Why are condi mes so annoying to fight?

Jay.3409

It's irritating.. they need to give us a window of time to punish them and make it more obvious not only do you have to deal with how much they can survive or how much they do you have to deal with more factors like tanky firebrands and bunker druids it makes the whole pvp situation unattractive it also promotes less build diversity because you will get pretty much a burden on your team if you want to play anything that's a non meta build

>Does anyone actually have fun fighting against a mesmer?

> July 3, 2018PVP

Same thread basically ...

>Why are condi mes so annoying to fight?

But why you answer your own question?

>condi, 10+ clones, fast cd, mirage cloak.... utility....

Only 2 classes play condi

10 clones? There was 3 or 4 mesmers?

fast cd-n/c

mirage cloak is super annoying ,ill give you that ;)

>can any other class beat how much of annoyance it is to fight a condi mes?

DE for example can be very annoying , depends on class you playing.

Still dont understand point of that thread... If that was 'nerf mesmer' then you are doing it wrong

> @"Flarre.4850" said:

> > @"Arlette.9684" said:

> > > @"Flarre.4850" said:

> > > > @"Arlette.9684" said:

> > > > What’s your latency? Most probs with Mes are due to high latency (Thank ANET).

> > >

> > > Just "lol"

> >

> > What's your latency Jose?

>

> Just "lol" nothing to add bobby.

I understand that you play the current most UP profession in the game, my brother plays it too and I really feel for him and the amount of effort he has to put to do stuff as Ele in comparison to... Well, just about every other profession in the game.

But I assure you that with less than 60 ms (my current ping 200 miles away from ANET servers), you get a very audible audio queue about 1/2 sec before you get shattered for all your health. In fact it’s so audible and recognizable, that the only time I get shattered these days is if I derp when high, am out of dodges/invulns, or get baited and ambushed into it.

Just to make sure I’m not crazy, I performed the same test with my Holo, same results, the only difference being that I either had to pop stun break and immediately dodge or just go elixir S, or even sit on the auto proc to get the cd running. And don’t even get me started on Core Guard.

However if you perform the same test with 200+ ms, which let’s face it, is just about 70% of NA. You don’t hear the audio queue till you’re already downed, you don’t hear the charge up from DJ with full Malice, you just get to see the results, cuz ANET robbed you of the .25 sec time you had to consciously react to the attack, cuz reasons.

Now tell me how is that funny and not tragic?

> @"Arlette.9684" said:

ANET robbed you of the .25 sec time you had to consciously react to the attack, cuz reasons.

>

I have somewhat 50-60 ping BUT most often than not I cant see revealed thief/laser (not talking about shatters even,just preddict watch animation of gs2) . Not always but very often , I get hit by that first and only then thief being revealed. I have that problem sometimes and seems like its not really on my side

> @"Odik.4587" said:

> ANET robbed you of the .25 sec time you had to consciously react to the attack, cuz reasons.

> >

> I have somewhat 50-60 ping BUT most often than not I cant see revealed thief/laser (not talking about shatters even,just preddict watch animation of gs2) . Not always but very often , I get hit by that first and only then thief being revealed. I have that problem sometimes and seems like its not really on my side

>

How many fps do you maintain?

Are you inebriated when you play? Small doses help with focus :wink:

Limit distractions from surroundings, lights etc. The game requires certain level of immersion.

> @"Arlette.9684" said:

> > @"Odik.4587" said:

> > > @"Arlette.9684" said:

> > ANET robbed you of the .25 sec time you had to consciously react to the attack, cuz reasons.

> > >

> > I have somewhat 50-60 ping BUT most often than not I cant see revealed thief/laser (not talking about shatters even,just preddict watch animation of gs2) . Not always but very often , I get hit by that first and only then thief being revealed. I have that problem sometimes and seems like its not really on my side

> >

>

> How many fps do you maintain?

> Are you inebriated when you play? Small doses help with focus :wink:

When I'm on map i have 100+ , ill make screenshot or tell settings later when ill be at home .

> inebriated

wait ...what? I dont like alcohol even ;D

> Limit distractions from surroundings, lights etc. The game requires certain level of immersion.

This dont have to do anything with invisible foes being rendered 1s later after backstabbing/DJ'ing. Legit way to dodge DJ on mesmer from ~1200 range any DJ is spam tab+ illusionary ambush BUT i got killed before that because thief doesnt revealed ,not even when he cast DJ with laser, i got no target to use that skill , neither see bullet itself

(Btw about sound, tried to use fast sound quality instead of highest quality ,zero difference and its all comes with delay)

Condi Mesmers are annoying to fight because someone thought that a class being able to load you with 20+ stacks of torment (which punishes you for moving) and 20+ stacks of confusion (which punishes you for acting) on burst and **guarantee** the burst if you do not have a stunbreak at any point in time _also_ needed to be able to break stuns on dodges and continue casting skills they may have started while dodging, with a dodge mechanic that counts as an invulnerable so there is no way to stop them from dodging.

Someone on the balance team, with a lot of development clout, really likes mesmer.

Regarding "10+ clones", I think I can understand why this apparent misconception exists for some players when fighting against mirage.

Chrono has Time Catches Up - ie one set of clones is going to reach their target very quickly from any range and be removed from the field sooner than with Mirage or Core.

Core obviously doesn't have enough clone generation compared with mirage.

Therefore Mirage "apparently" seems to have more clones on screen "at all times", because unless shattered in melee range the clones from a shatter will exist longer on the field while fresh ones are easier to pop out than core (ie axe 2, sword ambush or even through DE and SD - granted Core has access to DE but mirage makes better use of it).

