Engi Rifle 4 Bug

Toron.4856

> @"Odik.4587" said:

> > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> >

> > I wreckon just update the tool tip.

>

> Stop with your dumb ideas right here bud. For barely visible no cast time knock for 3s give it twice range as it used to be? Lets double ranger lb range to have 4-5k range,for fun purposes?

Rangers still out range it and really what's the point of using engie 4 skill if you weren't using it at close range to land a set up?

> @"santenal.1054" said:

> > > @"santenal.1054" said:

> > > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > > @"santenal.1054" said:

> > > > > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > > > > @"Poelala.2830" said:

> > > > > > > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"santenal.1054" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Poelala.2830" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"santenal.1054" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > Why fix it? is it overpowered? when used at 1200 range it's easy enough to dodge.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Because it isn't working as intended. That's why.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > There are quite a few things not working as intended on the engineer class, might as well ask for all of it to be fixed then and not just the things that buff the class. If that is your argument.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > is it a buff though? the enemy has more time to dodge

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Yes it is a buff.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I just never would of thought that giving the enemy more time to dodge and counter play would be considered a buff..

> > > > >

> > > > > You only have more time to dodge when it is used from far away , close range (0-600 range) is still the same as it used to be.

> > > >

> > > > which is exactly my point...

> > >

> > > With buff I mean that the skill can now do more than it used to.

> >

> > I get that, the extra range and all but just looking at the glass half full instead of empty...

> >

>

> Hehe, I agree but as a rifle engi I'm biased. I would like to know if people find the skill in its current form overpowered or not compared to other skills like "Point Blank Shot" and traited "Deflecting Shot".

I don't think so but I think some might.

I think the team is currently busy fixing DE and how it can't kneel and glide at the same time, seen a post somewhere from the Devs that is what they're looking into atm.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Odik.4587" said:

> >

>

> Stop with your dumb ideas right here bud. For barely visible no cast time knock for 3s give it twice range as it used to be? Lets double ranger lb range to have 4-5k range,for fun purposes?

LOL

Compared to Point Blank Shot? Yeah, there's no comparison.

Point Blank Shot flies faster, has no self-knockback, greater range, same cast time... really, it's just better. The only difference is that now overcharged shot can reach 1500 range, but it still flies pretty slowly at that distance. Unless someone is running directly at me, it's exceedingly unlikely to hit at that range.

[Historically, Point Blank shot was at the same range as Overcharged Shot](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Point_Blank_Shot/history "Historically, Point Blank shot was at the same range as Overcharged Shot"), but it got buffed repeatedly to its current range.

> @"sephiroth.4217" said:

For example 1200 range 3s knockdown on enemy while your teammate fight someone? If that make no sense for you why you want them to keep it ?

> @"Vagrant.7206" said:

I didnt compared them but if you want : ranger LB is 1500 range weapon and projectiles travel extra range without actually tracking beyond some distance . Lb4 have cast time and visible warning and clearly visible projectile.

Rifle 4 cure movement impairing conditions , 3seconds knockdown with 'small' drawback as self cc (with stability up no drawback lol),, instant cast ,dont have visible projectile( , pretty much instant at melee).

So funny how much you want it to become permanent that actually hilarious .

As we are here, can we nerf to hell netshot ,that could be used backwards

> @"Odik.4587" said:

> For example 1200 range 3s knockdown on enemy while your teammate fight someone? If that make no sense for you why you want them to keep it ?

> > @"Vagrant.7206" said:

> I didnt compared them but if you want : ranger LB is 1500 range weapon and projectiles travel extra range without actually tracking beyond some distance . Lb4 have cast time and visible warning and clearly visible projectile.

> Rifle 4 cure movement impairing conditions , 3seconds knockdown with 'small' drawback as self cc (with stability up no drawback lol),dont have visible projectile , instant cast .

> So funny how much you want it to become permanent that actually hilarious .

> As we are here, can we nerf to hell netshot ,that could be used when you running in opposite direction of your enemy ?

Balance Patch March 27:

"Net Shot: Fixed a bug that prevented players from being able to fire this skill at targets behind them."

After many years anet said Net Shot was not working as intended (I think it was a made up excuse to just buff it). Surely you dont think net shot is overpowered?

