Condense WvW into 3 tiers only to solve population issue.

ChronosCosmos.9450

T4 was so bad that JQ took first place once and 2nd a couple of times and all of their guilds left that server. Link all servers except for BG. Pretty sure that everyone would enjoy this since it will be more populated. I'm in BG and I know that we have enough to contend for T2 which is better than some linked servers who are in a lower tier. If a server can contend in T2 by themselves; then they shouldn't be linked.

i am all for alliance but when?

i dont mind how things are right now, but it will for players to adjust. transfer to servers where there activities in your timezone. (probably what anet will do for now, which is do nothing).

and doing what i suggest to reset stuff needs reasuring players that it will be ok. (most good imo, prior to alliance, but may cost anet some cash).

i was going to start this topic but u already did :D. t4 is a ghost town out side of 2 hours at sea of jq ktraining with 60 people. and sbi has a little bit of NA prime, db is literally dead and needs to be replaced next relink. any one who likes this the way it is must of never played good wvw or is on some fat server farming dead ones in low tiers

ques just mean u have people to play with, i dont think people realize how dead it is in t4 each host server has barely 3 to 5 guilds across all time zones for the week. seems super easy thing to do for now condense to 3 tiers before more people leave the mode. and telling some one to transfer to the top is part of the problem of this mode

> @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > Still inferior and temporary fix compared to dynamic tiers under the alliance system.

>

> So sit on our hands until then?

>

> OP is right, it's time for more downsizing

I would guess they could remove three more hosts.

Never said they wouldnt.

> @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> There would be a issue of queues :\ and the ones on reset nights would be a pain -~-

>

> IMO nothing can be done until Anet launches the servers rebrand called "alliances"... only after that-

>

Well I agree nothing should be done until alliances are released.

But queues are normal during reset night. More like you will have more commanders on each server with 3 tiers, so you can queue on more maps. 30 man queue on the least popular map is very managable during reset night.

Queues would pull people into WvW, same as having more commanders.

> @"Threather.9354" said:

> > @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > There would be a issue of queues :\ and the ones on reset nights would be a pain -~-

> >

> > IMO nothing can be done until Anet launches the servers rebrand called "alliances"... only after that-

> >

> Well I agree nothing should be done until alliances are released.

>

> But queues are normal during reset night. More like you will have more commanders on each server with 3 tiers, so you can queue on more maps. 30 man queue on the least popular map is very managable during reset night.

>

> Queues would pull people into WvW, same as having more commanders.

Maybe WvW needs to change since its more towards alliances and guilds.

That's doesn't stop people from bandwagoning and stacking, then screw everything up once again.

All current logical solutions to current system are not sustainable because of selfish human factors.

It would be better for human themselves to stand up against such selfish behaviors before asking for logical solutions.

> @"ChronosCosmos.9450" said:

> T4 was so bad that JQ took first place once and 2nd a couple of times and all of their guilds left that server. Link all servers except for BG. Pretty sure that everyone would enjoy this since it will be more populated. I'm in BG and I know that we have enough to contend for T2 which is better than some linked servers who are in a lower tier. If a server can contend in T2 by themselves; then they shouldn't be linked.

Why do you care so much about time zones you don't play? Are you a fight guild? Do you need off hours to move you up tiers so you feel relevant?

> @"Threather.9354" said:

> > @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > There would be a issue of queues :\ and the ones on reset nights would be a pain -~-

> >

> > IMO nothing can be done until Anet launches the servers rebrand called "alliances"... only after that-

> >

> Well I agree nothing should be done until alliances are released.

>

> But queues are normal during reset night. More like you will have more commanders on each server with 3 tiers, so you can queue on more maps. 30 man queue on the least popular map is very managable during reset night.

>

> Queues would pull people into WvW, same as having more commanders.

Imagine if ANet reset the match every 3 or 4 days instead of 7 days ... WvW population / participation doubles ... don't want players spending twice as much in game, do you?

:mindblown:

> @"shiri.4257" said:

> > @"ChronosCosmos.9450" said:

> > T4 was so bad that JQ took first place once and 2nd a couple of times and all of their guilds left that server. Link all servers except for BG. Pretty sure that everyone would enjoy this since it will be more populated. I'm in BG and I know that we have enough to contend for T2 which is better than some linked servers who are in a lower tier. If a server can contend in T2 by themselves; then they shouldn't be linked.

>

> Why do you care so much about time zones you don't play? Are you a fight guild? Do you need off hours to move you up tiers so you feel relevant?

I don't care about timezones or the moving up the ladder lol. It gets so boring when their is only activity for 2 hours a day in WvW during NA prime. Before and after that most tiers are a ghost town. Even playing in T2 in BG is a ghost town before and after NA prime. Also I didn't mention anything about timezones in my original post and I even said that BG shouldn't get a link. I just want WvW to be more populated.

I went to my alt on SBI to find fights, but it's even worst there. The only option for me was to play my alt on Whiteside Ridge(an EU server).

> @"SkyShroud.2865" said:

> That's doesn't stop people from bandwagoning and stacking, then screw everything up once again.

>

> All current logical solutions to current system are not sustainable because of selfish human factors.

>

> It would be better for human themselves to stand up against such selfish behaviors before asking for logical solutions.

That's true. People still stack servers these days? There is no reward for doing so other than PPT bragging rights lol...

> @"Blockhead Magee.3092" said:

> Merging servers would buy a little time before we end up in the same bad server balance we're in now. I'd rather they keep their resources focused on alliances in the hopes that is a better long term solution.

Pretty much this.

When teams start to jump from project to project that's when things stop working and alto of stuff wont end how was planned for sure.

> @"ChronosCosmos.9450" said:

> > @"SkyShroud.2865" said:

> > That's doesn't stop people from bandwagoning and stacking, then screw everything up once again.

> >

> > All current logical solutions to current system are not sustainable because of selfish human factors.

> >

> > It would be better for human themselves to stand up against such selfish behaviors before asking for logical solutions.

>

> That's true. People still stack servers these days? There is no reward for doing so other than PPT bragging rights lol...

A large contingent moved onto SoR after the last linking and likely will push them to being a host server when new linkings take place. Since they are technically a link server, they are paired currently with another host server in HoD.

Likely when relinkings happen, another mass move will happen again. The question is, who will be the next victim err.. beneficiary.

It's happened at the last two relinkings.

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> Still inferior and temporary fix compared to dynamic tiers under the alliance system.

whocares about alliance its still maybe 1 years away. Majority of us will be playing new mmo game next year anyway. Current population doresnt support 4 tiers which should be taken care of right away.

find a few friends, stleast 3, and stick together. do wvw and transfer around together. this wvw isnt fun playing alone.

you can make the money to transfer, do some pve.

you gonna wait for anet to fix things? that be months. or years. and even then if you got no one watching ur back, or you not watching others back, you will not enjoy what wvw has to offer.

unless you solo player.

=p