Why Nerf Condi Rev?

> @"Blackdagger.9670" said:

> who kitten would play condi rev in a serious match?

> omg, try to learn to play meta herald. like a decent player should do.

> your fault, really.

My fault that it's taken me to legend for more seasons than you've probably even played bud. Not my fault that no one else knows how to play it.

Also no reason to nerf it considering no one was complaining about it.

-Rev of Boa

> @"Healingz R Us.7240" said:

> Taking away the stability trait in herald has made condi rev unplayable.

>

> Coming from someone that has almost 5,000 games on condi rev.

>

> -Rev of Boa

Ya.. it is completely dead ? in sPvP. It has been dead though since early PoF. This was adding insult to injury.

> @"otto.5684" said:

> > @"Healingz R Us.7240" said:

> > Taking away the stability trait in herald has made condi rev unplayable.

> >

> > Coming from someone that has almost 5,000 games on condi rev.

> >

> > -Rev of Boa

>

> Ya.. it is completely dead ? in sPvP. It has been dead though since early PoF. This was adding insult to injury.

False. Rev has been meta for at least 2 seasons. In NA the top 2 players on the leaderboard last season are revenants.

> Taking away the stability trait in herald has made condi rev unplayable.

>

> Coming from someone that has almost 5,000 games on condi rev.

>

> -Rev of Boa

My guess is that it was not their intention to kill your build. Sucks to hear from an experienced condi rev that this is the impact it had. However the stab trait in herald was consistently complained about because it had no inherent synergy with the traitline itself. This trait was nice if you took Retri or Jalis, but if not it was a very misplaced ans random trait. Personally I would have liked them to keep it and add some sort of Stab proc "when X" trait to make it synergize with itself and justify its position in Herald, but oh well.

I dont why you complaining. Power shiro doesnt need stability why would you need that trait even for condi. Only synergizes when you take retribution but if you take it rev becomes weak af anyways. Invocation always > retribution. You have a lot of stun breaks too anyways. Also you now get damage reduction from resistance and with high boon uptime you can have resistance all the time. Just need to theory craft a good build right now. Condi rev has a lot of potential and when i say rev i mean herald. Renegade is trash tier all day every day.

> > @"Blackdagger.9670" said:

> > who kitten would play condi rev in a serious match?

> > omg, try to learn to play meta herald. like a decent player should do.

> > your fault, really.

>

> My fault that it's taken me to legend for more seasons than you've probably even played bud. Not my fault that no one else knows how to play it.

>

> Also no reason to nerf it considering no one was complaining about it.

>

> -Rev of Boa

NA, right?

=)

> @"Poelala.2830" said:

> > @"otto.5684" said:

> > > @"Healingz R Us.7240" said:

> > > Taking away the stability trait in herald has made condi rev unplayable.

> > >

> > > Coming from someone that has almost 5,000 games on condi rev.

> > >

> > > -Rev of Boa

> >

> > Ya.. it is completely dead ? in sPvP. It has been dead though since early PoF. This was adding insult to injury.

>

> False. Rev has been meta for at least 2 seasons. In NA the top 2 players on the leaderboard last season are revenants.

Condi rev. That is what this op was talking about and the name of this thread..

> @"Blackdagger.9670" said:

> > @"Healingz R Us.7240" said:

> > > @"Blackdagger.9670" said:

> > > who kitten would play condi rev in a serious match?

> > > omg, try to learn to play meta herald. like a decent player should do.

> > > your fault, really.

> >

> > My fault that it's taken me to legend for more seasons than you've probably even played bud. Not my fault that no one else knows how to play it.

> >

> > Also no reason to nerf it considering no one was complaining about it.

> >

> > -Rev of Boa

>

> NA, right?

>

> =)

There have hardly been any players that made it to legend in NA though. I think there might have been some seasons where no one did, too, but don't quote me on that. XD

> @"Abelisk.4527" said:

> > @"Dark Knight.6294" said:

> > @"Abelisk.4527" no lol

>

> 33% ***outgoing*** boon duration and some random burst of boons

> Wow... so helpful... especially since Firebrand does the same thing but better? lol

Maybe a firebrand isn't always there...

What we get instead:

- In Glint, extend duration of boons on you by 2 seconds. Yay?

- In Shiro, ignorable lifesteal healing 100 per hit 1s ICD, and 2 boon rip that has a cast time and is not tied to any CC, damage, or condition. In other words, a complete open punishment frame for anyone around the rev.

I'd trade that stupid shit for old One With Nature any day.

We lost:

- 50% guaranteed fury uptime

- 8 might due to Incensed Response

- Permanent swiftness (it's a lot less permanent now)

- ~25% protection uptime

> @"Nash.3974" said:

> Are you serious? They literally buffed condi rev, you now can stack damage reduction to 100% with the new corruption trait ‘demonic resistance'

> Have you even read the patch notes?

You'll be doing practically no damage without Abyssal Chill, which you'll have to give up to take Demonic Resistance.

100% damage reduction is fine and dandy, but also look at everything it takes to get there.

*Resistance - sometimes up when it's not stripped

*Protection - sometimes up when it's not stripped (more up time than resistance though)

*Dwarf trait proc - 5 seconds of 50% damage reduction (90 second CD)

*Hardening Persistence and damage reduction when you have stab are minimal and unreliable

*10% damage reduction from outside of 360 range from Close Quarters is meh whatever

All of this to accomplish what is essentially a block for a short time. If this is the basis around which your condi rev stands, then I'm sorry to say you won't be much of an asset in the fight.

> @"Les.4872" said:

> I dont why you complaining. Power shiro doesnt need stability why would you need that trait even for condi. Only synergizes when you take retribution but if you take it rev becomes weak af anyways. Invocation always > retribution. You have a lot of stun breaks too anyways. Also you now get damage reduction from resistance and with high boon uptime you can have resistance all the time. Just need to theory craft a good build right now. Condi rev has a lot of potential and when i say rev i mean herald. Renegade is trash tier all day every day.

Power shiro isn't what we're talking about here. You can put out a ton of damage from condi rev (herald/demon) while using Retribution. I've been there and done it for a ton of seasons.

Stun breaks are great and all from Invo, but power rev still takes the cake on breaking stuns. Taking Ret with condi rev and gaining the extra stab up-time from Herald gave condi rev the bruiser ability to be in a team fight, doing decent damage, and provide a lot of team buffs as well. (Resistance, clearing condis, Protection spam, other boons, some healing)

With the lack of viable stun breaks in Glint/Mally, it only takes one stun to take down a condi rev, and we're sitting in a world of CC right now.

As far as the damage reduction goes, see my previous comment.

GRANTED - I've worked out a build that has been doing decent and have much less of a complaint. I definitely enjoy the speed boost. More mobility is always welcome on condi rev way.

-Rev of Boa

> @"Nash.3974" said:

> Are you serious? They literally buffed condi rev, you now can stack damage reduction to 100% with the new corruption trait ‘demonic resistance'

> Have you even read the patch notes?

This is wrong on so many levels.

First, damage reduction works multiplicatively not additively. So.. you do not just add the numbers up...

Second, have you heard of boon strip? It currently plagues the game.

Third, since you read the patch notes and now you are so knowledgeable, do you know that this trait compete with Abyssal Chill right? The trait is key for condi rev (already terrible in PvP) damage.

Lastly, in your infinite wisdom, you skipped most of the patch notes and posts in this thread that mention the removal of stability from Herald. If you are knowledgeable of how condi rev operates in sPvP at any level, you will understand why stability was key for a melee class with long cast times.

No, condi rev most definitely was not buffed. The demonic resistance trait is not a factor.