> @"Odik.4587" said:

> For example 1200 range 3s knockdown on enemy while your teammate fight someone? If that make no sense for you why you want them to keep it ?

> I didnt compared them but if you want : ranger LB is 1500 range weapon and projectiles travel extra range without actually tracking beyond some distance . Lb4 have cast time and visible warning and clearly visible projectile.

> Rifle 4 cure movement impairing conditions , 3seconds knockdown with 'small' drawback as self cc (with stability up no drawback lol),dont have visible projectile , instant cast .

> So funny how much you want it to become permanent that actually hilarious .

> As we are here, can we nerf to hell netshot ,that could be used when you running in opposite direction of your enemy ?

Sure, we can do the same to mesmers so that their phantasm shatters don't work when they're running away. If you think a 2s immob is OP... boy, you have a serious perception problem.

Projectile is visible (rifle bullet with orange rings coming out of it), but you apparently have never noticed it. The cast is not instantaneous, despite being listed as such -- it's somewhere in the range of 1/4 to 1/2 a second, and it can get interrupted. Overcharged shot does not track, and yes, it does cure movement impairing conditions for the self-cc. Using a stack of stability is not "no downside" as it makes you more vulnerable to other CC sources.

Overcharged Shot has always been a little unfair in that it's an instant hard ranged cc and the projectile is too fast to dodge, but it wasn't an unbalanced skill.

In fact, Engi rifle has been a pretty weak weapon since HoT was released:

* projectile hate makes it risky

* autoattack damage is terrible

* blunderbuss is good

* jump shot is good aoe damage, but the long animation means it's almost always interrupted or dodged

.. and then we get to overcharged shot. More often than not, this hurt the engi more than its target, since the target would randomly get a reflect aura, aegis, or an auto-proc cc cancel, or the projectile would hit another player or pet/clone, etc. etc.

PoF didn't change this. Rifle is only meta because Holo wants a power weapon and it gets all the dps it needs from Photon Forge, not its weapon.

I guarantee if Holo disappeared tomorrow, Rifle would be considered a bad weapon just like it was before PoF.

**but**.. the range increase is still a bug and it should be fixed

> @"Vagrant.7206" said:

> Sure, we can do the same to mesmers so that their phantasm shatters don't work when they're running away.

Phantasms/clones destroy themselves as they walk away too far from mesmer , ill even quote you 'but you apparently have never noticed it'

>

> If you think a 2s immob is OP... boy, you have a serious perception problem.

Thats only you have perception problem here . Since I meant that bs being used while not looking at what you are shooting ,like things that weaver could use without looking at enemy and run around ,which was fixed.

> **Projectile is visible (rifle bullet with orange rings coming out of it)**, but you apparently have never noticed it. The cast is not instantaneous, despite being listed as such -- it's somewhere in the range of 1/4 to 1/2 a second, and it can get interrupted. Overcharged shot does not track, and yes, it does cure movement impairing conditions for the self-cc.

Interruptable?You mean stow right after u pressed 4? Wow , I guess? You have to land CC ~0.1s after that skill was attempted to use . Its cast time not more than 1/4 for sure ,if not faster ,arcane thieverly feels easier to stow than rifle 4. With amount of quickness engis have now...

At range its intended to work , tracking or not its doesnt matter because speed of projectile is enough to not let sidestep it. So idk how its that relevant .

>Using a stack of stability is not "no downside" as it makes you more vulnerable to other CC sources.

Literally instant 3s knock without any drawback for just 1 stack of stability that comes from corona burst/quickness elixir?

You clearly have perception problems ,not me xD

Wait...thats a guy who think holo is low rewarding class ... Forget what I said

> @"FtoPScrub.5476" said:

> Hilarious how some engineers are trying to justify 1500 range bugged knockback. Guess you gotta do everything in your power to keep your class at the top. What a joke. Even the Mirage mains weren't this delusional.

>

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzsV2P2FTiw

pretty clear there is a bug lol.

is this evidence or proof?

lmao

> Hilarious how some engineers are trying to justify 1500 range bugged knockback. Guess you gotta do everything in your power to keep your class at the top. What a joke. Even the Mirage mains weren't this delusional.

