Why did you bring back the Dragon Emblem Shirt?

Nihevil.8024

> @"JustTrogdor.7892" said:

> > @"Fenom.9457" said:

> > > @"JustTrogdor.7892" said:

> > > > @"Fenom.9457" said:

> > > >

> > > > > Now little ol Billy that has been playing for 2 months has the same item I received at your booth I drove 8 hours to attend the event,

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > wait, wait is there a way to get it in game now!?!??!?!

> > > >

> > >

> > > Not in game. See the Kung Fu Tea thread. It is a promotion you can get a code for as well as a Heroic Edition code for installing the KFT app and linking it to a social media account. Currently the promotion has not been working for a lot of people as it seems the KFT app is having technical difficulties.

> >

> >

> > Wait so we need the app AND some social media crap?

>

> Yes.

hmm is a youtube/google thing enough? I hate when ppl try to force this stuff on you

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Fenom.9457" said:

> > @"JustTrogdor.7892" said:

> > > @"Fenom.9457" said:

> > > > @"JustTrogdor.7892" said:

> > > > > @"Fenom.9457" said:

> > > > >

> > > > > > Now little ol Billy that has been playing for 2 months has the same item I received at your booth I drove 8 hours to attend the event,

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > wait, wait is there a way to get it in game now!?!??!?!

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Not in game. See the Kung Fu Tea thread. It is a promotion you can get a code for as well as a Heroic Edition code for installing the KFT app and linking it to a social media account. Currently the promotion has not been working for a lot of people as it seems the KFT app is having technical difficulties.

> > >

> > >

> > > Wait so we need the app AND some social media crap?

> >

> > Yes.

>

> hmm is a youtube/google thing enough? I hate when ppl try to force this stuff on you

>

No. As I mentioned earlier there is a thread you can read for more details on how to get the codes, "Kung Fu Tea".

> @"Nihevil.8024" said:

> > @"Tyger.1637" said:

> > And here we go... again.

> >

> > 6 years. Is that not enough 'exclusivity'? And what have you go against 'little ol Billy'? What did that kid ever do to you? He's just a child, dagnamit!

>

> I have nothing to show for that's prestigious of my 6 years of playing this game besides that shirt and a hairless hat that they never updated I received during the headstart. My main was literally created a minute after headstart launch. Every ingame event that had exclusive rewards over the years has been re-released in the game in black lion chests.

Logging in at release, or even headstart, is not an "accomplishment". And they re-release things because no one wants to start playing a game where everything is locked out because they were playing or doing something else at launch. Like being deployed, or had a kid, etc. Logging in the second servers went live, which I did, does not make us special and it does not mean we support Anet better than new players. If getting the ballcap from launch convinces someone to download and play, and eventually support the game...it's good for the game. They may even spend more than current players just because they are trying to catch up. THEY ARE PIXELS...people need to get over themselves.

As long as they leave the Celebration Hat out of it I say let all the latecomers have whatever they want. The hat was given out to celebrate THE LAUNCH of the game (free for a week or 2). It should stay exclusive because like it or not, YOU HAD to be there. The game only launches once ;P PS.....the ball cap looks awesome on Charr and asura where hair doesn't matter.

> @"hugo.4705" said:

> Lokh and fenom: investigate in Kung Fu Tea thread

Thx a lot. Looks like another strange marketing decission following the footsteps of the fake taxi ad and the griffon. Maybe they should add the shirt, the hat and the tonic to the 7th Birthday or something.

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > @"Nihevil.8024" said:

> > Why did you bring back the Dragon Emblem Shirt?

>

> What?! Where??? What did I miss? :o

>

> Edit: [Ahh, dang.](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dragon_Emblem_Clothing_Outfit "Ahh, dang.") And again European players were left out, unless they attended the live stream and got super lucky. :/

I'm pretty sure EU has access to the KFT app and Twitter, Facebook, and/or Instagram.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> I'm pretty sure EU has access to the KFT app and Twitter, Facebook, and/or Instagram.

Present tense? Are they _still_ being given away? (P.S. I stopped using Twitter, Facebook or Instagram some time ago for good reason, but I would have logged in for this special occasion had I known. What's KFT??)

> > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > I'm pretty sure EU has access to the KFT app and Twitter, Facebook, and/or Instagram.

>

> Present tense? Are they _still_ being given away? (P.S. I stopped using Twitter, Facebook or Instagram some time ago for good reason, but I would have logged in for this special occasion had I known. What's KFT??)

Kung Fu Tea.

https://www.kungfutea.com/blog/2018/8/31/guildwars2sweepstakes

However good luck on getting in. There are people, including myself, that have been trying all day to even get the blasted app to work and some have gotten it to after multiple tries. Honestly an extremely poor promo for something like this.

> @"miraude.2107" said:

> Kung Fu Tea.

> https://www.kungfutea.com/blog/2018/8/31/guildwars2sweepstakes

Ahh, the "KFT" mystery is solved - thanks. ;)

> However good luck on getting in. There are people, including myself, that have been trying all day to even get the blasted app to work [...]

I won't install some 3rd party app just for this, especially when it's a brand I have never heard of before. Oh well, guess I will try my luck on eBay then.

> > @"miraude.2107" said:

> > Kung Fu Tea.

> > https://www.kungfutea.com/blog/2018/8/31/guildwars2sweepstakes

>

> Ahh, the "KFT" mystery is solved - thanks. ;)

>

> > However good luck on getting in. There are people, including myself, that have been trying all day to even get the blasted app to work [...]