Now I think getting fresh clones fast is fine, nothing wrong with being able to get 3 new ones out within a couple of seconds through dodge, skills, traited deceptions or phantasm despawns. This is not a problem.

Instead a potential solution regarding "apparent" visual clutter could be in how shattered clones appear before they shatter themselves. Once a shatter has been activated, the clones could be made untargetable or appear different in some way, if they start off at range (of course if they shatter in melee then there's no problem because they immediately remove themselves from the field).

> @"Azure The Heartless.3261" said:

> Condi Mesmers are annoying to fight because someone thought that a class being able to load you with 20+ stacks of torment (which punishes you for moving) and 20+ stacks of confusion (which punishes you for acting) on burst and **guarantee** the burst if you do not have a stunbreak at any point in time _also_ needed to be able to break stuns on dodges and continue casting skills they may have started while dodging, with a dodge mechanic that counts as an invulnerable so there is no way to stop them from dodging.

>

> Someone on the balance team, with a lot of development clout, really likes mesmer.

I wasn't aware that condi mesmer could produce 20+ stacks of torment "on burst" without taking Infinite Horizon, which they couldn't take if they are instead using Elusive Mind to break stun on dodge.

10+ clones, too! Those darn mesmers!

> @"Odik.4587" said:

> > How many fps do you maintain?

> > Are you inebriated when you play? Small doses help with focus :wink:

> > Limit distractions from surroundings, lights etc. The game requires certain level of immersion.

> https://i.imgur.com/MCz2VsX.jpg

>

Yea I had to go over that whole comment exchange as I have no recollection of writing it.

> @"Arlette.9684" said:

> > @"Odik.4587" said:

> > > @"Arlette.9684" said:

> > > How many fps do you maintain?

> > > Are you inebriated when you play? Small doses help with focus :wink:

> > > Limit distractions from surroundings, lights etc. The game requires certain level of immersion.

> > https://i.imgur.com/MCz2VsX.jpg

> >

>

> Yea I had to go over that whole comment exchange as I have no recollection of writing it.

>

Soooooooooooooooooooo? Any great ideas?;)

> @"Odik.4587" said:

> > > @"Odik.4587" said:

> > > > @"Arlette.9684" said:

> > > > How many fps do you maintain?

> > > > Are you inebriated when you play? Small doses help with focus :wink:

> > > > Limit distractions from surroundings, lights etc. The game requires certain level of immersion.

> > > https://i.imgur.com/MCz2VsX.jpg

> > >

> >

> > Yea I had to go over that whole comment exchange as I have no recollection of writing it.

> >

>

> Soooooooooooooooooooo? Any great ideas?;)

I'll let you know the next time I get trashed :wink:

I love how people are complaining about "needing a window to punish" when a good DE will never get locked down, and can virtually always escape back into stealth. While DD has more over all evades.

If you don't see when a mirage has openings it means you are approaching the fight wrong and don't understand it's options nor it's limitations, it is up to you to learn it. Not for A-net to nerf it so you can keep up without putting in an ounce of effort.

If you find mirage annoying to fight strictly because of illusions, illusions are then finally doing their job, to bad high levels players disregard them for the most part because they really don't fool anyone decent.

> @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> > @"Azure The Heartless.3261" said:

> > Condi Mesmers are annoying to fight because someone thought that a class being able to load you with 20+ stacks of torment (which punishes you for moving) and 20+ stacks of confusion (which punishes you for acting) on burst and **guarantee** the burst if you do not have a stunbreak at any point in time _also_ needed to be able to break stuns on dodges and continue casting skills they may have started while dodging, with a dodge mechanic that counts as an invulnerable so there is no way to stop them from dodging.

> >

> > Someone on the balance team, with a lot of development clout, really likes mesmer.

>

> I wasn't aware that condi mesmer could produce 20+ stacks of torment "on burst" without taking Infinite Horizon, which they couldn't take if they are instead using Elusive Mind to break stun on dodge.

>

> 10+ clones, too! Those darn mesmers!

Your attempt to dismiss the strength of being able to put the two conditions that, when put together punish players for taking any action as a mere exaggeration falls flat, especially if it's true that you don't need Elusive Mind slotted to use mirage cloak when stunned. Objectively those two facets are immensely strong.

> @"Azure The Heartless.3261" said:

> > @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> > > @"Azure The Heartless.3261" said:

> > > Condi Mesmers are annoying to fight because someone thought that a class being able to load you with 20+ stacks of torment (which punishes you for moving) and 20+ stacks of confusion (which punishes you for acting) on burst and **guarantee** the burst if you do not have a stunbreak at any point in time _also_ needed to be able to break stuns on dodges and continue casting skills they may have started while dodging, with a dodge mechanic that counts as an invulnerable so there is no way to stop them from dodging.

> > >

> > > Someone on the balance team, with a lot of development clout, really likes mesmer.

> >

> > I wasn't aware that condi mesmer could produce 20+ stacks of torment "on burst" without taking Infinite Horizon, which they couldn't take if they are instead using Elusive Mind to break stun on dodge.

> >

> > 10+ clones, too! Those darn mesmers!

>

> Your attempt to dismiss the strength of being able to put the two conditions that, when put together punish players for taking any action as a mere exaggeration falls flat, especially if it's true that you don't need Elusive Mind slotted to use mirage cloak when stunned. Objectively those two facets are immensely strong.

>

>

>

Whatever. Continue with your ridiculous hyperbole and falsehoods. And no, you can't break stun with dodge without elusive mind. Learn to read.