>

who are the engie mains defending the skill out of curiosity? you say others are delusional so im assuming you know for a fact who the engie mains are.... unless you were being delusional too?

> > @"FtoPScrub.5476" said:

> > Hilarious how some engineers are trying to justify 1500 range bugged knockback. Guess you gotta do everything in your power to keep your class at the top. What a joke. Even the Mirage mains weren't this delusional.

> >

> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzsV2P2FTiw

>

> who are the engie mains defending the skill out of curiosity? you say others are delusional so im assuming you know for a fact who the engie mains are.... unless you were being delusional too?

Quite frankly it doesn't matter if you're an engi main or just a rando who thinks mace DH is good. You're nitpicking if you think that's the relevant part of my post. If you justify this shit you're delusional period.

>Best bug ever, I say just change the tool tip and call it fixed.

>Why fix it? is it overpowered? when used at 1200 range it's easy enough to dodge.

And then the people who don't believe this is a bug

>is the tool-tip that is wrong, rifle literately can't hit for 600 only, 1200 seems the right number

>Who are you decide its intent? I mean, "Point Blank Shot" can be used at over 1500 range... for some reason.

Oh wait, you're one of those people justifying it lol

>I wreckon just update the tool tip.

> @"santenal.1054" said:

> > > > > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > > > > @"Poelala.2830" said:

> > > > > > > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"santenal.1054" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Poelala.2830" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"santenal.1054" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > Why fix it? is it overpowered? when used at 1200 range it's easy enough to dodge.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Because it isn't working as intended. That's why.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > There are quite a few things not working as intended on the engineer class, might as well ask for all of it to be fixed then and not just the things that buff the class. If that is your argument.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > is it a buff though? the enemy has more time to dodge

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Yes it is a buff.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I just never would of thought that giving the enemy more time to dodge and counter play would be considered a buff..

> > > > >

> > > > > You only have more time to dodge when it is used from far away , close range (0-600 range) is still the same as it used to be.

> > > >

> > > > which is exactly my point...

> > >

> > > With buff I mean that the skill can now do more than it used to.

> >

> > I get that, the extra range and all but just looking at the glass half full instead of empty...

> >

>

> Hehe, I agree but as a rifle engi I'm biased. I would like to know if people find the skill in its current form overpowered or not compared to other skills like "Point Blank Shot" and traited "Deflecting Shot".

It is 100% stronger than deflecting shot. You need a grand Master trait to even get the knockback. It is also a skill shot (even if the aoe component kinda makes up for it).

Engineer is also the only class that can push downed bodies with their knockback which I find interesting.

While we're on it, can we make blunderbuss LoSable? It's retarded that it goes through walls.

Edit; also remove tracking from the autos, or at least make them not bend around corners.

Toxic reads :astonished:

Some truth bombs:

- Prior to the patch that changed Overcharged Shot, if you used it on an enemy past 600 range the projectile would disappear. Obviously it's a buff in the form of increased options and fewer missed shots due to poor range check.

- Now that it's been changed, we can assume it's a bug, but there's a possibility of the change being an intended, hidden feature that just never got talked about.

Further discussion without a statement from ArenaNet on the skills intent will just go in circles.. it's not unreasonable for Overcharged Shot projectile to fly either 600 or 1200.

Personally, as an engineer main I'm pretty indifferent as to the future of this skill. As stated in the thread I'm sure, the skill is overall less helpful to the Engineer the farther your target is knocked. If you're a player that tries to play optimally, you will be most often using Overcharged shot with stability at close range and attempting combos.

Holo is a top end build that makes use of this skill so I could see ArenaNet erring on the side of taking away helpful bugs/features(?)

> @"Vagrant.7206" said:

> > @"Poelala.2830" said:

> > > Why fix it? is it overpowered? when used at 1200 range it's easy enough to dodge.

> >

> > Because it isn't working as intended. That's why.

>

> Who are you decide its intent?

>

> I mean, "Point Blank Shot" can be used at over 1500 range... for some reason.

PBS is definitely the worst offender when it comes to CC with excessive range.

Engi's rifle KB isn't much better.

