In contrast though, what would he possibly want with Shiny? Why would he be chasing him? Just to corrupt him or something? I don't know anything about Shiny from gw1, but from the wiki I read it just seemed like it had 2 lines and not much importance to the story. Unless maybe he wanted to brand him or something? But Kralk doesn't really seem like the type to chase something around a map specifically because it wants to brand it. Unless Shiny has some unique magic that he senses and wants for some reason and is just mindlessly following his hunger.

The Elder Dragons do seem to have an interest in corrupting wyverns, so Kralkatorrik looking to corrupt other dragons/draconic beings wouldn't be unheard of. Especially if they can also gather magic like the Elder Dragons and their minions. It could be as simple as wanting to make a new powerful dragon champion to replace the betrayer Glint.

Shiny wasn't of story importance in GW1, as it was just the end-result of a side quest made more for humor than anything, but in the end it is the sole Saltspray Dragon outside of Cantha. And that could be spun to become story importance (or utterly ignored like the Hallowed Point, Magdaer, Malyck, Bahltek, etc. etc.).

> Also, the branded in the Crystal Desert doesn't seem to care about the locations in the desert either, just like in Ascalon.

OFC they don't. Kralkatorik isn't in the desert, hes in Vabbi. The desert is just another place, like Ascalon, they are having to pass through to reach their master, which is why they show the same indifference to places in the crystal desert that they do in Ascalon.

> > Also, the branded in the Crystal Desert doesn't seem to care about the locations in the desert either, just like in Ascalon.

> OFC they don't. Kralkatorik isn't in the desert, hes in Vabbi. The desert is just another place, like Ascalon, they are having to pass through to reach their master, which is why they show the same indifference to places in the crystal desert that they do in Ascalon.

Crystal Desert as in [the mechanical region that includes Domain of Vabbi](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Crystal_Desert#Locations). I was basically saying "in PoF zones".

They show indifference there just as much as the other maps branded are in. Only dragon champions (and not all at that) ever show any other behavior or action than the typical indifference.

Besides which, by the time we get to eastern Vabbi open world, Kralkatorrik has moved on. Ignoring the fact you can't see Kralkatorrik in the sky in the open world, if you note, you'll find the blast effects where we kill Balthazar, even before killing Balthazar. The Domain of Vabbi open world map is "stuck in time" post-To Kill A God. So the statement "Kralkatorrik is in Vabbi" when talking about the attitude of branded in Vabbi as we see (outside of the story instances), is false.

But point being, the branded show no interest in Vabbi. It just seems like it was a pitstop for no defined reason beyond "good place for a climactic battle against Balthazar beneath Kralkatorrik".

One thing that I haven't heard on this topic yet is the "weapon" mentioned by Vlast that we never did find and could be necessary in the killing of Kralkatorrik. I feel like that would be Episode 5, while 4 is dealing with the aftermath of Joko's death and 6-7 deal with the lead up and assault of Kralkatorrik.

> @"bOTEB.1573" said:

> Do you really think they will continue with the desert themed maps?

> We need a twist, need the lore to throw us far away from here.

> Far Shiver is very logical, unless, somehow we are going to Jantirs Bay, north of Maguuma jungle.

> Still, these 2 together with blood legion homeland is something different and interesting?

They’ll continue with desert maps for S4

> @"Narcemus.1348" said:

> One thing that I haven't heard on this topic yet is the "weapon" mentioned by Vlast that we never did find and could be necessary in the killing of Kralkatorrik. I feel like that would be Episode 5, while 4 is dealing with the aftermath of Joko's death and 6-7 deal with the lead up and assault of Kralkatorrik.

Pretty sure that weapon was the dragonsblood spear we broke

> @"Fenom.9457" said:

> > @"Narcemus.1348" said:

> > One thing that I haven't heard on this topic yet is the "weapon" mentioned by Vlast that we never did find and could be necessary in the killing of Kralkatorrik. I feel like that would be Episode 5, while 4 is dealing with the aftermath of Joko's death and 6-7 deal with the lead up and assault of Kralkatorrik.

>

>

> Pretty sure that weapon was the dragonsblood spear we broke

Except, based on his description of it, this weapon should do a lot more than this spear would have been capable of. It is my belief, among others (though unproven), that our character's assumption about the spear was incorrect. That Vlast was talking about something else. But again, I have no proof.

> @"Fenom.9457" said:

> > @"Narcemus.1348" said:

> > One thing that I haven't heard on this topic yet is the "weapon" mentioned by Vlast that we never did find and could be necessary in the killing of Kralkatorrik. I feel like that would be Episode 5, while 4 is dealing with the aftermath of Joko's death and 6-7 deal with the lead up and assault of Kralkatorrik.

>

>

> Pretty sure that weapon was the dragonsblood spear we broke

The story does treat it as such, but if so, then they created a massive unintentional red herring. The description of "the weapon" doesn't match the Dragonsblood Spear.

Vlast: To hold the weapon is to hold the fate of Tyria in your hands—the power to change the shape of the world.

Vlast: Potent enough to fell the Elder Dragons. Its might should not be taken lightly.

Vlast: It was created so mortals could do the work of dragons, of our line.

Vlast: To combat cataclysmic power and prevent the destruction of all life.

