We Need More MOVING BOATS!

Yup, we definitely need more moving boats! Here is an awesome idea: Under the Rata Sum cube, why not create a boat ride from the harbor to under the cube, instead of kicking players in prison? Would only require to remove a little part of the water dam to allow the boat to cross it! :D

> @"Eidolonemesis.5640" said:

> > @"Radjan Majere.4208" said:

> > To the OP's title comment - Seconded. Discovering the boat on accident and riding it around was one of my more fond memories of this year's event. They don't need to be everywhere, mind you, or they'd stop being special when you stumble upon them. Definitely going the look for the Sandswept Isles one now.

>

> Well, of course more moving boats shouldn't be 'everywhere', as that would a bit exaggerate, but considering the amount of open water there is in the game, yea, more moving boats would be awesome for players to hop on for leisure travel.

Not just leisure. For a low level character I can think of certain routes where a boat would literally be a lifesaver.

> @"Grampybone.3716" said:

> Wow I missed this :( Was it like a boat tour with a guide/storyteller? If so, I'm amazed about what the ArenaNet adds to the game. This kind of things are the details that make a game special. I hope I won't miss it next time! Four Winds Festival 2019, noted on my agenda!

The Festival of the Four Winds boat ride was a sailboat with chairs on-deck that your could actually sit in. Very tranquil, since the area resembles a vacation island spot. (The island where the "tour" started also contained a beach party tent... folks sunning themselves by day, and rocking out at night). There was a boat pilot, but no guide. I often played my in-game instrument for myself and other passengers.

I made it down to the Sandswept Isles zone and found the boat ride there. It begins in the lower left corner (SW) of the map. This boat is a big canoe, and has a Charr cub in the back who I guess is steering the thing. It will give you an idea how the Four Winds boat operated, but it isn't as nice. No "sittable" seats. And it is often rainy down there. I tried plopping my "Chairs of the World" reward seat down in the boat, and it takes a little work to keep it from tipping. Then it has more tipping issues when passing under the low walkways along the route. So unless they can resolve this behavior, we might not get a "fishing chair".

> @"Mithos.9023" said:

> I had the feeling that Lions Arch needs more boats. I mean it is the biggest harbour in tyria and has not one ship. Just think about it, a galeon slowly being drawn in and landing on the new port. That would add to the feel of lions arch as probably nothing else.

![](https://i.imgur.com/kr84UW7.png "")

Correction, it has ONLY one ship. :P

Unless you count this little guy:

![](https://i.imgur.com/BFXucJ1.png "")

I agree, though, it needs a lot more boats.

Many places with large bodies of water could benefit from having boats, barges, canoes and other ships traveling around for flavor:

* Queensdale

* Kessex

* Metrica

* Caledon

* Gendarran

* Harathi

* Bloodtide Coast

* Sparkfly Feb

* Mount Maelstrom

* Timberline

* Frostgorge Sound

* Sotuhsun Cove

* Draconis Mons

* Ember Bay

* Siren's Landing

* Crystal Oasis

* Istan

* Rata Sum

* Lion's Arch

As for fishing, I would prefer it was its own thing, but that it would be doable while on a chair and while riding a mount.

Imagine riding a skimmer to the middle of a lake, then taking out your fishing rod to start the fishing minigame there.

> @"MithranArkanere.8957" said:

> Many places with large bodies of water could benefit from having boats, barges, canoes and other ships traveling around for flavor:

>

> * Queensdale

> * Kessex

> * Metrica

> * Caledon

> * Gendarran

> * Harathi

> * Bloodtide Coast

> * Sparkfly Feb

> * Mount Maelstrom

> * Timberline

> * Frostgorge Sound

> * Sotuhsun Cove

> * Draconis Mons

> * Ember Bay

> * Siren's Landing

> * Crystal Oasis

> * Istan

> * Rata Sum

> * Lion's Arch

>

> As for fishing, I would prefer it was its own thing, but that it would be doable while on a chair and while riding a mount.

>

> Imagine riding a skimmer to the middle of a lake, then taking out your fishing rod to start the fishing minigame there.

Oh, I wasn't talking about actual fishing. There's a fishing raft out in the water near Greater Divinity Dam that would be cool to have as a moving boat.

https://imgur.com/a/5xJ1CZj

WvW on flyign islands over land map, and underground map as well, and guild ships... figthing for treasures and castles....

Take my money..... (i know will never happen in this game dont need to remember ^^)

Meanwhile cantha expantion, includes water maps with mobs and even ship bosses....Ahoyyyyyy.

Meanwhile flying and water ships skins on TP...

I'm totally down for more boats!

Silly, unnecessary things like these are a ton of fun and breathe a fresh air of immersion into the game world. They offer a nice break from all the killing and fighting, and are wonderful places to gather around for meetings, such as the now-epic party barge.

And, who knows, maybe it could work as a testing ground for Xpac 3's epic team-based ship battles on the open sea ;) (Guns of Icarus anyone?)

> @"juhani.5361" said:

> > @"MithranArkanere.8957" said:

> > Many places with large bodies of water could benefit from having boats, barges, canoes and other ships traveling around for flavor:

> >

> > * Queensdale

> > * Kessex

> > * Metrica

> > * Caledon

> > * Gendarran

> > * Harathi

> > * Bloodtide Coast

> > * Sparkfly Feb

> > * Mount Maelstrom

> > * Timberline

> > * Frostgorge Sound

> > * Sotuhsun Cove

> > * Draconis Mons

> > * Ember Bay

> > * Siren's Landing

> > * Crystal Oasis

> > * Istan

> > * Rata Sum

> > * Lion's Arch

> >

> > As for fishing, I would prefer it was its own thing, but that it would be doable while on a chair and while riding a mount.

> >

> > Imagine riding a skimmer to the middle of a lake, then taking out your fishing rod to start the fishing minigame there.

>

> Oh, I wasn't talking about actual fishing. There's a fishing raft out in the water near Greater Divinity Dam that would be cool to have as a moving boat.

>

> https://imgur.com/a/5xJ1CZj

Yeah. Many NPCs have fishing rods as a bundle they hold. The model is already done, so we may as well have more uses for it.

An actual fishing minigame with masteries, collections and crafting recipes for types of bait and the like needs to be added eventually, but in the meantime, the [sunken Chests](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sunken_Chest "Sunken Chest") could have a chance to drop a tradable Fishing rod [Held Item](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Held_item "Held Item").

Then, the fishing rod Held Item could be made usable while standing, while sitting and while riding a mount, to make the character hold the fishing rod and whistle or hum every now and then.

That would certainly make sunken chests more interesting, while also having a new toy for the brand new system.

SAB also had the short raft ride...

A story chapter or repeatable event, on a jungle boat, like a cheesy theme-park ride would be pretty fun. Where we both fight on the boat, and disembark to search for things needed for the quest, then hop back on to the next spot.... maybe an underwater temple.. to find a lost tribe of Tyria.

Plus, We could have flying boats, boat gliders, a boat mount... OOH Boat Tonics! WE could BE the boats!... Boats, boats, boats!

Sorry, I went a little OVERBOARD.. I'd actually love a simple paddle boat!