>

I think that calling engis delusionals is being pretty nice.

From the same people that brought you "stability is bad on engi because it gets corrupted", "passive invuln is bad on engi, engis hate it", "elixir s is bad because you get burst when you come out of it":

- engi rifle being 1200 range favours the opponent because gives them more time to dodge.

At this point their arguments are just hilarious.

> @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> I think that calling engis delusionals is being pretty nice.

> From the same people that brought you "stability is bad on engi because it gets corrupted", "passive invuln is bad on engi, engis hate it", "elixir s is bad because you get burst when you come out of it":

> - engi rifle being 1200 range favours the opponent because gives them more time to dodge.

>

> At this point their arguments are just hilarious.

>

Yeah.. I have a hard time wrapping my head around the Engineers who called Low Health S 'bad'. However, I can see the argument even if its slightly misguided that maxxing out your 1200 range Overcharged Shot isn't good to intentionally do..

> > @"Poelala.2830" said:

> > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > @"santenal.1054" said:

> > > > > @"Poelala.2830" said:

> > > > > > @"santenal.1054" said:

> > > > > > Why fix it? is it overpowered? when used at 1200 range it's easy enough to dodge.

> > > > >

> > > > > Because it isn't working as intended. That's why.

> > > >

> > > > There are quite a few things not working as intended on the engineer class, might as well ask for all of it to be fixed then and not just the things that buff the class. If that is your argument.

> > >

> > > is it a buff though? the enemy has more time to dodge

> >

> > Yes it is a buff.

>

> I just never would of thought that giving the enemy more time to dodge and counter play would be considered a buff..

I was kneeling on DE today and the engi i was fighting was on the edge of my range ring you get when you kneel and he still knocked me back with that shot. So he was at about 1500 range.

Lucky for me his knockback and mine put me out of his follow up lol

* Ranger longbow spam as well as things like Thief teleports are strong because they are effectively instant and can engage from off-screen even with high FoV settings.

* The "you have time to see it" argument is clearly formulated within a vacuum in which there aren't 9 other players freely spewing a hurricane of visual garbage all over the screen while some lone Engineer trips over a banana peel somewhere in the farthest crevice of the background only to launch somebody from across an entire midfight.

* On top of all this, using Overcharged Shot is effectively an instant action. Everyone plans to stun-break it on initial use which means that the backfield Engineer gets a free, off-screen launch before doing whatever else he planned to do.

And everyone here seems to be arguing over flavor-based name semantics. Is this really just how players think in GW2? I remember playing an absolute metric ton of Engineer in, like, 2013, and always thinking how unfair Overcharged Shot was then even when its base range was like 400. It's about as fair as Steal when all you need to do is walk at (or Jump Shot into) an immobilized target and press 4 for an instant dose of the strongest form of CC in the game.

>

1500 range on a slow moving projectile that knocks the engineer back if it doesn't have stability? Yeah...this is the bug fix we need, ok.

> @"Crab Fear.1624" said:

> > > @"Poelala.2830" said:

> > > > > > @"Poelala.2830" said:

> > > > > > > @"santenal.1054" said:

> > > > > > > Why fix it? is it overpowered? when used at 1200 range it's easy enough to dodge.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Because it isn't working as intended. That's why.

> > > > >

> > > > > There are quite a few things not working as intended on the engineer class, might as well ask for all of it to be fixed then and not just the things that buff the class. If that is your argument.

> > > >

> > > > is it a buff though? the enemy has more time to dodge

> > >

> > > Yes it is a buff.

> >

> > I just never would of thought that giving the enemy more time to dodge and counter play would be considered a buff..

>

> I was kneeling on DE today and the engi i was fighting was on the edge of my range ring you get when you kneel and he still knocked me back with that shot. So he was at about 1500 range.

>

> Lucky for me his knockback and mine put me out of his follow up lol

Just read what he said ...closely... its real range should be 600 BUT EXTEND IT TO 1500 to force you burn dodge ...dodge something shouldnt ever hit you thats not a buff !oneoneone

> @"Vagrant.7206" said:

> > @"Odik.4587" said:

> > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > >

> > > I wreckon just update the tool tip.

