Evades not evading unblocks

Aeolus.3615

> @"Zoid.2568" said:

> Probably intentional as the unblockable skills should be a safe skill to use, and 100% chance to hit. Some thiefs will evade and stealth endlessly and if unblockable skills can't hit them, what will?

Wrong. Unblockables can be dodged with an evade. Otherwise deadeye' s death's judgment would always hit. The hint is in the name.. blocking becomes useless only.. but invun frames, evade frames and even damage negators like endure pain or signet of stone will work on unblockables.

> @"Razi.6031" said:

> > @"Zoid.2568" said:

> > Probably intentional as the unblockable skills should be a safe skill to use, and 100% chance to hit. Some thiefs will evade and stealth endlessly and if unblockable skills can't hit them, what will?

>

> Wrong. Unblockables can be dodged with an evade. Otherwise deadeye' s death's judgment would always hit. The hint is in the name.. blocking becomes useless only.. but invun frames, evade frames and even damage negators like endure pain or signet of stone will work on unblockables.

Don't get too caught up in the jargon. Not all "projectiles" are affected by anti-projectile skills, "burning" doesn't actually burn.

All one can say is that some of the skills labeled as unblockable still seem to hit through evades. It's possible that this is intended, that the skills are incorrectly labeled, that tracing skills can (as they always have) still hit.

So which skills are we talking about and under what circumstances? If you want ANet to fix something, make sure they will be able to reproduce the issue. They have plenty of work already, so they aren't going to look at something as vague as, "some skills sometimes do something unexpected."

The only ones I seem to recollect are guardian's pulls (after you've already been hit with greatsword 5 or dragonhunter's F1) and necromancer's wells (I guess, maybe?). In both cases it is intended behaviour, or so I always thought, and the skills have been working this way for a long time now so there was no "change" to them.

@Airdive.2613 those are ment to work that way, altough u can still block the pull(if isnt unblockable).

Looks somethign needs to be looked at, heard eles can not evade unblcokables as well.

Also been killed yesterday during Rev Sword 3rd skill initial evade i didtn even reached target :D, it was when i started to notice something was off.

Heard some people with ele complainig that some ele evade skill was not working against unblockables as well.

> @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> @Airdive.2613 those are ment to work that way, altough u can still block the pull(if isnt unblockable).

>

> Looks somethign needs to be looked at, heard eles can not evade unblcokables as well.

> Also been killed yesterday during Rev Sword 3rd skill initial evade i didtn even reached target :D, it was when i started to notice something was off.

>

> Heard some people with ele complainig that some ele evade skill was not working against unblockables as well.

If you think something needs to be looked at record it to show where the problem is exactly. When you come saying "yo I dodge but still hit" is hardly helpful to find an issue. If it exists.

> @"segman.3560" said:

> > @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > @Airdive.2613 those are ment to work that way, altough u can still block the pull(if isnt unblockable).

> >

> > Looks somethign needs to be looked at, heard eles can not evade unblcokables as well.

> > Also been killed yesterday during Rev Sword 3rd skill initial evade i didtn even reached target :D, it was when i started to notice something was off.

> >

> > Heard some people with ele complainig that some ele evade skill was not working against unblockables as well.

>

> If you think something needs to be looked at record it to show where the problem is exactly. When you come saying "yo I dodge but still hit" is hardly helpful to find an issue. If it exists.

No worries ill wait until every starts abusing it. (i cant record on this laptop for some reason it is a massive hit on performance).

On side note i would like players to start using ublocables when targets are using evading skills.

Today i have been killed trough Rev staff 4 evade frames all day,, if there something that make damage trough all the evades it is because something m8 be wrong.

Maybe some skills their code borked up on last update.

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> So this is all hearsay without any attempt at actual testing?

ofc not, just asking if some one knows anything about it or noticing something similiar only that.

Being killed trough intial unrealenting assault initial evade frames is not a normal thing, but i dont know if u know that :)

Tho, now im thinking i could had taken a ss of the hit that went trough the evades on combat log, if i had checked that :|

Actually I've been hit during the initial shadowstep of Unrelenting Assault many times ... by normal attacks that are definitely blockable. In fact that happened right after my previous post.

After testing with arc for the combat log it becomes obvious what is happening. Using Unrelenting Assault actually causes two entries to show up. First one does no damage or hit but has a roughly 0.80s activation time . Second does 5 hits but 0s activation time and last for around 1s.

The evades is only active once you have successfully activated the skill. This also explains the weird discrepancy between activation time and evade time in the tooltip.

> @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> The only time I have experienced this, is with DH spear of justice. If you don't evade the initial spear, they can pull you mid-evade.

Yeah thats known :) still the pull can be blocked ~:D or avoided with stab.

I actually used to pull players vertically to have the die from fall damage >_> if they jump from wall on the other side, if managed to hit with f1 spear and they drop down, the momment they passed trough the slople on walls before it, a pull on that momment would pull back the target vertically :\-

> @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > The only time I have experienced this, is with DH spear of justice. If you don't evade the initial spear, they can pull you mid-evade.

>

> Yeah thats known :) still the pull can be blocked ~:D or avoided with stab.

Wait, the actual pull can be blocked? Cuz the initial spear is unblockable.

This can happen with the change to the necro trait as well. Not sure if it's been updated/fixed.

Lingering Curse: The condition damage gained from this trait has been increased from 150 to 200. This trait also changes Feast of Corruption into a new, area-affecting version called Devouring Darkness.

Everyone has to dodge this unblockable thing, not just the target which is counter intuitive.

> @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > > The only time I have experienced this, is with DH spear of justice. If you don't evade the initial spear, they can pull you mid-evade.

> >

> > Yeah thats known :) still the pull can be blocked ~:D or avoided with stab.

>

> Wait, the actual pull can be blocked? Cuz the initial spear is unblockable.

Only the initial is unblockable , usually i tended to hit mace 3 or shield 4 to avoid getting pulled. (duno how it is now but probably still the same, i actually quited to play guard 3-4months ago).

For example:

If i cast facet of chaos KB skill, if u have block it will block it, and u wont suffer the KB, same aplyes for puls.

> @"TexZero.7910" said:

> This can happen with the change to the necro trait as well. Not sure if it's been updated/fixed.

>

> Lingering Curse: The condition damage gained from this trait has been increased from 150 to 200. This trait also changes Feast of Corruption into a new, area-affecting version called Devouring Darkness.

>

> Everyone has to dodge this unblockable thing, not just the target which is counter intuitive.

>

Devouring Darkness is not Unblockable unless the necro used something else to make their attacks unblockable like "Nothing Can Save You!".

It is an AoE that is always centered around a target like being forced to have "Snap Ground Target to Current Target" setting enabled. I can't think of any other skill that functions similarly.