more than one of the same novelty on account

Its the same thing like adding dyes and skins to the wardobe. Only 1 pice is needed. What about the dublicates?

I bought more than one magic carpet and riding broom for my chars.

I remember double dyes were changed in unident. dyes years ago.

Is it possible to change double items in a novelty box like the on on the shop?

> @"Kyra De Sade.4659" said:

> Its the same thing like adding dyes and skins to the wardobe. Only 1 pice is needed. What about the dublicates?

> I bought more than one magic carpet and riding broom for my chars.

>

> I remember double dyes were changed in unident. dyes years ago.

> Is it possible to change double items in a novelty box like the on on the shop?

There were only a few occasions when ANet has done something for those who have owned duplicates prior to a major change:

* Twice-told Legend, a 25-point AP boost for those who happened to have unlocked duplicates for dual-wielding (it has since become something for other people, too)

* Dyes: as you noted, ANet completely disrupted the dye market by generating millions of unID dyes for those who had unlocked on multiple accounts.

* Commander tags: ANet offered a refund to people who owned 3+ tags when those became account bound.

* Shared Inventory: ANet offered refunds to people who (a) bought shared inventory slots and (b) recently (as in during the previous month) bought a second something with gems from the BLTC.

Note that they did not offer anything for people who had unlocked duplicates of any other weapon|armor|back skin, they never offered refunds for purchases made more than a month earlier, and generally, they've only rarely made any sort of accommodation. Their reasoning has always been that once we've had reasonable opportunity, the cost is fully "amortized" and no longer has any refund value.

Given that history, I wouldn't expect anyone who owns duplicate kites or carpets etc to get any sort of in-store credit.

If they do do something, I see something like a trade-in vendor when you can trade the dupes in for gold or making them sellable on the TP. To not fix this would be interesting for Arenanet as this could easily make people wary of buying anything on the TP if there's a chance in the future it winds up as a tab. I for one, would be a bit miffed about it.

> @"miraude.2107" said:

> If they do do something, I see something like a trade-in vendor when you can trade the dupes in for gold or making them sellable on the TP. To not fix this would be interesting for Arenanet as this could easily make people wary of buying anything on the TP if there's a chance in the future it winds up as a tab. I for one, would be a bit miffed about it.

There's already people wary of buying anything, because, as noted above, this has happened before and will happen again. It's happened both for things in the gem shop, things on the TP, and things that have changed methods of acquisition.

Fortunately, we now have shared inventory slots so it's unlikely that there's anything that people would buy _twice_, without noticing the mistake and correcting it before much time has passed.

They won't "fix" this because it's not a bug or a game stopping issue. It's an annoyance to a small subset of players (including, sometimes, myself).

> @"kaat.8237" said:

> When the unbreakable harvesting tools went account bound, wasn't there a trade in period for multible copies of them too? A buy back from a vendor?

No that was just to turn soulbound tools into the account bound version.

They may have given refunds to people who bought tools 1-3 weeks before they went account bound I dont remember that to be honest.

> @"TexZero.7910" said:

> They'll probably add a vendor like they did before for townclothes i think ?

> Let you trade them in and pick something for a novelty box or something.

I doubt it. I still have an extra copper-fed sitting around, and they've never offered any sort of trade in. Just one example. Unbreakable tools is another good example.