> >

> > Stop with your dumb ideas right here bud. For barely visible no cast time knock for 3s give it twice range as it used to be? Lets double ranger lb range to have 4-5k range,for fun purposes?

>

> LOL

>

> Compared to Point Blank Shot? Yeah, there's no comparison.

>

> Point Blank Shot flies faster, has no self-knockback, greater range, same cast time... really, it's just better. The only difference is that now overcharged shot can reach 1500 range, but it still flies pretty slowly at that distance. Unless someone is running directly at me, it's exceedingly unlikely to hit at that range.

>

> [Historically, Point Blank shot was at the same range as Overcharged Shot](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Point_Blank_Shot/history "Historically, Point Blank shot was at the same range as Overcharged Shot"), but it got buffed repeatedly to its current range.

Point Blank Shot has an obvious animation that is easy to dodge. Overcharged Shot is pretty much an instant cc. You won't be able to reactively dodge the projectile in close range.

> @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > > @"Odik.4587" said:

> > > >

> > > > I wreckon just update the tool tip.

> > >

> > > Stop with your dumb ideas right here bud. For barely visible no cast time knock for 3s give it twice range as it used to be? Lets double ranger lb range to have 4-5k range,for fun purposes?

> >

> > LOL

> >

> > Compared to Point Blank Shot? Yeah, there's no comparison.

> >

> > Point Blank Shot flies faster, has no self-knockback, greater range, same cast time... really, it's just better. The only difference is that now overcharged shot can reach 1500 range, but it still flies pretty slowly at that distance. Unless someone is running directly at me, it's exceedingly unlikely to hit at that range.

> >

> > [Historically, Point Blank shot was at the same range as Overcharged Shot](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Point_Blank_Shot/history "Historically, Point Blank shot was at the same range as Overcharged Shot"), but it got buffed repeatedly to its current range.

>

> Point Blank Shot has an obvious animation that is easy to dodge. Overcharged Shot is pretty much an instant cc. You won't be able to reactively dodge the projectile in close range.

... wait, what? PBS' animation is the basically the same as a normal longbow shot, with some windy lines. That's it. The projectile flies much faster than overcharged shot.

PBS used to have the same range as overcharged shot -- you're not supposed to be able to reactively dodge them in close range. That's the point. But unlike PBS, Overcharged Shot does self knockback.

> @"Vagrant.7206" said:

> > @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > > @"Vagrant.7206" said:

> > > > @"Odik.4587" said:

> > > > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > >

> > > > > I wreckon just update the tool tip.

> > > >

> > > > Stop with your dumb ideas right here bud. For barely visible no cast time knock for 3s give it twice range as it used to be? Lets double ranger lb range to have 4-5k range,for fun purposes?

> > >

> > > LOL

> > >

> > > Compared to Point Blank Shot? Yeah, there's no comparison.

> > >

> > > Point Blank Shot flies faster, has no self-knockback, greater range, same cast time... really, it's just better. The only difference is that now overcharged shot can reach 1500 range, but it still flies pretty slowly at that distance. Unless someone is running directly at me, it's exceedingly unlikely to hit at that range.

> > >

> > > [Historically, Point Blank shot was at the same range as Overcharged Shot](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Point_Blank_Shot/history "Historically, Point Blank shot was at the same range as Overcharged Shot"), but it got buffed repeatedly to its current range.

> >

> > Point Blank Shot has an obvious animation that is easy to dodge. Overcharged Shot is pretty much an instant cc. You won't be able to reactively dodge the projectile in close range.

>

> ... wait, what? PBS' animation is the basically the same as a normal longbow shot, with some windy lines. That's it. The projectile flies much faster than overcharged shot.

>

> PBS used to have the same range as overcharged shot -- you're not supposed to be able to reactively dodge them in close range. That's the point. But unlike PBS, Overcharged Shot does self knockback.

"Point Blank Shot has no animation except for the windy lines which are the animation." - Vagrant 2k18

That's exactly what you have to watch out for. Overcharged Shot is an instant cc from close range. Unlike PBS, it has NO animation to reactively dodge.

Regardless, they are two completely different skills. Listing comparisons helps neither side. The fact still stands, Overcharged Shot is bugged and should not have as long of a range as it does currently.