The Dragonsblood Spear is potent enough to fell **an** Elder Dragon, but not _the Elder Dragons_ plural. The spear is arguably capable of doing what "[Vlast's] line" is able to do, but it doesn't really combat cataclysmic power and prevent the destruction of all life or change the shape of the world.

> > Besides which, by the time we get to eastern Vabbi open world, Kralkatorrik has moved on. Ignoring the fact you can't see Kralkatorrik in the sky in the open world,

> Or, you know, hes just in the inaccessible other half of the massive branded blot in Vabbi we can't access.

Except that he's over Kodash Bazaar during the story, and by the dialogue, wasn't lured out but Balthazar went to him, meaning that until that battle he was perched over Kodash Bazaar, and like I said, everything points to Vabbi open world being post-PoF story. From the presence of the Sunspear Sanctuary to the blast marks of Balthazar's death.

The same is so for Desert Highlands and The Sacrifice instance, as we can find the blast marks of Vlasts' death regardless of whether one completes the story step or not.

what I can said considering the last episodes maps locations episode 4 will surely take place in the giant stigmatized crater on the world map.

![](https://i.imgur.com/RhMdWX6.jpg) The place correspond to the description "kralkattorik perched in some mountains, acting strange" by taimi in "eye of the brandstorm". But that's just a supposition, all maps of the 4th season are located under this region. If true, I'm happy to see again a rocky map like draconis/maelstrom mons. Possibilities are infinite.

>

> The story does treat it as such, but if so, then they created a massive unintentional red herring. The description of "the weapon" doesn't match the Dragonsblood Spear.

>

> Vlast: To hold the weapon is to hold the fate of Tyria in your hands—the power to change the shape of the world.

> Vlast: Potent enough to fell the Elder Dragons. Its might should not be taken lightly.

> Vlast: It was created so mortals could do the work of dragons, of our line.

> Vlast: To combat cataclysmic power and prevent the destruction of all life.

I'm also curious about what, exactly, this means:

"You must discover the knowledge to unlock them, Sister. Before he does."

I mean, there wasn't any obstacle in the way of the spear that really warranted such a statement (and Aurene wasn't involved, at any rate).

Edit: Well, I guess if we're being super pedantic, you have to "discover knowledge", in the form of Glint's memories, to reach her lair and get the spear. But then, that isn't a "them". Anyway, it still feels unlikely that he meant that.

> @"perilisk.1874" said:

> I'm also curious about what, exactly, this means:

> "You must discover the knowledge to unlock them, Sister. Before he does."

> I mean, there wasn't any obstacle in the way of the spear that really warranted such a statement (and Aurene wasn't involved, at any rate).

> Edit: Well, I guess if we're being super pedantic, you have to "discover knowledge", in the form of Glint's memories, to reach her lair and get the spear. But then, that isn't a "them". Anyway, it still feels unlikely that he meant that.

yeah 'unlock' suggests something behind a typical magic puzzle.

Notice, the spear inst something that need be "unlocked", but something that just have to be "found" to be used.

[if we go to the charr homelands, that would suggest either jormag reawakens causing fresh devastation across from his traditional territory or we chase kralk back up north for whatever reason. Primordus was put to sleep in the ring of fire and even if he resurfaced, there is no logic in moving back across to areas of lower magic. He will stay close by or move to somewhere he can drain magic/leyline energy from.]

Not necessarily. The Titans were demonic abominations from the Foundry of Failed creations. We could see some remnants of Titans or Fleshreavers or Margonites. All of them are demons. Or perhaps the Charr story-wise should close on a happy note with Ascalon ghosts helping to wipe Kralkatorik since they are immune to being branded.

> Except that he's over Kodash Bazaar during the story, and by the dialogue, wasn't lured out but Balthazar went to him, meaning that until that battle he was perched over Kodash Bazaar

I'm not so sure. You can hear Kralkatorrik from the very early on in the instance, but he doesn't actually come out of the clouds and become visible until you reach the last set of pylons before the warbeast. The Commander's dialogue the first time Kralk roars- "And there's Kralkatorrik, which means we're not too late."- is also ambiguous. It could mean 'and there's the proof that Kralkatorrik's still here, so Balthazar hasn't killed him yet' or 'and there's the sound of the dragon arriving, so Balthazar didn't catch up with him elsewhere.' Without knowing how the Commander knew to go to Kodash, it's difficult to say.

> @"Fenom.9457" said:

> > @"Valik Shin.9027" said:

> > Cantha does makes some sense if we are trying to deal with dragons. Kunnavang is the oldest friendly dragon we know of and if we are going for the "replacing " elder dragon approach perhaps kunnavang I strong enough for the job

>

>

> The player character of GW2 probably doesn’t know about her, though. Not to mention there are surely more “regular” dragons out in the entire world than like what, 5? 6?

I'm not saying that it's common knowledge but surely the information is available. There are canthan descents living in tyria (both humans and tengu) plus tyria heros helped with the fight against shire so surely they mentioned meeting an ancient and powerful dragon. 250 years isn't a short time but the technology level of gw1 is surely advanced enough to preserve suck knowledge for that much time. Also remember that Koss and Talkora are also available to get information from and they spent a great deal of time with the gw1 PC

As for other dragons , I'm sure there are more but we have never seen any that are very powerful