>

> I won't install some 3rd party app just for this, especially when it's a brand I have never heard of before. Oh well, guess I will try my luck on eBay then.

Wish you luck, they are selling from anywhere between 99 cents to $5 a pop and no guarantee that the codes you get actually work.

Edit: Also most the listings I've been finding are from the same person. They seem to only list 1 or 2 at a time but have been listing them for the whole day now.

> @"Theportalmaster.5026" said:

> > @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > Hate to burst your bubble OP but some guy could have gone to a convention years ago, got a code for that tea shirt, put it on his new account and took a five year break and still had that exclusive shirt because he happened to be at the right place at the right time. This isn't something someone earned by being super dedicated. It was lucky. Lucky he was at that convention. Lucky he was in the right place at the right time to receive that code. Few people are as dedicated as me, but I live in Australia where those were never given away.

> >

> > It doesn't prove you're a loyal dedicated fan. It doesn't prove anything.

>

> Someone could have made an account on launch day, taken a six year break, and logged on the receive all the exclusive skins. I don't think this argument of some people not being "true fans" is a fair one, if we're going to be consistent with other rewards of a similar nature in the game.

Actually you can't log in and receive ALL the exclusive skins. I can receive birthday presents. Doesn't give me living world story skins, collection skins, legendary weapons,. as a quick example. Certainly none of the second generation legendary weapons.

But I'm disagreeing with the whole loyalty I should have unique stuff anyway. I simply don't need to impress other people with what I have in the game, nor do I feel like other people shouldn't have something just because I do.

It's a t-shirt with a GW2 logo, how exclusive should that be? If you ask me it should be included with the deluxe core game. The same with in-game t-shirts for ultimate versions of HoT and PoF.

It's not like it's a t-shirt that reflects your the 1st place winner of the a specific season of PvP. That would and should be exclusive.

> @"Nury.3062" said:

> Edit : And you talk about "little ol Billy that has been playing for 2 months".Let's talk about the "Billy" who played a for a month and acquired the literal power I acquired in 6 years because of the game system that doesn't reward dedication in meaningful way.Someone who joined the game and played for a month can get almost everything I have acquired in 6 years...that's the real problem...not an ugly outfit.

You experienced content that the new players will never get to see, played when pvp was a lot more balanced/fun and WvW being full 24/7 with real communities.

See it that way.

> > I'm pretty sure EU has access to the KFT app and Twitter, Facebook, and/or Instagram.

>

> By the way: "Sweepstakes limited to US residents only." ([source](https://www.kungfutea.com/blog/2018/8/31/guildwars2sweepstakes "source"))

Yes, the sweepstakes is the potluck for deluxe editions or w/e. Literally 3 bullet points down from that quote, “No Purchase necessary for downloadable content.”, which the codes are.

You only need to link a social media account to the KFT app to get the codes for the Heroic Box and the Tshirt Outfit. This can be done globally. I live in the UK and got my codes yesterday.

>

> By the way: "Sweepstakes limited to US residents only." ([source](https://www.kungfutea.com/blog/2018/8/31/guildwars2sweepstakes "source"))

The sweepstakes is to win a Deluxe copy of HoT and PoF, not the t-shirt and heroic edition items. For those you just need to link the app with social media and you can do that from anywhere in the world.

Well, I went through what I call "The Warzone" to get my T-shirt. Gold farmers, bots, shifty-eyed folks, and regular players all bombarding a little app which was not used to so much nonsense...also had to battle the fact that we do not have the greatest of cell phone connections in the house.

And, not only was I finally victorious, the good feeling it left me with was such, that, I went back into the fray to get a code for my husband, who was ready to throw his phone into the wall.

Yes, I am proudly wearing my Dragon T-shirt.

I like its looks, and, I earned it :)

Lisa-who was told by an asura this morning that I have an ugly charr :)

it’s nice that they bring back old stuff. i hated it in wow. (sorry for the bad word) that you can’t obtain items or mounts anymore. in mmo it’s all about show off. blizzard do it all the time. exclusive mounts for some time and only ppl who play 24/7 can get it. or casual like me must buy a raid boost for 100k gold.

i like anet brought back the event of the four winds. even i gambled away much gold. i got some nice titles to be proud with. a casual newb like me who only do simple contend got 3 nice titles. bad that the sanctum sprinter or something didn’t unlock. but i am happy i only play guildwars 2 as mmo now. you can get the best weapons. only gold is needed. in other game i never had the best items cuz no skill or interest. got nevermore in 11 days. but collection 1 i had maybe 40% completed. yes i have a cap from guildwars 2 but don’t use it much because no hair. and mostly play female chars (because female names)

> @"Tasida.4085" said:

> As long as they leave the Celebration Hat out of it I say let all the latecomers have whatever they want. The hat was given out to celebrate THE LAUNCH of the game (free for a week or 2). It should stay exclusive because like it or not, YOU HAD to be there. The game only launches once ;P

Nah. I played since headstart, and I give them permission to re-release the cap too.

Because the wardrobe shift borked my hat and Support wouldn't retrieve it for me. :|

We have a special word in my language for not wanting others to have a thing, even though you may have the same thing and won't lose it. Apparently, there is no direct English translation.

By having played since launch, you got six years more than me of enjoyment from the game. Play the/any game because it is fun, not because you expect to be given something after you played it for X time. Would save you a lot of grief, apparently.