Ascended armor - drop rate in fractals

Hello,

how often do you get ascended armor in fractals? I opened 69 T1, T2, T3, T4 chests (For doing dailies) and got 1 ascended WEAPON box and NONE armor box, tons of useless rings,... Does it happen to you as well or it is not normal and I have only veeery bad luck? I wanted to equip my druid with ascended armor and I thought I could get it from fractals - but - nah, i will have to craft it obviously :( To be honest, chance of getting ascended armor is my biggest motivation to do fractals...

> @"Einsof.1457" said:

> Funny. I always thought fractals was my motivation for getting ascended gear, not the other way around.

Sure :D. I have all asc trinkets/armor/weapons on 3 characters - warr, guardian, ele and with all I can do all fractals :-). So for me is motivation to obtain more ascended gear to equip my druid :)

> @"Sariel.2143" said:

> I wouldnt craft ascended (only for the first set, if you dont have friends to carry you trough T4)

>

> I get around 1-2 weapon or gear boxes every week so guessing you were just unlucky.

>

> If youve got the time just keep going at it till your druid is finished.

>

So you think, it is not worth crafting? With my luck, it may take eternity to fully equip my druid :D

If someone know the drop rate, please share, it would be so nice!

BTW, Do the buffs like MF, Experiment, Gold Find affect the drop rate?

Also, I may got Criticised for this. Is it crazy to allow players with both expansions have ascended trinkets dropped from fractals that have prefix stats for that Expansions? Only Berserker and Assassin is worth the keep atm. Core stats are such!

I have long since lost track of the number of chests opened in Fractals and have never seen an ascended drop other than rings with stats for which I had no use. Only seeing the drops my guildmate party members link in chat allow me to believe that ascended armor and weapons actually drop in Fractals.

> @"Arafel.6895" said:

> Hello,

> how often do you get ascended armor in fractals? I opened 69 T1, T2, T3, T4 chests (For doing dailies) and got 1 ascended WEAPON box and NONE armor box, tons of useless rings,... Does it happen to you as well or it is not normal and I have only veeery bad luck? I wanted to equip my druid with ascended armor and I thought I could get it from fractals - but - nah, i will have to craft it obviously :( To be honest, chance of getting ascended armor is my biggest motivation to do fractals...

The rates for getting some sort of ascended weapon or armor is about 9% from a single T4, half that if you only do the daily on a T3, and much less if you stick to only T2 or T1. The chance of getting ascended gear of any sort from the recommended T1-3 is no better (and no worse) than it is from any other part of the game, that is essentially a tad better than zero.

That makes it common to go 9 days or more without any ascended armor or weapon, and sometimes as long as over a month.

I crafted maybe 10 pieces of ascended armor myself. I geared all 9 of my characters (55 odd pieces, I lost count of what dropped where) in Ascended Armor, mostly from fractal drops. I think I've only crafted 2-3 weapons too. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I have a bank tab full of boxes/random weapons. RNG is RNG.

> @"Imperadordf.2687" said:

> > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > @"Imperadordf.2687" said:

> > > I get some useless rings once a week, never got an armor nor weapon box in years.

> >

> > How often do you do the daily T4 fractals?

>

> 3-4 times a week, why?

So you've done all three T4 dailies over 90 times this year without a single ascended armor or weapon box? That's so far from statistically likely that it's worth reporting to ANet. The median is about 9 days without a drop and 50 days of triple dailies without a drop only happens 1:10000 times.

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> The chance of getting the ascended boxes is decent but still fairly impractical to try to fully gear that way unless you figure out how to wear you shoes as a coat ...

It's by design though. They lowered the rate on coats, pants and one other (i forget which probably helm) so that people are incentivized to craft. I can't blame them for wanting to have crafting remain relevant as it should be since it is part of keeping a healthy economy.